Chapter 11

My Private Tutor

 

Goodbye, social life

LAST CHAPTER:
“Well… Why are you being with me when everyone knows that you like Aaron Yan? I mean… It’s SO obvious” I suddenly looked fierce.
“Because… Because…”
***
”Because I don’t like Aaron Yan… I only tried to seduce him to make him leave Hebe Tian.” I looked at Danson with a mean grin.
“Really? That’s kinda bad…” Danson smirked.
“You’ve got a problem with bad?” I asked him, smirking back. I liked flirting with Danson. It was fun.
“No, actually quite like bad… But bad doesn’t seem to fit you. Cute fits you a lot, though.” Danson chuckled. I just smiled.
“Really? You do know that I used to be a queen bee, right? You have to be bad to be in that position… Bad, classy, and very good at faking” I sighed. I actually missed the old days, before I became the queen bee. Danson was the one reminding me.
“I know, and I never thought that you were suited for that position… It ruined my picture of you to see you in it. Remember when we first met? You were so… Fresh and energic. I miss those days.” Danson sighed. I did remember it very clearly. Danson and Melanie formed a band together, where Danson sang, and Melanie played guitar. Two of their friends played drums and bass. Once Mel brought home her band from school. I couldn’t stop looking at Danson at that time, and I even ended up drooling, it was really embarrassing to think about.
“No, I guess I forgot…” I lied. I would’ve said ‘happily forgot’, but then he would understand that I hadn’t.
“Really? Mel brought me and the birds home, and you kept on looking at me in this creepy way… You even drooled” he giggled. I just smiled.
“I’m sorry, I really don’t remember… I must’ve been high or something…” I laughed. In that period of time, everyone in school was thinking that I did drugs. Of course I didn’t, but I liked to make fun of the rumor… To define my high status.
“So you really…”
“Of course I didn’t, Danson, it’s a joke. I’ve never done drugs, please; my reputation would’ve been ruined if I lost control.” I yawned.

I was at rehearsals for our school musical. The most of the cast was practicing the chorography to the song “reproduction.” Neither Show nor I was involved in the song, so we sat at the sideline, drinking beer and chatting happily about the rest of the cast.
“I just think that Hebe would fit the role of Sharon better than Paulette… I mean, she may be a – I should know – but she doesn’t seem as obvious as the role should” Show explained to me.
“What do you mean about ‘I should know’?” I asked him, laughing. I then took a sip of my beer-bottle. I loved beer.
“Oh, you can’t tell anyone, but Hebe and I once did it… Well, we were drunk, but she seemed… Pretty experienced” Show almost blushed. I couldn’t help but laugh about it.
“You and Hebe did it? For real? Oh my gosh, I mean, Aaron felt like, really bad after just kissing me…” I wrinkled my nose in a funny way. Show took a sip of his beer.
“You and Aaron kissed? When?” he asked.
“Oh… Once when we were drunk, and once when I rejected him… Did you know that he broke up with Hebe?” I asked him.
“Of course I do, everyone does. He also told her why. She keeps on badmouthing you, Gui Gui.” Show said. I smiled at him.
“It’s funny Show, I never thought that a playboy could be so straightforward. Players aren’t supposed to be straightforward… I know, ‘cause I used to be one.” I looked him in the eyes.
“When?”
Before I found Alien, my first cheating boyfriend, I became a player to make this blind guy realize that I could rock his world. If course it didn’t work; he was my sister’s boyfriend, but…” – I looked at Show – “it still gave me quite some experience with how to deal with guys.” I smirked.
“Oh, you don’t wanna go there” Show said, knowing what I was trying to do.
“Says who? I’m a big girl; I can take care of myself. Besides, I’m dating Danson Tang, so I have to know a little something about how to make him stay” I smirked. Flirting with random guys, which used to be natural for me, felt wrong. When I looked at Show, I saw Aaron’s face.
Show started leaning closer to me. I could smell his beer-breath.
“I can’t do it!” I suddenly said, even shocking myself.
“Wu Ying Jie, Luo Zhi Xiang, bowling alley scene!” the teacher who was responsible for the play said. Show smirked.
“Well, it looks like I get to kiss you after all” he laughed. I frowned. I started chewing some bubblegum.
“And… Action!” the teacher yelled. I giggled.
“Another well deserved victory, right Johnny?” one of the T-bird guys said.
“Yepp, but where’s the trophy?” Vic Zhou, the guy who played Johnny asked. Hebe walked closer to him.
“Right here, Johnny” she said, and planted a kiss on his lips.
“Ooh, kissies!” Selina, who played Rhonda, said to my role. I turned my head towards ‘Johnny and Paulette’ (Vic and Hebe).
“That’s for the best average. Now what about the best score?” Vic asked, grabbing my arm. Stephanie (me) instantly pulled away from him.
“What about the trophy for best score, Stephanie?” one of the T-birds asked.
“I ain’t no one’s trophy, Goose” I said, looking at him like he was an idiot.
“Uhh – she ain’t no one’s trophy? So that’s the way it’s gonna be now, huh Miss independent?” Vic’s role asked mine in a hard tone.
“Yes, independent, I kiss who I want, when I want.”
“Oh yeah?”
“Yeah. I could kiss the next guy who walks through that door if I want to.” I looked challenging at Vic. How I loved Grease 2.
“Oh Yeah?”
“Yeah.”
“Be my guest!” he said, pointing at the door. The rest of the guys started laughing cruelly.
Michael (Show) walked through the door. I sighed, and walked towards him. Then I kissed Show, looked at the guys in a ‘gotcha’ way, and walked towards the girls. The pink ladies agreed to go out to eat.
“I vote for pizza!” their annoying follower, the little sister of Paulette (Dolores) declared.
“You vote for bed! It’s past ten, and why don’t you just go home and… Leave me alone?!” Hebe yelled.
“Cut!” the teacher yelled. Hebe’s face instantly turned mean and cold. I raised her hand, and the teacher picked her.
“I just wanted to say that this musical is unrealistic. If a guy blows a girl off because he’d rather be with her friend, her friend would totally go through lots of hardships” she said, and looked at her perfectly polished nails. I knew who that one was for.

Ella, Selina, Hebe and I were waiting for the guys at our lunch table, which gave Hebe a great opportunity to be a with capital B.
“I gave that guy everything!” she looked fakely sad.
“And by everything, you mean..?”
“By everything, I mean everything. All that he wanted. All that he needed!” Hebe looked hysterical. I couldn’t stand this.
“Oh yeah? You gave him all that he needed? What Aaron needs is a girl who treats him right, understands him, and doesn’t go with other boys! He doesn’t need a bossy teacher, who uses his loyalty towards her family to make him a puppy dog!” I was stinking angry. How dared Hebe act so innocent? At least he hadn’t been like Alien… I realized that I was just as bad. I was going out with Danson, loving Aaron, and flirting with Show. I was ashamed of myself.
The whole cafeteria was staring at us, including the guys, who were standing at the door. I didn’t even care. I wanted Hebe to be punished.
“Oh, so I’m bad?! At least I don’t go behind my friends’ bags and kiss their boyfriends! At least I don’t use the pathetic excuse that he’s my tutor to be with him! You’re a !” Hebe yelled.
“What friends’ are you talking about? You don’t have any real friends. You only have little workers, who do whatever you say. I used to be just like you. I used to see popularity as happiness. Lately, I’ve realized how little it really matters. Lately, I’ve fallen in love. The fun thing is that love was the thing that turned like this. But I believe that it can get me out again. Oh, and by the way, you don’t have to tell me that I’m a , ‘cause I already know.” I said, and flounced away. When I reached my room, I instantly started crying. I couldn’t keep the tears out.

After crying for two hours, it knocked on my door. I had started packing down my clothes, and I had already called Danson. He had allowed me to stay with him. I didn’t even care about my parent-teacher conversations.
“You better stay out!” I yelled. Of course the door was opened anyways. In walked Selina and Show. Both of then looked terrified, when they saw that I was packing.
“Gui Gui, you can’t leave! Hebe will be good again in a few days… Or weeks.” Selina said.
“Sel…”
“Okay, okay, maybe months, but who counts?” she asked, looking innocent.
“I kinda worry me to see the two of you here. Both of you should stick with Hebe, really, if you want to keep your status, you should go.” I sighed. I had matured a lot, since Taiwan. I looked at myself. I had also become skinnier, and my clothing style had changed. I looked like a copy of my sister, in her depressed period.
“But we don’t want to keep our statuses; we want to support you, Wu Ying Jie. We know that Aaron will too.” Show looked at me.
“If Aaron cares so much about me, then how come that he’s not here, while the two of you are? Let’s face it; Aaron only cared when it could be kept a secret. Now I’ve told everyone, not so much.” I tried to hide my sadness, but it went awfully bad.
“Aaron’s having detention” Show looked uncomfortable.
“Come on, Show. Aaron is a top student, he’s not having detention” I rolled my eyes.
“Aaron… Aaron kinda tried to beat the crap out of Hebe, when she started… Started to spread rumors about you being a bloody e.” Show turned red.
“A ? She really can’t do better than that? Watch out, Hebe Tian. I’m gonna be a pain in the for you.” I smirked evilly.

I was reading articles about my father, the heir of a huge company, when I found something tricky. Something about a scandal, that I had to have investigated.
Apparently, there had been taken pictures of my father, in bed, with several of other women than my mother. There was also a girl at my age claiming to be his daughter. I sighed, when I realized how they had made her leave. I remembered her mother knocking at the door, like a crazy person. I remembered the little girl, who was crying. I looked at the names. The name of the girl, who was possibly my sister, was Cai Yi Ling. Her English name was Jolin Tsai. The article also had a picture of her, from when she was ten. She looked incredibly much like… I had to call Show!
“Hello?” he asked, after I dialed his number.
“Hi, Show.” I smiled sweetly, though he couldn’t see me. “Uhm… Show, your regular girlfriend’s name is Jolin Tsai, right?” I questioned, nervously.
“Yes?” he answered.
“Good… Do you know anything about Jolin’s family? Particularly her father?” I sighed. ‘I might have a sister’ – those words were running through my head.
“Well, Jolin has never been associated with her father, but she knows that he and her mother had an affair… And that he was the owner of a huge company. She also knows that he’s dead. His wife pleaded her and her mother to attend to the funeral, but they refused to… She also talked about that he had two other daughters, why?” Show ended up questioning my intensions.
“Because… Because I was reading about my father, and then I read about this scandal that he had… And that he had this daughter, named Jolin Tsai.” I sighed.
“So… Jolin might be your sister?” Show asked.
“I don’t know, but I would like to find out. Can’t you arrange us to meet?” I asked, being pretty sure that I and Jolin weren’t siblings.
“Sure… Meet us tomorrow at eight… In my room” Show said. We both hung up.

I was sitting in the piano room with Aaron. It was really awkward, as none of us dared to say anything. On one hand, I wanted to be selfish and to be Aaron’s girlfriend. On another hand, I knew how much hardship that would put him through, not to talk about how much hardship it would put me through.
“Look, Wu Ying Jie, I’m ready to give up anything to be with you. Can’t we just… Can’t we just forget about Hebe, and be us?” he finally asked. I looked him in the eyes.
“Though I’m in risk of future hardships, I have to say yes, Aaron Yan.” I smiled. He smiled back at me, and walked towards me. He planted a soft kiss on my lips.
“I’ve waited for this day ever since we met” he smiled. I looked down.
“Well, I have too, but for the wrong intentions…” I looked at Aaron’s face. Would I really leave this poor guy with a girl like me? Maybe I was worse than Hebe. Maybe Hebe had a reasonable excuse to hate me. Maybe Aaron should too.
“Come on, Gui Gui. I know you’re not as bad as you try to make it seem like” Aaron looked at me with intense eyes. I blinked a few times.
“But I am… Why else would I ruin your life for my own selfish reasons?” I asked him, and planted a kiss on his lips. It felt nice to kiss Aaron. He had very soft lips, and he was always so gentle towards me… Why had I spent my whole life dating jerks, when guys like him insisted? My cell phone started playing Russian roulette by Rihanna, which meant I had a call. I answered it.
“Hello?” I asked, coldly.
“Gui Gui, I’ve been trying to call you all day! It’s Danson” the voice in the other end said. I sighed deeply. What the hell was I gonna do?
“Hi, Danson… Look, I’m kind of in the middle of…”
“Look, this is really important! You remember how your sister’s will gave me her diary, right? Gui Gui, your mother has always been a victim… Your father only used her; you really have to see this!” Danson said. This was more than I could take.
“I’ll be right there.” I sighed. Aaron looked at me in an asking way.
“Look, I can’t dump him on the phone; I have to do it face to face.” I excused myself, and left.

I got out of the cab, and walked towards Danson’s hotel room. I didn’t know why, but I was nervous like hell. I knocked on his door.
“Who is it?!” I heard his voice shout from inside.
“Room service!” I joked. I went to open the door, and his face lightened up when he saw me. He kissed me. I didn’t know how to reject.
“Hey babe” he said, and winked.
“I was kind of busy, so can’t you please tell me what you found?” I asked him, pleading.
“Busy with what?” he asked harshly.
“Schoolwork. I have three essays, a huge math assignment and four quizzes coming up. It’s killing me!” I said, and sat down.
“It doesn’t seem like you, to care so much about school all of a sudden… Are you sick?” he asked me, kissing my forehead as if he was checking my temperature. “Kinda hot” he added, and lifted his eyebrows.
“I’m not sick! You know, it’s like me dumping my whole social life; not what people would expect from me, be could happen” I said, and looked at him in a serious way.
“Well, anyways, I found these letters in your sister’s diary… You might not want to read them right now, but sooner or later you’ll have to.” He said, and handed me the letters.
“Look, Danson… I did dump my whole social life, and I wasn’t doing school stuff. I decided to listen to my heart for the first time in my life. I… I decided to be with the person I love. I decided to be with Aaron Yan.” I sighed. Though I loved Aaron, it was hard for me to give up on me and Danson. I had always known that I would never have a real shot with him, but it was still sad to let go of the thing that I had worked for, for years. On the other hand, I also felt relieved. Letting go of Danson, was like letting go of all the fakeness; like the poison out of my life.
“Bye, Danson.” I said determined, and left. He was just staring at me.

I was reading the letters that Melanie had somehow found. I was shocked. Apparently, my mother really had been a victim. My father had gotten her pregnant for the first time, when some of her classmates had drugged her for revenge on telling the teachers that they copied her essays. She had been forced to marry him, though she had a boyfriend whom she loved all the way through. I sighed. My father had kept on cheating on her constantly after they had gotten married. He had even made me hate her, because of some stupid lies about her smoking and drinking during her pregnancy with me. I felt really stupid. Aaron walked through the door to my room.
“What’s up, honey?” he asked me.
“Look at this.” I said, and pointed at the letters. “How can this be? I… I wronged her. I’ve always wronged her.”
Aaron looked at me in a caring way.
“I’m sure she’ll forgive you, sweetheart.” He smiled, and kissed me on my forehead.
“So, did you break up with Danson?” he asked me, curiously.
“Yeah… And it went smooth.” I smiled at him.
“Good, now we can be all public about us.”
“No, no… We can’t. I’m afraid that Hebe will hunt us down, and kill both of us if she finds out. Could we please be a little low profile? Just until we find a new school…” I said, and looked at him in a pleading way. He was so perfect, and yet I was ashamed about being his girlfriend.
“Like I said yesterday; I’ll give anything up for you. Including this.” He said, and kissed me on the lips. I was happy.

***
Preview:
“Do you… Happen to have any pictures of your father? ‘Cause you might me my sister.” I said, and looked at her with seriousness in my eyes.

***
“Aaron Yan… How could you do this to me?! I finally opened up to someone, and then you just… Do something like this?! Sick bastard!” I almost screamed while crying. I then made his cheek hurt and walked away perfectly, though I was wearing killer-heels. I looked at Show and his date. I couldn’t say goodbye to him while crying, so I just left.

***
Heey guys (:
How I love to write this fanfic (;
And you’re all so nice in your comments! It really means everything to me (:
Therefore, you get an extra long chapter as a gift (:
I’ve just been sick… How I hate fevers!
And especially now, since I’m having this really big thing in my life (my confirmation) at Sunday, and I really don’t want anything to go wrong…
Anyways, if I don’t update tomorrow (which I might do – but only if I get enough comments :p), then I won’t update before next week (:
Please, please, please, please comment (:
Xoxo
-Gril4Life