December 15th

Have yourself a merry little (kyuwook) Christmas

Kyuhyun woke up early the next morning, unable to sleep for just one more second. He looked at the alarm clock next to his bed. 6:30. Too early to go to work. Too early for anything to be honest. But what was he supposed to do then? 

Elsewhere in the mansion, Ryeowook was awake too. He had been for most of the night, his thoughts not letting him sleep very much. The events of the previous night kept replaying in his mind. He hadn't avoided Kyuhyun on purpose. Or had he? He was so confused. All he knew, was that he didn't completely dislike the way Kyuhyun had grabbed his hand and pressed him against the wall in the hallway. He didn't dislike the way the other made him tremble, or the way Kyuhyun looked at him with those soft brown eyes, that held so much strength, but so much gentleness as well. 
Not that Ryeowook was going to let anyone know about these feelings. He was going to take them to his grave. 


When Kyuhyun sat down for breakfast around 9 am, Ryeowook placed his food in front of him and started walking towards the door again. Kyuhyun was about to stop him, but didn't, not knowing what to say. Should he apologize for the previous night? Should he tell Ryeowook of his feelings? No, no, never. Ryeowook would never know of his feelings. No one would. Kyuhyun didn't even want to know himself, but for some reason, he couldn't push the thoughts away. They kept coming up, no matter how hard he tried to think of something else. 

Lunch was no different. Ryeowook brought Kyuhyun's food, then walked away, with Kyuhyun staring at his back, trying to find something to say. It was awkward, to say the least. Last night had obviously put a strain on their friendship. And it wasn't even as if one of them could do anything about it alone. They needed to sort it out. And they needed to do it fast. Kyuhyun was determined to apologize at dinner. He walked around all afternoon, trying to find something to say. 

But when dinner came around, he still hasn't found something to say. Kyuhyun knew, that Ryeowook usually went to his room after dinner, to either sleep or just relax. When Kyuhyun heard the light, familiar footsteps that he now associated with Ryeowook, he sat up straighter, despite not really having found anything clever to say. When Ryeowook entered the room, he quietly placed Kyuhyun's plate in front of him. Kyuhyun opened his mouth to say something, but the words just wouldn't come out. In fact, Kyuhyun hadn't even thought of something to say. Ryeowook left the room, without noticing Kyuhyun's failed attempt at communication. 

Kyuhyun sighed. Now, he would have to wait until tomorrow to talk to Ryeowook. Or he could just go to his room to talk to him. It wasn't as if Kyuhyun had never been in Ryeowook's room before.

When he was done eating, Kyuhyun slowly made his way down the hallways, towards Ryeowook's room. After a few turns, he finally stood in front of the wooden door. He took a deep breath and knocked on the door. 
"Come in." Ryeowook said. Kyuhyun slowly opened the door. 
"Oh...hi." Ryeowook greeted, slightly awkwardly. 
"Hey." Kyuhyun said. 
"So, actually..." 
"Kyuhyun, I..." They both started speaking at the same time. Ryeowook chuckled slightly at their communication attempts. 
"You first." He said. Kyuhyun quickly cleared his throat.
"I'm sorry about what happened last night. My behavior was not acceptable. I'm sorry." Kyuhyun said. Ryeowook looked at him. 
"I'm sorry too. I shouldn't have been avoiding you. I can understand why you became suspicious." Ryeowook said.
"So, we're okay now?" Kyuhyun asked. Ryeowook smiled. 
"Yeah, we're okay." Ryeowook said, pulling Kyuhyun into a hug. 

------------
An: I can't wait for the weekend. I need some serious sleep right now. Sorry if the last few chapters have been a bit boring. I'm pretty much just waiting until the really exciting things can happen, but it will most likely be a few more chapters until then. Please subscribe, comment and upvote, and then you will get all the things you wish for this year at Christmas❤️