Fourteen

Want/Need
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Wonwoo's POV

"I think I'm falling in love with you..." 

Those are the words Mingyu just told me. I didn't say them back and it didn't look like he expected me to do so. For some reason Mingyu accepts me for having to think everything over. In my world, there is no spontaneity, I calculate every single thing I do. Mingyu seems to be okay with it, most of the time. At least he tries to be okay with it. 

Now that I'm alone, back in my dorm room, I realize I should have told him I'm falling for him too. These things always come late to me. I should've just gone with the moment, but it's hard for me to break this stupid habit. And now Mingyu probably thinks he's the only one loving someone in this relationship. 

Who am I even kidding? Of course Mingyu knows how I feel. I've let him see into my heart and into my life, countless times. And even if I don't tell him, I show him. Don't I? Tonight was a big step for me, opening up about my family to him... There's no one in this entire school or even planet who knows this. He's the first one I've let in one everything that's going on with my mom. And how hard is has been on me. Of course he's seen me being the maid at his place and he had some questions, but the weird this is, I wanted to tell him about it. Even before all of this I was thinking about telling him everything. Because Mingyu is not one to judge. If anyone is judgmental, it's me. 

The nights can be long when you just lie on your bed and think. Think about all of the things you should have done. Of all the things you still want to do. And it's lonely. Now that I've slept with him a few times, and with slept I really mean slept, I feel alone in my bed. I could have stayed with him, but that's taking too many risks, again. We need to learn how to be careful about it all. Some day, someone other than Seungkwan, is going to find out. Someone who will not be this kind to us. And what will we do then? Is our relationship strong enough for something like that? 

And then there's this whole 'he has a fiancé' thing. YeonAh is here and she seems intend on staying. After seeing her at his house I understand the importance of it all to her. Even his mother seemed to be really fond of her. From what I gather, she is important to this family. And will Mingyu be ready to risk it all? Will he give everything up just to be with me? Do I even want him to? 

That's where late night thinking gets you, absolutely nowhere. I've been going in circles like this ever since I got back. The dorm is eerily quiet and there's nothing else to do but think. Think about all that can go right and think about all that can go wrong. There are so many directions this thing can go. The only conclusion I can make for myself is that I don't want to lose Mingyu. Ever. He's been the rock in this school for me. The only one I can hold on to and know he's going to still be there in the end. After all, Mingyu is a man of his word. 

Whenever Mingyu looks at me, I feel like I'm the only thing he sees in the world. He seems to be forgetting about the people around us and just sees me. I need to remind myself to keep myself grounded, because one of us has to pay attention to others. But whenever Mingyu's eyes turn soft like that, I feel lost. My heart skips beats and my breath is taken away. Not only one time, but every single time. It feels like being thrown out into the cold sea. That's what this whole thing is: an adventure. And I seriously need to tell Mingyu how I feel. 

Or should I? Should I run over there and tell him everything that's on my mind? Do I want him to know all the things I feel and want for us? Do I want to give him that power over me? Mingyu seems like the honest person who won't betray my trust, but then again, so did the people in high school seem. They seemed sincere, but laughed at me for liking boys. 

Mingyu never laughed at me liking boys. He even told me he liked me first and made the first move. No, scratch that. He made every move there was even made. Exactly what I needed. But what does that mean? Does he really mean all of this? Is he willing to go all t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter