Chapter 1

My Private Tutor

 

Pilot (where the hell is England?)

I walked down the school halls with my best friends. Everyone was staring at me as usual. I was the number one school celebrity, and I wasn’t afraid to admit it. I almost walked past a window until I realized that I could use it as a mirror to do my hourly outfit/hair/makeup check. I was wearing a pink miniskirt, a black tank top, pink heels and an adorable necklace. My hair was pulled back in a ponytail so people could see my face easier, and… My mascara was lending.
“Ya Tou, tissue!” I commanded. Two seconds later I got a tissue in my hand, but it wasn’t handed by Ya Tou. I turned around and saw my completely gorgeous boyfriend, Alien. By friends he was called Xiao Gui. He was popular, rich, handsome, charming and had me at his girlfriend. He had it all… Just like I had.
“Aww, thanks honey” I said and kissed him at his cheek. I didn’t really love him; we were only together because we looked good together. People liked us as a couple, and being popular was only about the game. The rules were simple; be good-looking, be charismatic, dress well and do what the queen bee (me) tells you to do. Xiao Gui was good for my reputation, and I was perfect for his, so we became a couple.
“You’re welcome, ma petite copine” he answered. That was the only French he knew, and he didn’t pronounce it very well, but those words, my girlfriend, were the only words he needed to know to make people think he could speak French fluently.
“So charming, I can’t believe you’re mine, love” I said and smiled charmingly. I knew what I was worth. Of course I did, I mean, please, I was perfect. I looked at the girls.
“Xiao Xun, mascara, lipgloss, white eyeliner and liquid liner” I said and sighed. It was almost impossible to get someone to give you the exact products you wanted, which was why I was using Xiao Xun. She was okay with being used; she got some limelight and popularity out of it.
“Which gloss?” she asked me and hurried to find the other products from her purse.
“Hmm… My Mac dazzleglass creme luscious spark” is said, and quickly added that it was orange in case that she didn’t remember. She handed it to me, and hurried to fix my makeup up. I turned around to look at the girls.
“How do I look?” I asked them smiling.
“Awesome!” all of them, except of Xiao Xun said. She was busy finding my favorite fragrance, as she knew that I would ask for it about two seconds later.
“Xiao Xun, my perfume” I said annoyed. She hurried up and gave it to me, while smiling happily.
“And didn’t I tell you to do something about your hair? It’s too boring! I’ll give you my hairdresser’s card, he’ll take great care of your hair, but the way it looks now just seems like… someone who goes to boarding school in Europe or something.” I said and rolled my eyes. Then I handed her my hairdresser’s business card and walked to my locker. It stood out a lot, as it was pink. I heard some freshmen whisper about me when I walked pass them, so I decided to scare them.
“Excuse me, but you’re standing in front of MY locker.” I said and looked down at them. If I wasn’t wearing heels they would’ve been taller than me, but definitely not prettier. One of them was wearing this pair of hideous glasses while the other one was wearing the ugliest outfit I had ever seen, and based on what my dad and my sister have sometimes worn… Let’s just say that it isn’t a small thing. But what I didn’t know was that I was going to wear worse outfits later in my life.
“Yeah, and?” one of them asked. And? And I’m the most popular girl in school, so scram! – That was what I wanted to say. Of course a teacher had to pass at the time I wanted to talk to me.
“Wu Ying Jie, your mother’s on the phone, please follow me to the office.” She said. I followed her all the way to the office and grabbed the phone.
“Mum? Why are you calling my school again?” I asked her.
“I’m allowed to…”
“You’re only allowed to call me when my MAC 44 lashes arrives, and they can’t already have arrived, cause I ordered them last night!” I said annoyed. Later I found out how important news she wanted to give me, and if I had known, I had probably screamed.
“Honey, your grade paper arrived, and… another thing also arrived. Me and your father decided this last month, and as you’re going to sleep at Ya Tou’s place” – I was going out with the girls, then sleeping at Alien’s place, but of course I couldn’t tell my mum that – “I have to tell you on the phone. You’re going to boarding school.” She said.
“Like, the kind of school where you share a room with a dork and share the bathroom?” I asked. I was in shock.
“Well… this boarding school is pretty extraordinary… and in England” she said. No way.
“In… Wait, where the hell is England?” I asked her. Right in that moment my geography teacher walked by and looked like he wanted to strangle me.
“England. In Europe.” She said and sounded really impatient. She was probably rolling her eyes.
“You can’t send me to England! I actually have a life here in Taiwan!” I was angry, and I could feel tears of anger run down my cheeks.
“Listen, Ying Jie, me and your father have hired the most brilliant student in the school to tutor you. His name is Aaron Yan.” She said. She tried to sound calming, but it didn’t work.
“Yan? That’s Chinese… How come he lives in England?” I asked her.
“Oh, the school mainly consists of Asian people. There are hardly any European people in that school…” she told me.
“But what about my friends and Alien? What are they going to do without me? What if Alien ends up kissing one of my best friends?” I asked my mother. I probably sounded like a little girl, but no one cared. I wasn’t going to stay anyways. I mother hung up, and the bell rang. The teacher looked very worried at me.
“What’s wrong?” she asked.
“Oh, nothing. Just that my mum is sending me to England to study in a creepy boarding school where I have to share a room with someone and live under strict rules. I can’t even have my own bathroom. I hate England already.” I said. I really didn’t want to leave my life.
“I see. You know what? I’m tutoring your class now, let’s walk together” she said.

When we finally arrived to class people were staring at me. Not in the usual she’s-a-cool-hot-celebrity-way, but more like an I’ve-figured-you-out way. The teacher cleared .
“Wu Ying Jie has an announcement to make before we start today. Miss Wu?” she asked. I sighed.
“Okay, so, I haven’t told any of you about this yet, but since I was little I’ve been destined to go to this exclusive boarding school in England. I’m leaving soon…” I said. People started whispering, and Alien ran to me and kissed me on the lips.
“Why didn’t you tell me?” he whispered.
“Because I didn’t want to tell anyone before I was leaving.” I answered coldly.
“Promise me to come back…” he said.
“I can’t…”
“If you don’t come back, and marry me when you do so, I’ll tell anyone about that thing…” she said and tickled me a bit. I blushed.
“Okay, I’ll do it…” I said. Everyone would’ve been abled to hear that I didn’t mean it, and he would probably get over me after the first week. I looked at the girls.
“Tong Tong? You can have my necklace.” That was our secret way to tell her to take over my position as queen bee when I moved. She nodded and smiled very widely.
I sat down at my seat and class started.

At Ya Tou’s place we were getting ready to party. My hair was clipped up in hot rollers, and I was currently doing my makeup.
“Xiao Xun? My Paris-lipstick” I said and smiled. She quickly handed it to me. I applied the lipstick, which looked really good at me. Then I looked at Xiao Xun.
“Use my surprise me lipstick and coat it with my jingle jangle dazzleglass. It’ll look pretty on you. For your cheeks I would recommend the dessert rose powder blush on your cheekbones. For your eyes I would use the white frost eyeshadow and add some 6 lashes.” I said and smiled. She took notes, as my words were law.
“You can borrow all of it from me… just get your own eyeliner. White enlarges your eyes.” I added, and walked into Ya Tou’s room. I looked at the other girls.
“Apple, will you please help me to remove these?” I asked and made a gesture to my hot rollers. She nodded and smiled happily. She was more than happy to help. I looked at Tong Tong.
“What makeup are you wearing?” I asked her.
“The one you recommended me to use back when Da Ya was still at the school… This look just never gets old” she said. Apple finished removing the hot rollers, and I looked myself in the mirror.
“Hmm… cute braids, pick tails or loose hair?” I asked them.
“Well, you wore the braids last week, and pick tails isn’t your thing, so I would say loose hair” Tong Tong said. The other girls agreed with her.
“Then I’ll wear it loose” I said and smiled. I found my outfit in my Louis Vuitton bag. A black glittery mini skirt, a pink tight t-shirt, a pair of fishnets and back heels. I personally loved it, and I wasn’t afraid to admit that I looked great. I smirked.
“Don’t I look excellent?” I asked them.
“Of course!” All of them said at the same time. It was kind of mechanical, but I didn’t let that harm my self esteem. Not back then, at least.
“Hey, Gui? How many drinks do you think Xiao Xun will get?” Tong Tong asked and smiled evilly. I thought for a while, and remembered the makeup I had recommended her.
“About seven, I guess… “I said and smiled secretly. I liked the shocked way Tong Tong, Ya Tou, Apple and Candice looked at me. Xiao Xun was of course still doing her makeup.
“Isn’t that too much? I mean, she’s not pretty at all” Candice said.
“Well, you may get surprised by her look…” I said. Of course my timing was perfect, and Xiao Xun walked out of the bathroom. The other girls dropped their jaws. Her hair was in pigtails, she was wearing a green miniskirt, a black tank top and black high-heeled boots. It looked good on her. Of course she didn’t beat me, or Tong Tong, but for a new member in our group it looked okay. I looked in the mirror. Now it was time to get attention.
“Oh my god, I’m SO fat” I said and looked sad. The other girls looked at each other, and then looked at me.
“Oh my god, what are you talking about?” Tong Tong asked.
“You’re so skinny” Apple added, though I could see on her that she had bad conscience, which obviously meant that they had been talking about that matter while I was in the bathroom.
“How much do you weight, sweety?” Candice asked me.
“45 kg… And I’m like, 163cm tall! I need to lose at least three pounds!” I said and looked even sadder.
“Of course you don’t… Your body mass index is only about 17, which means that you’re underweighted” Xiao Xun said. It was her weird way of comforting me. She was a math genius, which meant that she could calculate things in the head, that normal people had to use twenty minutes on, using a calculator.
“Really? Then what’s your body mass index?” I asked. I wanted to humiliate her too. She annoyed me, and ruined my plan.
“19.95. I’m normal-weighted” she said and smiled proudly. Oh my god. Xiao Xun seriously needed to lose some weight.
“Do you… Ever work out?” Apple asked her in shock.
“No?” Xiao Xun answered.
“Sweety, you need to go and a diet!” Candice said and looked pitying at Xiao Xun.
“No she doesn’t… She has a strong bone structure and she’s healthy. She may help us getting rid of those prejudices.” Tong Tong said and smiled proudly about her plan.
“What do you think, Gui?” Xiao Xun asked.
“My opinion doesn’t count. Tong Tong will take over soon, so I want to observe what she’s doing, and how she’s doing it. Who knows, I may change my mind before I go to England” I said and yawned like it didn’t matter at all to me.
“Then you don’t need to lose weight, sweety.” Tong Tong said.

At the party I was drinking my god-knows-what-number of drinks. I was trying to get drunk so I could forget about moving, and just have fun. Instead I rather depressed.
I felt disgusted when I saw a girl trying to score Alien. I decided to say something, so I started walking.
“Excuse me, but my boyfriend doesn’t do this and that with random girls in terrible outfits that he meets at random parties.
“Your boyfriend?” the weird girl asked.
“Yeah, my boyfriend” I answered.
“Who, Xiao Gui, I see that you have gotten a new girlfriend since we dated… you’re disappointing me with your taste, you know. I never thought that you liked ‘random school ’” the girl said, and laid the pressure on ‘random school ’.
“No way, Xiao Gui, you used to date this girl? You sure have a dark past, honey… When I saw her I first thought that she was smart, but when I heard the words ‘random school ’ mentioned I realized that you weren’t. I’m so much more than that. I’m a bossy , a backstabber and someone who fails math, but I’m rich, hot and always get what I want.” I said and looked at the girl.
“I’m Rainie, and I also always get what I want” she answered.
“Well, lucky for you that I’m leaving Taiwan soon. Xiao Gui, you can marry this girl and have some awfully ugly children…” I said and smirked. Rainie stared me down.
“Oh, so we have your blessings?” she asked and looked at me like I was someone from the streets, which was pretty ironic, as she was the one wearing discount clothes.
“Well, yeah, but I don’t think that Xiao Gui’s reputation can carry a girl like you… especially not if you start at our school. We have this group who kinda rules the whole thing, and then we have the losers who buy their clothes in supermarkets like you do… I’m Wu Ying Jie, ask around, I’m sure you’ll find someone who knows me” I said and kissed Xiao Gui. After that I walked away. Though I was drunk I still had my sanity when I spoke. That was something you learned when you were hanging out with the people I hang out with. I found Candice and Ya Tou, but as they didn’t see me, I listened to their conversation.
“I mean, how come she hasn’t realized that he cheats on her? He has done so ever since they started dating…” Candice said. Who cheated on whom? God, finally some interesting gossip.
“Please, like she cares… In our group everything is about the excitement and… Oh my god, they’re kissing!” Ya Tou said and pointed at someone. I jumped to see what was going on. As a result, I saw Xiao Gui and that Rainie-girl being very passionate about each other. Like my life wasn’t already bad enough. Time for the drama.
“How… Ow co-ould he ju-ust do this to-o me?” I asked through some crocodile tears. The girls turned around to look at me.
“Oh my gosh, Gui…” Candice said.
“And yo-ou guys think that I-i… Don’t… Lo-ove ‘im” I continued. The other girls were coming our way. Tong Tong looked at me.
“Oh my gosh, Gui, I’m so sorry… He can’t just do this to you. I’ll confront him!” she said, grabbed my wrist and pulled my in Alien and Rainie’s way. Of course I didn’t forget the fake tears. Those were just another thing that you got used to when you were hanging out with these girls.
I heard someone get slapped. I looked up, and saw Tong Tong slapping Xiao Gui in the face.
“How can you just do this to Gui?! You’re done in the popularity business at our school!”-She looked at Rainie – “And where did you find her? A trashcan? Gosh, when people find out about this… And I seriously considered letting you stay in our group and have a long distant relationship with Gui and…”- she looked closer at Rainie – “Your mother is my goddamn maid!” she ended and pulled me to the bathrooms, where there was silence. She dialed a number and putted her phone on loudspeaker.
“Hello?” a voice said.
“Miss Yang, it’s me, Julie. Where is your daughter?” Tong Tong asked. Her English name was Julie.
“Rainie? She’s sleeping at her best friend, Ariel’s place… Why?” Miss Yang asked.
“Because I just spotted her at a party with her tongue inside Wu Ying Jie’s boyfriend’s throat.” Tong Tong said, and then hung up.
“Eww, that was disgusting!” I said and laughed.
“Yeah, but it worked… hurry, we have to see if she calls Rainie!” Tong Tong said and pulled me back at the party. We saw Rainie pick up her phone and where exactly close enough to hear what was said.
“Hello? – Hi mum… - what are you talking about, I’m at Ariel’s… - yeah, we’re listening to music… - Julie called you?! That … - You can’t ground me! – Come on, please don’t…” she stopped speaking. Her mother had probably hung up. She walked our way.
“It’s your freaking fault that I’m charged into an all-girls’ school in Japan!” she yelled at us.
“Yeah, and it’s your fault that I’m now single, and that poor little Alien’s good reputation is now completely destroyed, so I guess we’re even. But no matter how much I would love to fight with you by now, I have this thing…” I said and walked away.

***
Heey guys (:
I hope you liked it <3
Thanks for all the nice comments, they already mean a lot to me <3
I love you guys
Weee xD
-Gril4Life