Chapter 9

My Private Tutor

 

Friends without benefits

LAST CHAPTER:
“If you don’t, then I’ll do it myself. I don’t care if it’s painful, I can take pain. I’ve learned to live with pain.” I smirked. I didn’t know why I suddenly wanted to die. A good guess might be that Aaron suddenly gave my life meaning, and then took it all away. I had lost sight of myself. I had dreamt too far.
“I’d prefer you to do it yourself, then, ‘cause that wouldn’t get me charged.”
***
“And I still do expect you to be my date at Show’s party. If you kill yourself before, I’ll hurt your little friend, Aaron Yan.” And with those words he left. I sighed.
“Danson…” I said, and looked him in the eyes. He had shaved, and gotten a haircut. He had gotten handsome again.
“Yes, Wu Ying Jie? Oh, and I’d prefer that you called me master.” He smirked.
“You know, once upon a time I truly liked you. You never noticed me, and I didn’t dare to confess to you. I thought that I was fated to be sad. If you hadn’t ignored me back then, I wouldn’t have found real meaning to my life. Thank you, Danson…” I smiled sincerely. I felt as weak as I did back when I liked him. I looked into his eyes. I was so close to my original goal…
“What happened to master?” he laughed, smirking.
“Oh, I’m not into role-playing.” I laughed. Danson looked at me.
“You know, back then I thought you liked that Qiu Sheng Yi-guy, so I started dating Mel… And I fell deeply in love with her” – fresh tears appeared in my eyes” – “and when I started loving her truly, she just died.” He sighed, and looked at me with a blaming face.
“She was the one who drove the car. She planned to drive into the tree a long time before. She told me, but I couldn’t do anything… I just couldn’t” I cried, and for some reason, Danson decided to comfort me. He embraced warmly.
“Don’t worry about it, I won’t blame you…” he said, with his deep, perfect voice. The door opened from behind, but I didn’t care. Being embraced by Danson was like being embraced by my father; it made me feel like no one could do anything to me.
“Gui Gui, I forgot my…” it was Aaron. I immediately pulled away from Danson, and looked at Aaron in a fierce way. “What is HE doing here?”
Didn’t I tell you to leave, and said that I wasn’t a good girl?” I smiled at Aaron. “I and Danson are FINALLY together. Hurray! Please give us your blessings.”
“I won’t, ‘cause you’re my friend, and I don’t want you to date Danson Tang.” Aaron refused. I felt powerful. MUHAHAHAHAHA!
“Gui Gui, I have to talk to you. Do you have sec?” Aaron asked, looking at me in a sincere way…
“Sure, I have tons of secs...”-I realized that it sounded wrong, and I decided to make it sound like it was on purpose – “but not with you.” Danson laughed. I felt stupid.
“I… I think I may be leaving… I just need my… You know…” Aaron left.

Selina, Hebe, Ella and I were sitting at a café. We had decided to order smoothies, but unfortunately, they only had two flavors that day. Blackberry and Mystery. We all ordered the mystery one, after getting assured that it wasn’t more than 20 percent fats. That meant a lot.
“Aaron seemed really down yesterday… I wonder what’s going on” Hebe said, looking wondering.
“Maybe he’s stressed because of school? You know how the teachers are always picking on him…”
“It was more than that, he looked like he was about to cry a lot of times… I just can’t figure out why.” Hebe looked jealous.
“Maybe he’s cheating on you, and feeling bad about?” Selina tried.
“He doesn’t have the time to cheat, all he does is to be with me, and give lessons to… Oh my god, I can’t believe I didn’t guess it before!” Hebe looked cruelly for a second. “Gui Gui, has Aaron actually been at EVERY lesson he was supposed to give you?” she asked. I sighed. She hadn’t figured it out.
“Well… Yesterday he left, because I angered him… As you know, me and Aaron have been pretty good friends for a while, and when I told him that I was bringing Danson for Show’s party, he was all upset… Then he left. Do you think that means anything?” I asked them, and looked at them with my best puppy dog eyes.
“Of course it does, Gui Gui… He’s all sad because he’s afraid of how Show will react, when he sees Danson again…” I didn’t hear anymore. I suddenly fainted.

“Wu Ying Jie?! WU YING JIE?! ARE YOU ALIVE?” I heard a well-known voice ask.
“Am I in heaven?” I ask, dreamingly.
“No, you’re in the hospital… Hebe called the ambulance, you fainted! The doctors said that your emotions were stressed, and that it caused you to break down mentally… Such a big break down could’ve been dangerous for you. You’re lucky, you know” Aaron said, and squeezed my nose.
“Well, I don’t feel very lucky; you’re here” I stared him down. He sighed.
“Gui Gui, can’t we be friends?” he asked. I rolled my eyes.
“Aaron, friends don’t just kiss friends. That’s called being friends with benefits, and I’m not into that kind of stuff.” I smiled. “Plus… I have a boyfriend.”
“Well, then let’s just me normal friends…”
“Do you think that we can ever be normal friends, after that incident yesterday? I think not… But if you’re able to forget, then we’ll be friends again” I smiled. Hopefully, he would choose to forget.
“What incident? I don’t quite seem to remember…” Aaron chuckled. This was why I liked him so much. He could always make me smile.
“That’s how it should sound, pal…” I laughed. He smiled at me. I felt the warmth grow inside of me. Me and Aaron were together… Friends again. Just friends again.

I was in drama class. I and Selina had drama class together. Selina was the one of the girl, who I got mostly along with. She seemed nice and simple, and I realized that Hebe must’ve handpicked her because of her looks. I smirked.
“And know, write a short scene in groups of five, about the topic bullying. You have ten minutes until your perfomence. The time starts now.” My group consisted of Selina, someone named Angela, Show, Chun and of course, me. We immediately started writing, and before we knew it, the ten minutes were long gone. Of course we had to start performing.
I was walking through the room, alone. The rest of the group was standing in front of the rest of the class.
“I’ve heard she slept with Carl…” Selina said aloud, and looked at me like I was icky. I walked past them like I was invisible. At least my role thought so.
“Oh my god, little...” – Angela held a short break, to indicate that she was supposed to say a swear word – “anyways. Isn’t it enough that you’re dirty yourself? Did you have to make Carl dirty too?” she asked, looking blaming at me. I liked to act. It made me feel safe.
“Uhm… I’m… I’m sorry…”
“You bet you’re sorry! But sorry isn’t enough, is it, ?” Selina asked. I secretly smiled. Selina was good at asking.
“I… I didn’t mean to hurt anyone!” I had fake tears in my eyes.
“Well, that’s too late now, .” Chun’s part said. It was weird being in the same play as him, as we were family. The others now looked at Show. It was his role that was named Carl.
“Get away, loser! You’re like, all infected by that little now… I can almost smell her cheap perfume on you when I look at you” Selina’s role said.
“Why are you guys so mean to her, always?! What has she ever done to you?! She’s actually quite nice, if you get to know her.” ‘Carl’ said.
“I don’t care, she’s ugly, she’s a , and she sleeps her way to the top. How could we NOT hate her? She’s a bastard, who doesn’t even know her own father. That’s plainly disgusting!” Selina’s part yelled. The sketch was done, and we hugged each other. The teacher was impressed.
“Pretty good acting. You should consider auditioning for the school play… It’s a musical, though…”

***
PREVIEW:
I was terrified. I hadn’t done extremely well on any of my tests of essays since I had started at the school, and now there were going to be parent-teacher conversations? And what was with my mom, flying all the way from Taiwan, just to participate?
-
“Gui Gui?”
“Yes?” I looked at his sparkling eyes.
“I think I may like you.”

***
BIG ANOUNCEMENT!
I’m having the competition. The person who first guesses how Gui Gui’s parent-teacher conversations goes, gets to be a part of my story, as the date of: Chun, Jiro, Calvin or Wang Zi, at Show’s birthday. All you have to do, is it write your guess in the comment box, and fill out this form:

Name:
Looks (picture or description):
Personality:
Favorite guy (of the four mentioned above):

***
Heey guys (:
Another update *yaay*
Lols, parent-teacher’s conversations in the next chapter xD
I hate those xD
Anyways, I hope you like this chapter (:
My crazy friend made a fan page for me on facebook… Feel free to join (;
http://www.facebook.com/pages/MLIA/139402988208?ref=ts&v=wall#!/pages/Gril4Life-Winglin/309536829116?ref=ts
And if you want to, follow me on twitter (I’m Gril4Life xD).
And thanks for all the sweet comments (:
I loved those (:
Please comment as nicely at this chappie (;
I should probably do my way-over-the-deadline math assignment xD

-Gril4Life