Sixteen

Want/Need
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Mingyu 

It's hard for me to concentrate in class when Wonwoo isn't hear. It's even harder to concentrate when he is here. This is the only class we have together and I'm doing my best to stay calm. He is sitting right next to me in the back of the room and I can smell his unique smell. It's enough to make me think about last night and just sleeping together. Why does he distract me like this? I hate this. And I love this at the same time. Why do I always have these conflicting feelings whenever he is around? I mean, he even made me question my uality when I first saw him. Which has turned out to be for the better because we're dating now. Apparently I'm Wonwooual. He's my preference. I don't like girls or guys. I like Wonwoo. 

My phone buzzes and I look at it. It's Minghao. He's asking me to come to a party tonight. Apparently anyone who is anyone is coming. It would be my first party at university... But will Wonwoo like going there? I have no idea whatsoever. He doesn't strike me as the party person. And if he's not going, I'm not going. I text Minghao back that I'll think about it. And of course the dude has to text me back that I can bring my girlfriend. He still thinks I have a girlfriend because I'm always smiling while texting Wonwoo. If only he knew who I was really texting all the time... I would like to see his face. 

"What's up?" Wonwoo asks me during a break in class. This class lasts for 2 hours so he usually gives us a break in the middle. So we can try concentrating again when he starts. For some reason people tend to doze off after an hour. 

"Minghao just texted me..." I begin and something in Wonwoo's face changes. "He says there's a party tonight and I kind of want to go. But only if you're coming." There, I said it. There's no turning back now. 

"Okay", he says, a little unsure. A very Wonwoo way to react to things if you ask me. 

"You're coming?" I ask, in a bit of disbelief. I thought this was going to take thorough convincing, but he just gave in like that. I'm kind of disappointed because I had this whole speech prepared in my mind. 

"Yeah, I've never been to one anyways", he says with a small smile. The one he only grants me when he feels secure. 

"This is going to be so exciting!" I almost yell in front of the whole room. This is not the place to get excited. The teacher is still in front of the class and he already dislikes me. Is it because I'm a business major? Who knows. Maybe it's just because I stood out to him on the first day. 

"Yeah," Wonwoo says and looks back to his papers. Class is about to start again. I reach over and take one of his hands that's under the table. No one can see us here anyways. There's no one behind us and the tables are covered with wood in the front. I join our hands and give it a little squeeze. He looks up from his books and just stares at me. I know it must still be a shock for him to experience this out in the open. Just wait until we go public with our relationship. 

Wonwoo

Mingyu seems like he desperately wants to go to this party and how can I say no to him when he looks at me like that? He seems so excited and I just want to give him this. He's always missing out on things these days because of me. I feel guilty to say the least. He takes my hand in his and I look up. He seems so fearless. All the time. Like he doesn't have anything to lose with all of this. 

I haven't been to a university party at all, even though I'm a year older than Mingyu. And there's a good reason for that. I don't want to attract any attention to myself. In high school I had too much unwanted attention. I had no friends at all because they just saw me as 'the gay guy'. It seems like word has gotten around on campus too, but they don't care as much as they did in high school. 

Will this be good for Mingyu? What if they think he is gay? Okay, he kind of is, given the nature of our relationship. But I'm certain he doesn't want anyone to know just yet. At least I don't. I'll have to get used to being with Mingyu first. I still can't believe an amazing guy like Mingyu picked me. He loves me and I love him. I have found someone I can truly be myself around. That is so weird to me, the person who didn't have any friends at all. He's the first person I've opened up to except for my family. My brother obviously knows I am gay and I have a boyfriend. My mom is less aware of this, but I think she can feel it. She knows I have no interest in women. That's why she hasn't sent me on a date yet with one of her friend's daughters. 

Mingyu's hand finds mine underneath the table and I can't help myself from looking up at him. He is grinning while looking in front of him. Of course he knows what he is doing. He knows I'll look at him when he does stuff like this. Because it ma

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter