054

Bad Decisions

 

 

“How was your day?” Ella asked as they neared Samsung’s main office, Johnny made a face at her.

My ten am meeting got moved to this afternoon, that’s why I picked you up.

“What?” Ella asked as they pulled over in front of the curb.

Do you know that some of the elders frown upon us?” Johnny asked as he pushed the ignition.

Why? Why would they~

Johnny slid down from the car, he shook his head at the approaching bodyguard and went around the car to open the door for her.

What do you mean they frown upon us? What is there to frown about?” She mumbled darkly as she slid down from the car, Johnny smiled and let her walk first.

“They think we’re too…liberalized.” He continued, Ella smiled back as the employees bowed at them.

“Liberalized? What do you mean?”

Johnny wrapped one arm around her waist, she just blinked at him.

I mean, the culture here..they’re not exactly used to seeing couples being touchy.” Johnny said with an amused smile as his palm went lower and lower.

Ya!” She warned him, he just chuckled before letting his hand rest on the curve of her waist.

“But, I don’t really care, so, whatever.” He shrugged at her before entering the elevator.

“Cheeky.” She said dryly as she stood beside him, Johnny just smiled and kissed the side of her head.

 

 

Mark watched as his mother fussed about the house, he had just got off the phone with his secretary and most of his meetings have been moved to the next day.

Do you think she’ll like the salad I prepared?” Mrs. Tuan walked to him holding a bunch of scented candles in one hand.

Ma, Sohee’s pretty fine with everything. You saw her grow up, remember?” Mark mused.

Not very helpful.” He earned a slap in the arm and a glare from his mother before she walked away, Mark just shook his head in amusement.

He heard the front door open, their family butler greeted Johnny and Ella.

“Johnny!” Mrs. Tuan greeted her son-in-law warmly.

“You look…relaxed.” Ella mused as she neared her sibling, she glanced at Johnny who was now chatting with her mother and father.

“It’s funny how things turned out, you being happily married to Johnny, and now,” Mark trailed off.

“You and Sohee unnie.” Ella mused as she sat beside him, Mark grinned and squeezed her hand.

“I might have to confiscate your GTR, Ella Marie.”

Ella paused, Mark’s eyes went to Johnny briefly who was now following their dad to the garden.

“But, why would you do that?”

Because you’re six weeks pregnant, and knowing you, Johnny probably doesn’t know yet.” Mark pointed out, Ella covered his mouth, his eyes narrowed at her.

…Surprise..?” She smiled sheepishly.

 

 

 

It smells good in here.” A voice made Mr. Tuan look up, he smiled and ushered Sohee towards the garden.

Hi, uncle. I brought your favorite wine.” She smiled as she handed him the bottle, the elder just hugged her briefly.

I heard from Mark that you just took over Lotte. I hope you don’t overwork yourself.” He teased the girl as they reached the dining table.

Hee.” Mark appeared from the veranda with his mother.

Hi, auntie.” Sohee greeted the lady with familiarity; Mrs. Tuan shook her head at her.

Auntie? It should be mom. Aigoo.” She made a face before engulfing Sohee in a tight hug. Mark just smiled as Sohee walked back to him.

“Most parents would question us. Don’t you think this is all happening too fast?” Sohee asked as she wrapped her arms around his waist.

My parents are on their way, but, I don’t see Ella…?” Sohee asked him as she pulled away.

“She has an announcement too.” Mark nodded as he kisser her cheek before pulling her into the house.

 

 

Elle?

She looked up, Johnny was standing by the doorway.

“The Jungs have arrived. Abeonim calls us to dinner.” He said as he walked to her, she nodded at him.

Johnny’s brows met briefly, something was wrong.

“Are you okay?”  

“I am, I don’t know if you’ll be.” She said as she leaned against the railing again, she watched as Sohee’s parents chatted with Mark and her father.

What?

She faced Johnny again and handed him a small sheet of paper, Johnny took it from her, then he froze.

Surprise..? I guess.” She said hesitantly.

Johnny just smiled before wrapping his arms around her and eventually lifting her up off her feet.

“I was thinking you’d be a little skeptical since we both just literally took over with our jobs and~”

Why would I be skeptical?” Johnny asked as he set her down, Ella shrugged.

“I’ve always wanted kids with you, Ella.” Johnny took her hands in his. Ella started to smile.

Thank you, Ella.” He mused before capturing her lips with his.

 

 

Ella smiled as Mrs. Jung teased the newly engaged couple.

So, what about you two? There’s been a lot of talk ever since Ella took over Samsung Medical.” Sohee started.

Ella’s eyes went to her brother, her eyes narrowed suspiciously at the couple.

Actually, I think they like her more compared to me. I’m quite jealous.” Johnny mused as he picked up his glass of wine.

Surprisingly, they haven’t discovered my daughter’s monster side. She can be strict as an~

Ma,” Ella sighed, the lady chuckled and blew her a kiss.

But, not to be rude, honey, but why haven’t you touched your glass? Is the wine not to your liking?” Mr. Jung asked her, Ella swallowed.

Right, why haven’t you touched your wine, sister?” Mark countered; Ella wanted to glared at him.

But, why aren’t we congratulating the new couple? They’re getting married next year!
She earned odd stares from her parents, Johnny just chuckled.

“Ella, are you okay?” Mr. Tuan looked at her.

Well, mom..dad, older brother, sister-in-law…I’m…” Ella huffed, Johnny just squeezed her hand.

“I’m…pregnant.” She stated, then Mrs. Tuan started shedding happy tears.

 

 

 

“You used that as a tactic, huh? So that the elders wouldn’t tease us so much.” Sohee mused as she joined Mark in the living room; Mark smiled and glanced at the windows, Ella was being pestered by their mother and Mrs. Jung.

Kind of. I’m just glad she’s happy.” Mark smiled before pulling Sohee to his chest. She smiled and just closed her eyes as he ran his fingers through his hair.

Does she know about Minho?

He deserves it.” Mark shrugged, Sohee just shook her head, somehow Mark and Johnny had managed to prolong Minho’s investigation and hired one of the weakest lawyers in the country to help him.

So much for being mature CEOs.

Mom wants the ceremony to be held on June, your mom agreed too.” Mark mused.

That doesn’t so bad. As long we don’t do a beach wedding. Please.

Mark nodded.

Of course.

I remember how difficult you were months ago, acting all rash and violent.

I had to do it,” Mark defended himself, Sohee chuckled and looked up to meet his gaze.

I’m glad you did, thank you Mark.

I know, I love you too.” Mark winked at her before kissing her nose.

 

I love you.” She chuckled before pecking his lips and walking back to the garden.

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

 

THE END! (11/8/16)

THANKS EVERYONE! SEE YOU IN MY NEXT STORY!