Twenty Five

Want/Need
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Mingyu

The more I think about it, the more I can't find a solution to this. It feels like telling is the only option, because that guy really has no dirt on him. I've asked around at campus and everyone seems to like him. Which is different from when we were in high school. Wonwoo is fast asleep next to me. I convinced him that waiting would be the best for both of us, but I know it won't. 

If his mother gets wind of this from someone else, he would not survive it. She needs to hear it from her own son or she won't survive. And maybe his mother is the key to all of this. If she can accept us, my parents will too... I hope... His mother could back us when we tell my father. Because my father will be the worst. My mother loves me for who I am, well kind of. She loves me for the person she thinks I am. My father just wants me to be someone and not get attached in any sort of way. It's disturbing to say the least, but it is what his parents did to him. This is normal for him.

"Wonwoo, honey", I wake him up gently. He stirs and opens one eye to look at me. It's that look that says he doesn't want to wake up yet. He closes his eye again and turns over, hugging the pillow on the other side. I sigh. He is too cute for his own good sometimes. "Don't you think hugging me would be a lot nicer?" 

He turns around faster than I could even anticipate and hugs me full on. I don't know when it became a habit of us to always sleep together, but it is one of the things in life I enjoy the most. While we hug I kiss his forehead, which makes him cuddle me even more. He holds on to me for dear life. And it makes me feel wanted, more than ever. After always feeling someone who is on the outside and being misunderstood. After always having to conceal who I really am, it's nice to have someone who accepts you. I just hope he doesn't freak out after this next bit.

"I was thinking..." I say in a hushed voice, trying to not alarm him any further. 

"We can't... We'll be late for class. I know how serious you take this thing and we just don't have time. Not that I don't want to..." Wonwoo says sheepishly. It strikes me that he thinks I'm even talking about that. It's kind of cute how he became less and less rigid. 

"No, I want to do that too, but this is something different. Serious."

Wonwoo sits up to look me in the eye. He knows I'm not kidding right now and wants to gauge my expression. He reads me like an open book and I hate that sometimes. This time he can read it too.

"You said you'd find a way out of this! You're not actually thinking of giving in to his demands are you?" He's clearly getting worked up and I need to wind him down before taking this any further.

"Calm down. You're not doing anyone a favor by getting worked up like this", I touch his arm and he visibly calms down a lot. Wonwoo sometimes needs to be brought back to reality because he tends to make a big spectacle of it in his mind. And I can't controle his mind. I can just remind him of the here and now and what has not happened, yet.

"Fine, tell me what your big plan is then", now he's annoyed. Great.

"I was thinking of telling your mother gently. She might be our way in. And she is clearly supportive of who you are and whom you love. Maybe, in the end, she could convince my parents of everything?" I suggest and it does sound a little crazy after saying it out loud for the first time. I don't like pitching this idea because I told him yesterday that his mother could die of shock. And he will remind me of that fact. 

"YOU told me yesterday that she could die from shock after hearing this!" He's shouting now. Even greater. 

"I know. But then I thought it through. This could work. Just think about it." 

"My brother already knows... He told me we were playing a dangerous game. That we need to look out before anyone catches us. I don't know if he meant our mother. This could be too much for her", Wonwoo is calmi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter