Twenty One

Want/Need
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Wonwoo

I look up at him, totally confused. Why is he doing this in public? What if someone sees? I don't pull my hand back either because I don't want to. The warmth I feel being transferred to my hand is too nice. It's the feeling Mingyu always gives me, no matter what. Maybe we should take a risk and just go public with this kind of thing? We'll never be able to live our lives comfortably if we keep this hidden from everyone. I will never be able to show him off to my mom and brother. He deserves more than that. I want to show him off to the world and just tell them: "He's mine". Because he is. And I am his, forever. I can't see myself falling in love with anyone else besides Mingyu for the rest of my life. He is what I want, what I need. 

"Sorry", he says while pulling back. "I forgot where we were for a second." He seems very apologetic towards me because of this. I feel sad and relieved at the same time. I do miss his touch now it's gone. Like I always do. 

"Don't be. It was in the moment", I assure him. He always seems so anxious as to not upset me over things like this. He thinks I am fragile when it comes to that and he is right to an extent. I've been through some extreme bullying for liking a boy before and it has altered my view on coming out as someone who likes someone of the same gender. Mingyu knows all of this and still chooses to be with me and deal with whatever consequences there might be. 

"Do you want to go to class?" he asks me while looking around for the waiter. "Maybe we should take our coffees to go?" He seems more anxious than before. Is there something else playing on his mind? Something he is not telling me? 

"Hey! Fancy seeing you guys here this early!" someone calls from behind me. I turn around and see Soonyoung standing there with a big smile on his face. He has a large cup to go in his hands while takes out a chair to join us. I look over to Mingyu and his face has lost all colour. He is normally pretty tan, but right now he is as white as whitewashed idols. He could practically be one. 

"What are you doing here?" Mingyu asks, nothing of that kindness he showed me was in his voice. It sounds empty and distant. Nothing like Mingyu at all. This is the first time hearing that kind of tone coming out of his mouth. He even had more affection towards his mother and that girl they call his 'fiancé'. 

"I saw you guys sitting over here and thought I'd join you. My class doesn't start for another hour!" Soonyoung says, as chirpy as ever. I feel conflicted between the two of them. Soonyoung has actually been very kind towards me, even with rumors about me flying around. I kind of like him as a friend. Mingyu doesn't seem to like him at all. Not the first time around and now even less. Their history must be more complicated than I first thought. 

"We actually just decided on having some coffee to go since we both have to head to class", I say very friendly. I'm trying to smooth things over between them, but trying to make everything right, right now? That would be too much to ask of the both of them. Mingyu does seem very pissed at the boy. 

"Yeah, otherwise we have to run. Sorry to bail on you already", Mingyu says with as much friendliness he can muster. It seems like a very big effort to him. 

"Oh no! I'll walk you guys to class?" Soonyoung suggests and he is just pissing Mingyu off even more. What does one do in a situation like this? Where your friend and boyfriend can't stand each other? 

"That will be fine. We need to talk some things over before class..." I say while getting up. Mingyu does too. 

"It was nice seeing you anyways! We should catch up one of these days! Oh and Wonwoo, I'll see you after class?" He is purposely trying to annoy Mingyu now. I can tell by the way Mingyu reacts. I'm done with this for the day. 

"I'll t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter