Chapter 25 - Finale chapter

My Private Tutor

 

Finale chapter

Six years had passed since the day I told Aaron I was pregnant. I hadn’t heard from him since the fire broke out, which I took as a sign of him being dead. Sometimes I thought that if we met each other now, we wouldn’t even love each other anyways, and that we wouldn’t ever have started going out back then if I hadn’t been too greedy towards popularity. I had told everyone that I didn’t know who the father of my child was, as I didn’t have any contact with the people who had known him back then anyways. I had finally successfully escaped my past. I had also married Alien, though I didn’t love him. My little son Aaron seemed to love him a lot, though. I was also working for Elle Magazine in London, were I was sent to random fashion shows to cover them. It was very awkward when I was at one of Rico Baker’s shows, and ran into Andy, though. We pretended not to know each other when people were around, as we had no relation whatsoever anymore. Angela had miraculously been cured, and married Andy, as he didn’t have the courage to reject her. I had no idea what had happened to Selina, Hebe, Jolin, Genie, Ella or Show, though. Even if I met them, I wouldn’t greet them, and they wouldn’t recognize me anyways. As for the person trying to kill me, the whole mystery had been solved. Candice and Rainie had schemed on me together, and Rainie had gotten Candice to do all the dirty work. Rainie had gotten away with it, while Candice had been charged into a mental clinic.
I was flouncing down the floors at Elle magazine, wearing a tight high waist black skirt, a white blouse and some black killer stilettos. My hair that hadn’t been cut since the fire was pulled back in a tight bun, and my makeup looked professional and simple. I looked almost like my old self actually, except from the scar on my face from the escape through the air shaft. I knocked on Mrs. Parker's door, and walked into her office.
“Here’s the article on this season’s fashion, Mrs. Parker” I smiled, while delivering the article that I was so proud of to my boss.
“How’s little Aaron?” she asked me, with a melancholic smile on her face.

I was sitting in the cafeteria, listening to my colleagues’ conversation. I had no real friends at Elle; actually the others thought I was weird. I had told Mrs. Parker the story about Aaron, and one of them had eavesdropped. Of course the eavesdropper didn’t believe me, and told everyone at the magazine about what a pathetic liar I was.
“And then I’m having a meeting with Aaron Yan, who’s marrying into one of our biggest shareholder’s family. He wants one of our journalists to cover their wedding… You all know Hebe Tian, right? She’s been modeling in a few fashion shows…” suddenly stopped. Did that woman just say that Aaron Yan was coming for a meeting? But that was impossible… Aaron was dead, wasn’t he?
“Yeah, I remember her… We’re actually very close friends” A girl named Jessica said. I walked towards her.
“Oh my god, I went to school with Hebe and Aaron… they were quite the couple back then. When I started, and they always loved each other very deeply. I was always jealous, so I tried to take Aaron away from Hebe once, but his heart always belonged to her. I guess it’s just my luck that Alien still wanted to marry me” I shrugged, looking like I didn’t care about the last thing. Saying those words really hurt me, even now six years after. I knew that this was my only chance of meeting Aaron again, and though I wasn’t sure if I wanted to something in me told me to go for it.
“Well, if you know Aaron and Hebe oh-so-well, then you can write the article. Of course Aaron has to approve you before you can cover his wedding. If I was him, I wouldn’t want such a to cover mine” the girl who had eavesdropped on me and Mrs. Parker smirked.
“Well, it would make sense if Hebe didn’t want me close to Aaron; I already ruined their wedding once, but showing up and seducing Aaron. Aren’t I such a manipulative ?” you would think what I had been through had matured me, but it hadn’t the least bit. I still liked to put up a harsh and y front, when I felt insecure. I guess I had learned a lot from my mother.
“Yeah, you really are a manipulative lying , Wu Ying Jie. If your boss hadn’t been a woman, I would’ve thought that you had gotten the job by sleeping with her… Or maybe you did. Are you gay?” another one of them asked. I hated those three girls from all of my heart, and they returned the hate. At least I had some emotions that weren’t only one-sided, and weren’t towards my son.
“Only when I need to be, but even if I had slept my way to the top, I at least would’ve victimized myself for success, which is something neither of you ever would.” I looked at them with cold eyes.
“Now, there comes the drama. Straight to the point as always. Long time no see, Wu Ying Jie.” I heard someone say behind me. I sighed deeply, and slowly turned around. I didn’t know how I would react seeing this person’s face, but I knew that my reaction for sure wouldn’t be pretty.
“Aaron…” I whispered as I turned around, like it was a big surprise to me. His face was the same, except for some scars he had gotten from burn marks. His eyes had also changed a lot; there were no sparkle in them. He didn’t have any expression while looking at me. “I mean, Mr. Yan, I’m happy to meet you. How’s the soon-to-be Mrs. Yan?”
“You haven’t changed one bit, have you?” he asked me, still with his emotionless facial expression. It hurt me almost more than seeing him crying.
“No, I haven’t. Not aside from being successful, being a mother, and being married to a successful man. Not aside from losing the last bit of weakness” I looked at him. “Thank you for helping me with that, by the way. Not seeing your face in six years has been amazing. Nothing good lasts forever, I guess.”
“The child survived the fire? How old is it now? Is it a boy or a girl? What’s its name?” Aaron asked. When we talked about the son that we had together, he forgot to be cold for a second. I saw a slight sparkle in his eyes.
“Yes Aaron, my son survived. He’s five years old, and he’s name is Aaron. I’ll happily send you pictures of him, but I won’t let you see him; you knew that I was pregnant, and I haven’t heard from you in six years. You left me thinking that you were dead. Do you think that I would ever have married Alien if I knew that you were alive?” I asked him, breathing deeply to prevent myself from crying. I hadn’t cried in six years, and I wasn’t going to start crying, just because Aaron wasn’t dead.
“But… But you wrote me a letter, saying never to contact you…”
“I thought you were dead, Aaron Yan. Why would I tell a dead person not to contact me?! Anyways, say hi to your lovely wife from me. I hope for her you don’t go and knock other girls up while they’re wasted. I know you did yours; I would’ve never made it if you hadn’t lifted me, but as you also said back then; I never loved you. I probably never will, and even if I did it wouldn’t change anything. You caused me to hate myself back then. I won’t ever forgive you; not even if you die. Here you go, the last memory of the us that used to be” I said, and handed him the ring that has been on my finger ever since the day he proposed. “I wouldn’t ever have engaged you if you weren’t standing on a rooftop, being about to jump. I never forgave you for dating that annoying tart, whatever-her-name-was. I’ve thought about it since the day you left; I’ve been making all the victims for us. I said goodbye to my social life, and dumped my first love. I was blackmailed to put a rat in that tart’s bed, so the two of you could stay together. I was about to marry a guy who thought he was gay. I dumped you because I didn’t want you to get killed, and I gave to birth your son, and raised him alone”
“I victimized my life for you” Aaron looked at me with hurt eyes, just like the eyes that he had sent me the day I dumped him.
“No, you didn’t. You victimized your life for our baby. Fine, I’ll let you meet him, but I don’t want to meet you ever again. I’ll send Alien over with him. You still live at the same place, right?”

“Honey, I’m home!” I heard Alien yell, as he entered our house. As soon as he saw my tears, he knew something was wrong. “What happened?”
“I… I met him today…” I cried. For some reason, I didn’t have to mention who ‘he’ was; Alien already knew. “He didn’t die… I was alive all the time… He’s marrying Hebe Tian… He still blames me, Alien!”
“Oh my god, come over here” Alien said and hugged me. “Did he ask about Aaron?”
“Well, I promised him that he could meet Aaron… Actually, I think I’ll bring him over to his house myself. I can do it; I’m a strong girl. And besides, Hebe used to be my friend; maybe this is all for the best. Aaron has always asked about his father, so wouldn’t he be very happy if he finally got to meet the man that he’s named after?” I asked, looking at Alien, still having tears all over my face. I started to wipe them away. “My god, look at me… I can’t even pretend that we love each other anymore…”
“Gui Gui, I said this before we got married, and I’ll say this to you again; we can ALWAYS get a divorce if you want one.” Alien looked at me with serious eyes. If I had been mean, I would’ve laughed at his attempt to be a nice guy.
“Well, I may consider it, but until that… I have a wedding to cancel, and a relationship to ruin. This time, people can hate me if they want to; I’ll get what I want. I always do.” I smirked all over my face.
“Aaron! Come to the living room; mommy wants to talk to you!”

The day afterwards Aaron Jr. and I were standing in front of Aaron and Hebe’s mansion. I knocked once on the door, and the door was opened by Hebe’s old and loyal servant, whom I had met before.
“Miss Wu… What are you doing here? I haven’t seen you in like, six years” she looked suspecting at me.
“Actually, I’m Mrs. Huang, and I’m here to show Mr. Yan his five year-old. I couldn’t be that he hasn’t told you and Hebe about that, could it?” I smirked. “Well, anyways, a month before the fire Mr. Yan and I were in broke out, he got me pregnant, and then I thought he died in the accident. If it hadn’t been for me running into him at work yesterday, he wouldn’t ever get to see out little son.”
“Welcome to this home, Huang Wu Ying Jie?” the servant looked at me to see if she could call me that. I nodded coldly once. “I’ll inform Mr. Aaron and Miss Hebe that you’re here. Until that, you can sit on the couch.”
“Fine.” I said, and dragged Aaron Jr. towards the couch. Then we said down, him leaning agienst my chest-area, me his hair. Even though I could be a crazy at times, I would never let my son see that side of me.
“Gui Gui, hi” Hebe said, while holding Aaron’s hand. I hadn’t seen them come, so I was pretty surprised by that.
“I thought that you weren’t going to show up in person?” Aaron asked, looking at me with cold eyes.
“I changed my mind; I’ve missed Hebe a lot.” I smirked evilly. “I mean, I don’t hope you have a like, problem with me being here, Aaron Yan. Jenny [the servant], will you please play with little Aaron?”
“Of course, Mrs. Huang” Jenny said, and dragged Aaron away from the room.
“It isn’t my fault that you took advantage of me being wasted and down emotionally, is it, now? When I left the school, they gave me the security tape of it. I watched it just to be sure; you’re the one who started it. I said no three times before I gave in. What do you think… the press would do, if they saw this, heard that we had a child, that you knew I was pregnant, and that you never contacted me once? It wouldn’t look too good now, would it?” I asked, with an evil smirk on my face. Suddenly, nothing except from the two Aarons mattered to me anymore. I would do anything to get what in reality belonged to me. Even betray my old best friend.
“What do you want?” Aaron asked me, looking frightened. I noticed that Hebe was holding Aaron’s hand especially tight.
“I want to see your life end up being as much a tragedy as mine. I was perfectly happy before the two of you came into my life. I mean, some things could’ve been better, but I never realized how superficial the world was, nonetheless. Then I went to England, and slowly, the two of you ruined my life” – I blinked a few tears away – “Aaron, do you know how much courage to tell you that I loved you, and that I was gonna give to birth our baby? Okay, I’ll give you the video if you tell me one thing. I’ll give it to you if you tell me what you would’ve said and done, if the fire hadn’t broken out.”
“Gui Gui, I’m sorry, I…”
“Well, it’s too late for an apology, isn’t it?”
“Okay, then I’ll tell you. I would’ve married you, and taken care of our little family. I would’ve worked hard for our child, but I would’ve been unhappy every day, and so would you. We would probably start cheating on each other, and lie to each other. We would’ve ended up hating each other, and forget the real feelings inside our hearts. Love would turn into hate, and it wasn’t worth it. That’s why I didn’t contact you.” Aaron looked at me with serious eyes.
“I’m already unhappy every day. I’m already married to someone who cheats on me, and I’ve already buried my real feelings and my real self deep down in my heart. Any other reason?” I was now obviously crying.
“Come on Aaron, I think now is time” Hebe looked at Aaron with a smirk on her face.
“You’re right; I should probably stop making her work for it.” Aaron turned to look at me. “Gui Gui, I’m sorry I left you back then. Hebe and I aren’t engaged; we made you think so to make you admit that you loved me. I love you. Will you marry me?”
“Hmm, let me think about it…” I smirked. “Okay, but you’ll have to wait a short time, as I have to get a divorce first”

***
Okay, I can’t write a preview, as this is the finale chapter…
My god I’m gonna miss you guys!
You’ve been so nice and supportive :’(
Okay, so, I couldn’t make the ending all nice, as this fanfic has focused a lot on being broken…
Yet Aaron and Gui Gui ended up together (:
And Aaron didn’t die…
My god, how am I gonna do without you guys?!
*crying*
^That’s why I hate ending my fanfics; I always become emotional^
I’ll post an A/N when my new fic is out, though…
I’m already working a little on it (:
And guys and gals?
Please comment on this chapter…
Also silent readers; just as a “goodbye” or “see you” (:
Thanks for all the amazing comments that you’ve left me throughout this story <33

Xoxo
Gril4Life