To Reason

The Invisible Pranksters

Mingyu leaned against Wonwoo as he stared at the latter's brother who was laughing with Hansol. Sighing, he turned away, focusing his attention to Wonwoo who was in the middle of a shooting game. 

"How could you still play when your brother is with some troublemaker?" Mingyu asked, resting his chin on Wonwoo's shoulder.

"Don't distract me. I'm imagining these are all Hansol right now," Wonwoo replied, his fingers moving fast against the buttons on the machine. 

Mingyu laughed, before looking back to see Hansol cheering for Seungkwan in another game. After Hansol failed to beat Seungcheol's score in the dance game, Seungkwan had tried to console him by playing other games. Speaking of which, Seungcheol was currently at the claw machine for some reason, with Jeonghan's eyes wide with excitement as he stared at the variety of dolls.

"What do you think we should do with Hansol?" Wonwoo asked as he finished his game, finally turning his attention to his boyfriend. 

"Let's just confront him," was Mingyu's simple reply.

"That's easier said than done, isn't it?"

Mingyu frowned. "What happens if we confront him, and he admits to it? What then? So we found the person who had vandalised the school and had exposed our pictures the wrong way, but then what?" 

Wonwoo looked puzzled as well. "Well, for one, we can at least knock some sense into him, or make Seungkwan stay away from him. If he does something like this again, we could report to the principal? Or rather I report him. We can't have you in question."

Mingyu smiled, clasping the older's hand in his tightly. "As long as I don't do pranks anymore, I won't get caught."

The older looked slightly surprised. "You're really going to stop?"

Mingyu nodded as he swung their hands slightly. "The reason I started doing it, as you know, was because I wanted to be happy, and wanted to just let go. But I've found someone who truly makes me happy, and who guided me to talk to my friends more. And now I just feel like my life is starting to come together."

When everyone thought it was time to go home and actually start on their school work, they left the arcade. 

Wonwoo and Seungkwan walked together, with the former sending a pointed look to Mingyu. They had planned for Mingyu to speak to Hansol when they were going home. The taller winked at him, bidding goodbye to the siblings as they walked off first.

"Me and Seungcheol are going to hang out a bit more," Jeonghan spoke clutching a Pikachu doll under his arm. "See you tomorrow, Mingyu! And nice meeting you, Hansol." 

Mingyu watched the two walk off, fascinated by how close the two had become. He turned back towards Hansol.

"You," he pointed towards the younger. "I need to talk to you."

Hansol raised an eyebrow. "What did you want to talk about?" 

Mingyu gestured towards his bag. "Explain the spray paint on your bag." 

The younger crossed his arms. "That obvious, huh?"

Mingyu was at a loss for words. Sure, he did suspect the boy to be the culprit, but he didn't expect for him to admit it straight away. He frowned, thinking of how the younger didn't seem to care much.

"Do you realise what you have done? You had not only vandalise the school property, but you'd also caused Wonwoo to be humiliated by putting up those pictures of us when he wasn't ready to come out. And I'm not just saying this as his boyfriend. He's Seungkwan's brother. Your good friend's brother. Don't you care about that at all?" Mingyu was close to shouting as he took a step threateningly towards Hansol. Luckily, they had moved towards an alley where it was deserted.

Hansol shrugged indifferently, which further frustrated Mingyu. "If he really cared about Seungkwan he would've at least came out to him. Shouldn't brothers be the closest? And you two shouldn't have been doing that while you're in school, just saying." 

Mingyu threw his hands up in the air. "Are you actually kidding me right now? One, what Wonwoo and I do is our privacy. We just hugged at the school rooftop so we could be by ourselves. You didn't have the right to invade our privacy, take our pictures without permission, and put them on his table where everyone could see. Two, if Wonwoo had a little more time, I'm sure he would've came out to Seungkwan first. But you had come in the way. Who are you to speak for Seungkwan? You don't even remotely care about him, do you? He's just someone to take up your time before you get transferred to another school."

Somewhere in Mingyu's words, they had struck a cord in his head. Hansol finally broke. "So what if that's it? I'll do whatever the heck I want to, because I hate this. I hate this life. I hate going to school, meeting new people each time because I always have to transfer. Report me for all I care, because I actually do want to get caught. I want to get out of this school fast," he spoke rapidly.

"Do you want to know something?" Mingyu asked, trying to calm himself. "What Wonwoo and I are more worried about isn't about you vandalising the school. It's about you hurting Seungkwan. That boy has been talking about you ever since he had met you and there wasn't a single bad thing that came out from his mouth. He had grown so fond and attached to you—"

"And that's the problem!" Hansol interrupted. "I hate it when people grow attach to me, because in the end, I have to leave them and even when we say otherwise, we'll lose all contact because it's so hard to communicate when I'm always moving." 

Mingyu stopped short. The way the younger was speaking seemed as though he did, in a way, care about Seungkwan. 

"Let me get this straight," Mingyu spoke calmly towards the now stressed boy as he tried to get his thoughts together. "What you said to me the other time that you didn't want to commit to a friendship... So it's because you're afraid they'll get attached to you and you to them, and when you have to leave, you'll both just get hurt. You cause trouble in school, so that you'll get out of the school fast without anyone having the time to even grow close to you... Am I right?"

Hansol stared up at the taller, his eyes wide. Mingyu was glad that the emotionless and indifference in the younger was gone, and he was finally showing emotions and feelings of what seemed to be sadness and regret.

The younger cleared his throat, looking down as he nodded slowly. "I... I didn't expect for Seungkwan to like me so much the moment I joined his class. And the more I hung out with him, I thought that he was such a cool friend, a one in a million friend. That's why I want to leave as soon as possible before anything else happens. The... vandalism... was a way to get out. I knew I'd be caught one way or another. But I'd thought I would get caught earlier by the security guard. But somehow, he was in the guard room the whole time, and that just made everything so much harder to even get caught..."

"Hansol, you don't have to keep doing this, you know? So what if you grow attach to your friend and still have to move? It's the twenty-first century. There are phones and social media for a reason. It's just up to you and how willing you are to keep in touch to not break your friendship. Have you actually spoken to your parents about not switching schools? There must be a way somehow, right?" Mingyu tried to reason.

Hansol sighed, running a hand down his face tiredly. "I'll... I'll think about it." He turned to leave, but paused for a second. "You won't tell anyone yet, will you?"

Mingyu smiled. "Until you make up your mind on what you really want, I won't."

The younger nodded, turning and walking away. 

Mingyu slumped his shoulders. The conversation was way more intense than what he expected. A confrontation and reasoning at the same time? That he didn't expect. Maybe all Hansol needed was someone to talk to and give him advice. God knows, the boy has moved around a lot, he didn't probably have anyone he could talk to. His parents must be busy with their business to actually give him advice whatsoever. 

Feeling as though he had made progress, he smiled. As he walked back home, he decided to text Wonwoo, when he saw that there was already a text from him.

WW: How did the talk go?
WW: So was it really Hansol?
WW: Should I go and punch him first thing tomorrow?

Mingyu laughed at the messages and replied.

MG: The talk went well, actually
MG: It really was Hansol
MG: But he has his reasons which I'll tell you tomorrow
MG: For now, let's just say that he'd be making more effort in his friendship with Seungkwan now. (:

WW: Wow, did you give him advice
WW: You can be a counsellor
WW: Counsellors get paid a lot, you know

MG: Are you suggesting for me to be the sole breadwinner in the future

WW: You're looking too far into the future, Gyu
WW: But sure ;)
WW: Anyway, thanks for talking to Hansol, we'll just have to see tomorrow if he's willing to change

MG: I can't see a future without you, you know that?

WW: ...
WW: ...
WW: Stop being cheesy
WW: I'll see you tomorrow

Mingyu pouted at not receiving much response from Wonwoo. A few seconds later, his phone vibrated. 

WW: Love you

The message made Mingyu smile widely, replying that he loved the other too. He walked the rest of the way home with a light heart.

*

Mingyu took his usual seat next to Wonwoo during Lunch the next day, greeting his other older friends. 

"Hey," Mingyu greeted Wonwoo, fighting the urge to kiss him there and then. 

"Hey, you," Wonwoo greeted back.

"Anything from Seungkwan?" The younger asked, as he started to eat.

Wonwoo made sure there was a piece of meat on Mingyu's spoon before replying. "Hansol called him that night. Usually it's the other way round. So I guess that counts as him willing to change."

Mingyu beamed. "That's great! I'm actually proud my words got to him."

The older laughed lightly, kissing the tip of his nose. "I'm proud of you, too. Now let's eat before someone throws their food at us."

Mingyu looked around to see some of their friends staring at them. 

"Do we have to put up with your excessive sweetness each day?" Jun groaned, making Mingyu laugh.

"We'll try tone it down for you guys," Mingyu replied. He turned towards Jeonghan. "Oh yeah, so where did you and Seungcheol hyung went to yesterday?"

Jeonghan froze, his eyes widening as if he hadn't expected that question. "Um... We went to the... park."

Seungcheol nodded. "Yup, the park..."

Wonwoo narrowed his eyes at the two, feeling as though there really was something going on now. However, he decided to stay silent. 

The boys quickly finished their meals before heading back to class.

 

 

A/N: I'm not 100% satisfied with this chapter, but I'm just going to have to go with this. It's shorter than usual, though. I'm mainly focusing on Hansol this chapter and wanted to close his part of the plot. Please don't get me wrong if I made him turn out to be the bad guy I love him too okay :( So now that you know his side of the story, what do you think? 

Also, next chapter would be a bonus Seungcheol chapter to wrap up his side plot too. 

I realise that by wrapping up side stories, it means that this fic is potentially coming to an end soon. Tell me in the comments if there's anything else I should clear up (or something that I forgot) or what else I should do for this fic, cuz the more prompts I get, there's a possibility that I could extend this slightly. I just have no more ideas for this after I wrap everything up. D: *cries*