034

Bad Decisions

 

Johnny glanced up as his cousin walked towards them.

“Hyung!” Haechan greeted the older male with a grin, Ella chuckled and slapped Hansol’s arm as he neared them.

“I was actually thinking you’d ditch us over work and never show up” She laughed, Hansol rolled his eyes at her, but he was smiling as he tucked a lock of her hair behind her ear.

“I was thinking about it.” He mused, Ella made a face at him.

“Oh, even Hansol’s coming.” Bomi smiled as she hooked her arm around Johnny’s. Shinae followed Johnny’s gaze.

“Time to move, let’s go.” Mark called from the plane. Ella hooked arms with Hansol and Taeyong as they walked towards the stairs.

“I didn’t even know he was invited.” Johnny said as they walked towards the group.

“I invited him, hyung. The more the merrier, right?” Haechan piped in. Johnny looked at him and nodded.

They got inside the plane, Johnny gently unhooked Bomi’s arm around his and started to walk towards Ella.

 

 

Hey,” Ella looked up as Johnny reached her seat, she was seated beside Ten.

You..You’re sitting here?” He blinked, Ella grinned.

Yeah, I am. Bomi and Shinae’s here, I’m sure they feel a little awkward that everyone’s with us. Go talk to them.” Ella squeezed his hand, Johnny exhaled briefly. He leaned down to kiss the side of her head before leaving.

Ella leaned back on her seat, the pilot announced that they would be taking off soon and advised that they put their seatbelts on. Ten put down his glass of orange juice and looked at her.

What’s wrong? It’s not like you to push him away. He was probably just checking on you.” Ten spoke.

Ella just shrugged, across her seat, she met eyes with her brother. Mark just gave her a small smile before facing Sohee.

“I’m curious about something.” She said as she kicked off her sneakers.

Why…Why were they so against her? I mean, Johnny’s parents.

Ten looked up just as Taeyong took the seat across them.

You…really don’t know?” Ten asked, she just nodded.

“It’s because Bomi didn’t come from a good family.” Taeyong spoke, Ella’s brows rose.

“What do you mean? She works at a~”

“That’s the problem, she works for someone. The Seos don’t work for anybody, they own Samsung.” Taeyong said simply, Ten nodded.

“So, they don’t like her because…she’s not from the “crowd”?” She blinked.

“Yeah. It’s because, well to use auntie’s term, she’s a commoner and Johnny needs a wife who’s at par with him, someone who can keep up with the demands of being the wife of a CEO.”

“That’s..total bull…Well, that’s sounds so wrong. They love each other.” Ella looked at her palms.

“Economically speaking, his parents are right.” Ten said carefully, Ella just leaned back on her seat.

Taeyong just grinned at her.

Does he love Bomi? Really?

 

 

Johnny put his phone away and looked at Bomi and Shinae who were chatting a little too loudly.

“It’s a nine hour flight, aren’t you two tired?” He asked, his tone came off harsh that it made Hansol look up.

“Are you okay?” He asked, Johnny nodded at his cousin.

“We’re not sleepy, why are you so jumpy?” Bomi faced him. Hansol looked at his cousin.

Johnny’s shook his head.

“I…I’ll go get something to drink.” He said as he stood up and left his seat, Bomi watched as he made his way to the bar lounge, Johnny sat beside Sohee and Elle who were chatting.

 

 

“Unnie, you’re strangely quiet.” Ella said as she took a sip from her Long Island Iced Tea, Sohee faced her.

I’m just….a little tired.

I don’t think so,” Ella hummed, Sohee blinked at her.

I don’t know what’s going on, but what you and Mark are both doing..this whole push and pull thing,

Sohee’s eyes widened.

Minho might get hurt. He seems really sincere about you.” Ella said as she curled her feet underneath her.

Sohee’s brows met briefly, her thoughts were starting to get really muddled and alcohol wasn’t exactly helping that.

Ella, she treated her like a sister. Sweet Ella, if she made the wrong choice, then what would happen to her?

Sincere? Who is?” Johnny said as he entered the area. Sohee smiled at him.

Minho and Sohee unnie.” Ella stated, Johnny stilled for a moment. Sohee stood up.

I’ll leave you two to talk. Might as well sleep for a bit, Elle.” Sohee said as she left, Johnny plopped down beside her, and then he gently gathered Ella in his arms.

She fidgeted.

“Ya!” She warned, Johnny ignored her protests and just leaned his chin on her shoulder.

I’m…really sleepy.” He said as Ella squirmed on his lap.

“Youngho, there’s…this thing….” She started, Johnny turned his face to her, Ella could feel his breath on her cheek.

What? Is something bothering you?” He asked, Ella bit her lip, she looked at his arms around her, then at the ring on his finger. She stretched her palm outwards and stared at the matching ring on her finger.

“Just…work, never mind. Why are you so tired?” She asked him, Johnny shrugged and just closed his eyes again.

Johnny, you have your own seat~

“I’m not used to not sitting next to you. Just..for a while, let’s stay like this.” He murmured, Ella just closed her eyes and exhaled.

 

 

Sohee took her seat next to Mark’s, he was already asleep. She leaned over, and carefully brushed his bangs away from his face.

She stopped; she opened her laptop and switched it on.

I’m sorry. I’m so sorry.

The captain announced that they were about to begin their descent soon. She logged in her email and typed a short reply to Minho.

“Now, I wish you were just messing around with me.” She whispered as she looked at Mark.

 

But this is reality. And I’m sorry, I wish I could love you.” She said before leaning over to kiss his cheek and closing her eyes.

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++