Chapter 8

My Private Tutor

 

Living nightmare

I was sitting on the back seat of a car. My father and sister were sitting in the front seats. My sister was driving the car. Both I and my father knew that this was her first time driving, but we were both happy for her. What my father didn’t know, was that my sister was going to use the car of suicide. She wanted us to survive, but she couldn’t live anymore. Her words were still repeating in my head rapidly.
“Gui, I hate this world… I cannot stand living in it anymore. You, mom and dad will be okay. So will Danson.” How could she be that selfish? It was so like her. She had even made me not tell our parents.
“Mel, are you sure that…”
“Yes. Completely sure.” She said. I was scared.
After driving for some time, everything turned into a blur. Melanie had hit a tree. I couldn’t do anything. Both her and dad were bleeding badly.
“Finally…” I heard Melanie say, before she stopped breathing.
“Dad, dad, Mel isn’t breathing! She isn’t breathing! Dad, help!” I yelled, while crying like crazy. My dad didn’t respond.
“Dad! Dad answer me!” I yelled. No answer. I clumsily found my cell phone, and called 119. I was scared.
“Hello?! My sister drove into a tree, and she’s… she’s dead, and my father’s unconscious, and… Help… please help, I can’t get out of the car… help me…”
-
I was standing with my mother in the hospital. She was looking coldly at a wall. I was crying like crazy. A doctor came out.
“I’m sorry, but Mr. Wu is now officially declared dead. We did what we could.” He said.
“NO! No, my dad cannot be dead! He’s the strongest person in the world! He cannot die, he just can’t! this is… This cannot be accepted!”
“SHUT UP!” my mom yelled at me. “What about Melanie?” she asked.
“She died already in the car…” the doctor looked down.
“No! No! She was my favorite daughter… See what I’m stuck with!” she said, and pointed at me. I tried to control my tears.
-
“Ying Jie, you lazy girl, come out here and meet your new daddy!” my mother yelled at me. I was supposed to meet her new boyfriend. Not that I wanted to, not the least bit. I had planned to be extremely rude, and make him disappear.
“He’s not my father! He will never be!”

“Gui Gui?!” someone yelled. I woke up immediately, and looked into a pair of slanted, brown eyes. The eyelashes was coated with too much mascara.
“’morning Hebe…” I smiled. I was used to fake feeling good, with a hangover.
“Show is hosting his birthday party next month, and wants us to help him arrange it… Of course he also needs a date, who are you going with?” Hebe questioned. I smiled.
“Well, I’ll find someone…” I lied. If I was to choose, I would go alone, as my prince, Aaron was obviously going with his princess, Hebe.
“Can’t you bring someone cool? Like Danson…”
“He turned all ugly after stopping here… I could import my ex boyfriend, Alien?” I joked. Hebe laughed.
“Well, unfortunately you can’t bring Wang Zi, as he’s now officially a loser” Hebe giggled.
“Well, aren’t I a loser too right now?”
“Only compared to me… You’re actually getting more liked than Ella, and people say that you’re prettier than Selina…” Hebe smiled in a satisfied way.
“Oh my gosh, that’s like, huge…” I faked a satisfied smile. “Maybe I should ruin it all by dating a loser?” I laughed. My cell phone rang. I sang along with my ringtone.
“I’m your biggest fan, and I’ll follow you until you love me…” then I answered it.
“Hello, Wu Ying Jie. Don’t say anything, this is Danson. If you don’t want the whole school to see pictures of you, and Aaron Yan kissing, then bring me to your friend, Show Luo’s party. Expect my next call to be soon. Bye” he hung up.
“Who was it?” Hebe asked.
“Just someone who got the wrong number… No biggie” I smiled.
“Well, anyways, Wu Ying Jie… I know you’re hung-over though you don’t show it, so I made Aaron come here for today’s lesson… And I also cancelled all of your classes” Hebe shined.
“Well, thanks sweetie” I smiled.

I and Aaron were sitting in me and Hebe’s room. I looked at him. I had a hard time concentrating.
“Aaron, can I ask you a question that isn’t related to Hamlet?” I asked him. He just nodded.
“The kiss last night… Did that mean anything to you?” I asked him, sighing. I knew it didn’t, but I had to get it confirmed before I could accept it.
“Well… Gui Gui, I cannot do this to Hebe, she’s me girlfriend, and I owe her family my life. You’re… A good girl, you’ll find someone.” Aaron sighed.
“Do you want me to bring Danson Tang to Show’s party?” I asked him, with teary eyes. I didn’t know why I suddenly cared about how Aaron felt. Feelings didn’t matter in this game. And I had to win the game. Why was I so weak?
“Well, Danson Tang isn’t good enough for you, Wu Ying Jie… He’s… A ruthless playboy.” Aaron told.
“Danson Tang is my first love. He used to be nice; he used to date my sister. I was the only survivor of the car accident she died in, of course he blames me. What would you do if I said that I still liked Danson Tang?” I asked him, purposely being provocative.
“I would call you very naive…”
“Then… What if I told you that I have to go to the party with him? He has pictures of us, Aaron. Pictures from yesterday. And he’ll publish them, if I don’t go.” I sighed.
“Then let him. I’ll deal with Hebe…”
“I can’t! I’m so close to my target, those pictures would ruin anything! Don’t you understand it?! I need popularity to live. And I always get what I want. If I have to use my first love, fine! If I have to kill my sister, FINE! Don’t you understand it, Aaron Yan?! I’m not a good girl, I’m not, I’m not, I’m not! Now, leave. I have people to use!” I almost pushed Aaron out of the door, before I started to cry.
Why couldn’t he just be selfish, and treat my like what I was, trash? Everyone else had always done that. Except for my dad. Danson had coldly rejected me, Alien had used me, and thrown me away when I was nothing anymore, Wang Zi had pretended to like me, to throw me on the floor… My mom had ignored me, and sent me to this crappy school…
Why wouldn’t Aaron join in? Why wouldn’t he just ask me to bring Danson to the freaking party? Why wouldn’t he just take advantage of me when I was drunk? Why would he even explain why he couldn’t date me?
“WHY?!” I yelled through my tears. I was getting weaker by second. Why did he keep on rejecting me? Why didn’t he like me? Why was I even pretending to be something I wasn’t? Maybe I should change back… I wasn’t even happy like this.
It was all Danson’s fault. Ironically I was going to date him now. My cell phone ringed. I quickly wiped off my tears, as if the caller could see me through the touch screen.
“It hurts, doesn’t it? To be rejected.” I heard Danson say.
“Are you spying on me or something?!” I asked him. He laughed.
“Well, actually I have a friend working on security at your school, and he sends me the tapes from your room. Anyways, I’m right outside your door. Open it.” He demanded. I did as I was told to. He hung up, as we were standing face to face.
“Do you know how much I want to strangle you right now?” he asked me.
“Well, go ahead, there’s no one stopping you. Free me from this. I hate my life.” I looked him daring in the eyes.
“You want me to kill you?” he asked.
“If you don’t, then I’ll do it myself. I don’t care if it’s painful, I can take pain. I’ve learned to live with pain.” I smirked. I didn’t know why I suddenly wanted to die. A good guess might be that Aaron suddenly gave my life meaning, and then took it all away. I had lost sight of myself. I had dreamt too far.
“I’d prefer you to do it yourself, then, ‘cause that wouldn’t get me charged.”

***
PREVIEW:

“Wu Ying Jie?! WU YING JIE?! ARE YOU ALIVE?” I heard a well-known voice ask.
“Am I in heaven?” I ask, dreamingly.
“No, you’re in the hospital…”
-
“Why would you do something like that, Gui Gui?”

***
OMG, I’m so sorry for the late update…
I don’t know what happened…
But now I’m ready xD
Thanks for the comments
Please comment (: