039

Bad Decisions

 

 

Hey boys.” Sohee chirped as she entered the house, then she blinked as she saw Haechan standing on top of the couch, while Taeyong was staring at something by the tall glass windows.

“Noona!” Haechan whined, Sohee blinked, she felt Mark walk up beside her and he too, paused.

“What~”

Then they heard loud barks, Sohee gasped when she saw three large dogs appear before them.

Ella appeared from the poolside and glanced at the canines.

“Oh? The kids are here.” She commented with a tight smile, then she rushed to the stairs without turning back.

“Kids? They don’t look like kids.” Haechan flinched away as one dog started to move towards him.

Is something wrong with Ella?” Sohee asked, then they heard a soft purr from outside, wheels screeched loudly. Mark saw the red Porsche zooming out of the property.

Oh no.

 

 

Johnny leaned against the car and looked at the calm waves of the sea. He was at a private resort owned by his family. He closed his eyes briefly.

What was happening to him?

He lost control, the things he told Ella....it just all slipped from his mouth. For how long had he been keeping it?

He was so confused. But then it all hit him when Bomi mentioned divorce. Not having Ella beside him, not being able to call her his wife and just…having no reason to see her. He couldn’t take it.

Not his Ella.

Then he heard a car slow down behind him, he glanced back and then he grew confused as the black Suburban pulled to a stop, a male clad in a suit slid down from the front seat and opened the door.

It’s good to see you, sir.” The bodyguard greeted him with a smile. Johnny just nodded back, then he saw Ella sliding down from the car.

Elle~

I…I booked a flight for Chicago.” She said as she approached him, Johnny nodded and swallowed.

You…You really weren’t going to fall for that, were you?” She asked him as she sat on the Porsche’s hood.

“…What?

About you knowing that I’m not the one for you. And me not wanting this and that.” She dangled her legs.

Huh?

Oh right, the kids are here. Their papers have been finalized. You can fly them to Seoul tomorrow.” She nudged him, Johnny just blinked at her.

What..did you say?” Johnny turned to her, Ella was staring blankly at her phone.

Ella, what are you saying?

She looked up and smiled at him.

Earlier…while we were talking, Bomi followed us. I saw her..standing behind the front door…she was listening.

Ella let out a shaky breath and faced him.

I had to find a way to..not damage things more. Even if it hurt me..and it hurt you too.

Ella, I don’t..understand, you~

I lied. I lied to you.” She looked away, Johnny’s brows rose, then he smiled.

You weren’t even supposed to be in my story, Seo Youngho. But somehow you managed to become one of the main leads…It gave me a headache, wanting to not like you. Wanting to not have feelings for you, it was difficult. I was unstable….I’m..sorry.” She finished.

Johnny just sighed and slowly wrapped his arms around her.

You have to…clean this up. With Bomi and..stuff. Okay?” She said softly, Johnny just nodded and kissed the side of her head.

Ella pulled away and smiled, Johnny laced his fingers with hers.

So..what are we?” Ella asked lightly with a grin on her face.

I don’t know. We’re still a couple. I guess.” Johnny mused before lifting her off the car’s hood.

Right. All the anticipation for nothing, even if I reject you, I’m still Mrs. Seo. Heol.” She chuckled, Johnny just smiled before pulling her close to him.

I love you, Elle.” He whispered before kissing her lips softly.

 

 

This is so awkward, I want to go home.” Jackson whispered as they entered the kitchen, Mark shushed his friend. There were two empty seats on the table. The Seos have not returned yet.

Bomi fidgeted on her seat as food was served.

Hi.” Sohee looked relieved when the two appeared. Haechan and Taeyong were blatantly discussing how it would affect Samsung’s stock price if Johnny were to separate with Ella. While Hansol just sat quietly

“I don’t see the two.” Shinae said conversationally.

“Ella booked a flight home,” A familiar voice commented, Johnny appeared by the doorway.

“Home?” Mark looked up.

“Chicago. She said she has a few things to discuss with the hospital she was working with.” Johnny said as he took his seat across Bomi.

Ten leaned back on his seat, unsure.

“So, who wants to eat dinner by the beach? Let’s bring our plates!” Jackson suggested, he glared at the others. Taeyong and Hansol were quick to leave the table. Mark, Ten and Jackson followed them, while the latter had to drag Haechan with him.

Sohee discreetly went back to the living room.

“I—I’ll leave you two to talk.” Shinae muttered before leaving the table. Johnny shifted in his seat as he looked at Bomi.

 

 

 

Mark leaned set his empty plate down, he glanced back at the house.

“But, Ella suddenly bolting to Chicago, it seems…weird.” Jackson commented, Hansol looked up.

“Maybe she just needs some air. She wasn’t really planning on staying at Seoul for a long time.” Mark stated carefully.

“I don’t see Sohee noona.” Ten stated.

“What’s that noise?” Haechan asked, Taeyong looked up.

“Well, that helicopter is a little too close for comfort.” Taeyong spoke as he covered his ears.

Mark followed his gaze, the helicopter was getting smaller, but he didn’t miss the logo on its body.

Lotte Corporation

 

 

Mark’s forehead creased, then he bolted out of his seat and started to run back towards the house.

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++