Tweny Four

Want/Need
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Wonwoo 

Getting up the next morning to go to class is always hard. After a mental breakdown and not feeling up for it, I feel like absolute . There is nothing that makes me want to get up but Mingyu. And it so happens that he is now lying next to me, watching me intently. We've been having this conversation for over an hour already. 

"I don't want to face it all... What if everyone knows?" I counter, but he just shakes his head. He's so done with this conversation and has been trying to convince me for an hour. He doesn't get how I feel. I feel like I can't show my face outside anymore. Not because I am ashamed, but because people will judge us for our preference in lovers rather than because of who I am. 

"Look, let me handle all of this. This will not affect us. This has changed nothing about the way I feel about you or the other way around", Mingyu says yet again. He looks so serious, more serious than he has ever been since we started this. I've always been the one to keep things serious, he was the joker. 

"It still does not want to make me go outside and face the music", I mumble while Mingyu gets up. He is already fully dressed and armed to take on this entire world for the both of us. But he won't have to. I'll get up, get dressed and take on this world with him. Because that is what people in a relationship do: they stand up for each other. Just like how Mingyu was there for me last night, I will be there for him now. This must bother him too, I know it does. He is just a lot braver than me. 

Than being said: getting up is way harder than expected. And dressing too. But Mingyu smiles while I try my best. That is the only thing he wants from me: to try. And that is the only reason I am trying in the first place. He is so compassionate and strong. I feel stronger just by being with him like this. He is the flame inside of me that wants to fight. And for that alone I am so thankful to him.

"Are you ready?" Mingyu asks while we stand in front of the door. This is my last chance to change my mind. My last chance to turn back and just go lie in my bed for all eternity. But what good would that do me in the end? What good would it to Mingyu? 

"I'm not sure, but it is now or never", I give him a weak smile before we step outside. Here goes nothing. 

 

Mingyu

I look at Wonwoo instead of the world. They can stare and judge all they want, for I have never been in love as I am at this moment. He is scared, but still so courageous to do this. He always had it inside of him, but to see his bravery come out is so much better. I believe he is strong and I believe he can do this, regardless of anyone judging us. 

I must say I have thought about this too. This will bring shame onto my family and they will throw me out the instant they find out that I am in love with someone from the same . To top it off: he is the maid's son. What a cliché we are indeed. But that is all behind me for now. He is all I can see. 

And you know what I don't see? People staring at us. Wonwoo seems surprised too as we walk across campus to our coffee shop. No one looks at us in particular, they just go about their own ways and don't give us a second glance. Except for some girls who were flirting. This is weird. This should not be happening. 

"They don't know", Wonwoo says in disbelief. All the feelings of yesterday seem so insignificant now. We both freaked out for no reason, so it seems.

"Soonyoung must have kept it to himself..." I whisper while we walk into the coffee shop. At our table sits the traitor indeed. He is sipping his coffee with the girl in question. 

"Come join us", he waves us over and we sit down. The girl looks disgusted as she watches the both of us. What puzzles me is why she didn't tell anyone yet. 

"We don't have all day", I say annoyed. I want to punch his face for doing this to my poor, sweet Wonwoo. 

"You're wondering why she didn't tell anyone yet", he guesses and Wonwoo just nods. He seems numb to whatever is happening in front of us. 

"Of course we are..." I say a little more annoyed than 5 seconds ago.

"Well, I'll tell you. I want both of you to tell people themselves. Or I will go to your parents first." He points at me. Of course he would go there. We went to the same school for a long time, he knows what kind of parents I have and what I stand to lose if I keep this relationship up. "I will tell your fiancé and your mother first. Leave them to tell your father before all hell breaks loose."

"Of course. Your hatred of me runs that deep. And what if I tell everyone? It will just be the same as you telling people after all..." I sigh.

"It won't. Because telling people is always harder than waiting for the other shoe to drop. You will be infinitely more tortured by having to te

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter