Chapter 16

will you recognize me?
CHAPTER 16
 
 
 
 
"Yes" hesitantly and with an awkaward smile lee jin give the phone to the PD.
 
 
"Here PD nim"
 
 
"O,kumawo"he happily take the phone.
 
 
"Yeobuseyo?is it miss min seo?" fow a few seconds he didn't hear anything,she waited on purpose and put him on speaker,so that song jong ki could ear.
 
 
"Y-yeonuseyo?..."the character of min seo is still this type of girl.The PD was a bit surprised
 
 
"Yes...i am m-min seo"she stattered.
 
 
"O are you really the girl from before?"
 
 
"I am wae?"she was panicky as if she did something wrong.She tried to make it so that he would descard her on his own but she didn't think that this would have made the PD even more interested.If such an insecure girl could trasform herself like that on the stage then she is a genious that need to be nurtured.He wanted her.
 
 
"O don't worry.Little girl,do you know the drama i am doing?"
 
 
 
"Y-yea i do" she answer with a low voice.
 
 
"Good"he was happy "i would like for you to take part of the drama"he was eager while song hyekyo could help but put her hand on her face,in defeat,while jong ki get up shaking his head.
 
 
"Hello?"song hye kyo calm herself down and once again act as min seo.
 
 
"I am sorry...but i can't"
 
 
"WAE?"he say suddenly.
 
 
"Well...i am not interested...also maybe you don't know,but i am not part of the drama clab as an actress,that's not what i am studing.Also, i wasn't pasrt of the group,i had no choice to participate because i was the only one who kne the line well,i had to take over for a sick friend."
 
 
"Ayo! It doesn't matter whatever you are studing or why you where on stage,the most important thing is that you have a great talent to become big,so i want to become one of my-"she suddenly cut him off taking him by surprise.
 
 
"I am leaving!"she say and song jong ki look at her with a qestioning look,she gesture to him that she had no choice,she is desperate.
 
 
"Really?When?Where?"
 
 
"O...far,far,faaaaaar away,i almost packed everything in a few days i am leaving with my parents,so i can't stay here"
 
 
"Aigom,cuenciana,i can talk to your parents and-"
 
 
"They don't want me to do that,also when i will go abroad maybe i would end up doing another kind of job from what i am studing"
 
 
"Ecxactly,so why don't you try to do the actress you where really good"
 
 
"I was only lucky because i have good memory"
 
 
"This is the second time good memory can't make you do such kind of performance"
 
 
"Sir...i am glad you think i did a good job but i a don't want to do a job iam not incline to do"
 
 
"If it's for your parents-"
 
 
"I only did a favor to my friends but to tell the truth doing the actress is something i don't want to do.It's a job that won't fit me,as for my emotions i saw my friends practing for so long i remembered what and how they did it or else i wouldn't be able to pull it trough.I really am thankful but i will say it again i am not interested,please ask someone else."she said it with a low and trembling voice.
 
 
"Are you sure?Song hye kyo is there are you not a fan?"
 
 
"I am"song jong ki was about to burst out laughing at this situation and she glared at him"
 
 
"See,then at least for her,i am sure you will like it,she is a really good person and will take care of you,she is a kind girl,seeing her will make you want to work and be like her and do your best,i am sure if you see her you will understand that you have talent.When i saw you to tell you the truth,i got the feeling i get from her,that's why i hope you would try this path with us"song jong ki couldn't take it anymore and had to go out of the terrance to laugh.
 
 
"Are you with someone?"
 
 
"Anyo!I mean there is no one just some students passed by here"
 
 
"I see...anyway are you still of that idea?"
 
 
"I still won't participate i am sorry,please respect my decision"
 
 
"...sigh,it's a pity...but i understand"she was surprised,she tought did i really convince him?.
 
 
"R-really?"
 
 
"Yes,i can't stay attached to you,the drama need to be filmed soon and you don't seem to be inclined.If i had more time i wouldn't let you escape and follow you till you would agree but...i can't waste time here.It's a pity but it ends here.But i just want to tell you,that you where amazing,if you ever change your mind i left your director my contact number,i will wait for you to change your mind"
 
 
"Sorry,it won't happenen"he laugh a bit.
 
 
"Sigh,it's impossible to convince you hu?.Ok,then i hope for you to have a good life,child."
 
 
"You too and thanks for your kind words."
 
 
"Sigh,really a pity.Bye"
 
 
"Bye"they closed the conversation and she stayed there for awhile,song jong ki looked at her sitting silent on a chair.
 
 
"What's wrong?what did he say?"she slowly look at him.
 
 
"He won't pursue me anymore"HEe was surprised too.
 
 
"O,really? how is it possible?"
 
 
"He have no time because the drama is near the corner but he said that if he had more time he would still have pursued me to convince min seo to be an actress"
 
 
"Wow...then finally you are free?" she nod her head and he smile widely.
 
 
"Yesss!"he kiss her deeply but then she hit him lightly.
 
 
"Let me change first!"she put on normal clothes,letting her hair loose.
 
 
"This time your are not looking away?"
 
 
"There is no need,you are mine anyway" she became complitely red and her eyes completly widen,seeing her reaction,song jong ki smile brightly and walk towards her hugging her from behind,kissing her neck and then her lisps.
 
 
----------------------------
 
 
BREAKING NEWS!BREAKING NEWS!!
 
 
The campus was in an approar.
 
 
"Wae? What happened?"lee jin was welcome in the early morning by one of the club members running inside the club room with the university paper.
 
 
"Here,look"
 
 
"Boya?"she take the paper not understanding the need to be so hiper.When she saw the paper she was schocked.
 
 
"What the heck?!"she knew that song hye kyo today wouldn't be able to come and as for song jong ki she have no idea if he is here,and frangly speaking she only cares about her friends and not him.
 
 
"Aish...it's all his fault!"
 
 
"Ya! Who wrote this ?!"
 
 
"I-it's kim wang lee"
 
 
"What?!that brat!"she run outside the room and see the walls of the entire university with big posters of them kissing,she couldn't belive it"This is crazy..."suddenly her phone ring,it's song hye kyo.
 
 
"Dear,i am coming to school,i am outside the gate"she panicked.
 
 
"What?but didn't you have a shooting today?"
 
 
"Yes,but i was called back,there are some problems it seems"
 
 
"O-o,arasso"
 
 
"What's wrong? something the matter?"
 
 
"well"lee jin hesitantly speak.
 
 
"Hey,how about you don't come for a few days?"
 
 
"Wae?something is wrong?"she ask,he tone suspicious.
 
 
"Well...where is song jong ki is he here today?"
 
 
"Yes,he should come today wae?"
 
 
"...arasso,wait there and hide!"
 
 
"WAe?,what's wrong?"
 
 
"Do as i say!"then lee jin close the phone,song hye kyo look at the phone not understanding what is her friend up to?.
 
 
"Boya?"
 
 
"Hi min seo"she turn around and see song jong ki,his part is still the one who is cold to her in public as they already decided to do so.That's why he only nod at her and then leave,the does the same touching her glasses and looking down,the with a distance betwenn him and her she walk toward the schoold,but then stops"
 
 
"O she told me to wait and hide...now i see why"
 
 
"It's her! It min seo!!"
 
 
"Song jong ki is there too!"everybody in the school are delirious,while song hye kyo think that all of this is because song jong ki is quite handsome she doesn't know the real reason,while she was looking at the scene song hye kyo stood there near the gate,suddenly she was pulled behind a three.
 
 
"Gasp!"
 
 
"SHHH!"it was lee jin,song hye kyo was really surprised.
 
 
"Ya!What the eck! you you scared me to death!"
 
 
"Sigh...i told you to hide,why did you hide?! And also don't talk so aloud!"
 
 
"WAe?"
 
 
"SHHH!"lee jin gestures ecsasperated song hye kyo so she sigh and calm down"
 
 
"Arasso,now tell me what is going on...why are you doing this?ish!"
 
 
"You-here,look here take a look"lee jin say pointing her finger at a poster in her hands.Song hye kyo grab it.
 
 
"Boya?-!"eyes wide open.
 
 
"See? did you see? this is you! you need to avoid-"
 
 
"What the heck are you saying?WHo can say it's me?"lee jin watch her with her sarcastic expression.
 
 
"AAA,so he is cheating?"
 
 
"That's not what i mean! I am the girl,but look,who can tell than she is me hu?The girl profil is quite good,the angle is good too,she is beautiful while min seo is not"lee jin pretend to laugh to her answer.
 
 
"Ah. ah. ah. Thanks for describing yourself song hye kyo"
 
 
"No problem friend"
 
 
"Ya!idiot! i am worried here and you have the time to jonke around? She is song hye kyo and song hye kyo is you.Who would ever think that she is song hye kyo here? So the reality of things is just this,the one in the picture is min seo and min seo is getting attention more and more"
 
 
"And i am asking you,who coulld say that the girl is min seo? Look the picture is beautiful and the light of the moon make us really a good pair of lovers.but our faces at least mine aren't so evident!There is just a pretty profile"
 
 
"Ya! Idiot! look at the clothes near the girl"she look closely at the place she is pointing at,this time she saw a problem.She look at lee jin as she nod at her.
 
 
"Sigh..."lee jin was prepared to say a few more words but then song hye kyo sight and fold the paper in her hands,she didn't seemed panicked and lee jin was confused.
 
 
"Aren't you worried? What's with that reaction'"
 
 
"I understand,so they probably know that min seo and song jong ki and i are a couple right?"
 
 
"Yes,so for now you better stay away from schoold and then-"
 
 
"And then what?"song hye kyo look at her with a sad smile that made lee jin get a shock"
 
 
"Should i hide and come back?How much?How much time should i wait so that they could forget about this?"lee jin was taken aback,she had no idea of what to answer.
 
 
"...That..."hye kyo smiled and became tenderly and looked down after sitting on the ground.
 
 
"You know i love my job right?I wanted it so much and i worked hard to get where i am today."
 
 
"I know"lee jin look at her.
 
 
"I love the people stare and love,how they search for me evry time,how much courage and strenght i get from people,my fans,i am genuinely happy about this,but..."lee jin for some reason feel sad too.
 
 
"But after i became succefull,i couldn't live a normal life anymore.Whataever i do,is always closely watched and every word i say can be misunderstood as long as an artcle comes out.I have to be careful if i meet a male friend because it will be my tomorrow boyfriend.If i am too friendly with the male lead he will be my future husband.What i wear can be said to be good or bad.As i have fans i have people who think of me as a or as an ugly witch"Seeing her friend saying those words with that kind of sad smile hurt lee jin's heart.
 
 
"You will think,"Hey that's the kind of work you wanted to do,you knew it all along so why are you like this now?" yes,that's true,i know but.Lee jin i am human too. As much as i love be with people i also want my privacy i think even as an entertainer i have that right.But for many people as lone as you are on tv,this right we don't have it anymore."her smile faded away.
 
 
"I want to walk around withouth the need of a bodyguard,i want to go to karaoke with my friends and do stupid things with them,but my image won't permit me to becaught being so strange.Sometimes,this make me feel like i am in a cage and i can't run away from it,no matter how much i ran from it."Then a few years ago,i read a book,it was about different identities,a persons that had a disorder,she was so obssessed with masks that before going out of her house always changed herself with a different one.One day she is a succefull career woman,another day,she is a famous actress and another day she is just a plain and ugly girl.It was really interesting and i didn't think about it too much till i found the latest identities,the actress and the ugly girl.In the end the protagonist was just someone who wanted to forget herself so she could live someone elses life.When i came to realize that in a way i am similar to her,as an actress i always wear a mask on and then i found myself thinking i want to be the ugly girl that everyone want to stay away from,.It may seem stupid but,i think of this as something that calm me down."
 
 
"..."
 
 
"Can you understand why i want to cherish mi seo so much?...lee jin?"lee jin nod with tears down her face.
 
 
"Mmm,this picture is quite i think i will make it framed and then take it in my room to stare at it every night before sleeping"this voice is familiar the two girls look around and see the boy come out from a bush.
 
 
"Song jong ki!"the two of them say together.He smile and walk beside song hye kyo,then sit down and look at her,carressing her head.
 
 
"Yes,i am"
 
 
"I diot! it's all your fault! I told you to take care of her and not to make her bexome the center of attention!"
 
 
"Sorry,but i don't think you have the right to tell me that,it's because of you that she got more attention as an actress and you know it too."
 
"..."she couldn't say anything because it's the truth but still she frowned.
 
 
"I was angry and worried she would get discovered,but i didn't go to you to say how much i hate you because she is always there to help you at that club,right?"he said seriously.
 
 
"Ya,jong ki,it wasn't her fault"song hye kyo try to make him stop.
 
 
"You! ya! what about you?She was bullied by your fan club"He frowned and this time she was the one to got it right.
 
 
"Ya,lee jin it wasn't jong ki's fault,stop saying such things about him." They where about to go at it once again,when suddenly someone called her name.
 
 
"Song hye kyo?"everyone turned around slowly,but not her.
 
 
"It's you right?"
 
 
"PD nim?"song jong ki said surprised.She look at jong ki ans then suddenly turn around only to see the PD of their drama.
 
 
"PD...nim?..."she looked at him in the eyes schoked.