04.

Bad to good
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Your flight is landing soon. Please buckle on your seatbelts and ensure that we have a safe landing. Thank you.” The captain announced as the girl buckle her seatbelt. Her phone was playing Little Mix when it happened so she took out her earpiece and ensure her phone was safely tucked into her pocket. The plane landed with her ears blocked as she tried to make sure her ears wasn’t block by blowing air through her covered mouth and nose. She quickly took her bag and exit the first class and when she was at the luggage collection area, she found 2 of her luggage, those that looked familiar.

She quickly took a trolley and dumped her luggage on the top as she pushed it out of the arrival hall. She was expecting to see her grandmother but… Nobody familiar was there and she sigh. She flagged a taxi the moment she was out and asked the taxi to bring her to an address she familiarize herself with. The moment she arrived, the house was close and she frowned. She knocked on the door and tried to slide open the door only to find out that it is locked.

She was wondering if she should call the locksmith and sigh, she wasn’t sure of what to do until she saw a neighbor “Oh hello auntie. Do you know the grandmother that stays here?” She asked, her Korean wasn’t fluent but she could manage it.

The auntie looked at her “Don’t you know?” She looked confuse “this grandmother passed away last month.” Madison was surprise, no doubt. “But.. my father did not tell me?” She said and the auntie shook her head “Nobody came. We held the funeral ourselves. We even called her son-in-law. Nobody came.” Madison’s face was angry and outrageous “So.. whose house is this?” she asked and the auntie shrug “We are not sure. I still think it belongs to her. She told me that she is giving it to her daughter. Are you a close friend?” The auntie asked and the girl felt giddy. “No, I am the grand daughter.” The auntie nodded and gave her a set of keys “Here are her keys.” The girl took the key and went in. She saw a set of uniform and some bank books by the side with a set of keys as well as a letter underneath. She took the letter and opened it.

My dear grand daughter,

By the time you’ve received this, I am no longer around. I had a dream of your mother. She came to tell me that you’ll be staying with me. I am hopeful of that because you’re my favorite grand daughter. I heard how bad your attitude is but I know it is all that witch’s fault. I am sorry for not being with you. I got your uniform and enrolled you in a school last month and here is my bankbook and money. The school is Munjin Internation High. Please study hard with the money and please make me proud. I love you my grand daughter. I wrote your name is Jo Seora. Please live a quiet and nice life now that you’re without the witch. I am sorry that you’ll be all alone. I already got a new house for you. Please take the keys and get into a taxi to the address. I had no chance to live comfortably so I am giving you the comfortable life.

The girl read as tears spilt out, “Grandma” she called as she clutched her heart as she whined endlessly before wiping off the tears after twenty minutes as she quickly got up.

She packed the clothes and bank book in a paper bag before walking out of the house and flagged a taxi to bring her to the address stated. She arrived at an apartment where security level is high. When she reached the gate, she used a key to get in with a passcode and she frowned until she remembered “Mommy’s birthday.. 0910” she said as she stuck a tongue out and it unlocked as she smiled “I should change the passcode.” She quickly moved everything in and was shock to see how furnished the apartment was.

The apartment walls were painted black, there was a shelf filled with figurines of different little cartoon characters and there was a tv with a coffee table and sofa. The dining table was also there with the kitchen and a set of stairs. She took the stairs upstairs and found that there were 4 rooms. 1 is the master bed room, another is a guest, another is a wardrobe and the last room is the toilet. She tried to open the guest room but the door wouldn't budge, it was hard to open and she frowned “Maybe I should get a locksmith to get this open.” She opened the wardrobe door and was let into a carpet floor with clothes filled on 2 sides of the door and she felt open as she walked to the end of the clothes section. There's a chair there and around the chair was the shoes, bags and jewelry section “Grandma got a lot of money.” She said as she nodded she unpacked some of her clothes and hung it up as she stared at the clothes, most of them were for teenagers and they fit her.

“Thank you grandma” s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter