Twenty Two

Want/Need
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Wonwoo

As soon as I exit my class, Soonyoung is waiting there. I did tell him I would contact him later, but I wasn't planning on doing so. Mingyu asked me to trust him and I do. If he needs me to stay away from this person, I will. Not that I'm doing it because he asked me to, I'm doing it to show him I have faith in his judgement. 

"Hey! My class was done early and we were going to meet up anyway!" Soonyoung says while walking up. I'm still baffled as to how he knew where my class was and when it ended. I'll let it slide for now. It's not what's important. 

"I actually already have plans for tonight..." I try to wiggle my way out of meeting up with him and upsetting Mingyu even more. He seemed so distraught earlier. I wonder what's really going on between them and why he won't tell me. It looks like I have something to do with it anyway. 

"Don't try and cancel on me! I'm going to karaoke with some friends and we're short one person. Don't let me down on this!" He is awfully close and I start to wonder again why Mingyu doesn't like him. "Do it for me? I thought we were close enough for that kind of thing." 

"Maybe for an hour..." I cave. He's using the 'friend' thing against me. I don't have too many friends and want to keep the ones I have really close. That's why I'm doing this. At least it's what I tell myself. I wonder if this is about finding out what is so wrong about hanging out with Soonyoung. 

"Cool! Let's go!" He motions for me to follow him. I wonder what kind of friends he has. And why he wants to drag me along. We've only talked for an hour in total? Does he really appreciate me as a friend already? Is that how things go? It did go very quick for me and Mingyu. But that was because of the connection we had and because we felt attracted to each other. Things just went and no one questioned it. 

We walk a great distance before arriving at this karaoke bar. I've never done such a thing alone, let alone with other people. I'm not that good with crowds, but I do hope to improve today. Maybe I can show a better self towards Mingyu. Maybe I can actually hang out with his friends in the future too. He's been neglecting them because of me, I know that much. Soonyoung motions for me to follow him inside a room. It's filled with guys and girls I vaguely know from school. Some of them I have never seen before. My anxiety starts acting up again, but I push it down. I need to see this through. I did promise Soonyoung I'd come with him. 

"Guys! This is Wonwoo!" He shouts and everyone welcomes me. It's a strange feeling, being welcomed into a circle of friends. Although they don't seem that close. It almost seems like this is a group date. Maybe it is. But I'm flattered to be asked here in the first place. Maybe people are forgetting about all of the rumors about me. I sure do hope so. 

I sit down in the corner while Soonyoung goes socializing with some girls. He seems to know them by name. I try to listen in, but the singing is just too loud. What do you even say in situations like these? There is only one other person in this room as quiet as me. The girl is sitting opposite me and looks at me with shy eyes. Maybe I should say hello? I wave. She waves back and moves over to sit next to me. 

"Hi, I'm MiSun!" She screams over the loud music. Her smile is contagious. 

"Hello, I'm Wonwoo", I say back, trying to smile in a situation like this. Girls still somehow make me feel uncomfortable. Especially in settings like these. This is obviously some kind of big group date Soonyoung dragged me off to. I've never been in a situation like this. It's kind of scaring to be here. 

"You got dragged into it as well?" She scoffs and I nod at her. It seems like we're to pea's in a pod. 

"Soonyoung was short one person..." I admit and look over at the boy once more. He is having the time of his life, so it seems. While I sit here, awkwardly. 

MiSun is very nice actually. She keeps on talking to me all the way through. Probably because she is bored to hell otherwise. All the other boys and girls are occupied or have left the room. Who knows what they are up to by themselves? I really don't want to know. The farther I can distance myself from that kind of stuff, the better. 

"So, are you enjoying

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter