Nineteen

Want/Need
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Wonwoo

After my classes I exit the room quickly, making sure not to attract any unwanted attention. For some reason I feel like someone saw us last night, totally intoxicated and all over each other. What the hell were we even thinking? We need to be more careful while being around people. I did like the feeling of being a real couple for once, but we should watch out. While exiting I bump into someone and he drops his files on the floor. While helping him I see who he is. It's Mingyu's friend from high school: Soonyoung. He smiles at me while picking up his belongings. 

"Wonwoo, was it?" he asks while extending his hand for me to shake. 

"Soonyoung?" I ask back and shake his hand. I'm still not keen on physical contact with anyone who is not Mingyu basically. I retract pretty quickly and he notices this. Luckily he does not ask any questions. 

"Did you just finish your class?" he asks and looks around at the people piling out of the classroom. 

"Yeah, I am done for the day", I smile at him and shuffle a little with my feet. It all just makes me feel nervous. 

"Oh, me too! What way are you going?" It all seems so genuine, as if he is really interested in me. It makes me feel a bit more relaxed. And he is Mingyu's friend in the end. 

"I'm going that way", and point eastward where my dorms are. "Why?" 

"I'm going there too, mind if I walk with you?" His smile is too bright for his face and puts me off a little. 

"Yeah, sure", I give a small smile back, but not a genuine one. I keep those for the people I really trust. And those are my mother, my brother and most importantly, Mingyu. 

Soonyoung walks beside me and keeps on talking. He really loves talking. It's kind of nice, not having to walk to the dorms all alone. Most of the time Mingyu walks with me and that makes me both happy and nervous. I always worry that people will find out that we are seeing each other and will judge us. This time I don't have to worry about those things because I feel nothing towards this boy walking next to me. He is just someone talking to me. 

I keep on answering with short words because that is just the way I am. I don't see the point of saying more than needs to be said to people I barely know. He seems to not think this is disturbing, judging by the amount he keeps on talking. Finally we arrive at my dorms and he stops. 

"I'm sorry if I kept on babbling!" He excuses himself and I laugh a little. This is a new reaction for me. I'm startled by it. 

"No problem, I don't really talk that much anyways. Thanks for walking with me", I do feel obligated to say this because I was raised well. My mother always taught me to be grateful towards people who are kind to you. That is the way she has always lived. 

"It was my pleasure. Just hit me up if you want to get coffee sometimes!" He is so social, he reminds me of Mingyu just a little. No wonder they know each other. 

"Thank you! I will!" I bow a little before going inside. This was truly very nice. I don't feel too bad after talking with him, which I really always do after talking to people. Especially new people. Normally I would just crawl up in a ball and lie on my bed, distressing. I'm not a social person and have actually kind of developed a little social fear over the years of mistreatment in high school.But not this time, I think things are finally changing for me. And maybe Mingyu is helping me with them, but this is working. It's finally happening: me changing. Because I want to, not because others tell me to. Or maybe I'm kind of accepting myself? Who knows...

Mingyu

Meeting my mom is an absolute drag. It feels like a million years have gone by while waiting, instead it's only been five minutes. It's depressing to say the least. Plus, she is always late. No need in worrying she will be on time. I, on the other hand, am always on time, against better judgement. When she finally comes inside I roll my eyes before she can see. She's dress

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter