Chapter 7

My Private Tutor

 

Drunken kisses

I got out of the cab. I felt really tired, and suddenly had a headache. It almost felt like my brain was going to explode. My throat also felt sore, but I didn’t think about it. I walked into the hotel lobby, in a nervous way, as I was expecting that someone would put a bag on my head and kidnap me.
Someone poked my shoulder. I almost jumped half a meter up in the air.
“Wu Ying Jie?” a male voice said. I turned around, and saw the most un-handsome guy ever. I almost stepped back, when I realized that I had seen his face before. Together with my sister’s. At my old school.
“Oh my gosh… Why are you here? You’ve changed quite a lot…” I was going to finish the sentence with ‘for the worse,’ but I figured that it would be a bad idea.
“You too, Wu Ying Jie… You actually look kind of like Melanie, when I look at you now.”
“You wouldn’t think that if you saw her after you left. She started looking, and acting like our father.” I pointed out. I hated being compared to my sister.
“I know that, I’ve seen pictures. Come, let’s have something to eat.” He said. It surprised me a lot, and my stomach didn’t feel well.
“Sure… But I probably won’t be eating a lot; I’m suddenly feeling sick.” I said, and touched my forehead slightly, to give it a more dramatic effect.
“Okay, then… Let’s discuss this matter in my room.” He said. He suddenly looked erted, and I didn’t want to be alone with him.
“Can’t we have a cup of tea instead? My throat is sore, and it really needs something warm…” I complained. I was good at playing on being a girl. It was the only thing I had learned from my sister.
“I’m not really into tea, though… We can go to my room, and I can make you some hot chocolate. Melanie mentioned your addiction to hot chocolate many times.” He laughed.
“Well, you don’t seem much updated… I’ve been on a diet for the last four years. In the start I was trying to get this guy, but he seemed WAY too blinded by my dear sister. I can’t blame him, though. Everyone has always been blinded by her. No one ever noticed how manipulative she was.” I said and yawned. Danson suddenly looked angry.
“You know what? When Genie left me, and I looked just like I do now, Melanie didn’t think twice about dating me. She made me want to look good.” Danson said, and looked serious.
“Oh, I see. It’s funny, a guy once made me want to look good, but he never even looked at me. I liked him when he was a loner. I liked him when he was unshaved and ugly. I liked him when he was handsome, and when he was with someone else. But I stopped liking him when I realized how pathetic I was. I could control everyone I would at the school. Therefore I chose to date a guy more… suitable for me.” I smirked. Danson looked baffled.
“Of course your change didn’t make that guy like you. You acted like a stuck-up . The whole school hated you… Well, you and your little crew” he smirked back.
“Danson, why did you call me?” I finally asked.
“Oh, yeah, I just wanted to tell you that your whole school will know the truth about Melanie’s death. And about you and Aaron. I want everyone to know what kind of person you are; I want to warn them.” He stared me down.
“Okay. But just one question: do YOU know the truth about Melanie and dad’s death? I’m the only survivor from the accident. I’m the only one who knows the truth.” I questioned that he knew what had happened. I wasn’t gonna tell him the truth though, ‘cause I had promised someone not to.
“You’re the one who killed her…”
He didn’t get to finish the sentence; I had already left.

The next day, in the cafeteria, the whole school was going crazy about an anonymous announcement.
“I’ve heard that she killed her own sister…”
“She’s totally having an affair with Aaron Yan”
Hebe, Selina, Ella and I were waiting for the guys. We were going to discuss what to do about this matter. If it hadn’t involved Aaron, I would’ve been kicked out of the clique, but now Hebe needed me; I had to be the one denying it.
“Heey girls, what’s up?” Show asked. He wasn’t with a girl; this was a rare occasion. Instead, he was with Jiro and Calvin. I looked sad on purpose.
“My sister’s ex boyfriend hates me, and now he has started this horrible rumor about me, to get revenge about me rejecting him.” I lied. Jiro looked thoughtful.
“What’s his name?” he asked.
“Danson Tang…” I answered. Show, Jiro and Calvin looked at each other in a weird way.
“Isn’t that…”
“It is.” Jiro looked away.
“What is it?” I questioned. Jiro sighed.
“Danson graduated from here one year ago. He was a legendary playboy… And my best friend. At least until he stole this girl from me, whom I actually loved.” Jiro sighed. “He’s an .” He added.
“Who’s an ?” I heard Chun ask behind us. Him and Aaron were coming together. Hebe nodded my way. We had already made a plan. Hebe kissed Aaron on the cheek.
“Hello, love” she smiled happily. I smiled too.
“Hi Bee…” Aaron said unenthusiastically, and then he looked at me.
“Hey Gui, are you okay? I’ve heard so many terrible rumors about you today.” Aaron looked sincere. This was not a part of the plan.
“Wait, there’s more than two?” I asked him, and looked sad.
“Well, yeah… There’s the two big ones, and then there’s little ones… It’s funny, people are saying that you used to like Danson Tang, and that you’ve been a chubby tomboy.” He’s eyes suddenly lightened up. “But I have good news too; I’ve corrected your math homework, and you’re improving.”
I was about to give up. How could Danson be this evil? He used to seem nice.
I could feel my eyes slowly getting wet. It was a long time ago, since I had felt like this. It was a long time since I had been broken.
I could feel new, warm tears slowly run down my cheeks, to dry out and make my skin feel tight at the exact spot. I was exposing weakness. I hated weakness.
“Aww, Gui… Don’t cry, that stupid player is gonna pay for this, I promise” Selina smiled. Hebe stared her down, but then patted my back gently, in a comforting way.

In the night, Hebe, Selina, Ella, Aaron and I were meeting in the piano room. Ella had brought a lot of alchohol, Hebe had brought a few fat-free snacks, Selina had brought hair products, and I had brought makeup. Aaron was only there for my sake… Or… He was there to see if I was okay.
Ella started creating different drinks, while Hebe was doing Selina’s hair. Me and Aaron were chatting, while drinking beer.
“I’d like to see Danson joining Rainie in Japan, at her school’s brother-school” I laughed. Ella gave me a drink, and I emptied it without hesitation.
“No, wait… He should join her school, and walk around in a female uniform!” I laughed even higher. I my bottle of beer.
“Cheers!” I yelled. We toasted, and continued speaking.
“That’d be highly disturbing. I’d rather be blind than see Danson in women’s clothing.” Aaron flashed a perfect smile.
“You’re probably right. And especially now. I don’t think that he has showered for weeks… He looks like a hobo” I rolled my eyes, and emptied the beer.
“He probably got dumped by his new girlfriend… Rumors have it that he started to date someone named… Oh god, what was her name again?” Ella asked, looking at Selina.
“Genie Zhou.” She answered.
“He dated Genie again?! Oh my gosh, why would he? She’s dumped him once before…. He was ugly for months after, but my friend didn’t care, she was just blindly chasing him. Then he started dating her sister.” I yawned. I was now at my sixth bottle of beer, and I was feeling more than dizzy.
“Hebe, I’ll carry Ying Jie back to her room, she shouldn’t walk down the stairs by herself… she would just fall” Aaron said. Hebe nodded, and Aaron started carrying me.
“Aaron, why are you so worried about me?” I asked him.
“Of course I’m worried about you, silly. We’re friends. I care about you.” Aaron answered, without hesitation.
“Then why did you hug me?” I asked him.
“Because you needed comfort.” Aaron answered me, calmly. We reached me and Hebe’s room, and he laid me down on my bed. I sat up instantly.
“I don’t want to sleep.” I said, in a very childish way.
“Why not? Sleeping is good for you. If you don’t sleep, you will get sick.” Aaron said, and kissed my forehead.
“Because I’m afraid that you’ll forget what you just told me, and just leave me without hesitation.” I looked sad.
“Silly girl… I’ll never leave you.” Aaron said.
“Prove it!”
“I…” he sighed, and kissed me gently on the lips. Then he pulled back, and looked at me.
“Now get some sleep… You’ll have a bad headache tomorrow.” Aaron kissed both of my cheeks, and walked away. I was truly happy. What I didn’t know was, that something would ruin my happiness very soon.

***
Hiii guys (:
Sorry, sorry, sorry
I haven't updated in way too long *feeling bad*
I've been all sick, and busy, and down, and tired...
I cannot wait to go on a school trip in March to get away from everything - seriously...
I haven't been away from home since my mother died, and I'm tired of the inside of my room...
Anyways, thanks for all the sweet comments (:
Please comment again, it would make me very happy
-Gril4Life