chapter 9

will you recognize me?


CHAPTER 9


Next day


Song hye kyo put the make up and the wig on once again to go to school,after looking at herself in the mirror one last time she brath a sigh to calm her down and then nod her head.


"Yes,you can do it,go and act...sigh"then sigh again and her spirit goes down,her fighting gesture and destermination lowered,it seemed like a funny comic scene 


"Aish,i don't want to go to school..."suddenly she look at the ceiling and desperately start to beg.


"to all the gods in heaven,please ,let me at peace for today,let me see less of song jong ki,please spare me! i think i am a good girl so please help to not see him today,don't get me wrong! i just hooope that it will only befor work..he isn't good for my heart!"she look down


"aishi...school"she started to walk to her bed and take her school bag in low spirit.


--------------------


When she arrive, once again she act like min seo timid and trying not to attract too much attention even more so after the people saw just how much she could change,song hye kis for the first time afraid to be discovered my someone again so she is hiding even more,in every corner she can find.


"what the hell are you doing?"she jump from the scare and turn around.


"ya!you almost made me discover myself!" lee jin look at her with a moking face and cross her arms"ya,you just did it yourself,scream bit more and you would reveal everything on your own.Also doing this,hiding like athief is more suspicious",song hye kyo look around after lee jin let her notice people gaze.


"see?"lee jin said in a calm tone.


"aish"


"just what are you hiding from?"


"Sigh...you really don't know when it's all because of you?"lee jin calm from before suddenly dissappear and a smile plastered on her face try to coax song hye kyo in forgiving her.


"aigo,my min seo.don't be angry ok?no one remember anymore,it's been so much time" but lee jin disn't say the full truth.Since song hye kyo was absent for a short time,students interest in her grew by the day so she can only imagine what kind of disaster it will be when people will see her...


"Sigh,anyway it's not all my fault,you are-"song hye kyo glare at her with a scary killing and chilling eyes,it was song hye kyo's sign to tell her to shut up so lee jin nod her head.


"Arasso,i will be a good friend from now on"lee jinput her arm under her neck and start to walk towards the entrance of the university,while lee jin think to herself


"sigh,it's tought to be an actress,a top actress and act like an idiotic person...song hye kyo this is hard with your charisma,just what do you think the outcome would be?" then she felt a bit guilty because she set up another good heat for her friend...she smile and then say.


"Kyo"


"what?"song hye kyo look at her being on her guard.


"well,please don't get mad whatever it happens ok?" 


"don't you even think of asking me another favour like that of back then,or else i am going to never talk to you again for the rest of my life and i will do it!"  she treaten her with their friendship and of course lee jin wasn't happy about,she know more than anyone else how much she wanted to have a life apart from the world she is living in.She of course like her job,she his head over heel for it but of course she would crave for some peace some times and it's just right,that's why she feel guilty about it,because she messed up everything and was ultimately found out by song jong ki.


"SIgh,arasso,i won't do it ever again,i promise"


"i am not going to tolerate a next time arasso?"


"Arasso,arasso,arasso.I understand,no need to be so serious"lee jin smile at song hye kyo who sight.


"Sigh,now let's go,i need too go-"


"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA,WOW,JONG KI SSI!"song hye kyo suddenly frooze and felt goosebumns all over her body.Lee jin was startled by that,song hye kyo was the perfect human image of a cat that had all their fur up.


"Ya,what the hell happened to you?girl" said in durprise lee jin looking at her from head to toe.


"aishi,aishi,aishi"song hye kyo lower her head a bit more and later touches her glasses and wisper.


"ya!walk faster,we need to get inside the university,i need to flee!"


"what?"lee jin had no clue at all of what she was doing and song hye kyo started to feel irritated.


"Aish,then i have no choice".

 

"KYA!SONG JONG KI BE MY BOYFRIEND!"


"Sorry,there is no way"


"kya!how cold!please tell us where are you going!,we will go with-"


"sorry,i have a previous appointment"the girls still didn't let him leave.


"Is it a girl?"some of the crazy girls ask to song jong ki.


"...well"they see him look at the door university'door while song hye kyo felt gazes directed at her,she can feel it,she slowly turn around and see song jong ki looking straight at her with a devilish smile that made her get cold sweat.


"Yes a girl"TUMP TUMP TUMP song hye kyo's heart started to beat from the nervousness and said wispering to herself.


"this isn't goo,he better don't spout nonsense" song jong ki smiled at her in response and she felt pressure all over her head,her dream of a simple life is going to feel so tortuous this year because of him.Song hye kyo's turn around slowly.


"...so it's because of him"affirm lee jin looking down at her.


"Yea,yea,yea!so now that you understand start to walk!"she try to pull lee jin that instead cross her arms.


"Ya you are surely becoming min seo by the day.Walk straight what's with that attitude,they will think it's really you that he is searching"


"That's not possible-"Song jong ki keep on talking all the while never leaving his eyes off from her.


"A girl that it's more like a cowardly cat"her ears ear his words and start to worry.


"a cat?"


"Yes,a cat.A cat that likes to run away"


"What?who the hell is this girl!oppa leave her coward alone and become mine"


Aish,ya, sorry ,if i don't have the heart to face that damn brat and all of you crazy wenches,she think to herself.


"O^ oppa,where are you going?"


"to my little cat"


O no,she once again can't help but think to herself,she really is feeling like a cat scared of water running for her life!.


"She need to feel my tender care"he said while walking,of course poor song hye kyo is earing his voice coming closer and closer.


"It's time to flee"


"hu?"


"run,aish"song hye kyo take lee jin hand and run for her life inside the university and song jong ki was surprised at first but then he couldn't hold the laughter he felt and started to laugh to everyone shocked expression.They never saw him laugh,he is usualy a strange type ,seeinghim having this kind of reaction is like asking a dog to fly,it's impossible but he was smiling no!laughing!.When they turned around they saw the back of a running min seo and lee jin.


"it's her? song jong ki?" someone ask


"..."He turn to look at the girl and became serious.


"It's none of your buisness"and then walk away inside the university.The girls where upset but the surprising thing was that they tought it was lee jin the girl he was interested with.


"I always hated that girl!"once of them stomp her feet and al mad glare at their direction.Minwhile a sudden chill came at the back of lee jin"what's wrong?"


"I have a bad feeling"


"Tsk,don't be like that we survived in the end...let's go to class"


"Dae..."the two girls went straight to their classes.


.................................


Lee jin is helping the writer of the play she need to do next,song hye kyo was real busy with commercials and her next project's latest  news,so she was barely able to help,the only thing she could do was to see the complete script and gave some advice if needed,that's why lee jin was super busy with it.Days,then weeks went by and the script was almost done.Lee jin was inside the theater room,no one was around,she was all alone,she usually like peace and be alone when she need to concentrate,that's the only way she can find eventuals errors and so on.


"...aigo,i am almost done"she was tired but nothing could make her more happy than working on a new recital.


Lee jin was finally done and in the end she fell asleep.When she woke up thanks to a phone call from song hye kyo.


"what is it?"she mumble while rubbing her eyes with the free hand.


"where you sleeping?"


"dae...why did you call me?"


"I went to your house after coming back,i wanted to help you but you wheren't home,so i called you,what are you still doing that you are not home yet"


"I just finished the script,i added somethings and so on,you can finally review it"


"Arasso,then come out of the classroom"


"hu?"


"i am near the university,quick get out of there"lee jin smile and take everything inside her bag,then run outside.On the corner of the room a few girls get out from hiding and look at her smiling like devils.


.......................


Outisde song hye kyo was waiting for her isnide the car of her manager.


"Wow!are you driving?!"


"Yes,i have to,in my next project i will most of the time use a car so i took a licence"


"And you didn't say anything?how mean!"


"shut up and come inside even tought i am in the car,just to let you know i am not min seo right now"she say calm and composed gosh how can she be so beautiful,lee jin look up so much to her,even tought it always seem like she is better in everything song hye kyo showed her time and time again that lee jin is jst like her a beautiful girl who have a passion hard to come by.Only these words are enough to make lee jin make her feel at ease and not on guard against her,most of all she never felt jealous of her friend,because song hye kyo acted just like a normal friends do.They fight when they do,laugh,joke around and study,everything just like normal people.Lee jin want to become a PD but song hye kyo never told her she will use connection with her and that0s something she appreciate,because lee jin have no intention of getting somethiing thanks to song hye kyo being famous,she want to be someone who can one day say she really did everything in her power and became someone big.She remember well all the struggle song hye kyo went trough when she just begun working and now look what she became,an actress know all around asia.


"Ya! are you coming or not?" lee jin smile and get inside then put on a fake angry expression.


"ya,what are you even doing at the university anyway like this?what if someone saw you? i tell you i have no fault in that case,you came here on your own"


"arasso,arasso,arasso,my responsability ok?now show me the script"


"Ok,park...o!in that park in  the corner,it's quiet at this time,no one is around"


"Arasso"song hye kyo stop the car and then take the scrpt that lee jin took out of her bag.


"here"lee jin smile happy and proud of herself.Song hye kyo is happy to see her like this,and can't help but smile.She take off the glasses and read the first chapter-


"what is this?"song hye kyo's expression change suddenlu making lee jin unsey.


"W-what,what is wrong?it can't be that bad,you usually only give advice i have-"


"It's not that"song hye kyo look at lee jin"is this really the script?"


"What do you mean? of course!"song hye kyo worried look at the script again and start to flip page after page,but everything was pure white pare with the same sentence


Stay away from song jong ki,this is ony a warning.Lee jin take the script from song hye kyo's hand and look herself,her face became scared in seconds.


"Song jong ki?what do i care about that guy! i can't care less!aish,what do i do?"


"What is this a drama?they must be his fans"


"What did i even did to deserve this?!aish.We3 should have already submitted the script to start the preparations,what do i do now?"


"...fans-!i know!"lee jin look at song hye kyo desperately.


"what?"


"...damn it,they think you are the girl he...have an interest with"


"But it'd not true!i don't like that person and he ignores me too the only girl i saw him talk to is y-"suddenly the realization hit lee jin.


"You"


"aish"song hye kyo sigh and put her hands on her temple.


"Damn it,it must have been because of that time.."


"Wait a minute"finally she remembers every word he said,she knew he was talking about song hye kyo,but from the girls point of view the beautiful girl is always the one a man would head his affection and interest and that was obviously her.They don't know who the real min seo is so of course they have no idea that she is song hye kyo,so they wouldn't bother with min seo but with lee jin.


"O! OTTOKKE...AISHISH! bad f...kaish! ya! what...why are people so crazy!"


"Sorry lee jin"


"What are you sorry for!it's not your fault! aisshi! it's that idiotic of a brainless guy! why the hell!"she scream like there is no tomorrow.


"Anyway,calm down"Song hye kyo was used to situations like this.When she was studying she heard in tv that she was that actor's lover and so on,no matter what,having a calm head is what is needed.


"How can i?!"


"then what will resolve you screaming?"lee jin was startled.


"Now.calm down and think,do you remember the script?"


"Of course i do,i spent almost a month rfeading it and what not"


"Ok,then let's go to my house and we will write it"


"We?"


"Of course,who else? also,damn it,use the computer and a usb copy please will you? in this time and age are you still going on about writing like this? and at school too?!"


"Ya!who the hell would think of people doing that to my work in the first place!"


"Lee jin...sigh you really..."


"...arasso,aish...you are right...aish"


.............


Song hye kyo lee jin went to her other apartment.Song hye kyo have another small apartment where she usually go to rest,because it's near the university and easier to reach when she isn't working,she also use it as a mean to have some peace of mind.They spent a few weeks trying to remember the script and making changes to it.In the end they made it quicker that they tought and even better than before.


"Sigh,finally we did it!"


"Save and make more copies,sorry but i have no intentions on doing this all over again"


"Neither do i,don't worry"song hye kyo get up and get lee jin a cup of orange juice why le she poured herself some water.


"Eat some biscuit"


"Yea"while she eat,lee jin then ask .


"But are the two of you together?i mean you and song jong ki"


"MPFFFF,COUGH,COUGH,COUGH"song hye kyo wipe .


"Ya you almost made me choke!cough.How can you even think about it?"


"What's so strange? i tought


"Those girls are first years and have no idea of what happened before"song hye kyo say calmly while crossing elegantly her legs.


"I see,gosh,kids these days"


"You seem like a granny lee jin"


"I am only saying that they are being stupid"


"I know"song hye kyo think back to everything that happened til now with song jong ki.The day that created all this mess she ignored him,because she was embarrassed and a little angry because he always destroy her peace,of course she can't avoid him forever,most of all since they will work together.


"Sigh..."song hye kyo scratch hard the back of her head


"By the way,why is he so interested in you?"


"Because he know i am song hye kyo-"


"WHAT?"song hye kyo jump from the surprise.


"YA!WHY ARE YOU SCREAMING LIKE THIS? i tought i was going to have a serious ingiury to my ears"she rub her years.


"Ya!how did it happen? is he blsck mailing you?!bastard-"


"Him?ah! as if! how can he even think to do something? who does he think he is-"o right,she forgot that he is a big shot as much as her,since he is the best and most misterious writer in korea.


"Aish...anyway,he isn't blackmailing me"


"What do you know?ya,he could have plotted it all along,what if the first years got the angst of it ans try to dig in your relationship with him and follow you around? I heard that kids these days are quite touched in the head!"


"...instead of a PD you whould become a writer,such a good imagination,waaa..."song hye kyo say as if to mock her.


"Ya! i am serious here!"


"Me too and belive me when i say he won't get any benefot from it" she said with a calm expression.


"Hu?what? benefit?"lee jin ask doubtful..."ya,do you pheraps like him?"she asked plainly


"...do you want to get a broken bone?do you?"


"I am right,you do,aigo"


"Ya! where did your brain go? how can i like him? are you out of your mind?"


"WEll i think between us,you are the most out of it,for a guy"


"It's not true!"


"Then why are you defending him like that?" 


"Because...!"because we have to work together and because i also know his secret and if he reveal my secret i would also do the same.Since just like me he want a peaceful life once in a while he won't my secret slip away!...aish,but i can't tell you anything.


"Sigh,ya,go home,go the hell back home"she urge lee jin.


"Hell no..."


The night went by with them fighting to get out information from song hye kyo that she wouldabsolutely not tell.When the next day came the two friends didn't sleep a wink.


"Sigh...i am tired,tonight i will need to go and work,aish,how much make up will they put on me this time?"song hye kyo mumbled in a bad mood.


"Tsk,then what about me?the most good looking girl in schoold is going to universiity with bag under her eyes."


"Is it my fault then?hu?"


"Then who fault it is?aish"


"...ya,get up it's late"song hye kyo give lee jin a kick and almost made her fall.When the two of them finally get up and eat their brakfast,song hye kyo bring lee jin home to take the things she need to university,then shong hye kyo went to her house again to get her make up done together with everything she needed to go to the university and then used the bus to go there.When the two girl arrived Lee jin walked with her head looking in front of her with a smiling expression to mantain apperance as a tought girl while talking to song hye kyo.


"PLease tell me hu?aren't we friends?"


"What do i need to tell you?we are not in a relationship and i don't like him"her words where full of character and determination,but she was totally in min seo character,with her head down as if she felt scared of the whole world.


"Aish,gigibeya!"


"Aish,instead of trying to find a guy for me?why don't you date one of the handsome boy here?hu?"


"They are all chiken,do t+you think i would like any of them?tsk none of them have have ambition"


"Tsk,ya in our club,david is quite handsome you know?"Lee jin suddenly stop...and look at song hye kyo in disbelife.


"Sesange...you like david then?aigo..."


"What?..."song hye kyo was speachless


"You really-"


"Who likes who?who is david?"


"HU!"the two of them jumped in fright,they turn around to see that in between their faces,there was song jong ki's face.


"Ya!you really...what do you think of doing?!killing us?!"Song jong ki didn't pay her any attention at all and just look at song hye kyo,who was trying to flee.


"Who is this david?"she stopped


"Where are you going anyway?"he ask her in his usual uninterest yet moking voice.


"Aish,these two will be my ruin"she turn around after preparing herself mentally and with her usual min seo scaredy cat act said.


"I am running from you two,can't you tell?"


"What?ya!what am i? we have been diapers friends!how can you be so hurtful to me!"song hye kyo,was taken aback and ashamed to no hand how can she say "diapers"at school!.


"shut up,lee jin!"


"Aigo,since back then?i am curious to see you wearing diapers,i bet you where cuter than now"


"You ert! she is my and mine alone arasso?!"song hye kyo started to get cold sweat running down her back,what's with these two chikens!


"Ya shut the hell up!"song hye kyo had enough and in the end she snapped.But later saw everyone look back at her,she wanted to chance schoold so bad and never see these two again.The only thing she did was this.


"Please can the two of you follow me?"she said touching her glasses and talking in a low voice as from min seo character but lee jin after a few seconds just said yes,as if she was following her idol,so she walked closer to her side.


"Shiro"song hye kyo heard the answer song jong ki gave her and looked at him with narrowed eyes,


"I said follow me"song jong ki put his hands in his pants pocket and smiled in challange.


"I won't,i want an answer first"song hye kyo had enough so she walked wuicly towards him till she was finally standing in fron of him.She looked up at his face making him a bit councious of her.Even of she was quite ugly at the moment as min seo.He can't stop thinking she is cute...cute? anya...when he was thinking deeply he suddenly felt his hand being grabbed,so his first reaction was to look at the hand and then back at her.Her eyes,focused only on him,those deep and beautiful eyes only had his reflection on them,her eyes where clear and mesmering,not to mention her determination.


"I said you need to follow me and you will"she turn around and pull him where she want him to go,not remembering that she was at schoold and under everyone stare.She passed between the students and they saw her again a different way.She didn0t seem the small and weack girl they knew at all,her eyes where beautiful and carried with her that calming feeling and power in them,rvryonr esd csptured by this.but this was cut short thanks to lee jin who separated them.


"Are you two going to declare to the whole word that you are dating?"she wispered to them,the pair looked around and became startled while song hye kyo was schoked and scared.She let his hand go in an instant and walked ahead with her head low.


...........


When they finally got back in the theater room and making sure that no one was inside it song hye kyo finally let her real self out.


"Ya! how can you say i am yours lee jin,i am mine and mine alone"


"You are mine"


"Ya!"


"I need to protect you"song hye kyo's eyes soften


"Lee jin,dea-"


"I need to protect you,my resource of happines,you sre the reason we alway get the point right with our recital right?"Song hye kyo almost choke in her saliva.


"YA!"jong ki try to refrain his laugh,while lee jin look at him angry


"Why are you laughing?anyway what the hell are you thinking of doing?"MY GOSH EVERYONE!SORRY I JUST HEARD THAT THEY ARE GETTING MARRIED FOR REAL AND I CAN'T CALM DOWN!!!IT0S NIGHT AND I AM CRAZY! FRIENDS THEY ARE REAL!WHAT DOD I DO? I CAN'T SLEEP!!!!!