chapter 6

will you recognize me?

CHAPTER 6


I am now in my agency talking with my manager


"song hye kyo did you read the script? they gave us the script such a long time ago"


"what script are you talking about?"


"o please you know it alredy"


"listen,i really don't know what you are talking about"


"song hye kyo,i gave it to you some time ago,you said you will look at it!"


"calm down and you know i was as busy as heck,all this time,i didn't even have the time to breath,how could i read a script?"


"but it was-sigh,let's stop it, this is usless. The script is from the writer alpha and they said that you will like it for sure"


What? did i hear the right thing?writer alpha?...that mean that jong ki sent me a script?,why?


"where is it?" i ask my manager


"the script i gave it to you already together with the others" that idiot really sent me a script?


"i forgot about it,i will read it now" i go to the pile of script


"what's the name of the script?" i ask my manager while i search in the pile i have on the table.


"her secret" he answer


"her secret?...o! found it" i sit down on the couch we have in my room,cross my legs and the start to read the script. While i read it,i start to find some kind of similarities to "my" secret.After realizing just where this is going,i stop reading it.


"that bastard" i say in a lower voice,but i really am unable to contain my anger and disappontment,what a stupid i am,thinking that maybe he,was being sincere when he apologized. Just in that moment my cell phone started to ring, i look at the caller and it was song jong ki.


"tsk,look who is calling" i answer the phone


"yebuseyo? song hye kyo?"


"...let's meet up right now"


"now? ok fine,but why?"


"i read the script...i need to talk to you"


"then...come to this cafe,it's usually a quite place, you can come just as you are"


"no,come to the place i tell you..." and so we decided to meet in a place i usually go,fortunately no one found out about it yet. It's a coffe that afriend of mine own, and when i need some peace of mind i go there,today i really need some peace so i hope that this time will be able to help me again.


30 minutes later,i have arrived at the meeting place and jong ki just arrived too. After taking a table,we sit down,we are now face to face and i am really angry.


"so,what do you want to talk about?" he say smiling,but i won't be fooled. I take the script and put it on the table


"about this...the script"


"o so you read it?"


"...of course i did"


"o really?do you like it?"


"not one bit" i answer and his smile fade away


"why?what's wrong?"


"this is about me right?...you really...found in my situation just a way to write another of your stories right?"


"no wait, i know what is about, just did you read it all? it's not what you think about"


"really?i think it means exacltly what it seems!" he look at me serious and then put his hands on the script"


"did you read everything?"


"do you think i wanted to read everything? of course not i stopped when i new what it was about-"


"idiot" he say to me,i can't belive it,he can even find the courage to insult me?


"ya!how-"


"this is not about your secret"


"o really?then what i read was all just my imagination?" i said in a sarcastic way.


"this is a mistery drama"


"...hu?"


"that's right,she had to conceal her identity, because people are after her life. Th heroine is from a family of cop,they left her all alone unfortunately,just one thing they gave to her before leaving her behind,and it was a little box. They asked her to protect it. The box contain a USB,there are all sort of informations about the mafia. She must find the people who their parents wanted to deliver the box. This drama has romance too. She will work together with a guy who fell for her,she doubt the guy at first and try to push him away as much as possible but in the end...the guy will take her heart...i think it's more like my story instead of yours"


"...o" that's the only thing i could say,i must seem really stupid right now. I take the glass of water in front of me and bring it to my lips and start to drink looking away. On the other end song jong ki put his two hands under his chin and smile brightly looking at me.


Smiling all happy he say"...you didn't read it at all" since i don't like loosing and want to have the last word in this,i put down the glass of water and look at him.


"i-i did read it...y-ya,it's your fault why did you have made her hide like that?"


"mpfff,what is this? are you trying to find a way out putting the blame on me,when you are the one who misunderstood?" i look at him and i feel like i can't keep on going on with this he already know anyway. So defeated,i cover my face with my hands.


"sigh,that's right...sorry i misunderstood" but then i remember what he said before


"by the way what do you mean by it's more like your story?" he smile and then say.


"well because i am in that situation,you know,there is this woman,that keep on popping in my mind no matter what i do. I try to get closer to her but she keep on pushing me away,that's why."


"you...how can you say such things like that" then i remembered about yesterday


"o,right,you are trying to understand if you have feelings for me right?" i said plainly,because i know that he just isn't interested at all "you know jong ki ssi,everytime i talk to you,i feel like a lab rat,i can't really feel at ease with you"


"wae? what did i do so wrong?"


"well i am afraid that everything i say to you today,tomorrow will be part of a drama or a movie"


"aren't you glad? there are people that are happy when their life are taken as  exemple for a script" he asked curious


"well sorry,i am a really private person"


"aaa,i see,so that's how is it" he take then a sip of his coffee


"by the way,it's not fair you know?"


"what's not fair?" he asked


"you know so much about me but i don't know anything about you,don't you think this is not good?"


"well,then what do you want to know?"


"for start,why don't you never show yourself as a writer?"


"well that's because i am a private person too" he answer while he keeps on drinking his coffe till he finally finish it.


Since i am tired of sitting down i make a proposition to jong ki ssi.


"song jong ki,how about we walk a little?"


"won't that be a problem for you?"


"don't worry about that i have my make up in the bag"


"min seo?mmm,can't we just stay here? i want to see the real you,not the fake you" the way he said that,made feel strange, i feel like he is telling the truth


"...cough,but i want to walk and play"


i drink my last sip of water"...hey,are you...asking me for a date?" and almost choke while drinking it


"mcough,cough,cough,what,pant,pant,pant-what are you talking about?" i say with a lower voice,since my throat hurt too.


"omo,are you okay?" he come beside me,patting gently my back


"i am fine now,cough" i look up to him,we are really closeand jong ki is seriosuly worried for me.From this close distance,i can see just how handsome this guy is.While i was looking, our eyes met...i couldn't speak,my heart started to beat again,i just don't know what to think about,what is going on,why this heart of mine is being so bad?.


"i am ok now,you can go back to your seat now"


"ok,then..." he get up and goes to his part of the table and sit down.


"sorry,it was just a question,i think i startled you too much".


"...jong ki...can i ask you something?"


"sure,ask"


"...have you ever had a girlfriend?"


"..."he looke at me in silence,without speaking at all and i am starting to feel like an idiot,it's embarrassing.


"d-don't misunderstand me,it's just,that what you write,the romance is so belivable. The female characters you write are always so well made and,the feelings are so...real,so i wonder if you had some kind of expiriences"


"...i never dated before" after earing that i was a little bit relieved


"o,i see..."but then i look at him suspiciously "i don't really belive you,you seem so skilled in kissing,how can you never have dated before?"


"you still remeber our kiss?" i was startled,i realized just what i said to him


"well,it was my kiss,i mean a real one,do you think i would be able to forget it?"


"it was the first for me too..." i became curious


"really?" he nods


"i had some crush when i was little,but i was really young,but had no actual expirinces. When i became older and started to write in the end i just looked around me,a good writer must be good at observing and that's what i usually do. I get out a lot to walk and look at people,how they react in certain situations and why,girls became the last of my problems,i became uninterested. For the female parts i got some help"


"someone helped you?who?"


"my sisters,i have 3,strong, week and cute? while they talk with friends about theyr boyfriend,or if they like someone or even if they breack up,i always watch them and go on from there"


"wow,i see,do you have a good relationship with them?"


"dae, we have,they say i am a sweet oppa"


"...mpfff,ahahahah"


"mpfff,why are you laughing?" he started to laugh too


"what about you?why are you laughng?ahahah"


"ahahah,because you are making me laugh"


"no,it's just ah my poor stomach,aigoo...sweet oppa,they call you like that?seriously?" i say while wiping away my tears.


"they do,they think i am sweet...maybe because i always coock sweets?"


"what?!sweets?you can cook?"


"well yes,i leave alone you know?"


"wow,can you cook something else?i am not really good,i can make only simple dishes" he smiles


"if you want i can teach you"


"really?i won't pay for the lessons"


"mpfff, don't worry...finally you smiled at me" he said startlying me "i was really worried i would never be able to see that smile again...thanks for smiling"


"at first i tought you were a jerk you know? and i was right" i


"ya"


"i was really hurt by what you said"i was serious while saying this and he became sad


"i am sorry"


"it's okay,i forgive you"


"how about the drama? will you do it?"


"..."embarrassed i look a the script he smile and go at it again


"ok,i will work with you"


"good,do you like this story? you like strong characters"


"dae,i like it"


Like this i finally was able to clarify what happened between us,i accepted to act in his drama and now,we will stay together a lot keeping each other secret,not letting people find out, about our little yet simple world.