Chapter 17

My Private Tutor

 

Too much drama pt.1

I was sitting in my room all by myself. Selina and Genie had already gone home for Christmas, which was coming soon, and Show was going to spend Christmas with Ida, whom he had now been with for three months. He had decided to learn how Danes celebrated Christmas, as Ida always had a sparkle in her eyes when she talked about it.
But I wasn’t going home for Christmas; I had gotten a job. I had talked to some of my father’s old friends, and I was now preparing models for fashion shows, together with my new friend, and the ultra-gay stepson of my father’s friend; Andy. I was also going to stay at Andy, Eduardo (Rico’s boyfriend), Kate and Rico (my father’s friend)’s house. I had just signed the last papers before quitting school. The others didn’t know it, but they would eventually find out. The only thing I needed to do now was to say goodbye to Aaron forever. For some reason I had already told Andy about our old relationship, and he was very supportive; the love of his life, had acted towards him as Aaron did towards me. Afterwards, he had dumped her, and his emotional safety had turned him gay. “It’s much easier with guys; I can figure out what they’re thinking. Girls are SO complicated” he always said.
I grabbed my bags, and walked towards Aaron’s door. It was now or never; I had to be fearless. I had to be strong. I had to be the Wu Ying Jie that no one dared to go agienst. I had to be the Wu Ying Jie that had died a long time ago. I walked towards Aaron’s room, and knocked on his door. He didn’t respond, so I decided to walk towards the Music-room instead. The music room was the location where the two of us had met the first time. When I thought about it, it was probably also the best place to end this emotional rollercoaster. Andy had explained it very well. “You think that you can’t do without him, but you can. You’re an amazingly beautiful girl, and a guy like him doesn’t deserve you. He must’ve realized that too, so he found a girl that wouldn’t outshine him.”
I sighed, and opened the door. I already knew that he was in there, ‘cause he was playing the piano and singing.
“Sitting here wasted and wounded, at this old piano… Trying hard to capture the moment, this morning I don’t know…”
I sighed again.
“’Cause a bottle of vodka’s still lodged in my head, and some blonde gave me nightmares, I think that she’s still in bed… As I dream about movies they won’t make of me when I’m dead.”
I opened the door slowly.
“With an ironclad fist, I wake up and French kiss the morning… While some marching band keeps its own beat in my head while we’re talking…”
I decided to listen for a while.
“About all of the things that I long to believe, about love, the truth, what you mean to me, and the truth is… Baby you’re all that I need. I wanna lay you down on a bed of roses. For the night I’ll sleep on a bed of nails. I wanna be, just as close as, your holy ghost is… Wanna lay you down on a bed of roses” he finished the chorus, and I started clapping.
“What a beautiful song. I bet your girlfriend would be touched if she heard you sing Bon Jovi to her. You’d be surprised; most girls fall for that romantic . Well, that’s their loss; they’ll end up getting fooled by a guy like you.” I said, and looked him straight in the eyes.
“Gui Gui… Bloody hell… What are you doing here?” Aaron asked, being too surprised to hide his shock. 1-0 to me.
“Don’t worry; I’m not here to create more rumors about why the two of us broke up. I’m just here to say goodbye. I always keep my promises, and I promised you to leave the school. You can be with your manipulative tart, and I get the opportunity to work with fashion.” I smirked. I had prepared it all, and even though I wanted to cry, I wouldn’t in front of Aaron.
“Well, what about Wang Zi and your friends?” Aaron asked. I could see the urge he had to ask ‘what about me’, but I ignored him. I deserved better.
“Wang Zi’s history, and as for the girls and Show… We can still see each other in weekends.” I smiled.
“What about you loving me? Are you just gonna throw that away for some random fashion career?”
“Well, what’s the use in chasing something that obviously never will be mine, Aaron? If you want me to stay, there is a way. It only takes three words, eight letters to make me wait for you forever.” I looked at him with serious eyes. “But you can’t say them, can you?”
“I… I… Think I…”
“That was all I needed to hear. Bye bye, Aaron.” I said, and walked away. When I walked out, I was crying. Unfortunately, Amber and her friends were standing outside the room where Aaron and I had just been talking.
“Who the do you think you are, to be alone with my man?” Amber asked. Did I say friends? Let me correct that; minions.
“Well, I was wondering why I hadn’t seen your annoying face and your army of s yet, but I guess I found you.” I shrugged, and turned away from them.
“Not so fast, Wu Ying Jie. I heard what you told my boyfriend, and I’m not gonna go easy on you!” Amber yelled at me.
“Well, as you can probably see on the mascara marks on my cheeks, my approach to make your boyfriend tell me that he loved me didn’t work, so why would you even bother to bully me today?” I asked her, and rolled my eyes.
“Because you’re ruining Hebe’s plan, which means that you’re ruining my job! And how can you just leave Wang Zi like that?! The two of you just broke up, and you already start chasing somebody else! He deserves much better… He’s so handsome and amazing!” Amber yelled.
“How much did Hebe offer you? I’ll offer you twice as much if you leave me alone…”
“Hebe offered me 6 million TWD, a job in her father’s company, and the throne at the school when she moves to New York next year.” Amber smirked, waiting for my offer.
“12 million TWD, the throne in either this, or Taipei Private Art high school, tickets for Rico Baker’s show in the London Fashion week, and a date with Wang Zi.” I looked challenging at her. “All you have to do is to leave me alone, and tell Aaron that this was all a scheme… Oh, and make sure that he doesn’t beg to come back to him when you dump him.
Amber looked like she was thinking, and then started debating with her minions. She then agreed.
“A date with Wang Zi? Fine, I’ll do it. But I want half of the money now, and I want you to call Wang Zi in front of me.” She said, looking serious. I smiled, found my check book, and wrote a 6 million TWD check for her, and then signed it. She took it away from me, and looked at me like she expected more. I then dialed Wang Zi’s number.
“Hello, Wang Zi? I have this perfect blind date for you. Meet her at the Grande Park café tomorrow, eleven AM sharp. Tootles.” I said, and hung up. Amber then walked in to Aaron.
“Aaron, baby! That annoying girl, Wu Ying Jie, tried to pay me to dump you! Look.” She said, and probably showed him the check. I didn’t know, as I couldn’t see.
“Bloody hell…” I quickly walked towards the cafeteria.

“Wu Ying Jie?! What is this?!” Aaron yelled at me, almost threatening, while showing me the check that I had written to Amber.
“The payment I gave your little girlfriend to stop following me, and to tell you the truth. I was supposed to give her half before and half after she told you. Unfortunately the little tart chose to lie instead, which makes me cancel all of the payment, including the throne, tickets the Rico Baker show in London fashion week, and a blind date with Wang Zi… Too bad for her. But on the other hand, she will still get the throne and the 12 million, as Hebe is also paying her to scheme agienst me.” I smiled. I was finally telling the truth.
“YOU EXPECT ME TO BELIEVE THAT?! HOW DARE YOU WU YING JIE?! AFTER THAT SPEECH YOU GAVE ME?! HOW DARE YOU?!” he yelled at me, pinning me agienst the wall, looking at me like he was going to hit me in the next second.
“Hit me. Come on, do it. I know you want to. It’ll probably also help you get out the frustration about your girlfriend being so ty. Do it. I won’t tell anyone.” I whispered in a provoking way, so only he could hear it. “Haven’t you ever wondered how it would feel to express your anger like that, huh?”
His hand was about to hit me, when someone grabbed it. Someone I didn’t expect to be there for me. Someone that I hated.

“Aaron Yan, why are you being such a crazy retard? I knew that you had issues, but please, almost hitting your ex girlfriend in the cafeteria in front of everyone?” Hebe looked angry. Why was she helping me? “Only a crazy bastard would do that.”
“Who are you to speak? You paid someone to ruin my life; you’re just as bad as Jolin.” My words seemed like poison.
“Well, actually Jolin paid her. I was just the person handing over the checks and instructions… But then I realized that I never had to use this method to get what I wanted. Jolin makes one very bad queen bee.” Hebe smirked.
“I know, right? It’s such a disgrace to have her as my sister! I mean, she’s SO annoying. She has paid people to ruin my life ever since I was a little girl.” It was nice to talk to someone like Hebe again; it made me feel glamorous. Then I realized that we were still in the Hebe-blocking-Aaron’s-fist position.
“Aaron, would you please let me go? Andy is waiting for me… Hey, Hebe, I’ll put you and Ella’s names on the VIP list to Rico Baker’s fashion show. Just don’t bring Jolin… She won’t under any circumstances be let in.” I said, as Aaron loosened his grip on me.
“Thanks. Oh, and remember, three words, eight letters. Nothing else will do it. See you at the show, Hebe…” I said, and walked away. I had already said goodbye to Aaron, so I didn’t feel the need to do it again.
“Wu Ying Jie!” Aaron yelled at me when I was about to leave. Knowing everyone in the cafeteria stared at us in excitement. I turned around and looked at him. That was when his lips crashed onto mine. In a moment of shock, I was about to respond the kiss, but then I used my mind. A simple kiss didn’t necessarily mean that he loved me. It could mean so, but he hadn’t actually told me that he did yet. If I was unlucky, which I was pretty often, it only meant that he loved my body, and not my mind. That was when I came to sense, and pushed him away.
“How dare you?!” I yelled, while a placed hard slap right onto his left cheek. Then I ran away from him, never to see him again.

It was raining, but I didn’t care; I had to continue running. Running away from everything, running away from those people who had seen the terribly embarrassing scene… but most of all, running away from Aaron. How dared that guy to even touch me? And more importantly, why did he want to kiss me anyways? I wasn’t dressed awfully attractive or anything…
“Why are you bloody running?” I heard Andy’s voice say. I turned around, and smiled at him.
“Oh my gosh, hurry into my car, you look terrible!” he told me with his very British accent, and opened the door to his Porsche for me. I felt kind of cool in that moment… Especially because some of Jolin’s minions were watching, and I loved to make Jolin annoyed.
Andy got into the car himself, and his chauffeur started driving. He then turned his attention towards me.
“Gui Gui, what happened?” he asked me, with a truly worried face. If Andy hadn’t been ultra-gay, or just normal gay, I bet that I would’ve kissed him. He had a beautifully handsome face, and though he had lots of feminine features, like amazingly long, dark eyelashes that framed his eyes, he still looked brilliant. He was probably the prettiest boy I had ever seen, and he was so caring… He treated me like no guy had ever done. He treated me like his best friend.
“I told him what you told me to do, and he didn’t respond… Then I paid Amber to leave me alone, and to tell her the truth, but she made him think that I paid her to dump him, which caused him to almost beat the crap out of me… Then Hebe came to my rescue, and Aaron forcibly kissed me, which caused me to slap him and run.” I said, casually.
“I told you he wasn’t worth it… What a jerk he is. And, I mean, he can’t be so handsome that it can compensate for his bad behavior; everyone knows that only I can” Andy caused me to laugh uncontrollably. Even though he was right, it was still funny. I decided to ignore the rightness in his words, and hit him playfully on his arm.
“Please, if you were straight, NO girl would possibly like you” I smirked. Both of us knew that I didn’t mean it.
“Oh, you’re going to apologize for that one, Wu Ying Jie!” Andy said, and started tickling me. I started laughing. This was a real friendship.

I was at work, helping Rico to make his clothes fit the models that were going to wear it, when I got an idea.
“Rico? The material you used to create this dress is in a very bad quality, and if I change anything about the dress, I risk ruining it.” I looked at Rico, pouting. He walked towards me, and took a look at the dress. He then looked confused.
“You’re absolutely right… And Jenny is obviously too skinny to wear it. We have to get a model that’s curvier than Jenny… Do you think that she can switch with Felicity?” Rico asked me. I liked how he appreciated my opinion. Therefore, I gave him my honest opinion.
“Well, Jenny wouldn’t be a fit for the finale dress if you ask me… But we COULD get another model for her dresses? I know someone who would be more than happy to model for you” I smiled. Selina had always wanted to be a model, and I was going to help her; if she could become Rico’s model, she could become everyone’s model.
“Do you have a picture of her?” Rico asked. I sighed.
“Rico, have you ever seen me not be prepared when I tell you something huge like this? I brought many pictures of her… I also have some information that may be useful. Her name is Selina Ren. She’s seventeen years old, and her birthday is the 31th of October. She’s originally from Taiwan, and her Chinese name is Ren Jia Xuan. She’s 1.63 meters tall, and she weights 45 kg. Her hair is dyed light brown, and her star sign is Scorpio.” I smiled gently. Then I found my folder, with pictures of my friends and I. I quickly found some photos of Selina.
“She looks like an angel, which would be good for the show. Please contact her within the next two days, and inform me on whether or not she wants to take part in it.” – He looked at his watch – “but looks like you have the rest of the day off. See you at home, Wu Ying Jie.”