Chapter 2

My Private Tutor

 

Scary schools and old relations

Chapter two
Alone in the world

I had just arrived to my new school. It almost looked like an old fairytale castle. It was big, and scary. I looked at my school uniform, which was the ugliest thing I had ever seen. A white shirt, a grey vest, a grey skirt that reached my knees, a grey tie, black tights, knee-high grey socks and this awful black jacket with an emblem on it. I looked at the people who walked around. It was obviously the same system as my old school. Jocks were at the basketball court playing basket, geeks sat at a table and studied, pranksters where putting ‘kick me’ notes at people’s backs, players where sitting with random bimbo girls, emo/Goth people where sitting together and complaining about life (or whatever they do), wannabees where walking around looking like people from idol dramas and a random girl was sitting by herself reading twilight. It only had one missing thing; popular/preppy people, who was obviously the ones I was going to hang out with. Suddenly people started whispering. I turned around. Three girls were walking like they owned the place. I looked at the girl reading Twilight.
“Who are they?” I asked, though I already knew.
“Oh, those girls… they’re the school celebrities. The one with the long curly hair” – she pointed at a girl with long curly hair, a fair skin tone, a pretty face and a good taste in clothes. She was wearing her school uniform in a way that made it look good; she used her tie as a bow in her hair and her vest was open. Her shirt was hanging outside her skirt so it looked short. She was wearing black stilettos. – “that’s Selina Ren. Her daddy owns a huge company in the states, so she’s totally rich. She’s not very bright, but that doesn’t matter, cause her current boyfriend does all of her homework.” The girl said.
“What about the other ones, then?” I asked.
“The bubbly-looking girl with the short hair” – she pointed at a short-haired girl. She had highlights, and wore neutral makeup. She was wearing shorts instead of her uniform skirt. She didn’t wear a vest at all. – “That’s Ella Chen. She actually isn’t a tomboy, but she likes standing out. She has the best voice in the whole school, and is the third prettiest… Selina is number two in that list. She used to date a senior named Jerry, but after he stopped at the school it faded. Rumor has it that she’s targeting a guy named Chun, who’s like, really handsome.” The girl said and smiled brightly.
“And then I guess that the last one is the queen bee?” I asked and looked at the last girl. Her hair almost reached her shoulders, and was styled in a cute, almost messy way. She had pretty face, and was if possible the skinniest girl I had ever seen. Her skirt was cut so it reached the middle at her thigh, and instead of the black uniform tights she was wearing gold colored leggings. She didn’t where a jacket, and her shirt was short-sleeved. She was wearing high-heeled leather boots.
“Yes. Hebe Tian, the most popular, but also most arrogant girl you’ll ever meet. She’s to explain it simply, a . She has this really handsome and popular boyfriend named Aaron Yan, and…” she started, but I cut her off.
“Aaron Yan? That’s the name of my tutor…” I said and thought for a while.
“Oh my god, you have to keep it away from Hebe… Please promise me to do so. It’s about your safety” she said. “I’m Joanne by the way” she added.
“I’m Gui Gui” I said and smiled. This wasn’t my usual behavior, but I had to get a clique for until I got offered to join the popularity-clique. I was still a new face.
“Hey new girl” I heard someone say behind me. I turned around and saw a pretty handsome face. He smiled charmingly at me. Maybe he should be my new boyfriend?
“Show give it up, Gui Gui isn’t THAT type of girl” Joanne said and rolled her eyes. The guy walked away. I looked at Joanne in an asking way.
“He’s a player, he would either cheat on you or dump you after a week” Joanne explained.
“Well, my ex boyfriend used me for popularity, cheated on me, and I seem fine, don’t I?” I asked her laughing. My cell phone rang, and of course I answered it.
“Gui, it’s us!” I heard Xiao Xun, Tong Tong, Candice and Apple say at the same time. I figured that I was on loudspeaker.
“What time is it in Taiwan?” I asked them.
“It’s evening… But now to the interesting news. Xiao Xun got a haircut!” Candice said, and sounded excited.
“Really?” I asked smiling.
“Yeah, at my hairstylist!” Tong Tong said and sounded happy. I wondered why she didn’t use the hairstylist I had recommended her, but then on the other hand, Tong Tong was the new queen bee.
“That’s like, great! Congrats, Xun! How does it look?” I asked. When I talked to the girls I suddenly understood how much I missed the popularity game. Being in this school would make me start completely over. I even had to be considered!
“It looks fantastic!” Ya Tou said.
“So, have you talked to the rulers of your new school yet?” Candice asked. Though I chose Tong Tong as the new queen bee Candice was the one with the most potential. She was always spot on.
“Well, I’ve seen them and… I’m already missing Taiwan.” I said.
“Are they that cool? Oh my god…” Apple said.
“Oh, Gui… That Rainie girl has moved to Japan, by the way, and Alien is now eating with the drama-losers. But… he’s sort of dating that Tammy girl… I originally called you to ask for advice about what to do about it” Tong Tong said. I guess it was quite a big thing for them.
“There are three possibilities. One – let them be a happy couple, which I’m pretty much agienst. Two – let Tammy be a part of the clique with low status, and make her realize that he’s such a loser. Three – start dating him, and get someone to watch out for him cheating.” I said. Tong Tong really needed to learn to be independent of me.
“Me and Alien?” she asked doubtingly. I understood her; I mean our main rule (well, after “you have to look good,” “You can only wear jeans once a week” and “never wear ties”) was “You can’t date your friend’s ex boyfriend.”
“Yeah, I mean, I know that he’s a loser but you could make him popular again” I said and smiled happily.
“But… I’m sort of dating Ao Quan” she admitted.
“Then dump him. Tong, please switch the loudspeaker off, I have advice to give you” I said. I heard a beep-sound which meant that she had done what I had told her to do.
“Now it’s done…”
“Okay good. Tong, as the queen bee love and friendship is totally unimportant. Do you think I loved Alien? Of course I didn’t, but we made a good match and created attention. You’ll get lots of attention when you start dating Alien, as he’s my ex. I know that Alien is a loser, but you know how easy that is to change. If you don’t trust me I’ll send the necklace to Candice instead of you.” I said. – that’s right, I hadn’t given her the necklace yet, and I would send it to Candice if Tong Tong asked me for advice more than twenty times in a month.
“Okay, I’ll date him.” Tong Tong said.
“Good” I answered and hung up. Joanne looked weirdly at me.
“If being fake feels nice, you must be one of the happiest people alive” Joanne said and laughed.
“You know, I would insult you back, but I have to plan something out for one of my friends right now. Bye sweety” I said, rolled my eyes and started looking for my room.

The next day it was Saturday which allowed me to wear everyday clothes. I was wearing a blue tank top, a black miniskirt, blue knee high socks and black heels. I had curled my hair and it was hanging loose down my shoulders. I was wearing everyday clothes. The day before I had found a note from my roommate hanging at the door, saying that she was sleeping in a friend’s room at some kind of slumber party. When I was on my way out of my room someone walked in. Or, not just someone, my new roommate; Hebe Tian. I smiled friendly, and then checked her outfit out. She was wearing a green tank top, a red miniskirt, black tights and an adorable black necklace. Good choice.
“Oh, so you’re my new roommate” she said and smiled in a fake way, the same smile I usually used when I talked to less popular people who had potential. My cell phone rang.
“Gui here, what is it?” I asked.
“Gui, it’s me, Candice… I have terrible news!” Candice said. I sighed.
“Terrible news? Candice, Tong took over my position, tell her” I said and yawned.
“But it’s about Tong!” Candice said, and sounded even more dramatic than before.
“What terrible news can you possibly have about Tong?” I asked her.
“She… She’s dating Alien for god’s sake!”Candice said. I laughed.
“Candice, I know that she’s dating Alien, I told her to date Alien, it’s better than Alien and Tammy you know… But I gotta go, love ya, do what Tong says” I said and hung up. Hebe looked at me like she wanted to strangle me, suddenly. She must’ve seen that I was a potential threat.
“So, Wu Ying Jie, as an outsider, what do you think of the human race?” she asked me and laughed taunting. I rolled my eyes, couldn’t she do better?
“Can’t I ignore you some other time? I’m kinda busy” I answered. I looked coldly at her.
“What can a social retard like you be busy with?” she asked me and rolled her eyes. Luckily for me, I actually had plans.
“Oh, nothing special, just being with your boyfriend… Bye” I said and flounced out of the room. I stopped someone on my way.
“Pardon me, can you tell me where Aaron Yan’s room is?” I asked the person.
“I’m sorry, but I don’t dare to tell anyone that” the girl answered.
“Listen, I have a deal with him, my parents pay him to tutor me, and if you don’t give me the direction to his room, they will also pay for your funeral” I said. Luckily I was taller than her; I could look down at her.
“Okay, I’m not even allowed to know myself, but he’s probably in the piano room!”

I had just opened the door to the piano room. I looked at the guy who played piano. He was nothing like I had expected. He was not muscular and tan like the most popular guys. He was nonetheless beautiful. He had very black hair, and he was pale. He seemed very addicted to the song he played. I didn’t know it, but it sounded really good. He was even better than my first crush; my old musical teacher at playing the piano.
I watched his beautiful long fingers with his perfect cut nails dance over the white and black shining keys. He was perfect in all ways. I couldn’t believe that I had wasted my time on a guy like Alien, or even thought about going out with Show. I cleared . He stopped playing.
“Who are you to disturb my piano playing?” he asked and sounded annoyed. He looked at me. He had huge brown eyes, and the most perfectly shaped mouth she I ever seen.
“I’m sorry, but my dear parents don’t pay you to play the piano when you’re supposed to tutor me.” I said. If he could act annoyed I could too.
“Oh, you’re another one of those girls… what are you failing?” I sighed, and rolled my eyes. If I had the option I would rather strangle him than answer his question.
“I’m not… Okay, math.” I admitted as he looked weirdly at my.
“Math, please, are you an idiot or something? Math is the easiest thing on earth…” Aaron said.
“Excuse me, but my parents aren’t paying you to taunt me either” I said and rolled my eyes. I wanted to hit him so bad, but I didn’t do it as I didn’t want to ruin my reputation in my first week at my new school.
“Well, if you’re not okay with me tutoring you in my way, then I may not want your parents’ money” he said and sighed.
“Okay, okay… But you have to get an attitude makeover if you don’t want people to hate you when your old and wrinkled” I joked. He laughed, weirdly enough. I didn’t expect him to laugh.
“Well, I don’t think that my girlfriend would ever allow me to become old and wrinkled… She would force me to get plastic surgeries if it could prevent aging” he laughed. I of course, laughed with him. He was Hebe Tian’s girlfriend.
“Well, I actually kind of understand her. I bet that she doesn’t want to be mistaken for someone who dates older men, when she’s fifty and still looks twenty because of surgeries, makeup and Botox” I said and smiled. He didn’t laugh. Why didn’t he laugh?

Half an hour later he was lecturing me with a really bad temper, and without smiling at all. I started to dislike him again, and wondered if he was bipolar.
“Could you please shut up for a while and let me solve the problems myself? ‘Cause if you can’t, I might as well hire someone to do my homework again!” I yelled at him.
“Well, if you want to learn through doing work from start you’ve chosen the wrong tutor. My values is to make sure that persons completely understand the area before starting.” He said and smirked in an annoying way. I wondered why guys like him always thought that they were better than anyone else. He was smart and handsome, but he didn’t act very nice towards the people who payed him. When I was having dinner with my father’s clients I was always acting nice, smiling and dressing up.
“What is there to not understand? It’s freaking fractions! Halfs, quarters and so on… It’s not like it’s hard or anything!” I defended myself.
“Okay then, I hope you can solve the pieces I have made for you.” He said and found a piece of paper. I looked at it. It was impossible. Maybe I knew what fractions were, but I sure couldn’t add, minus or divide them.
“I can’t” I answered him. I wanted to sound cool, but I couldn’t. My cell phone rang.
“I have to pick this up, see you tomorrow; it’ll probably take some time!” I said and ran out of the room. I answered my cell phone.
“Hello?” I asked.
“Wu Ying Jie! I finally found you! How are you? Have you been feeling good?” I heard a male voice say. In some way it sounded familiar. I suddenly remembered it.
“Qiu Sheng Yi?!” I asked. Me and Sheng Yi went to grade and middle school together. We were really good friends, but then he had to transfer schools, and move to a small country in Europe.
“That’s my name…” he said. I could almost hear him smirk. He was the only person who knew how I was in real life. I was actually originally a tomboy who loved basketball, but when I was starting in high school I changed completely.
“How did you find me? Oh my god, I have missed you SO much!” I said. He laughed. I smiled.
“Well, as you probably know my family turned rich, so I hired a private detective to find you…”
“Sheng Yi?”
“Okay, I talked to Tong Tong, who’s brother was on vacation in my town” he explained. I smiled. Tong Tong had also always been great friends with us. She had kept my tomboy-secret all along.
“But how’s life where you live now?” I asked him.
“It’s fun… I’m enjoying it. The funny thing is that I’m either called Wang Zi or Casanova here” he said and laughed. I laughed with him.
“You as a player? Please, stop kidding. Do you remember Alien Huang? See, that’s a player. He even dared to cheat on me” I laughed.
“Well, you’re worse than me; you’ve become a hardcore girl! And dated Alien Huang. But I feel a bit sorry for him” he joked.
“Why?” I asked happily.
“’cause no sane person would dare to cheat on you, my lady. When is he out of the hospital?” he asked laughingly. I laughed like I wanted to give up on him.
“Please, I’ve become a little more lady-like!” I yelled, still laughing.
“Yeah, like. We all know that you’re still a tomboy on the inside” he laughed. I smiled. It was really long ago that we last time had talked like this. I thought back at the reason.

***
Heey my beloved readers (:
Here you have the second chappie xD
You can guess yourself what the reason is xD (or just read it in the next chapter xD).
*being raving happy* xD
Thanks for all the nice comments (:
Please comment <3
Uh, and I almost forgot to credit Blitz for the beautiful poster and background (:
Thanks Blitz <3
-Gril4Life