Twenty Three

Want/Need
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

*Fair warning, this may contain triggers, if you don't want to be triggered, don't read please, also: take care of yourself* 

 

Mingyu 

Getting Wonwoo home proves to be more difficult than first thought. The girl ran off right after she said the 'thing' and has left us with no more words to say. I wanted to go inside and beat the living crap out of Soonyoung, but Wonwoo didn't want me to. He needed me more than Soonyoung needed to be beate to a pulp. Wonwoo is always in first place for me. He clung to me like he was going to die if I ever left him while going home. 

His dorm is very quiet when we get back, because it's way past curfew around here. Luckily we get in without too many problems and I get Wonwoo safe to his own bed. Once he sits down, he breaks. He breaks in a way I've never seen a person break before. It's like all will has left his body and every single bone has been broken to make sure he never makes the same mistakes again. He just sits there, tears streaming down his cheeks, staring at the wall in front of him. It's like he isn't in there anymore, all that's left is a shell. It makes my heart hurt in so many different ways to see the man I love like this, all because some jerk wanted revenge. Soonyoung is going to pay for this. I will not let him break the love of my life into pieces. 

"Wonwoo, listen to me for a second", I whisper and he looks up from the wall. Some kind of emotion has returned while he looks at me. It makes me feel like I can at least do something. He listens to me. Always has. Now I just need to get through to him. "I will make sure nothing happens to you. I love you, okay? And not in a superficial way or a way that's going to end soon. You're it for me, the love of my life. This is nothing we can't beat. It's just another major bump in the road to being together happily ever after. You can't let him get to you, not like this." My voice sounds almost pleading when he closes his eyes to assess the situation. 

"It's over", he whispers while looking down at his hands. "It's all over." 

"No, it is not! You are worth so much more than this. You are strong and can get through this. With me. I'll always be here", I say with a stronger voice while sitting down in front of him and putting my hands on both of his knees. 

"How?" he even sounds broken. 

"With time, and me", I hope he sees what I'm trying to say. Instead Wonwoo just looks out in front of himself. He does not see me nor does he respond to me. It's like I'm not even in the room anymore. I know how he feels. Like your life is flashing in front of your eyes. But it does make me sad to see he doesn't even listen to a word I am saying. I'm saying all of this because I believe in these words. I believe that he will overcome this. 

Even I, after all this time, know that he is the one I want to spend all of my days with. For that I would face the entire world and tell them to go themselves. Because Wonwoo is my reason for living. He is why I believe in the kindness and goodness of all humans. Just because he has accepted me for who I am. He's never questioned why I am the way I am. Hell, he even met my family and didn't judge me for being rich or not telling him. He was a little mad at first, but he knows the real me. Which made him believe in me. 

"Wonwoo?" I ask once more, but he doesn't react to his name at all. Instead he stares blankly ahead, breaking my heart in a million pieces. He's in shock. Everyt

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter