Prologue

Want/Need
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Mingyu

Today is my first day at university. Seoul National University is one of the most prestigious universities out here in South Korea and I'm attending it. Not for the reasons I want to, but for those dictated by my parents. All I ever do is please them and all the people around me. Father wants me to take over our company as soon as possible, hence why I am now attending business classes at university. This degree will earn me the trust of the shareholders in the company. 

But this is not in the least what I want to do. There is not a bone in my body that wants to actually take over the company. My parents have my whole future laid our in front of me, all I have to do is follow their lead. The only thing is: I don't want to do that anymore. But what other options are there? I can't go against their wishes and do something else because I will be left with nothing. They've made that pretty clear over the past few years. 

The thing I really love doing is reading and writing. Every spare second I have you can find me reading in the library or book shop. There are never enough books to read or things to write. Life is full of wonderful things that need to be written down instead of taken pictures of. My parents think this is a total waste of time and I should pursue things that can get me somewhere in life. 

As I'm walking towards campus I feel tired already. There is just one class I still need to sign up for, it's a class we can pick out of a lot of classes. They sent us a list from which we can choose. Today I'm going to go around and sit in on some of those classes to look at them. Since it's an elective for us, it's with an older year. The list contains a lot of boring classes containing even more economics. The last thing I want is to enroll in that again. There are some art classes on there too, which speak to me more than all of the other ones. 

Which leads me to the door of a literature class. There aren't too many people inside as I just stand there. I'm still debating whether to go inside or not. If my parents ever find out, they'll have me kicked out of their home. And life. It's just one step and it can change my life forever. Suddenly I'm pushed inside because someone bumped into me. That's it. I can't turn back now. The people in the classroom are already watching me, urging me to take a seat before class starts. I look around and find an empty spot in the back, where no one can really see me. 

The professor comes inside and looks around for a little bit. When he's satisfied he picks up his little clipboard. Roll call. . I'm not on the list and he will notice it since there aren't too many people to begin with. Before he can begin someone stumbles inside. He is slender and has raven black hair. His sweater is too big while his jeans are probably too tight. 

"I'm so sorry professor Kim", he urges an apology. The deep voice coming out the male's mouth is surprising since he is so thin. 

The professor nods. "Jeon Wonwoo?" he asks the male and he nods. "Take a seat." 

The boy, Wonwoo makes his way to the back, not too far from me, and sits down. I watch him since he fascinates me. His sleeves are a bit too long, making him have sweater paws. It's kind of cute to be honest. What am I even thinking? Cute? Really? I try to focus on roll call again. 

The professor keeps on calling names until the last one. He skipped Wonwoo because he already knew he was here. Then his eyes land on me. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter