Chapter 15

My Private Tutor

 

I hate rats

I was sitting in my room, and looking at the wall. I was thinking about whether I should let Aaron be happy, or if I should fight for him. Of course I had to let him be happy, and I already knew it, but somehow I felt that he deserved better than that little tart, Amber. She wasn’t pretty whatsoever; she was actually quite plain. She wasn’t tall, she didn’t have long legs, and she didn’t know how to dress properly. I didn’t get why anyone would ever date a girl like her? No one wanted to date me when I was like her. In fact, my best friend was only friends with me ‘cause he was paid to be by Jolin. It was all Jolin’s fault, my head kept on repeating, though it knew that it wasn’t. This was my own fault.
Someone knocked on the door. I quickly dried away my tears, and added a new coat of mascara. Then I sighed.
“Come in!” I yelled, tiredly. The door opened, and in walked the clique.
“Wu Ying Jie, how are you feeling?” Hebe asked, with a big fake smile covering her face. I stared her down.
“What the hell are you doing here, Hebe Tian? I don’t think you read the sign on the outside of the door; pets are not allowed to enter” I smiled cruelly.
“Listen, Wu Ying Jie, we really need you.” Jolin smirked. “We’re planning on plotting agienst that Amber-girl that Aaron is dating. Of course we need you to make her a part of your clique, so we can prove to Aaron that she is just like us!”
I sighed. “You have issues.”
We may not like each other, but that little tart doesn’t deserve Aaron. Are you in, Wu Ying Jie?” Hebe asked me, and looked evil. I thought about it for a second. On one hand, I had nothing to lose, but on the other hand, there was nothing in it for me. It wouldn’t get me any closer to Aaron, and if I was really unlucky, he would hate me even more.
“There’s nothing in it for me. I don’t see why I should mess with Aaron’s girlfriend.” I sighed. I had to all the poison out of my life, and stopping being a would be a nice start.
“But there is something in it for you; you get to show how great you are. You don’t have to keep her, you can just throw her away afterwards” Hebe smirked. That was when I realized how evil she really was, which meant I also realized how evil I was myself.
“Even if it meant that I could get Aaron back, I still wouldn’t do it. I’m done with him. He was the one who did the unforgiveable thing. I don’t need him, nor do I need you guys.All I need, is to be happy, and to have good friends around me. I have, and I am, so I don’t need anything else.” I said.*
The door smashed open.
“Gui Gui! Gui Gui, Aaron and Show are fighting!” Selina sounded really worked up. “They’re just fighting!”
“Where?!” I asked her. She just looked scared. “SELINA! Tell me where!!!” I yelled. I couldn’t let Aaron be hurt.
“In the hall outside of the music room…” I ran faster than I had ever done, and faster than I thought I could.

I was standing in the hall. I saw Show and Aaron punching, kicking and scratching each other, which made me sad.
“Just let me talk to her! I have something important to tell her!” Aaron yelled, avoiding one of Show’s punches. I could see that they had quite a big crowd, including Amber.
“No! I won’t let you hurt her again, Aaron Yan! Do you know how broken she’s been since last time the two of you talked?!” Show asked, and punched Aaron in the stomach, making him fall. I could feel my eyes tear up again; my best friend and my ex boyfriend were fighting because of me.
“I just told her the truth… And she knows that very well!” Aaron shouted, and kicked Show, to get some time to stand up.
“Well, do you want to know the truth about you, Aaron Yan?! You love her! But you’re too much of a jerk to realize it! I love her too, but in another way; she’s my friend. All I’m doing is to protect her from getting hurt!” Show yelled, and punched Aaron in the face.
“NO!” I heard my own voice yell. Everyone looked at me. I was terrified.
“Gui Gui?” Aaron asked. People started whispering.
“You wanted to talk to me? Then say what you want now. I can take it.” I said, like nothing mattered. In fact, nothing did matter; Aaron wasn’t mine.
Show looked at Aaron in a weird way, but then decided not to fight him. I was after all the reason that they fought.
“Not in front of everyone. I don’t think that you want the whole school to hear this…” Aaron said, in a low voice. I rolled my eyes.
“I don’t care about everyone listening; I have nothing to hide about our breakup, relationship, friendship or fight.” I said, bravely.
“Fine… Then I’ll just say it. I want you to stop messing with my girlfriend. She’s just a victim in this case, and I don’t think you’re being fair by trying to make her leave me. I actually thought that you would be nice about this breakup, but I guess I was wrong.” Aaron sighed.
“I’m tired of being wronged by you, Aaron Yan. I’m tired of you always thinking that everything is my fault. I don’t know who is messing with your girlfriend, but it’s CERTAINLY not me. Why would I do that, huh?! Why would I even CARE about who you’re dating, huh?! For your information, your ex girlfriend, her queen and their puppy is trying to do something, and trying to make me join it, but I rejected it!” – I looked at him with teary eyes – “if you think that I would still be messing with you, you never really knew me.”
“Oh, I never knew you? Well then, why did you make Mr. Alien Huang’s affair move to Japan, huh? Why did you make him the most hated person in school, huh?” Aaron asked.
“Oh my gosh, you’re comparing US to me and Alien?! I have never put as much effort into a relationship, as I have with you. I didn’t even love Alien, Aaron Yan. But for your information, I loved you.” I looked him in the eyes.
“Come Show, he’s not worth the effort; he’ll wrong your reasons for fighting him later.” I said, and dragged Show away. Then I started to cry.

I was sitting in my room, all by myself. Then my cell phone ringed.
“Hello Wu Ying Jie. Don’t say anything, just listen. Meet us in room 341 in exactly half an hour. Come alone. If you don’t show up, we’ll hurt someone you love.” A voice said, and then the person hung up. I sighed deeply.
“WHY ME?!” I yelled, and punched the wall. Yeah, why me? Why did everyone even hate me so much? To me, it was a riddle.

I opened the door to room 341, and sighed. The lights were off, but there were obviously a few people.
“Hello, Wu Ying Jie.” Jolin’s voice said. I smiled a little. It was these three again.
“Hi …” I answered, smirking. I was in the mood for some fighting.
“Hello, hussy.” Hebe answered.
“Quite the talking!” Jolin yelled. “Wu Ying Jie, I’m sorry that we have to go this far, but we do. We kind of need you to place a rat in that little tramp, Amber’s bed.” Jolin smiled.
“And what’s in it for me?” I asked them, while yawning.
“Well, I’m sure that you want Aaron to stay at this school, and if you don’t, Hebe’s parents will transfer him to another, cheaper and worse, boarding school. What do you say? Are you in?” Jolin smirked. I didn’t know what to do; I couldn’t not do it, yet it would be against even my ethics to put a rat into another girl’s bed; I usually had people for that.
“Okay, I’ll do it.” I lied. I would make Genie do it, as I had a very big phobia for rats.

“All you have to do is to put the rat in the box into the little tart’s bed, and everything will be fine…” I smiled at Genie. She looked kind of scared.
“Gui Gui, didn’t we have an agreement? You can’t harm Amber just because she’s Aaron’s girlfriend! If we should harm anyone, it has to be Aaron himself…”Selina said, blaming me. I sighed.
“You wouldn’t understand this, Selina… It’s not to get revenge… It’s more like… Us testing Genie’s loyalty…” I smiled brightly.
“Wait… We’re being mean again?” Selina questioned.
“No, we’re getting the little hussy someone to sleep next to.” I smirked evilly. “It’s actually a good deed if you think about it; her boyfriend is the most boring guy that I have ever dated.” I yawned.
“Come on, Gui Gui, you don’t use that word… Jolin does though, and this sounds like one of Hebe’s insane plans. What do they have on you, since you’re doing this?” Selina asked me. I sighed.
“Listen, Sel, they have nothing on me. It’s just that I don’t like Amber, and new ones always has to do a few disgusting things.

It was the day after the whole rat-incident. Hebe, Ella and Jolin were impressed with me, Selina was frustrated by me, and Genie was very eager to talk about how brave she had been.
“I mean, when I first saw the rat I didn’t think I could do it, but it was all so easily done! It’s like; I suddenly gained a lot of courage!” Genie smiled cheerfully.
“Well, then I guess that you don’t mind stealing all of Jolin’s Dior perfumes” I smirked at her. She quickly went silent. I felt a pang of bad conscience, but quickly shook it off; it wasn’t my fault, they were threatening to remove Aaron from his happiness. I couldn’t fight against that, and I just hoped that Aaron would understand if he knew. A teacher poked my shoulder.
“Miss Wu, I’m afraid I have to tell you to come to my office.” He said, with a serious face. I just nodded and followed him. He opened the door to his office, and asked me to take a seat. I could see that Aaron and Amber was already sitting.
“I think you know why you’re here.” The teacher stared me down.
“Actually I… Really don’t. But can you please make this quick, so no one thinks that I’m associated with these people?” I asked, and stared Aaron and Amber down. How I wished that it was my hand that he was holding my hand, instead of hers. How I wish, that he wouldn’t look at me with such hatred in his eyes… How I wish that he had never found out about the abortion.
“Miss Wu, this is NO time to be joking.” The teacher said.
“I’m not joking. I’m dead serious. Now, can you please tell me why I’m here, so we can get this over with, and I can find my friends again?” I asked, and rolled my eyes in a y way. I sneaked a peek at Aaron. How I hated to pretend in front of him.
“Then I’ll tell you the whole story. This night, Miss Haven was waked up by a scream from Miss Zhang’s room. When she arrived to the room, Miss Zhang was crying, and terrified by a rat that someone had put into her bed. Miss Tian, Miss Chen, and Miss Tsai claim that…”
“Wu Ying Jie did it!” the little tart cried. I could see her smirk, through her tears. Aaron looked at me in a blaming way. It almost made me throw up.
“Please, why would I even touch a rat? If you knew how afraid I was of rats, you would know that I wouldn’t dare to even get close to one…” I rolled my eyes again.
“Well, then how do you explain this?” Amber asked, and found something from her purse. When I realized what that something was, I almost cried. It was the ‘E’ necklace that my father had given me when I was only three years old. I couldn’t help but think Jolin.
“Give that to me!” I said, and grabbed it, but she refused to let go. The tears in my eyes now turned obvious.
“Little tart. I’m not joking. If you don’t give me the only thing I own that reminds me of my father, I’ll make you regret it for good.” I said. I could feel the anger running through my body, and how my face turned redder and redder. Luckily Aaron came to my rescue.
“Amber, give Gui Gui her necklace. Don’t bring yourself down to her level; she isn’t worth the trouble.” Aaron said, and looked at me with the most deadly glare I had ever seen. I tried to return it, but ended up looking at him with pleading eyes. At that very moment, I wished that he knew how much I loved him. I wondered if he would’ve called me a if he knew.
Amber sighed, and gave me my necklace, though she looked like she didn’t want to.
“Okay, I admit it; I was the one putting the rat in this little tart’s bed, but if you guys knew why I did it, you would understand me. And… And I just couldn’t bear to let them… Anyways… Please trust me!” I was sobbing between almost every word, and my tears were now running down my small cheeks, to leave black marks of mascara, and a weird, tight, dry feeling.
“Jealousy is an ugly thing, Miss Wu. I hope you won’t let it control you. Anyways, this time you’ll get off with one week of detention, but the next time something like this happen, I’m afraid I’ll have to take away your role in the school musical.” The teacher sighed.
“No need for the last thing; I don’t feel like participating.” I dried off my tears, and turned to look at Aaron. “Take this as a warning; if I ever see you touching my necklace again, I’ll show you how evil I can really me. And by this, I don’t just mean by making someone move to Japan. I have a hidden side.” I said, and was about to leave, when Aaron grabbed my arm.
“Amber, just walk, I need to talk to Wu Ying Jie.” He said. Amber nodded, obeying Aaron, and left. Aaron dragged me out of the office, and to the corner.
“You’re making it very hard not to wrong you, if this isn’t how you really are. Gui Gui, I hope you understand why I didn’t want you back… I’m tired of mystery, and drama, and…”
“How have you been?” I asked him, looking into his eyes. He seemed shocked by my question. I just looked at him. “How have you been since we broke up? Is Amber good to you?”
“Of course she is; she really makes me happy… She’s so simple, and down to earth. She’s exactly what I need” he smiled.
“That’s all I needed to know. Thank you.” I said, and started to walk. Aaron then grabbed my arm, and turned me around. This was the moment I had been waiting for. This would be the moment where Aaron would confess his secret to me, and kiss me. Or at least show that he loved me through his eyes. I then sighed. Aaron didn’t love me, what was I thinking? He had a girlfriend.
“What about you? How have you been?” He asked. I looked him into his big, deep brown eyes. Then my gaze travelled down to his perfectly-shaped lips. I remembered when they were kissing mine. My gaze travelled further down to his muscular arms, and my mind travelled with my eyes, remembering every time they had held me.
“I miss you. I miss having you at my side, and I miss having you to help me make the right decision. I miss you to shelter me from Hebe, Ella and Jolin. I miss having the chance, to tell you how much I love you. I hope that Amber knows how fortunate she is. I hope for her that she doesn’t miss the chance to be yours, like I did.” I sighed and made a decision spontaneously. I thought that it would be a beautiful thing to do. “Therefore, I’ll try to convince my mother to let me move back. My grades are improving, so it shouldn’t be a problem.”

***
PREVIEW:
I was at my fifth Tequila sunrise, and so drunk that everyone in the distance of one hundred meters would be able to see it. I took another sip, and could quickly feel my stomach protesting. I ran to the bathroom, and threw at least four Tequila sunrises up.
-
“Oh my gosh, Aaron, Amber! What a pleasant surprise! I suppose that you’ve heard of my boyfriend, Alien?”

***
Heey guys (:
I know, I know; I’m an evil author that doesn’t update in time, and disappoints her beloved readers…
But I’ll make it up for you Thursday-Sunday (:
Did you like the chapter?
I sure hope so; I’ve ditched my French homework for tomorrow to write it, and my French teacher already hates me… Well, whatever…
“Mirror, Mirror on the wall, who’s going to Beijing in the fall?” – That’s right, me, Blitz and Natti!! *Huhu* <33
I can’t wait (:
Oh, and today I bought a gift for my friend, who just got an operation *Shhh* (Lol, she reads this anyways xD)
Thanks for all of your extremely lovely comments – I wouldn’t be able to survive without them <3
(Just so you know, that was me trying to make you keep on commenting xD)
If any silent readers out there… Please give a sound (: I would appreciate that (:

-Gril4Life