Chapter 19

My Private Tutor

 

The right dress

The next day I was feeling much better, though I pretended still to be sick, so I could stay by Aaron’s side for just a little longer. Of course listening to he and Hebe’s wedding plans killed me a little inside, but it was better than not seeing him at all. I guess that my silly, one-sided love was also a kind of happiness. As long as I could see Aaron smile, I could smile myself.
Aaron had just left Hebe and me alone in the room, with a knowing smile. I wondered what it was about, but I found out two seconds later.
“Gui Gui, can you please be my maid of honor? I mean, it would mean so much for me to have you there… You must know that your blessings are the most important thing to me…” Hebe smiled softly. After her and Aaron had gone back together, she was so different… So happy and warm. I couldn’t ruin that. It wasn’t that I liked Hebe at all, but seeing my old rival become a nice person, I realized what a power Aaron had over girls. He had changed me to the better, and now he was to transform Hebe into his nice and caring wife. I didn’t know if it was my wicked mind, or the fever, but in that moment it all made sense to me; Aaron’s task on earth was to change people, and make them nice.
“Of course I will” I smiled, and so did Hebe. Her smile just seemed much happier, and much more important that mine.
“Gui Gui, you don’t look too good, are you feeling okay?” Hebe asked in a worried tone. I just kept on smiling, and nodded.
“Hebe, do you love Aaron?” I suddenly asked. I didn’t know why, but it just flew out of my mouth.
“Yes, I do… He just doesn’t know yet. I really admire you a lot, Ying Jie… you always seem so honest about your feelings… I wish I could just walk towards him and say ‘Aaron Yan, I love you’ but I can’t… Because Aaron will never love me. His heart will always belong to someone else. I’m just happy to see him smile every time he’s around her… I hate my parents, though, for objecting them to be together” Hebe looked sad for a while, but then smiled again.
“Well, who is this mystery girl? First I thought that he loved Amber, and then I thought that he loved you… My mind just can’t come to a third girl” I said, being honest.
“Well, I’m not allowed to tell anyone, but believe me; it isn’t very hard to figure out. Just… Sneak into his room and read the songs he writes… Or look at the pictures on his wall… He always talks about y… This girl, it’s really hard to bear.” Hebe smiled in a melancholy way.
“One last question before we change our subject. If he likes her so much, then why aren’t they together?” I asked, looking like I didn’t really believe her. No girl could refuse to be with Aaron; he was the most perfect guy ever.
“It’s a long story, but a lot of things happened between them… But my parents and someone else is threatening him; if he starts going out with the girl, who obviously loves him back, a lot, they say that a lot of things will happen… My parents of course only have it in the mouth like me, but the other person is very serious when she threads people like that.” Hebe explained. I smiled a little. Poor Aaron; that sounded like a lot of drama for him.
“Well, let’s not talk about this now…”

I was standing in front of Aaron’s door, gently knocking on it. No one responded, so I walked in. Firstly, I didn’t see any pictures, but then I noticed a blue plastic box on his bed. I was nervous, when I walked towards it. I then opened it slowly. I could feel the adrenalin rush through my body. I was almost…
“Gui Gui?” I stopped, in shock. It was definitely Aaron’s voice. I turned around and saw him standing right in front of me, wearing a bathrobe, having wet hair. He had obviously just showered.
“Aaron, I wondered where you were… I’ve been waiting in quite some time now, so I decided to sit down and wait…” I looked for an excuse to look for him. “I wondered… If I can talk the headmistress into letting me back into the school, will you be my tutor again? Only tutor and friend, nothing more, I know that you love someone else, and…”
“Actually I don’t. There’s just no way that we can be more than friends… Not even if we both wanted to. I’m getting married as soon as Hebe turns eighteen, and I… If we were together, nothing good would come out of it, trust me.” Aaron said.
“I don’t agree with you, but I’ll still support you, though. I’m okay with being just your friend, if I can still see you.” I looked at him with honest eyes. “But if anyone asks me, I’ll never deny that I love you.”
“Why do you have to be so… Confident about chasing me? Can’t you just… I don’t know, give up?” Aaron asked me, in frustration. I shook my head.
“In the face of true love, you don’t just give up, even if the object of your affection is begging you to. I will stick to you like gum on your shoes, and I won’t even care what Jolin will do to me if she discovers it. Have I made myself clear?” I asked him, with an arrogant smile on my face.
“You’ve made yourself very clear, but don’t worry; I’ll make you give up.” Aaron looked me in my eyes. “You’ll give up on me, when I marry Hebe… Please give up on me; I’ll break your heart.”
“You can’t break a broken heart, Aaron Yan. Besides, it would break even more if I didn’t play with open cards and just chased you. There’s no use in denying it. We were together, we loved each other, and you broke my heart. But when you did so, you were brainwashed by that little tart, and I want to give us a second chance. It’s okay if you don’t agree instantly, because you will in some time. I know it, as I couldn’t fight my love for you myself. I’ll be okay, even if you marry Hebe; your body may be with her, but I’m confident that your heart will stay with me.” I looked Aaron in his beautiful eyes. If the eyes really were the windows of the soul as so many people said, then his soul was one of the saddest places I’ve ever seen. My eyes were even tearier, though.
“I wish that you would just admit to yourself that I’m no good for you… I’ll break your heart, Wu Ying Jie, you know I will.”

I was in a dress store, helping Hebe to pick out the right wedding gown for her and Aaron’s wedding. I thought about it for a while. ‘Hebe Yan?’ it wasn’t very catchy. Hebe walked out of the fitting room, wearing dress number twenty of the day [http://www.bestbridalprices.com/images/anjolique/large/1006.jpg]. Of course, I was chosen to smile and cheer, no matter what she wore.
“I don’t like this one on me either… I mean, it’s pretty, but I don’t think it flatters me.” She sighed.
“Two seconds, just sit down, I’ll find one for you to try on” I smiled, and walked around in the store for a while. That was when I saw it. The dress that I was going to wear, when Rico would walk me down the aisle, and hand me to Aaron; When everything was okay again. So I picked up the one next to it that was just Hebe’s size and gave it to her [http://www.bestbridalprices.com/images/bonny/spr2010/large/2004.html].
“You’ll look absolutely stunning in this” I smiled. She smiled back at me, grabbed the dress, and walked in to try it. As I had predicted, it looked amazing on her.
“This is the dress… It’s like it’s talking to me. This is the dress…” Hebe smiled. I smiled back at her.
“Why don’t you buy it now, then? The smart people say that if you decide for one dress, it’s difficult to go for another… Plus, it looks brilliant on you!” I weren’t lying; it really did.
“Yeah, I probably should… Gui Gui, will you please do me a favor?” Hebe asked, smiling. I smiled back.
“Of course, bride to be…” I answered with the most cheerful smile I could possibly fake. Just a year ago, I would’ve been rude and told Hebe, or any other girl for that sake, to off, and let me have my man back. But one year ago, I didn’t understand all the aspects of love. Aaron meant so much to me, that I wanted him to have the perfect wedding no matter what. Therefore, I was going to be his just-as-perfect bride. But until he realized that, I was able to play along, and be Hebe’s maid of honor… And of course I wouldn’t want to hurt my friend.
“Will you please stay here, and pick out the dresses for the brides maids? I know that it’s early, but I want to be on the sure side… besides, the wedding is already the fourth of April, and it’s December, which means that we need to plan it over a relatively short period of time…” Hebe smiled. Of course, I nodded.
“Sure… Then you buy that dress, and go home to relax” I said, and smiled. Hebe thanked me, and hurried to pay for the dress.

I was now alone in the store, so I hurried to grab the dress [http://www.bestbridalprices.com/images/christinawu/fall08/jacquelin/large/9859.html], and try it on. It wasn’t easy to put on, but I managed to do it, and when I had done it, I was happy about the results; it looked stunning on me. I couldn’t help but smile, when I saw myself wear the beautiful wedding gown. It just looked simply amazing.
“Miss Hebe didn’t mention that you were getting married too?” One of the salesgirls asked me, with suspect in her eyes.
“Oh, I didn’t realize that you were there… Well, I am, but it’s kind of a secret… Only I and the groom know it, which is why I’m not wearing a ring.” I smiled. “Anyways, this is the dress, and I would like to pay for it know, and come to pick it up at Monday. About the bridesmaid dresses that Hebe wanted me to pick for her…” I looked confident, and pointed at a dress [http://www.bestbridalprices.com/alfred-angelo-bridesmaid-dresses-style-7102-p-59836.html?cPath=3&designers=4]. “The Alfred Angelo dress over there. One in Orange sunset – a size two, one in Maize – size two too, and one in Spearmint – you’ll have to ask Hebe about Ella’s size. Have them delivered as fast as possible; Miss Hebe and Mr. Aaron hate to wait, just like I do.” I smiled. Then I changed back to my regular clothes, paid for the dress and left.

When I was back home at Rico’s place, I was somewhat happy. I then hurried up to find Andy. I sighed; this was the moment. It may not have been too planned, but at the wedding gown store, I had gotten an idea on how to let Aaron taste his own medicine. My cell phone rang.
“Hello, you’re talking to Wu Ying Jie” I said, in a very professional voice.
“Hello, Miss Wu.” I heard Aaron’s voice, joking.
“Aaron, what a pleasant surprise, how is your bride-to-be?” I asked him, with way-too-obvious fake kindness in my voice. I then made an ironic sound.
“She’s just fine, thank you very much. But you aren’t; I just talked to my friend Jiro’s father, who’s the boss of the wedding gown store, and he told me that you bought a dress… Why?” Aaron asked, not understanding himself how obvious it was that he cared.
“Because all of us for some reason have to go for second best. You love me, but marry Hebe. Hebe claims to love Andy in front of you, but marries you. I love you, yet I’ve decided to marry Andy, and Andy loves Hebe but yet has to marry me. Do you see the irony?” I asked Aaron. I bet that he could hear my smirk, as I actually did smirk.
“That’s because all of us would be very hurt if we settled for each other. Hebe and Andy would eventually get tired of having to be so glamorous, and split up…”
“But Andy and I wouldn’t?”
“Let me finish…. We would hurt each other even more, everyday. You would want, and deserve, my soul, my body and my thoughts, but I would never be able to give you what you wanted. I’m not as glamorous as Andy Baker, Qiu Sheng Yi or Alien Huang. I’m not as mature and mysterious as Danson Tang… And I would get very hurt. I would get hurt by how you reminded me of what a monster I am. You’re a cute and innocent girl, Gui Gui. You said it yourself once; I change into something that isn’t you. I make you become worse than when you were a queen bee.” Aaron said, with a deep sigh.
“No, you don’t. When I first met you, I hated myself more than anything. I didn’t know was love was, and I certainly didn’t care about it. Sure, I had been in love with Danson, but that was more like an obsession than real love. Then I met you, and you turned my life upside down. My life was so empty before I had you in it, that you wouldn’t believe it. Everything that meant something to me was popularity, and how to get it quickly. No one cared about my feelings, but then I met you. You saw through all that; you saw the Gui Gui that I hadn’t even been able to see in years… And now you just expect me to give up on you, like nothing ever happened?! Not a chance. I’ll only marry Andy to seem less pitiful, though Hebe, Selina, Show, Genie and you, the ones I love the most, all will know how pathetic I really am. Even after I marry him, I won’t lie about loving you. Is that what you want?” I asked him. I was now crying more than I had ever done in my entire life. But it weren’t tears of sadness; each tear encouraged me to keep on trying until Aaron was mine. He would return to me side; I knew he would.
“But I don’t deserve you… You’ll give up after a few years, and find new love.” Aaron said. I could hear on his voice that he was crying too.
“No, I won’t. I will wait for you until the day I die.” I said, and hung up. I then found Andy.

“I like your plan… maybe that er, Aaron Yan, will be able to understand how much he loves you during it.” Andy smirked. I smiled.
“Thanks for helping me with this little thing, Andy. It really means a lot to me.”

I was in the office at my old school. Christmas break had already ended, and I was trying to talk the old headmistress into letting me back in.
“I don’t see why our teacher’s should waste time on a girl like you. I mean you a lot as a person, Gui Gui, but our school can’t bear to have the Taiwanese Paris Hilton going here. Ever since Aaron Yan got engaged, you’ve been in so many magazines” – I knew this, but I had avoided reading them. I didn’t want to read dirt about myself, that I knew wasn’t true; it would be a waste of time – “Besides… You’ve missed some time, and I don’t know if you can still catch up…”
“Headmistress, please let me continue my school year… I didn’t miss that much, and Aaron will tutor me… Please, please, please…” I begged. “I’ve come on better thoughts; I’m now determined to graduate, and open a designer store together with my fiancé, Andy Baker.”
“Fine… But you have to promise to give a lot of efforts in your studies.” The headmistress sighed. I nodded determined.
“I will; I promise.”

***
PREVIEW:
“It only takes three words; eight letters, and I will wait for you forever.” He said. I looked him into his deep brown eyes.
“Let me alone. I don’t need you waiting for me; I’m getting married to one of the most stylish guys in London.” I said, harshly.
-
His lips were so soft, that I couldn’t believe it. How could I have survived such a long time without feeling them on mine?
“We really shouldn’t be doing this…” I finally came to my senses; it would ruin my plan.
“I don’t care about what we should and shouldn’t. If you really don’t believe that I mean this, then fine, I’ll say those words that means so much to you.”

***
Heey guys (:
New update <3
Gui Gui is determined to get Aaron back now, and she doesn’t hide it <3
Hebe loves Aaron, though…
And what’s with Gui Gui and Andy’s mysterious plan?
You’ll find out in the next chapter: p
Anyways, how are y’all doing?
I wanted to update earlier today, but my boyfriend through five years was here today, so… Yeah…
We had a lot of fun, though (to my erted friends reading this… Fun doesn’t refer to anything ual! xD)
Anyways, thanks so much for all the nice comments!
I love you guys <33
Please comment again <33
-Gril4Life