Twelve

Want/Need
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Wonwoo's POV

I don't ever want Mingyu to know about this. About my mother and my brother working at a rich person's house. And definitely not about me helping them.What would he think of me? Mingyu seems like someone who has it all. Who has figured it all out. And then there's me, the screw-up. The one who doesn't even know what to do with his life. The only thing I'm really good at is writing. And that won't save my family from poverty. 

We've always lived this way. My mom was the housekeeper at this big place we never got to go to. She never wanted us to see what the other half lives like. That's probably also why she didn't stay there. She rented out a place for us three to stay in, which cost her so much more than just staying there. Recently she has fallen ill and my little brother took over since I'm in college. The people of this household even pay for my tuition since my mom has always stayed true to them. They're not bad people, they just have it way better than any of us and that makes me mad. 

"Mom! What's with all the babying?" I hear someone yell in the great hall. Probably the son of these people. Apparently he isn't home a lot. I sometimes wonder what he looks like. 

"Come on, we need to get these glasses to the dining room..." Bohyuk says in a quiet voice. He has learned to stay quiet while working here. We hush into the grand hall, just in time to see a girl round the corner and run to the son. 

"Mingyu?" she says just before hugging him. The girl seems familiar and the fact that she says his name makes me drop a glass. He's here. Why is he here? Why him of all people? Does he see me? Is he going to turn around? What will he say? 

"Ah, these are our new helpers! The ones I told you about. BoHyuk is filling in for his mother and Wonwoo, his brother is helping him for tonight", the lady says and Mingyu's eyes widen as soon as he sees me. The look on his face speak of some kind of agony. He looks like he wants to run to me, but at the same time he doesn't. The girl is still around his waist, clinging to him, and he doesn't look like he's going to let go. 

I bow politely, because it is the right thing to do. He bows back to me and still has the pained reaction on his face. Is he going to tell them he knows me from school? Or is he going to pretend he doesn't? Since he doesn't make a move, I'll do it for him. 

"Nice to meet you", I say before cleaning up. I made the decision for him now. He doesn't need to awknowledge me. He could still speak up... but he does not. Instead he just stands there, confused as always. I pick up the glass and go back to the kitchen. My heart is racing like a fool. How can he be here? Why did it have to turn out like this? Will I have to serve his family and him for the rest of this evening? It'll be the longest and worst evening in the history of men. 

I actually cut my finger on one of the pieces of glass. BoHyuk notices and rushes over with a towel to stop the bleeding. I can't even feel any pain as he takes out the pieces that are stuck in there. The only pain I can feel is Mingyu in this house and with that girl on his arm, again. He reassured me it was nothing, but seeing them like this hurts. It's probably because they fit so well. They look like a couple coming straight from a set of a drama. Which only makes me angrier and angrier. The feeling of knowing we can't ever be like this together. And with 'like this' I mean together comfortably. 

"Are you okay?" My little brother asks of me as he puts on a band-aid. "You're usually very collected..." He has a point, I'm rarely off like this. I never let an emotion slip in front of other people. Of course my brother knows me really well, but the others don't. It still surprises me how much of myself I'm letting Mingyu see. He's seen almost everything already, including this side of me. 

"I'll be fine", I answer and stand up from my chair. This show must go on

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter