Thirteen

Want/Need
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Mingyu 

The days after the dinner with my parents are very awkward. Wonwoo and I have kind of been avoiding each other all the way. Whenever we see each other there's this little smile, but we both walk opposite directions. The atmosphere is just gloomy. We made up at the dinner, but that doesn't mean it takes away all of the problems there are. They're still there. Wonwoo probably still thinks I'm a spoiled rich kid that's out for an adventure with a guy for once. Before getting married that is. 

At the dinner I made clear, again, that I'm not willing to marry YeonAh. She's become annoying to say the least. For some reason she always wants to come and visit me on campus, I say no every single time. Why? Because if Wonwoo sees her, it's over for real. And I don't want it to be over, never. 

Minghao sees me moping around campus and has seen me this way all of the past week. I think he's had enough of it. "Dude, what's the matter. You look like your dog just died. And I know for a fact you don't even have a dog." 

"Nothing, just having some issues I need to resolve", I sigh because it's true. We can't go around avoiding each other for the rest of the semester. Plus we still have to do that assignment together. The class is tomorrow. By then we need to have a rough draft of what we want. 

"I haven't seen you around with Wonwoo lately..." He remarks and my head snaps up faster than I want it to. Why do I do that every time someone mentions him? "He's been moping around campus too, even harder than before... Did you guys fight?" 

"Not really", I say without thinking. Does Minghao know too? Has he seen us together like that? 

"You guys seemed to become best friends really quick, what happened?" He says while sitting us down on a bench near our classroom. Class starts in half an hour so we have time to spare right now. 

"We just didn't see eye to eye on some things and we need to get over it", for some reason this is really true. We need to learn how to see each other's side on this thing. I have no idea of what's going on in Wonwoo's family for him to have to work there. The same goes for him. He doesn't know what my family expects from me and what kind of pressure I feel all the time. Maybe it's time we address these things in a normal conversation. 

"I do hope so since you guys seemed to really get along. Wonwoo has difficulty in making good friends. You'd be such a good friend for him since you're really loyal", Minghao seems to be praising me and I kind of blush. Is he being for real? "I mean, you always listen to my problems about being a foreign student and all..." 

"That's because we are friends and that's just something you do for each other", I smile and pat him on the back. 

"Well, you two better make up quick!" Minghao stands up and starts walking to the classroom. Did time fly by this quick already? "Come on! Before the good spots are taken!" 

I stand up too and follow him. He has managed to cheer me up for now. And with this newfound courage I even dare text Wonwoo. We'll have to meet today for that project and maybe we can talk about this stuff too. 

"Do you want to meet today?" I text him as soon as I sit down. 

"Yes", his reply is swift. 

"The café?" I ask. 

"When does your class end?" He seems to be very eager to see me. 

"At 4", I reply curt this time. 

"Okay, I'll come pick you up", my heart skips a beat as he says that. Wonwoo taking the wheel is something I really like. It's just so different from his usual self. 

The lecture started and I put my phone away. Wonwoo was still on my mind though, through all of the class. Whenever he talks to me he keeps going through my mind over and over again. It didn't seem to stop at all. I want to see him already and just be by ourselves. The boys has a s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter