chapter 5

will you recognize me?

CHAPTER 5


Song hye kyo is now with her friends of the club theater,after what happened the day when she helped them everyone in the club looked at her in a different way,they started to enjoy being with her and wanted to know her more,she of course was ok with it.When they asked to go outside and play even if she was a little worried in the end she went because she knows how to act.But one thing that she refused was a request some girls made to her.


They are in the coffee bar the always hang out together


"no,i am sorry"said song hye kyo


"wae?why not?you are pretty,it's just a group date,you will be able to know more people and maybe find the man of your life"


"mpfff,what?man of my life?i don't belive in such a things,also i am pretty?where?"


"please it's ok,you just have to learn how to use make up and you are surely pretty by the way,you can't refuse anyway,because i already told them you will come"said one of the girls.


"what?!ya!seriously how can you do that withouth my permission?"


"biane!but belive me it's going to be fun and anyway we are going to wear masks of song hye kyo so it will be fun!"how can they say those things to my very face?


"you can't say no,because i know you are coming to the party and in the middle of it we are going to stop and chat with some guys hu?"song hye kyo get up"where are you going?"they ask her


"outside,gosh how come you 3 are more and more like lee jin?i have to go home now bye"


SHK POV


That's right finally i have the day off and thanks to that i am going back home now and just rest,sigh...i can't stop thinking about that day, i am worried something will go wrong most of all because when i am just me or wear high heels i just end up walking as i should...i am used to them so i must try hard not to let them found me out...i am only going to wear my mask tought and my make up of min seo will remain,sigh aish.


Finally i am home and my manager calls me"aish,what is it?i have the day off"


"that's not it,i have somenthing to say"


"...then what are you waiting for?say it"


"you know,writer alpha sent a script to us"i felt my knees cruble"what?he did?"


"dae,it was quite interesting but i am not going to tell you anything,when you come tomorrow i will give it to you"


"o-ok"i hung up the phone"what the hell is he thinking?


Days passed and i forgot something but i just don't remember what,i was busy with the festival that our club must orginize and my schedule as actress song hye kyo,i wonder what it was,it's something important i know,but i forgot what it was about. The ball will be held tomorrow and i am here helping them,lee jin is always running around doing different things for the club so i have to do the rest here.


"so,what are you going to wear tomorrow min seo?"


"i don't know it yet,wae?"


"wae?did you forget that we have the group date tomorrow?"


"don't worry i know,but we will stop there with these things ok?"


"..."


"hu?"


"ya!you are always alone i just want to help you get a boyfriend!"


"...why whould you?i am grateful but i don't need one"


"what are you saying! everyone need someone to love and who care for her"


"not me,now get busy,if you want to be at the ball we have to finish everything today"


"ok"my friend say in an annoyed way


DAY OF THE BALL


"Hey is she here yet?"ask one of my friend to lee jin"not yet but she will come for sure"


"she better come,i already told everyone that she will come"


"where?"


"o gosh to the group date you refused!fortunately at least min seo will come"


"did she agree to it?"she asked in a curious way"no i just made her come because she couldn't refuse it"


"you!...GOOD JOB"


"and just what the hell are you two plotting behind my back?"everyone looked at the voice direction,shocked to see a beautiful lady wearing a white long dress,with long and black hair just like song hye kyo,high heels and when they looked at her face they saw song hye kyo


"song hye kyo?"everyone said"dae,i am wearing her mask but it's me"she take off the mask and show herself,it was min seo,who looked stunning"


"m-min seo?"


"dae,aish"she walks towards them but almost trip"aish,i can't get used to high heels,they really hurt"she say while touching her feet,lee jin go to her friend"hye kyo!gosh you are really almost like yourself!"


"i am not,my make up is made so that my being min seo would be seen"


"gosh but your feature as song hye kyo are there!"


"so what should i do?i can't really do anything more right?"


"m-min seo?are you really"said one of my friend"yes i am"she run to me and touch me everywhere"gosh what did you do?this dress is beautiful!"


"it's just rented,i will have to give it back tomorrow"


"but it's so similar to her style"


"really?good then"


"and this make up?"


"my mom's friend made my make up,she really did a good job,tough my face is still the same"


"gosh you are stunning,see that you can do it when you want?"


"fine so when is the ball?"


"it's about to start but we aren't going there now"


"what do you mean?"


"we are going to seat in those chairs around that table and wait for them"


"but who are these people by the way?"


"you will see"then all of a sudden i saw my friends's eyes become wide"they arrived! let's go!"


"what-"they pulled me over there and i saw a face i already know,yoo ah in,jong ki's friend


"hu?shouldn't you guys be five people?"said my friend


"dae but he will come soon"wispering i said to myself "don't tell me he is coming too?aish"


"who is this beautiful girl?"i turn around and that he is one of the guys who in the past usually made fun of min seo i was in my first year and he really said a lot of things to me,from then on he continued the last time was like 3 days ago,it really pissed me off.
With a smiling face i said"i am min seo"he was surprised for awhile"min seo?i heard that name somewhere"this is fun,just let me make you feel like an idiot,smiling i said"sure you did, you called my name a lot before,you also said i am an ugly , a crazy wench and that i stink when i carefully wash my self everyday"he was shocked and speachless like everyone else"o right it's because i have the mask on"i take my mask off and when he look at me he is shocked,paralized"do you recognize me now?"


"wow,i don't know what to say"


"you really said those things to her?"said one of my friends"i didn't know she was like this"


"like this how?"i asked"...beautiful"


"thanks"i said,but in the end his, are all empty words he only see me being all pretty now, not the real me,well i don't really care"apologize to her!"


but i stopped him when he tryed to apologize"...i am s-"


"don't say that,i don't really care,just the next time you better treat a girl better"i said still smiling"another girl would not have been this nice you know"regret it now?do you feel like an idiot?


"she got you"said a voice from behind me,it was jong ki"o,hi,you came finally"


"dae,i came"he said after looking at me"the guy from before than said"dae,she really took me by surprise"


"i was shocked, when you decided to come,you never said yes when i asked,but after knowing the girls where from the drama club you changed your mind"wow,wasn't he someone who told me he loved me?tsk,it was all an act i know it,yet i can't really stand him.
He looked at me and then said"it's because i have an interest in the drama club"tsk again,wait...is he talking about me?tsk,it can't be...no since it's him i have to take this option in consideration"


"ok then let's sit down" we did that,us girls on one side and the boys on the other.No particular order,i was in front of the stupid guy of before while jong ki was in front of one of my friends he never looked at me and neither i did


"so,i really am sorry i never tought you could be such a girl,i tend to be rude,i am sorry"he said in a fake way,i smiled and then said"yes,you tend to do that a lot,you should fix it you know?if you think girls like that type of guy you are wrong"


"but it seems like girls really do like me"he said smirking"mmm"i put my hand under my chin"i see,but not every girl"


"what about you?"


"should i be sincere?it's going to hurt"i said smiling"aigo,i know the first impression isn't one of the best but i am a pretty good guy you know?"


"i doubt it"his smile never went away,but i really wanted to shame him"to answer your question,what i think of you is this"while smiling i said"you are ugly,a crazy idiot and you also stink"everyone laughed at what i said and his smirk faded a little and then came back"wow,you tend to take grudges a lot"


"dae,i really do,i am sorry,o but you really are not my type"i said,all of a sudden someone asks me"then who is your type?"it was si jin,he finally looked at me with his serious and unpleasant face of his"none"


"what?you don't have a type in mind?"asked my friend"dae"


"wae?you are such a pretty girl"


"really?we have an exemple right here,when i was just min seo i was only regarded as a stinking girl when in fact it's not true,but now he seems eager to know me,i wonder why?"i said"i have no intention to date, not like someone will ever like me"


"what are you saying there are tons of guys,if you put some make up on and-"


"should i put make up on every day and make myself another person?then what is going to be between us?if he doesn't like how i really am,that's stupid right?men are all the same in my point of view"


"but not every guy is like that"said si jin looking at me with crossed arms"what?"i asked "you should know the guy before saying that right?even if at first he like you for your apperance later he would appreciate you more for what you are"my fake smile faded a little and as i always do when i am in these situations i can't help but be more as i usual am, a little cold and in fact withouth me noticing that,i already captured everyone's attention.I crossed my arms and relaxed myself "ahahah,not even you belive what you are saying right?"


"there is someone who is good enough"


"...o really?then tell me who is it?"he looked at me intensly making me skip a beat for a second"me"my heart still won't stop


" tsk,you "but i know that it's only anger what makes my heart beat so fast,nothing more"really?you are like this because i look like actress song hye kyo right?i don't know her a lot because i am busy,but for today's event i looked at her a little,do you people think that she is perfect? you only want to be her man or because she is beautiful and famous,isn't that the same?it's not that you really care for me but it's because of her,if she was just dressed as a normal girl none of you will find her out right?mmm...let's take me for exemple, you probably are now thinking why i said this and some of you may even make their imagination run wild and look in me her".


Everyone looked at me strangely and curious in a serious way"like if i am dressed as her and why i feel so similar to her,that's because i studied her. I did some research on her and i am also part of the drama club,i found this fun to do,yet i am not all that pleased either,in a way i pity her,because i am sure she had a lot of bad expirience,just like me.I am not a tool for someone who is bored and surely you are not someone that will make me change my mind song jong ki ssi."i then get up"girls i am sorry but i am leaving i think that lee jin need help or she would not be able to come and the enjoy the ball"


"crae"


"wait!-"the idiotic guy tried to come to me but song jong ki was faster and came to me"we need to talk"he said olding my wrist"let me go,i don't want to talk to you"


"but i have things to say,you should listen to people"


"it's my choice to listen or not,you are...no one to me,why should i listen to you"he looked a little sad"song h-"


"why don't you scream it since you are here"


"it's not what i meant really,i-"all of a sudden a guy came asking me for a dance and i accepted"dod you want to dance with me?"


"..."i looked at jong ki and then at the other guy again"sure"i smiled and finally started to dance,living jong ki there all alone.I danced for a few times and checked on him from time to time,then i saw some girls asking him for a dance,the next thing i saw was him with a girl, dancing,tsk...what do i care who he is dancing with. In the mean time i change partner as the music change when i suddenly saw him and his partner dancing beside me,i really hate him.I try not to look at song jong ki but my eyes still go to where he is,at one time our eyes met,it surprised me,i must admit it,more because of the way he looks at me.He seemed as if he only saw me in his eyes,but he still danced quite well with that girl and i really don't like that. For all the time he looked at me while dancing and i noticed he always came near,i wonder what he want to do?does he think that i will feel gealous?aigo,he surely is optimistic.My tought where stopped by the sudden change of the music and another guy wanted to dance but to my surprise jong ki took my hand.


"sorry,she is my dancing partner right now" i made an angry face "when was i-"i couldn't finish the talk,because he pulled me in his arms,i lost myself in his eyes for a moment then he said" i am sorry song hye kyo"he talked with tender yet sad eyes,what is he pulling off now? i stare at him in a bad way and then jong ki,takes my hand gently and hold it,while he put my other hand on his shoulder"w-what are you doing?"i ask really confused"let's talk" he answer.


"what?"he then bring his arm behind me holding my back,pulling me closer to him.The song they where playing was a slow one so now we are close,really close to each other,i can even feel his breath,but then i get my sense back and say"sorry?for what?"


he looks at me"you really hit me hard before"


"no i didn't,i am a pacifist"i said in a sarcastic way


"...i know that every words you said was directed at me"i smirked"glad that you know,so you also know what i meant"


"dae...you have every right to be mad,but i want to explain"


"tsk...what?that you said i kissed a lot of guys as if i was an easy girl? or that you said that you love me when i know for sure that you don't"i said while we kept on dancing,then the music stopped "finally i can get free from you"i said try to leave him behind but all of a sudden he take my hand and bring me away under the eyes of everyone.


He brought me on the terrance or the place where we held the ball"ya,let me go"


"not now"he said plainly,but i get furious and stop him"i said to let me go!" i finally was able to push him away"sigh...fine i will let you talk,after that i am not going to listen to you anymore,arasso?"i said angry


He looks at me finally"...sigh,first i am sorry for what i said,i didn't mean to say that you are an easy girl but that you already had a kiss and i was just wondering why where you so startled when i kissed you, but...after your talk in the theater club the other time i finally understood why you had that reaction,hence i am sorry. For when i told you that i love you..."we look in each other's eyes and in a way i am hoping that he was sincere albeit in the end i know he wasn't "i am sorry"tsk i knew it


"tsk,wh?y,i already knew you just did that,hoping that i would follow you around and you would be able to write again and not be bored too...but sorry i ruined your plan" i say in a sarcastic tone.


He nodded "that's right,i didn't love you" i felt like i was just hit hard in the face,i don't know why.


"of course,you only love the song hye kyo made by the media"


"i was always interested in you because you...where different from the other actresses,you always gave me the impression of being someone who is hard to get but in the end a part of me must have tought you wouldn't be as different,i am a good looking guy and the writer that you ammire maybe you would have given me everything i needed"


"tsk,so you tought till now that i was a pushover"


"...no comment"


"...what am i even talking with you about"i turn around to go away but he stops me"it was a joke,don't be like this"i look back at him and then say"do you think i am in the mood to joke right now?"i said seriously.


"right...sigh,yea in a way i wanted to use you,for myself,that's true"


"good!now you are finally sincere,a! right i bet you are going to say sorry again right? or something along that line,sorry but i have no time to liste bye"


"let me finish before going away can you?"he said pissed"what?how dare you,ya-"


"i know that i hurt you,i am not that good with people,i am like this. If it's for my own good i can do anything and more than anything for my stories,but lately i found myself being strange,i always looked at you,i am looking forward to see you and yes...at first it was fun,but now...i think i am relly interested in you"


"what?tsk,i can't belive it...you are interested in me?...you know that you are a jerk rigth?"


"i know"


"that you are a freaking bastard"


"i know"


"you are fast to admit things you know"i said really pissed"...i know"


"aaaa,you crazy bastard!this is another of your tactics, i must admit you are good with words"


"i am serious when i say that i am interested in you"


"you where interested before too,what's so different now that you are telling me this?"


"...because i want to find out,what this interest i have in you means" i was speachless,his face was showered with the moonlight and made him really handsome and i hated me for thinking that he is so good looking"cough,i have no intention on helping you to find out what is that about"


"i have a way tought"


"?"he suddenly hug me,tight"w-w-what are you doing?!"


"i am really pissed right now"


"what?i should be the one-"he tighten the grip"ya-"


"it pissed me off a lot seeing you dance with those guys,i know for a fact that you aren't my possession even so..."what is this now?it seems like a confession?


"..."i was speachless"even so why do i want you to be mine?"he broke the hug and look at me,my gosh he seem sincere!


"g-gosh,wa,you seem like an actor,you should change job,i almost belived you where confessing for real"


"..."he remained silent when he receive a call"yobuseyo?dae,arasso,i am coming"


"i have to go,something urgent came up,we will continue what we where talking about tomorrow,bye"he then walk away,but then he suddenly stops turn around and say"for today stop dancing with the other boys arasso?untill i figure out what i really feel about you"


"what?ya!conceited bastard! why should i do that!?aish"he just walked away saying"i will call you a lot so i can keep an eye on you!"


"see,if i answer!"then the conversation finished there.But the surprise that fate held for me the next day,was much more than i could imagine.