Two

Want/Need
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The next few hours are pretty confusing to me. I keep on staring at my phone without paying attention in my normal classes. They didn't interest me before and they sure as hell don't interest me right now. Wonwoo is looking forward to my message and I need to think of a good one to send him. What is a good message to send these days? And why the hell am I stressing out over this? He's just Wonwoo and I am just Mingyu. I'm behaving like a teenage girl for some reason. Is this the new role I've taken upon myself? 

"Hey, Mingyu, what are you thinking about?" Minghao asks beside me. He's a transfer student from China and has some of these classes with me. Since he's a transfer student, he can choose a lot of his classes. He's in some of Wonwoo's classes too, I've learned. He's my main source of Wonwoo information. 

"Nothing, just a task we have to do for Literature class", I sigh and it's not even a wholesome lie. It's just a part of the problem. Minghao looks at me with a puzzled look. 

"I heard you got partnered up with Wonwoo", he states. Word apparently spreads fast at this school. I try to think of a good response, but can't find any. This is all confusing me just too much. 

"The teacher has it in for me and Wonwoo apparently. Me because I'm a business student and Wonwoo because he was late the first day..." I try to explain myself for some reason. I shouldn't feel the need to do that. We can become friends right? Without an ulterior motive. 

"Wonwoo was late? He's never late..." Minghao mumbles to himself. I get to know Wonwoo more and more without even talking to him. When I do talk to him I need to make sure to pretend to know nothing. It'll be very suspicious when you answer: 'oh, I know that already!' Won't it? He will probably think I'm a total creeper. Which I am not, I think. 

"Well he was that day..." I mumble back and turn back to the front of the class. I need to pen this down, but Wonwoo's sweater paws are making it quite impossible to even think about anything else. He looks so fragile when he does that. It makes me want to protect him. Just take him home and cuddle with him. And we're going down that road, again. I hate my mind for wandering. For making me see things that aren't there. Damn Wonwoo for doing this to me already. 

I stare at my phone some more during class. Minghao starts making fun of me for being a girl. He asks me if I'm waiting for someone to text me. The truth is that I'm waiting for inspiration to text Wonwoo. It can't be something lame and it can't be cheesy. I want to be original and I want him to remember me. If I don't do this right, he'll probably ignore me as soon as the project is done. Not that I blame him for that or anything. He has every right to do so. But I want to get to know him better, to know what he likes and dislikes. To do stuff together like friends... Is that so weird? Suddenly I know just what to send. It's my favourite poem of all time and I'm sure he'll appreciate it. Not a lot of people know the poem, so I'll have that advantage. 

"Bright star, would I were stedfast as thou art— 

Not in lone splendour hung aloft the night 

And watching, with eternal lids apart, 

Like nature's patient, sleepless Eremite" 

I wait and wait for his response. There is none in the last 5 minutes. What could possibly take this long? Does he not like it? Does he think I'm cliché? Is he already talking to the professor to switch partners? I don't know what to think anymore. It doesn't get better. After 10 minutes I'm actually thinking of throwing myself in the Han river. That would be less painful that seeing Wonwoo again. He must think I'm an idiot trying to impress him. Which is basically what I am, but I don't want him to know that, ever. 

"John Keats, good choice", I suddenly get back. I almost jump of joy, then I realise I'm still in class and they must think I'm the weirdest person in this room already. Luckily none of them know me from my literature class. 

"Do you know him?" I text back with a huge grin on my face. He is my favourite author of all time. I will be devastated if Wonwoo tells me he . That will mean the end of everything we've built

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter