Chapter 18

My Private Tutor

 

Too much drama pt.2

I was sitting in the room that I was currently sharing with Andy, while the room that was supposed to mine was being painted. I was trying to get courage enough to call Selina, when my phone rang. Of course, it was her. I picked up.
“WU YING JIE, I THINK I MAY HIT YOU RIGHT NOW! WHY DIDN’T YOU TELL ME THAT YOU WORK FOR RICO?!” I almost dropped the phone. Bloody hell…
“Well, I was about to call you to tell… But I had to be sure if I wanted the job permanently before I told anyone.” I explained quickly. It wasn’t true, but whatever. I couldn’t have Selina being mad at me; she was one of my best friends, and how would I live on without my best friends? I definitely needed her to stay my friend.
“Well, then… Can you get me tickets for fashion week? Everyone says that it’s gonna be a blast…” Selina sounded a little happy, and a little worried. But she didn’t sound angry anymore, which made me happy.
“Well, I can get you something even better. Rico needs a model, and in the industry it’s already too late to find someone, so I showed him your picture, and he wanted me to call you immediately. If you go to London, you can work for him for the rest of the year if you want, and when the time comes, retake the last year of school, without people like Jolin and Aaron to distract…” I smiled. If Selina said yes, we could get amazing and glamorous lives, like we always talked about. It would be perfect, and Aaron wouldn’t be there to remind me of what used to be. Maybe I would even be able to find a new boyfriend, or love another person.
“Really? Oh my gosh… One second, Gui Gui… MOTHER!!!”
And then I waited for about twenty minutes.
“My mom wants to meet Rico, to decide if I’m allowed to…” Selina said, thoughtfully. I smiled.
“I will find a day for the meeting, and inform you. Bye Miss Ren” I laughed. Selina laughed back at me.
“Thank you, Miss Wu. Bye.” She said. I then hung up, when I heard laughing behind me.
“Andy! Don’t you know how to knock?!” I asked, laughing happily, though I was embarrassed.
“Has my stepfather promoted you to be his secretary, or something? Oh, and I don’t usually knock on my own door.” Andy laughed.
“Know, he hasn’t… But as Selina is my best friend, it’s easier for me to persuade her into being his model… Is he home yet?” I asked, smiling politely.
“As a matter of fact, he just got here. You can go and talk to him…”

I was sitting in Rico’s home-office, looking serious, with a polite smile on my face.
“Mr. Baker. Miss and Mrs. Ren are coming to London soon, and requested me to plan a meeting with you, before taking any further decisions. I think it would be best if the meeting was after Christmas, so if your schedule is free, the twenty-seventh December would be perfect.” I smiled.
“Let me check…” Rico said, and used quite a lot of time by finding the right day in his calendar. “My schedule is free from four PM to seven PM the twenty-seventh. You know what, Wu Ying Jie? I need a new personal assistant. What would you say to that job? Of course it would get you a better pay…”
“Well, a better paycheck, and of course the privilege to have Selina staying at this house, while she’s modeling for you, which she will as long as I’m working for you… And the privilege to borrow dresses for black-tie events?”
“Sounds reasonable to me. Oh, and by the way, I’ve talked to your mother, and we’ve found a home-school teacher for you.”

I was working very hardly, as everything had to be perfect. I was also answering Rico’s call, picking up his clothes, buying fabric for his dresses, and picking up his breakfast. But it was worth it, ‘cause I loved fashion so much, that all the hard work felt rather nice.
“Hello, ” Kate, Rico’s stepdaughter joked when she saw me. We always called each other , though we didn’t mean it, and were friends.
“Hi” I laughed and hugged her.
“Daddy told me to tell you to call Karen Butler, and tell her that he wants to hold a speech at Mrs. Tian’s birthday party tomorrow… He also wants you to apologize for the fact that it’s pretty late…” Kate rolled her eyes. “God, I really don’t wanna go! Mrs. Tian’s daughter is a real , just like her friends, and her boyfriend is just weird!” Kate complained.
“It can’t be that bad…” I said, with a smile on my face.
“Yes, it can! I mean, I was so happy when she and whatever-his-name-is broke up, but they’ve just gotten back together, and seeing them together makes me vomit… It doesn’t even looks like he loves her! She’s probably forcing him to be with her!” Kate sounded just like me, when I had been in love with Aaron. When I thought about it, the couple sounded a lot like Aaron and Hebe, though Aaron was with Amber now, and Hebe was probably single.
“Sounds like somebody’s in lo-ove” I teased. “Oh well, I have to make that call… Bye” I said, and walked to my newly painted room. I smiled, when I saw my walls that had a pale, purple color. I loved purple, as it made me relax. I dialed Karen Butler’s number from my work-phone, and sighed.
“Hello, you’re talking to Karen Butler, what can I do for you?” I heard her voice ask.
“Hello, Miss Butler, this is Even Wu, the personal assistant for Rico Baker. I’m calling to inform you that Rico wants to hold a speech for Mrs. Tian tomorrow. I also called to tell you that he’s stepdaughter, Kate, won’t be going, as she has a very important meeting with the headmaster of Oxford, and that you shouldn’t mention this to anyone, as she wants it to be a surprise.” I said in a serious tone. It was true; Kate was going to have a meeting with the headmaster of Oxford, only the day after the event.
“Okay, thank you for informing me. Miss Tian will be so sad when she hears that Miss Baker isn’t coming… They used to be such great friends… Oh well, thank you for calling, Even Wu. Bye”

The next day, I was getting ready, as Rico had decided to bring me instead of Kate, and had me memories every single word in his speech so I could help him out, if he forgot, though he wouldn’t. At that moment, I was wearing an amazing purple limited-edition dress by Rico, a pair of Jimmy Choo Stilettos (black) and a purple head band. My hair was up in a loose bun, and one of Rico’s makeup artists had done my makeup. Rico walked into Andy’s room, where Andy and I was talking, looking serious.
“Ying Jie, today you’re going as Andy’s date, okay? So no flirting with any guys, and please only dance with Andy… Pretend that he’s your boyfriend. I don’t want any stupid newspapers to right things about Andy’s uality… That happened to me quite a few times already, because I’m living with a guy” Rico smiled at me. I nodded, understanding. I actually felt more secure this way, as I still wasn’t over Aaron. Going with Andy would be safe.
“Understood. I like it better like that, anyways… Then my ex boyfriend will see us in the paper and get jealous… YES!” I said, smiling happily. Andy and Rico looked at each other like they knew something I didn’t, and then Rico left.
“What was up with THAT?” I asked Andy.
“It’s not anything you need to know by now… You’ll find out eventually.”

At the party, Andy and I had lots of fun. The Tian family hadn’t arrived yet, but I didn’t know them anyways. At least I didn’t think so at that point. A lady walked by us wearing a VERY yellow dress.
“Instant migraine” I whispered to Andy, and both of us laughed. Andy then took my hand. It felt wrong, but I didn’t protest; I had agreed with my boss to play his girlfriend. A journalist and cameraman walked towards us.
“Mr. Baker, is this your girlfriend?” the journalist asked. Andy nodded proudly.
“Yes, this is Even Wu, also called Gui Gui, my girlfriend.” He smiled. The journalist then looked at me.
“Miss Wu…”
“Oh dear, just call me Gui Gui, I’m more used to that, and I feel comfortable when people call me it…” I said with a fake shyness. I had been told in the car to act modest, and sweet. I had been offended when they said it, as I felt pretty sweet already.
“Okay then, Gui Gui… How do you feel about the rumors of Andy being gay?” the journalist asked me.
“I think that they’re ridiculous… I mean, I have known Andy my entire life, and he hasn’t ever even liked a guy that much… He has had a few girlfriends, though.” I smiled sweetly.
“How did the two of you meet?”
“Well, our parents were friends when we were young, so we always played together, and then we wrote each other letters when I moved back to England… And then Gui Gui started on a boarding school here in England, which made it much easier for us to meet up. And when Gui Gui got hired in my stepfather’s company without him recognizing her, she rented a room in our house and we got together…” Andy smiled. Half of it was made up, but I just smiled and nodded. “But if you will excuse me, I will take my girlfriend dancing.”
Andy then dragged me towards the dance floor. If he had been my real boyfriend, I would’ve thought that he was really cool. While we were dancing, Andy suddenly whispered something in my ear.
“The daughter of Mrs. Tian is my first love.” Andy admitted, whispering. “But I was only an affair of hers. We kissed a few times when she had a boyfriend, and then she suddenly told me to go to hell. So I got a job at a fast-food restaurant… That was hell” Andy smiled. I giggled a little.
“ATTENTION! The Tian family has arrived!” Someone on stage said. Then some people walked on stage. But they weren’t total strangers to me; I already knew two of them.
“You’ve got to be kidding… This can’t be… He can’t be… Why are they…?” I couldn’t manage to say anything.
“Hello, my dear guests, and thanks for coming. As you have noticed, my daughter Hebe’s boyfriend Aaron had joined the family tonight; he and my daughter have something big announce. Why don’t you, Aaron?” Mrs. Tian said. Aaron walked towards the microphone.
“Yesterday I proposed to my lovely girlfriend Hebe. She said yes, which means that we’re now engaged.” Aaron said, calmly. I looked at Andy.
“Get me out of here.” I said. I almost couldn’t stand on my legs, and Andy had to support me so I didn’t fall. The tears were already running wildly down my cheeks. I could handle Aaron if I knew that he was going to be there, but seeing him without warning, announcing his engagement was too much for me to bear. He didn’t love me. He never had.
“Get me out of here” I repeated, still being hit by shock. Not knowing what to do, Andy accidently let go of me, which caused me to fall. Now Aaron spotted us.
“Gui Gui!” Andy said, and quickly helped me up.
“I’m sorry, I’m so clumsy…” I told the lady next to me, and walked towards the bathroom. I looked at my reflection, and started talking to myself.
“Game over, Gui Gui… Game over.”

I was lying in an unfamiliar bed, feeling extremely sick. I couldn’t see anything, as my eyes were covered with a sleeping mask. I could feel a cold, wet cloth on my forehead, and I could tell that I had a fever from my headache. I could hear someone discussing loudly outside.
“Me brining my girlfriend to a party is none of your business!” that was definitely Andy’s voice. He sounded angry, and I wondered who the other person was.
“You KNEW that I’m her ex boyfriend, as I told you just the other day! You KNEW that I was going to announce the engagement today, as your stepfather told you! Why the hell did you bring her anyways?! Do you even know how fragile she is?!” Aaron yelled. Why was Aaron discussing so loudly about me with Andy? Did he even care?
“Me knowing stuff about my girlfriend is none of your business.”
“Get out of my house, scum. If you don’t, I’ll personally have you locked up in jail.” Aaron said. I knew that it wasn’t his house, but Andy probably didn’t. Why were Aaron and Hebe even back together? The only thing I could think of, was Amber dumping Aaron for Wang Zi, and Hebe asking to get him back. Or Aaron begging to get her back. I could hear that Andy walked away. The next thing I heard was Aaron opening the door. I felt nervous in the moment he did. It was weird to feel his presence, after he proposed to Hebe. Then he walked towards me.
“Aaron I…” He was next to the bed I was laying in now.
“I’m putting a glass of water next to you, Gui Gui… I think it’s a good idea for you to drink it now, as water is the best way of recovering soon…” Aaron said gently, and removed the cloth from my forehead. He then placed the glass of water on a table next to me, as far as I could hear. I removed the sleeping-mask, and looked into Aaron’s deep, brown eyes.
“Where am I?” I suddenly asked him.
“Shh, don’t talk; just drink this water and sleep.” He said, gently. Then he kissed my forehead. His cold lips felt nice on my burning skin. I was in shock. “You’ve got a fever, so you should probably stay here until you’re fully recovered.”
“I… I…” Aaron just put a new cloth on my forehead.
“You’re in Hebe’s family’s guest room. I will come and look out for you once every hour. When I go to sleep, Hebe will take over. She’s very concerned. Please go to sleep now Gui Gui, so you can recover quickly.” I could hear on his voice that he had a bad coincidence. I then sighed, and decided to be friendly towards Aaron, just as long as I was in his home.
“Congratulations on your engagement. You and Hebe must be very happy.” I said. Aaron seemed like it was a very bad time to say so in, but I didn’t care.
“Well, I guess we are… I mean, Hebe and I agreed to get back together, because neither of us could be with the person we loved. Hebe’s loved one turned gay after her being forced to dump him by her parents. You wouldn’t believe how manipulative her parents are…” Aaron sighed. “And then here yesterday, we started to talk about our dream weddings, and realized that it was the same thing. And as both of us couldn’t get what we wanted the most… We both chose second best.”
“Who is the one you love?” I was expecting him to say Amber, but he didn’t answer at first, and when he was about to, the door to the room opened again.
“Gui Gui, why aren’t you sleeping? Aaron, let’s go out and let the girl get some sleep… She’s sick, and she should recover as fast as possible, so she can start working again.” Hebe said strictly to Aaron.
“You’re right. Goodnight, Wu Ying Jie.” Aaron said to me, and smiled brightly.

***
Preview:
“Gui Gui, can you please be my maid of honor? I mean, it would mean so much for me to have you there… You must know that your blessings are the most important thing to me…” Hebe smiled softly. After her and Aaron had gone back together, she was so different… So happy and warm. I couldn’t ruin that.
-
“Headmistress, please let me continue my school year… I didn’t miss that much, and Aaron will tutor me… Please, please, please…” I begged.

***
Heey guys (:
I’m so, so, so, SO sorry for not updating in such a long time!
You guys have no idea of how busy I’ve been, as *someone* in my group-work thingy didn’t do anything (in DK we have this thing called the project task, where we work in groups and make a rather big project for the entire school week… My presentation is tomorrow)
Anyways, especially long chapter (a little bit more than seven pages) for today, as I feel sad about not updating…
And Aaron is engaged to Hebe now *bad*.
But they don’t love each other…
I wonder who the one he loves is (LOL, I already know xD) xD
Well, thanks for all the nice comments (:
Please comment <33

-Gril4Life