4th piece

Puzzle
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

The next morning, Jimin was walking with Taehyung to school. Turns out, Taehyung had an extra set of the uniform in his book bag so he didn't have to stop by his house. Jimin finds it fascinating that almost anything could be found in that book bag of his. They reached the school and had a few minutes before class started, so they decided to hang out by Jimin's locker and sit on the floor.
 

"So, do you still want to be friends with Jin?" asked Taehyung as he placed his book bag on his lap.
 

"I don't know..." replied Jimin while leaning back against the lockers.
 

"I can try talking to him again and see what else I can find out." suggested Taehyung.
 

"Thanks, Taehyung, but I think it's best if I just let it go for now." said Jimin with a small smile.
 

"If that's what you want." said Taehyung with a pout, but then his face lit up as he ped his book bag and rummaged through it.
 

He pulled out an orange and handed it to Jimin, who looked at it with a raised eyebrow; both of them definitely had breakfast this morning.
 

"What's this?" asked Jimin as he took it anyway.
 

"Just a little energy booster." replied Taehyung with a grin, "Plus, the color orange is optimistic and uplifting. So if your day starts to , eat this and it'll instantly raise your spirits because not only is it orange, it's full of vitamin C."
 

"Where do you learn these things?" asked Jimin with an amused laugh.
 

Taehyung just gave him that cute box smile, making Jimin shake his head while a smile appeared on his face. They talked for a little more and when there were about ten minutes to class time, they got up and Taehyung insisted walking Jimin to his class.
 

"I have longer legs and can easily run to class to make it on time." Taehyung had said with a grin, making Jimin pinch his arm.
 

As they walked, Jimin listened as Taehyung started talking about a new recipe his grandmother had taught him. He was using all these cooking and measuring terms that Jimin didn't really understand, but he still listened because Taehyung looked so enthusiastic about it. They reached his classroom and Taehyung made sure to hug Jimin tight like a mother leaving their child in school for the first time would before leaving. Jimin took his seat and smiled while looking at the orange his friend had given him before putting it in his book bag for later.


===================================================


Jin was feeling restless as he tapped his pencil against his open notebook, eyes looking out the closed classroom window instead of the teacher. He just can't seem to get Jimin out of his head. It was so much easier before, before the younger had bumped into him, but now it's like every thought led back to him. He never meant to get this interested in someone and he never meant to trick their mind like this. But what he felt there was just too good to pull away.
 

Jimin was definitely different. While Jin could read others like open books, Jimin was much more difficult. He wasn't as open as the others and that aroused an almost nonexistent curiosity in Jin. The latter knew it was possible to seep in, but it would take a lot more energy. Like that incident in the hall, Jin caught just a glimpse of how delicate yet strong the younger's mind is.
 

And he wanted more.
 

So he called it karma, when he saw Jimin's name tag on the floor. This was his second chance to collect more of what that unique soul was about. But yet again, Jin was left wishing for more when all he saw was how determined Jimin was to put up a wall, a block that frustrated Jin to no end. It was like trying to find your way through a maze, but blindfolded. It's funny, actually, how easy Jimin's face was to read because he's so expressive... but his mind was like trying to read a dead language.
 

Jin wonders why he could hear Jimin so clearly at times, but not at all when he concentrated. It was simple with Taehyung, the latter didn't have his guard up at all and that was how Jin found out he was into the supernatural; that he believed in it. He also found out Taehyung and Jimin are close friends. He had also detected a locked away emotion, but couldn't quite tell what it was. All Jin knew was that it's been harboring for a long time and that it felt like being pricked by a thousand thorns; painful and, at times, unbearable.
 

Turning away from the window and rubbing his eyes wearily, Jin froze for a moment before slowly lowering his hands... Of course... That was the answer. How did he not notice it before? He looked at the window again and caught his faint reflection staring back at him.
 

It's said that the eyes are the windows to the soul, but how can you see through those windows when they're covered?


=================================================


When the bell rang, Jimin stretched his arms above his head as he yawned while his classmates enthusiastically left the classroom. He brought his arms back down and took off his glasses, setting them down on his desk to lightly rub at his eyes. He heard the last of his classmates leaving and let out a sigh in the quiet classroom as he closed his eyes for a moment. It wasn't even lunch time and he was already tired. Jimin reached out to put on his glasses again, but opened his eyes and frowned when he didn't feel them.
 

His hands and his desk were a complete blur as he carefully felt around for them, completely unaware of the other presence in the room. When every inch of the desk was patted down and nothing came up, Jimin began to panic. How the hell did he manage to lose his glasses when he wasn't even moving? He squinted as he checked the floor on either side of where he was sitting, but it was useless since all he saw was blurred blobs. When he sat up straight again, Jimin gave a startled jump when he felt a pair of cool and unfamiliar hands on his face as they gently tilted his head upwards.
 

All he saw was an outline of a person and he knew it wasn't Taehyung because th

Please log in to read the full chapter