chapter 8

will you recognize me?





CHAPTER 8


SHK POV


OK...what the hell does he mean? am i an idiot or what? could i really be hearing things?


"h-hey,wait did you just mean that you...that you feel something for me?" i ask curiously


"...that's...i said i am close to an answer,not that i already am" right,what was i expecting in the end?...i can't belive it,was i looking forward to his confession?! this is not possible!


"...sure,you are close to an answer?"


"that's what i told you" i take a piece of tomatoe.


"listen,what if i tell you the answer?"


"what?..."i look at him seriously and he seem surprised.


"this way i will help you save time"he then looked at me curious.


"say,i am listening"


"you just feel friendship for me"he look puzzled,i can see his disapppointement it's like he isn't pleased with my answer.


"friendship?"


"dae"i nod my head,but he suddenly became calm and cool,this time i am the surprised one.


"you know i forgot to tell you that i don't belive a man and a woman can be friends"


"wait...then...what are we?i tought you agreed on us being friends"


"i wanted to try if it's possible but lately i found out that's it's quite hard for it to be true. Being friends in the situation we are in is quite not the words for us,for our relationship"he said it in a way that made him seem so sure and as if he was just drinking water.


"...what relationship are we in then?"


He make himself confortable and then finally he open his mouth to speak.


"as i already said,i am trying to understand what i feel,so this is not a friendship feeling from my point of view,i was clear about it"it shoked me,i must admit it.That's true,he told me that already but i tought in the end he gave up on that idea...it seems like i was wrong. I am now looking at him in astonishment,then what he said,mean that...


"...are you saying...that you may be have ...different feelings for me?" i ask  uncertain. He looked at me for awhile without speaking,it was quite a hard time,i wait for his answer with anticipation and i was scared too.It's not love i am sure of this,but it's quite complicated what i feel about him...


"i think that's a possibility" i was quite startled,by his carefree way of saying something like this...i look down and start to cut a piece of meat.


"...i see..."


"are you satisfied?" i look at him and he is smiling,i smiled a little in return then returned to my plate.


"i was thinking of other people as my male lead"


"like who?...also you don't like bogum?"


"it's not that i don't like him,it's the other way around"


"then why?"


"...i want to act with other people,you know i have some actor i always wanted to work with...of course if bogum will be choosen i am sure i would like it too"


"then?why do you want other people? and who are they?"


"...i want someone more experienced,than me...like goo yoo,dong wook or kim wo bin"


"kim wo bin?you two already worked together"


"but he wasn't the leading man"


"but it's more than impossible to make him do a drama"


"i know but i can give him the script maybe he would like it?of course i would take the permissiom of the others"


"that's right...then we can give them these names...but you really know how to choose expensive people"


"i am a expensive woman too you know?"


"that's true" he smiles.


After we finished eating,i helped clear the table and wash the dishes,i asked him about some things about the script so he brought me to his office room.


"come,this way"


"ok"i follow his lead and we enter in a spacious room,full of awards,a table.On the table there is a computer and various books,near it,they are all open and there are some underlined sentences on each book.Curious i get closer and take one of the books.


"...what are these books?...are you pheraps reserching some informations for the book?" i look at him and jong ki smile at me.


"dae,you are smart song hye kyo"


"it's only natural for me to know,well everyone know that writer s before starting to write or even while writing they make reasearch,of course that depends on the type of story the writer will make."


"he smile and then take the book.


"that's right,for example the book you just took,is because of some scene there will be.As i told you there will be actions scenes,not to mention that they are all about martial skills,i will also need to know something about psycology,since i want the girl to know some basic things about it."


"wow i see...maybe since she is a cop,or because she wanted to be one,it's a must for her to know some ticks"


"exactly,sigh"


"what's wrong?"


"hu?"he look at the psycology book with a mix of expressions.


"nothing,it's just a little hard sometime,since i am not someone who studied it,i am doing a full course of it,i never studied so much in my life"


"...what the hell do you do in school?" he look at me a little strange.


"ya,i am one of the smartest guys in school,if nort the smartest one,i just need half the time of normal people to memorize somthing so i never had to study much,because i remember arasso" he seemed so full of himself when he clearly has difficulty with this.So i cross my arms and raise an eyebrow.


"really?then why it's so difficult for you to memories those therms,mrs genious?" he furrow his eyesbrows and then he answer back.


"it's because it's difficult and i have no insterest in this"


"then why are you trying to study it so much?"


"because i need it for the story!"


"then why don't you leave this part behind and go on with the story?"


"Ha! i need it, the story need it,i can't pull the story out of my brain if i don't take step by step in the direction i want it to go.That's why i need to know at least the basic of this subject or whatever you want to call it"


"...mpfff,is this an exam?ahahah"he look away and then pout.


"stop laughing,it's not fun"


"it is for me tought"


"aish,laugh then..."and i keep on laughing till my stomach hurt.


--------------------------------------


I have gone home quite happyly,i could know more about the script and now i can be more ease,since i am having less trouble on the jong ki's part.


"hye kyo ssi,this way"


"o,thanks,i am coming" i am now at the company,this is a really private meeting,since jong ki's hidentity must be left uknown.So there are just few people,that of course will let his face a secret,it's a bonus for them too,since jong ki as the misterious writer,always gained much attention,and it will be less exiting knowing the name of the writer so it's a win for tboth parties to let his identity a secret.Usually jong ki is like this when it comes to big productions,this is the only way to deal with the people who will be his counterpart in the project.


"good morning everyone"i greet everyone and then my eyes go do jong ki who smile at me and i smile at him too.


"this is the alpha writer,his real name is song jong ki"


"o,dae,nice to meet you,it's an honor to meet you" i smile tenderly,i am trying my best not to cut my own tongue after i said it's an honor to meet him...i am doomed.Still jong ki as a beautiful smile on,the one  i know it seem innocent yet buisness like,never saw him this way.


"take a seat,song hye kyo ssi. Near me it's an empty seat" i look at the chair and then at him.I smile again and then sit down.


"then,i will sit here,thanks"


"it's a pleasure to meet you in person"he smile at me and for a moment i really want to pull out his eyes...damn it,i feel like something is wrong here!. After we introduced the main party in the production,and listening to jong ki's way of portraying the story in a drama and kind of changes could be discussed when it's the time we started the talk about the leading man.


"so,for the leading man i was thinking of a manly guy,someone that has presence on the screen"


"well what about park bo gum?" jong ki start with his preference of course.


"park bo gum?...well he surely is manly when he is in character"


"that's right.That guy is a real talent,put a script in his heands and he will be fully immeresed in the character"


"...mmm that's true,he did quite an amazing job in moonlight drawn by clouds"


"correct"


"but just to be sure,how about we get someone again?more names? song hye kyo ssi,what do you think?anyone in mind?"


"i do.Goong yoon and lee dong wook,also kim wo bin,tough i don't know if he will accept at leat i want to try and let him see the script...what do you think?"


"wow! i neve tpught about those people and surely not to kim wo bin...do you think he would agree?"


"that,i don't know,we can try tought. But what do you think about the other two?"


"well they are surely good actors to,they are people that will get good chemistry with everyone they are paired with,so it's ok"


"we should choose also the second lead actor"said smiling jong ki.


"that's right!"he said


"if kim wo bin doesn't accept we can go for these two,what do you think?" said the other director.


"wow i never tought about it"i look at jong ki who didn't seem sad about the fact that park bo gum wasn't chosen he then looked at me and smiled.


"is there something on my face song hye kyo ssi?" i was taken aback but i get back my composure in an istant.


"no,everything is fine"i smile.


"aigo,you are really good together tought,sigh,if you where an actor writer-nim i would have cast you instead"i was speachless and jong ki...i don't know what kind of face he made,because i didn't look at him at all.


"aigo,sure that would be good,thanks for the compliment,tought the won't be a chance for us to be paired up together"i answered.After we finished talking and the meeting was over,me and jong ki were standing side by side few minutes of silence and i could feel someone staring at me...it was him the only person present.


"Can you please stop looking at me?i don't like it-"suddenly i feel his voice right in my ear,i could feel his breath.


"i also think we look good together?"


"ya!" i push him away.


"ahahah" he laugh softly.


"how dare you laugh?what the heck where you thinking?" he lean to the table and cross his arms,now we are face to face.


"i already told you,what i was thinking"i couldn't answer i just looked back at him fortunately my awkaward moment was broken by the call of lee jin.


"yeobuseyo?lee jin"


"wow!i just saw the news!you will take the lead in the drama written by writer alpha! ciuccae!you always wanted to work with him"


"wait,don't talk so loud" i was so embarrassed,jong ki wasn't distant from me and in the room we where the only one,of course the loud voice of lee jin would be heard by him.I was right,i just took a pick and he laughed right in my face,he was enjoing it.


"wae? you are a big fan of his right?"


"aish,cincia,cno!i will talk to you later bye"


"wait ,ciaccamman i need to tell-"


"..."after the call i regained my composure,for what i could at least and looked at him.


"i am going now...then-"


"so you are my fan and always looked forward to work with me" damn it,i can't stand this anym situation.


"cough,well that was before knowing you"i slowly turn around trying to escape,but jong ki take my arms and make me face him.


"aigo,so you are my fan...look at me hye kyo ssi" i try to look away.


"...it was a mistake on my part,i can never be your fan right?"


"i try to back down"


"i know you like my work,so you have some interest in me...friend?" he tease me.


"when you don't want to be friends" i say in a low voice.


"wae?you want to be something more?"


Eyes wide open


"tsk am i crazy?-"suddenly he get close o my face surprising me.


"...wae? everyone said we look good together"


"...t-this it's a matter of feelings,for each other"


"mmm,that's true" he finally let me go and i could breath a sight of relief.


"see you tomorrow, at school"he smile and then walk a few steps and then he stops turning to look at me.


"what? is there something else now? let me be will you?"


"come,i will take you home"he said seriously,but i have no intention staying in the same car with him not after what happened just now...at this point i really can't belive in friendshipt between a man and a woman,not if it's song jong ki!.


"no way!i have my mangaer waiting for me outside"


"really?then let me accompany you,we are going  out anyway"


"going out?...sigh,why are you putting it that way,it's as if we are going on a date!"


"if you want to go an a date then-"


"no! i just said it-stop here,i am going to run away from you today..." i put my hand to his face.


"just a little bifriend?"


"ahhhh,i am going crazy" i start to walk away and i can ear him laughing the heck out of him...shi-damn me-