Chapter 6

My Private Tutor

 

The Weird Caller

Recap:
“I guess you don’t know Ying Jie as well as you’re saying? Last time a guy cheated on her he ended up being completely ditched by her everyone, even though he was the most wanted guy in the whole school. The girl was sent to an all girls’ school in Japan” Aaron said and smiled. I wondered how he knew it, but at that time I didn’t care.
“Alien Huang…” Wang Zi said, but then he noticed that Aaron had already walked away – towards me.
***

When he reached where I stood, both of us were silent. Wang Zi had already closed the door, but none of us really cared.
“We should go back to the music room… I could help you practice the song” Aaron suggested. I smiled, and nodded.
Both of us were silent, but sometimes people didn’t have to talk to know what the other one was thinking about. It was the first time I had experienced this feeling. I wondered what was wrong with me; I only wanted to get Aaron to take over Hebe’s place, so why was I feeling like this? Why was I even feeling anything about him?
We reached the music room. Aaron opened the door, and I looked at his hand. He had the most beautiful, long fingers I had ever seen. I smiled. We walked in, and both took place on the little bench placed in front of the piano.
“Gui Gui, remember this. A guy who makes you cry isn’t worth crying over.” Aaron suddenly said. I was surprised by him breaking the silence.
“I know… But Aaron... you seem like a nice guy…”
“Yes?”
”What are you doing with Hebe? You know she doesn’t love you. I think she sees you more like a trophy.” I didn’t know why I told him. He obviously wouldn’t trust me anyways.
“Because I’m like that.” He answered.
“No you aren’t.” I said, and rolled my eyes. I was good at sensing lies. Just as good as I was at lying.
”Listen, Gui Gui. Then, can you explain what you’re doing in this superficial world? I can sense that you’re something else too. You’re too nice to be a hardcore girl.” Aaron sighed.
“I grew up to be like this… Originally I was this little tomboy, but then I fell in love with a guy who didn’t want me. He was only interested in the school’s queen bee. Therefore I changed myself, in order to get him. I became a part of the clique, and not long after, the leader. I got a boyfriend I didn’t love, but this guy never noticed me, and then he graduated. By that time I had already gotten addicted to power, popularity and plastic. You’re turn” I said, and smiled in a bubbly way. I was almost my old self.
“It’s a very long story... I grew up to be with Hebe.” Aaron tried.
“Aaron? Explain.”
“When I was a little boy I was abandoned by my mother on the streets… She didn’t want me, because my father didn’t want her. I remember her words very clearly. ‘Wouldn’t it be better if we both just died? Then your father would be SO happy’.
Then this nice, gentle lady found me. She was Mrs. Tian’s mother. Firstly Mrs. Tian didn’t want me either, but then she realized how well I could play the piano. She decided to let me stay – as a servant. Hebe saw me playing the piano, and decided that she wanted me to be her boyfriend. Hebe always gets what she wants, and this was no exception. Her mother set up us, and why would I protest? The family had saved my life.” Aaron explained. He looked all sad when he said it, and I didn’t know what to do. Usually when my friends cried, I would pretend to comfort them.
“Well, you get the last cookie” I joked. Aaron laughed with me.
“So, I hurt Chun talk about your father’s accident… How did that happen?” Aaron asked me sincerely.
“I don’t want to talk about my father, nor do I want to talk about my sister. I was thrilled that she left.” I said harshly. I blinked away the tears, that was starting to appear in my eyes.
“You know what? I don’t believe that you don’t care about your sister. I think you care a lot.” Aaron said, just as harshly.
“Well I don’t. Why would I? No one ever cared for me when she was around. Everything was always about her. Everyone thought that she was so perfect. She wasn’t; she stole other people’s crushes. She got good grades. She didn’t even blame me for hating her!” I yelled in anger. The tears became clearer.
Aaron didn’t say, nor did anything, before he pulled me into a comforting hug.
“We better start practicing… Show is going to be mad if I mess up tomorrow” I finally said, and smiled.
“Which is why that I’m going to play for you tomorrow, and you are going shopping with Hebe” Aaron laughed.

The day afterwards was a Saturday, and Selina, Ella, Hebe, and I went shopping, while poor Aaron was playing the piano for Show. We were very busy discussing the latest gossip; Wang Zi cheating on me. With a zero.
“Oh my gosh, I still can’t believe that he would do that! He’s so… Uhh, doesn’t this lipstick look good on me?” Hebe asked.
“I know, right? He had all the chances... I mean, I should’ve seen it coming. He cheated on Tong in the past – and you look fabulous.” I answered.
“Sometimes I think that Aaron cheats on me… Lately he has been all dreamy, and not listening… Yesterday he wouldn’t even tell me where he had been…” Hebe said. I got a bad feeling, and my face suddenly turned warm.
“Come on, sweety. Aaron would never do such a thing. And even if he did, he would regret it a lot. You now how much he needs you” Ella said, with pressure on the last ‘you’. I had a feeling that she looked at me.
“Yeah Hebe…” I and Selina said at the same time. Selina’s cell phone suddenly started ringing. Her ringtone was ‘party in the USA’ by Miley Cyrus. After hearing that song way too many times (it was Tong Tong’s favorite), I had started hating it.
“Hello?” we heard her say.
“Oh my gosh, really?! I can’t believe that he was hanging out with HER!” I stated getting a bad feeling. Where they talking about yesterday?
“I’ll tell her right away… Bye!” she said, and hung up. Then she looked at me.
“Ying Jie…” she said. “I’m so sorry that I need to tell you this, but your ex boyfriend is moving on very quickly…” She said. I sighed. I almost thought that she knew about Aaron hugging me.
“Really? What’s the name of the girl?
“I really don’t…
“Sel, tell her the name of the girl!” Hebe demanded.
“Okay, her name is Juliette Carlson. She’s one of the few British girls who go to our school. Some boys think that she’s fabulous, but in reality she’s a .” Selina explained.
“Well, Wang Zi has always been quite a Casanova… I was just stupid enough to think that he would change after meeting me. Oh well, his loss.” I smiled.
“You know, it’s funny, Aaron has always been the complete opposite of Wang Zi… He’s very thoughtful, mystical and grateful. He’s the perfect guy for me” Hebe pointed out. I could see on her eyes, that she was trying to make me jealous, and it worked.
“Well, he sounds boringly formal… You guys probably grew up together. Your personalities are very different.” I said, with a warm, fake smile on my lips.
“Yes, we did grow up together. I know that we’re different, but you know what they say… Opposites attracts” Hebe smiled. I sighed. I had to act as her friend. I couldn’t get too carried away; that would ruin my plan.
“Yeah, and you guys are the CUTEST couple… But I’ve heard some of the guys he has P.E with say that he’s gay, though” I looked like I felt bad for her. Hebe smiled.
“That rumor started because he was so loyal to me, that he didn’t even look at other girls. People went crazy, and said he was gay” Hebe smirked. My cell phone rang. I answered it.
“Hello?” I asked. I hadn’t looked at the caller ID yet.
“Wu Ying Jie. I know your secret.” A mystical voice said.
“What secret are you blabbering about?” I asked in a hesitating tone. I had many secrets, and this was probably one of my public ones.
“Well, a few. But let me say, if I was you, I would meet up with me RIGHT now, instead of shopping around with the friend that you’ve already betrayed.” The person said. I yawned.
“Oh, Tong Tong, you’re in the country to surprise me?! Where do you want me to meet you?” I quickly made up and excuse.
“The Park Plaza riverbank London hotel. I’ll be in the lobby. Be there in thirty minutes. Don’t be late.” The person hung up.
“Okay, bye” I said, and looked at the girls. “I’m sorry, I gotta go. One of my very best friends is in England just to meet me… See ya”
I flounced out of the store, with my two expensive looking plastic bags, from designer stores, smiling… Until I got out of the car. I hailed a cap, and said the name of the hotel. It started driving, while I was wondering about the weird caller.

***
Heey guys (;
I’m so sorry that I haven’t updated in a long time, but I’ve had SO much to do…
My dad is changing EVERYTHING in our apartment, which he needs my help for, and his girlfriend has been here a lot lately, too…
And then there’s school, which is kind of a big deal to me right now, as I’m trying to get myself together, and do my homework… It’s not going very well, though xD
And then I have to see my grandparents a lot, too…
And I have a lot of TW dramas to watch xD I’m currently watching Autumn’s concerto, and Down With Love, and they’re both really good (:
I love Xiao Xiao Bin’s acting, he’s soooo cute <3
And last, but not least, I also have my other fanfic, Winter Wonderland to write, and Falling For my fake Girlfriend, together with Blitz (:
Thanks for all the nice comments, and please comment on this chapter (:
-Gril4Life