Mission Ming-possible

The Invisible Pranksters

"Holy crap."

"Wow."

"A genius."

Okay, I might have said that last part.

It was Lunch time and students were walking out from class, still marvelling about what had happened, much to my pleasure. I felt proud of myself, although it was kind of pitiful to see Ms. Park in that state. She was mean most of the time, so that kind of lessened the guilt.

I was sure the Principal wouldn't call the whole school to assemble again just because of this prank. This wasn't the worst of all the pranks I've done ever since I joined Pledis High 2 years ago.

No one had suspected me when I did the first prank ever, as it had looked like multiple people had done the job. The principal and teachers tried to coax the students into admitting, but had given up after no one responded. They even once threatened to get the police involved, but we all knew the Principal didn't want anyone knowing about the flaws in our school. Even with different types of threats made, it just fueled the anger of students and even some parents.

Basically, our dearest Principal Choi had given up.

Ah, the security cameras?

Let's just say I knew all the blind spots.

My pranks were usually carried out when everyone least expects it. Meaning, I could stay silent for over a month and suddenly pull a random prank on someone.

I already had plans for the next prank, which I was going to carry out tonight, since it was a Friday. The whole of next week was Spring break, so once everyone returns, they're in for a surprise.

Oh, the joy.

*

Black clothing: check.

Gloves: check.

Screw driver: check.

Torchlight: check.

Packet of bean sprout seeds: check.

Cute watering can: check.

Duplicated key: check.

Now that everything was checked, I commenced my mission.

I dropped off my bicycle a few blocks from the school and walked through the back way to get there.

As I got to the back gate, I fished out the set of keys I had duplicated, then stealthily unlocked the door and got inside. Now, the security cameras.

I only had one destination to go, making my task easier— the computer lab.

As I got into the school safely and avoided all security cameras, I checked the hallways for anyone. Seeing no one, I tiptoed through the blind spots. Just as I was about to reach the stairs, I heard a door opened, and then voices.

Crap.

As quick as lightning, I hid under the pitch dark stairs. The voices grew nearer, and I held my breath, afraid that even a short intake of breath could be heard.

"What if we catch the pranksters in action? Damn, that'd be so cool!" a male's voice echoed, followed by a slapping sound. "Ow!"

"We're just here to return the things and go. Besides, after the prank today, I'm sure there wouldn't be anymore soon..." another deeper voice spoke as it drifted away.

I almost let out a snort. If only you knew...

Once the coast was clear, I made a mad dash towards the computer lab, ducking and leaning on the walls every now and then like in action movies. I picklocked the door and headed in, closing the door softly behind me. I surveyed the lab to check if there was anyone who had probably stayed behind. No one.

I started off with the teacher's computer, using the screw driver to remove the keys from the keyboard. Next, I grabbed the packet of seeds and sprinkled some into it. Just as I was about to use my cute watering can that I might have stolen from my 5-year-old cousin, I realised it wasn't even filled with water. I slapped my forehead, feeling dumb.

I took out my water bottle and filled the can, then proceeded to water the seeds. With the darkness and all, I was sure the beans would grow really well. I did the same for all the keyboards, not forgetting to put back the keys back.

Grow well, my darling plants.

*

The mission was done in less than an hour, especially since there weren't many computers here in our school.

"We've got a really tight budget this year." I remembered the principal saying. "And I'd like if the pranksters here would stop whatever you're doing for the sake of the school."

The students were opposed to having too little computers, but at least it worked in my favour at this moment.

As I rode my bike back home, I decided that maybe I should do one more prank some time next week, just to surprise the students with the array of pranks in a short period of time. I pondered on which particular person I wanted to prank, and finally, someone came to mind. I recognised him as one of my seniors in school.

'I'm sure there wouldn't be anymore' you say? Wait till you experience one soon.

*

"Kim Mingyu, where on earth have you been?"

I cringed at the familiar, nagging voice and tried to make a break for it to my room. However, just as I was about to reach the door, fingers pinched and twisted my ear and pulled me away from my only escape.

"Ow, ow, owww! Okay, okay, I'll explain! Just don't pull my ear off."

When the fingers finally dropped, I stared at my red-faced older sister.

Before running to my room and locking it shut.

That's right, I just Kang Moyeon-ed you. 

"Yah, Kim Mingyu! Open the door right now and explain to me why you only got back home after midnight! Mingyu!" my sister, Minah, banged the door as she screamed. 

"Quiet down, noona, you're gonna wake the neighbours up," I replied, as I dropped my bag next to my desk and changed out from my outfit.

Finally, the banging stopped, and she quietened, before she spoke up again. "Fine, make yourself breakfast tomorrow. Starve yourself. See if I care." Then, footsteps retreating to her own room.

I smirked. Tomorrow was a Saturday, and I could always eat breakfast outside. Hah... 

Unrolling my mattress from the corner of the room, I laid down and stared at the ceiling, planning out my next prank in my head.

Mission: Place fish in locker.

When: Sometime next week, maybe Wednesday to let the fish ferment.

Additional materials: Post it note saying Fish for your fishy attitude(whatever that means)

Target: Jeon Wonwoo, Class 3-2

 

A/N: Ok, first chapter up since I managed to gain 1 subscriber. xD Thank you! I realised the "grow well my darling plants" would better fit Wonwoo, since he is the garden fairy, hahaha. Some of this prank ideas that will be here are mostly from the internet, so if you wanna see pictures of it being done for real, you can always search it up. x3 Again, no Wonwoo and Mingyu interactions here yet, but just wait, I have so much in store *evil laughs* Excuse me if I have any mistakes, I'm writing this late at night and I still wanna study for my finals. Don't ask me why I started to write a fanfic at such an important time lol. xD

If you don't know what I mean by Kang Moyeon-ed, it's cuz in the kdrama Descendants of the Sun, there was a scene where Kang Moyeon ran from Yoo Sijin, and there was a part where she promised not to run, and when he let go of her, of course she ran. xD HAHAHA.

Update: I've changed the setting of the school to match that of S.Korea's. Guess watching all those school kdramas paid off. xD 

"You're so ice, ice baby~"