Chapter 24

My Private Tutor

 

Things getting serious

Last chapter:
“Aaron Yan, if you think that you can…” I suddenly stopped. I could smell something… Something that I shouldn’t smell in a classroom. “Is that smoke?”
Aaron sniffled, obviously smelling it too. He made a movement with his fingers, telling me not to move. “I think it is… Gui Gui, let’s get out of here quickly”
Aaron dragged me away from the room, and hit the fire alert on the way out. Then he dragged me into his room, locked the door, and told me to stay quiet. I wondered what was going on.
***

Aaron slowly walked towards the door, trying to find out exactly what was going on. He then received a text, and looked very worried.
“Stay right here. I have to go to the bathroom.” Aaron said, leaving me alone in the room with his cell phone. I knew that it was wrong, but my curiosity couldn’t take it. I took his cell phone, and looked at the text he had just received. ‘Take that as a warning. Next time, it will be the real deal’ it said. Who would threaten Aaron with fire? Who could be so moronic? I heard steps from the bathroom come closer towards me. I hurried to put Aaron’s cell phone back at the table, exactly where I took it.
“Aaron, who was it that texted you before?” I asked him, like it didn’t really matter, though it mattered a lot to me. Who would be that cruel? I had to find out.
“Oh, no one, just Hebe wanting her Uno cards back…” Aaron lied.
“Honey, I read the text, and if someone is trying to kill us, I kind of think I have to know who, and why.” I looked Aaron straight into the eyes.
“Okay, then I’ll tell you… This is the person who has been threatening me constantly for being with you ever since we got together. I don’t know why either, but this person hates you, Gui Gui, and this person don’t want you to be happy at any cause. The two opportunities this person gave me were to stay with you, and let both of us die, or to dump you, and let you die.” Aaron said, keeping away his tears.
“Aaron Yan? It’s over.” I said, unlocked the door, and walked out of the room. There were bright sides of this too. Aaron got to survive, and I got to join my father and sister. The family tree wouldn’t be completely ruined either, as Jolin could still have children. My mother would finally get her peace, and get to fool around with exactly who she wanted to, and Selina couldn’t blame me for not telling her about Andy, as I would probably be dead when she found out.
But then again, I would never even get to see Aaron’s face again. I would never experience our wedding, and I would never give to birth our children. I wouldn’t ever graduate, and I wouldn’t ever be again. That was the scariest thing about death to me. The thought of not existing, not… Not seeing what happened around me. I couldn’t imagine a world without myself in it.
“Gui, what are you thinking about? Why do you look so sad?” Selina asked me.
“Get away from me, hateful .” I looked at her, and walked away. What I didn’t know was, that someone was watching from afar, laughing at me. Someone cruel as a moron.

I was on my way to my meeting with Andy. I had promised him to meet Angela that day, and I had to talk to someone about this. Andy was the only person I could come up with; as there was no way for the weird stalker to find out that I had told him.
“Gui Gui, this is my fiancée Angela. Angie, this is my best friend Gui Gui” Andy smiled at both of us. I shook Angela’s hand, and tried to look as gentle as possible.
“Hello Angela, my name is Wu Ying Jie; I’m a friend of Andy’s.” I said, smiling at the extremely skinny, fragile-looking girl. I didn’t dare to hug her, because I was afraid that she would break into little tiny pieces if I did.
“Hello Wu Ying Jie. You seem just as amazing as Andy always says you are. How is your fiancé… His name was Aaron, right?” Angela asked, trying to seem well-behaved. Well, it wasn’t her fault that she wasn’t much updated. Therefore, I decided to be polite.
“Well, Aaron and I are currently on a break, because of this small disagreement that we had just the other day. I don’t know if we can work it out, but I don’t think that we can, as it seems to be a big thing…” I said, and looked a little sad.
“Tell us, we can help you” Angela said, with a gentle smile.
“Oh, trust me, you wouldn’t believe me anyways.

I and Selina was out shopping, though Selina still was a little pissed about me calling her . I understood her; I would’ve been too, but it still annoyed me, as she had no idea about why.
“Selina, what would you do if I suddenly died? I mean like, in a fire or something…” I looked Selina in her eyes. She sighed, and tried to smile.
“Gui, Aaron has already told me about the person trying to kill you. I’m actually a little pissed about you not telling me about it before, but then again, I wouldn’t have done so either. Well, the thing is that you won’t die… Neither of you. I’ve already contacted the headmistress, and she assured me that no such thing could happen at our school.” Selina smiled warmly at me. The smile that she always used when she cheered me up looked somehow different and insecure now, though.
“I think Andy is having an affair…” She suddenly said. “He never has time to talk to me anymore, and we he does; he never calls me honey or just Sel anymore. When we see each other, he never kisses me, and doesn’t dare to look me in the eyes. I don’t know what to do Gui Gui; I feel so clueless.”
“Come on, Sel, Andy wouldn’t ever cheat on you; he loves you too much for that.” I smiled calmingly at Selina, though I hated to lie to my beloved best friend. I felt like I didn’t cherish her well enough, when I did so.
“Hey, Gui Gui!” someone yelled. I turned around.
“Angela? Hello… This is my friend, Selina” I said, trying to hide my worry. I sighed a few times before looking at Selina. “Sel, this is Angela. She’s the fiancée of one of my best friends.”
“Hello Angela, I’m pleased to meet you” Selina smiled, while shaking Selina’s hand. Selina smiled very gently at Angela too.
“Hello Angela, my name is Selina though everyone usually calls me Sel…” Selina kept on smiling.
“Well, most people call me Angie too… Especially my fiancé, An…” I started coughing like a crazy person while Angela was saying Andy.
“Oh my god, I love your lipgloss!” Angela said, suddenly looking at Selina’s perfectly glossy lips. “Clinique’s full potential in sugarplump, if I’m not mistaken?”
“Yeah it is; it’s my favorite lip… Oh my god, déjà vu!” Selina exclaimed. I had the same weird feeling; I had definitely experienced this before. I had been in Angela’s shoes, and it was the say Selina had invited me to eat lunch with her. My god, this was weird.
“Really? Mine’s Clinique’s Long Last Gloss wear in knockout . It’s an extremely cool color, and it has SPF in it!” Angela smiled cheerfully.
“Come on, Angie, everyone knows that the best of the nudes in the Long Last gloss wear series from Clinique is bamboo pink” I rolled my eyes, and pointed at my lips, that were coated with that exact lipgloss color.
“That depends. The knockout looks way better with the pure posh lipstick, and…”

I was on the phone with Andy, who didn’t seem very satisfied with Selina and Angela’s new friendship. He was obviously afraid of them finding out about each other, and dumping his lousy .
“Well, don’t you think Angela deserves a new friendship to make her happy in her last days? I mean, maybe them being friends will make them happier, if they find out. They’ll always have each other… Or, you know.” I said, sighing. “And besides… If I get killed in the next days, no one will know except from you and Aaron…”
“Listen, Gui Gui, no one will ever get to kill you, ‘cause if they try to, Aaron and I will kill them first. Period” Andy said.
“Andy, you’re a boy; you can’t have a period” I laughed. Andy laughed too, and that very loudly. That was why I loved being friends with Andy. We could be serious, and we could joke around. We could always talk to each other about everything, and he could always cheer me up.

“Gui Gui, I really need to talk to you; I think I know something about the person trying to kill you… Trying to kill us” Aaron said almost a week after the first fire. I looked him straight into his eyes.
“Then please don’t say it in such a public place. The gossip about me has been crazy these days, and I don’t want another rumor about the two of us dating again. Besides; I don’t want that person to see us together.” I said, looking at Aaron with stone-hard eyes. “Oh, and I don’t want my new boyfriend to hear about us talking either. It wouldn’t look good, you know…”
“I don’t CARE about your reputation, Wu Ying Jie, and neither do you. If you put your reputation before me – before us, you wouldn’t ever have started to date me.” Aaron looked at me. He looked very desperate, and I realized how weak he made me. ‘No Gui Gui, don’t fall for that; don’t be weak. Someone is trying to kill you, and will kill Aaron too if you get back together. This is for the best. Yeah, it really is’ I thought.
“Well, I never did love you. The only reason why I ever dated you was because I needed you to become queen. I lied to you a lot of times, and I’m very sorry about that, but you should move on instead of hanging in the past. I’ve never believed in love. In my world love isn’t important. I’ll do everything I need to, to succeed in this world. I thought you would’ve realized it by this time, but I guess I was wrong. You trust people way too easily, Aaron Yan. Game over.” I said, keeping my gaze hard and emotion-free. I wanted to cry, and let Aaron embrace me to comfort me, but I knew it was impossible. This was probably for the best anyways, as I never was good for Aaron.
“Well, then we’ll go into that classroom to have this conversation.” Aaron said, randomly dragging me into an empty classroom. He then closed the door.
“Gui Gui, I found this at the exact place the fire was started.” Aaron said, and handed me a necklace. Not just any necklace; the necklace. The necklace that was used to indicate who the queen was at my old school. Was one of my old friends trying to kill me? This was impossible.
“No way… No way… Not that necklace… It can’t be one of them… It just can’t…” I wiped a few tears away, and left the room, without thanking Aaron.

“Tong Tong, who has the necklace right now?” I asked my old friend on the phone. I had to know who was trying to kill me. If I found out, there was a bigger chance of me surviving this. I had to now who my creepy stalker was.
“No one really knows, actually… I was forced to give it to Candice when she dethroned me and took over my kingdom, but it got stolen about a month after. Some people claims that they’ve seen it at Xiao Xun’s place, but it sounds very unlikely to me” Tong Tong said, thoughtfully. “Why?”
“Okay, I know that this sounds very unlikely to you too, but someone is trying to kill me, and the person started a fire in front of a classroom I was in. The necklace was found at the exact spot where the fire was started. Can you please tell me who’s on vacation at our old school?” I asked.
“Well… A few of the mean girls are in Paris together, but that doesn’t really count. Then there’s Alien’s ex girlfriend, Tammy, and Alien, and a girl named Abby… Oh, and Mr. Wong… And then Candice said that she was visiting her brother in the states… It’s weird; I didn’t even know she had a brother” Tong Tong explained. Okay, clearly Mr. Wong wasn’t trying to kill me; he was the only teacher I paid attention to, so he wasn’t a possibility. The mean girls could be trying to kill me, but it was very unlikely. I didn’t even know who Abby was, so that seemed very unlikely too. Then there was Candice and Tammy left. Both of them were opportunities, as I had broken Alien and Tammy up, and wronged Candice by not giving her the necklace in the first place. Then I remembered something… Candice was an only child; she didn’t have a brother.
“Candice doesn’t have a brother… I know both of her parents; she’s an only child.”

I was sitting in the music room alone, playing hallelujah at the piano. Though it was a painful memory, that song also indicated on of the most beautiful memories between Aaron and me. This time I wasn’t singing the lyrics for the cover version though; I was singing the lyrics for the original one. It was a little strange having heard a song so many times, and finally understanding the lyrics at a somewhat new level. It was very symbolic.
“You say I took the name in vain, but I don’t even know the name, and if I did, then really, what’s it to you? There’s a blaze of light in every word, it doesn’t matter which you’ve hear, the holy, or the broken hallelujah…” I sighed, before singing the chorus.
“What are you doing here?” I heard a way too familiar voice say behind me. He didn’t sound like he expected to see me there, though.
“Stupid question. Obviously singing and preparing myself to die. Thinking a little about doing the work for Candice, so she doesn’t have to lift a finger, and still get what she wants.” my face and voice seemed indifferent.
“Sounds like an interesting dilemma.” Aaron said, obviously being sarcastic. “Wanna kiss me one last time… You know before you go and die?”
“Sure, but don’t expect anything. It’s a completely unbinding kiss, that doesn’t mean anything.” I said, and walked towards Aaron to kiss him. I actually only did to seem even more like a towards him, so that he would hate me in case I died. Besides, he deserved better even if I wasn’t going to die.

“My god, I can’t believe that you did that!” Andy said to me, on the phone. I couldn’t either; had I no self control?!
“I know, right?! I mean… We just kissed, and then…” I started crying. “…And then one thing led to another, and I can’t believe this! I wasn’t supposed to do something like that with him… Not Aaron… Not like that…” Aaron and I had gone way too far the day before. We had decided to get wasted for some reason, and ended up agreeing to get intimate, completely unbinding of course.
“My god, Gui Gui… Is this your first time?” Andy asked me. Straight to the point as always.
“No… I mean, it’s my first willing time, but I’ve done ‘it’ before… I was about to do it with Alien too, but I left before I got to, and… This was supposed to be special… Aaron and I were supposed to wait for the exact right moment, but…” I sniffled.
“Aw, Gui, I wish I could be there and hug you...”

One month had passed, and my period had been late by seven days. Therefore, I had decided to take a pregnancy test, as the risk was there. Of course I knew that I wasn’t pregnant, but I figured that taking the test was a good idea, just to be on the safe side.
“I’m not pregnant. I’m not pregnant. I demand myself not to be pregnant. I can’t be pregnant, I just can’t.” I said, while gathering my courage to look down at the test. Suddenly the bathroom door opened.
“Oh, sorry Gui Gui, I didn’t know… You forgot to lock the door, and… Wait, what the is it that you have in your hand?!” Jolin asked, quickly grabbing the test out of my hand. “Oh my god. Who’s the father?!”
“Wait… It’s positive?!” I asked her in disbelief. It couldn’t be positive; it just couldn’t. I hadn’t even finished school yet, and besides, I was only seventeen… And in the current situation, there was no way that Aaron would stick up for me and take the responsibility.
“Yes, it obviously is! Gui Gui, how could you be so un-careful?! I thought your mother had learned you a thing or two about using protection, after getting knocked up way too early! My god…” Jolin looked like she was freaking out. “My god, I’m gonna be an aunt…”
“Well, unlike my mother, I won’t marry the father of the baby; he would never marry me… And my god, I have to call the police; I can’t die while being pregnant… That would just be too tragic” now it was my turn to freak out.
“That’s the spirit! Keep on living for the baby, and for its father, whom I’m gonna make meeting you, so that you can tell him! And you should probably bring this…” Jolin said, handing me the test.

I was walking around in the music room, trying to get myself together to tell Aaron. I was about to cry and vomit at the same time, everytime I thought about him leaving me, because he didn’t want to have anything to do with me. My god, what was I going to name the child? If it was going to be a girl, I would probably name it Blair, and if it was a boy, I had always liked the names Noah and Casper… But on the other hand, naming it after Aaron would be cool. Yes, my son was definitely going to be named Aaron… But what if…
“Ying Jie, Jolin told me to come and meet you here.” Aaron said, coldly. I turned around to face him. I had to say this. He had the right to know.
“Yes, she did, and I promise you, this is important. Okay, first of all, I didn’t mean all those cruel things I said to you when we broke up, and I already contacted the police. It’s not true that I don’t have any feelings for you. I love you.” I said, trying to hold back my tears. Being pregnant made it rather hard for me not to cry. It had actually turned me into quite a crybaby.
“I don’t believe you. Ever since we met each other, you’ve been toying with me. First you made me love you, and then you dumped me. I got a girlfriend, and suddenly you started chasing me again, because you simply couldn’t take someone taking over your probity. When I started dating Hebe, you gave up, but started chasing me again… When I was about to commit suicide. We went out, and as soon as we found difficulties in our relationship, you dumped me. But if you’ll have me excused, I have something to…”
“I won’t have you excused; I’m not done yet. I have something else to say, and I’ll hunt you down, and even tie you up if that’s what it takes to get to tell you; you simply have the right to know this.” I looked him in the eyes, and sniffled. I shouldn’t have; I felt the icky smell of some enter my nose.
“Let’s get out of here; you can tell me later” Aaron said, looking scared. I just sighed a few times.
“Aaron, I’m pregnant, and you’re the father.” I finally said. At that time, the flames were already surrounding us, catching us in a corner.
“You’re… What?!” Aaron looked desperately around the hell of flames, coughing, until he finally saw something. “I’m going to lift you up to that air shaft, and you’re going to escape through it. You’re going to call the firemen as soon as you’re safe” he said, and started lifting me.
“Aaron, please don’t, I won’t ever get over you… No Aaron, no don’t! I wanna be with you! Don’t Aaron, don’t!” I screamed, while he lifted me. The tears were already running marathons down my cheeks, and I was coughing frequently, as the smoke bothered again.
“Shut up, and do as I say!” He yelled at me. “This for our unborn child, get it?!”

“What exactly happened, Wu Ying Jie?” a policeman asked me at the hospital. I was still crying.
“Aaron Yan and I were in the classroom to… To be intimate. We joked around, and I grabbed a cigarette, and accidently dropped it. Before we knew it, we were surrounded by flames” I lied. Right before, I had received a text saying that if I lied, the cruel murderer would leave me and my child alone.
“A cigarette? In your condition?” The policeman looked at me in disbelief.
“What condition are you talking about, Mr.?” I asked him.
“You’re pregnant, Wu Ying Jie… Didn’t you know?” he asked, looking at me in vain.
“No, I didn’t… I guess I won’t have a future after all.” I said, like it didn’t matter.
“Actually, there is a slight possibility that Mr. Yan has survived, and a very small chance that his memory is intact” the policeman said, trying to comfort me.
“Well, just too bad that Mr. Yan isn’t the father. Aaron and I has never actually done ‘it’ yet… We’ve just been talking about it a few times”

***
PREVIEW:
“Here’s the article on this season’s fashion, Mrs. Parker” I smiled, while delivering the article that I was so proud of to my boss.
“How’s little Aaron?” she asked me, with a melancholic smile on her face.
-
I suddenly stopped. Did that woman just say that Aaron Yan was coming for a meeting? But that was impossible… Aaron was dead, wasn’t he?

***
Heey guys…
Sad chapter all the way through…
But things might not be what they appear to be ;)
I wanna finish this fanfic before Saturday, and then I’ll start on my new one in three weeks time, probably… I need a short break to think a lot of things through (:
Anyways, please comment though you’re mad at me for “killing” Aaron…
I wouldn’t have inspiration to write the next chapter without your comments, and that would be a tragedy, as I wouldn’t be able to right a chapter filled with GuiLun moments without inspiration xD
And as you can see in the preview, there’s always more than makes the eye xD

Xoxo
Gril4Life