Exposed

The Invisible Pranksters

(Guys I forgot Wonwoo's friends know that he's biual lmao. And yayyyy an extra 1000 word-long chapter)

Mingyu and Wonwoo left soon after, as the former still had classes ongoing. Wonwoo returned to his friends, his heart at ease this time.

His friends were still gathered together, talking. They became silent, however, as Wonwoo approached them.

"Look, Wonwoo," Jun started. "We won't pry into anything you're not ready to tell us. But don't try to deny that you're definitely keeping something from us. We're your best friends, we know you really well."

"Yeah," Soonyoung continued. "From now on I'll just mind my own business," he spoke sheepishly. 

Wonwoo sighed, taking a seat. "I'm should be sorry, guys. We're still hanging out with the others after school, right?"

Jun nodded with a smile, "Of course!"

As they resumed talking, Wonwoo failed to realise Seungcheol's silence. 

*

Six pairs of eyes simply stared at the two boys in front of them who had their hands interlocked. 

In contrast to Mingyu's calmness, Wonwoo was shifting from one foot to the other in nervousness. However, the older couldn't deny the feeling of a weight being lifted off his shoulders. They know now. They finally know. 

"So," Jeonghan spoke first, "you both are... Together? Dating?"

Mingyu nodded.

Suddenly, Soonyoung stood up. "See? I told you! And you even dared to deny it, Jeon Wonwoo!" 

"Technically, Seungcheol was the one who guessed that it was Mingyu," Jun said. 

"Whatever," the other replied. "I was the one who knew he was bi all this while!"

"Well that's unfair, because he only told you!" 

"Guys, stop it," Seungcheol spoke up. "Thanks for finally telling us, you two. Especially you, Wonwoo. It must've taken a lot to tell us that you two are dating." He offered a small smile.

Jeonghan clapped his hands. "Yay! Our Mingyu finally found someone fitting for him!"

"This calls for a celebration!" Seokmin announced, raising his bottle of Cola. "To Mingyu and Wonwoo!" 

Mingyu laughed, taking his own bottle of soda and holding it up. Wonwoo followed, a huge smile plastered on his face.

As the huge group of friends continued their own conversations, Wonwoo turned to Mingyu. 

"You're smiling really widely," Mingyu pointed out, tightening his hold on the older's hand as he gazed at him with loving eyes.

"You were right. I... My anxiousness disappeared now that they know. It feels good finally getting such a heavy secret off my chest," Wonwoo responded. 

Mingyu Wonwoo's cheek with the back of a hand. No words could describe the euphoria he was feeling to be able to show his affection in the open. Of course, at this point, only their friends knew about them. However, if they were able to accept them and who they were wholeheartedly, then Mingyu was sure everyone else would soon accept them. He was aware there would still be some who wouldn't, but as long as he had Wonwoo by his side and their friends' support, they could overcome anything. 

Wonwoo leaned into his touch, closing his eyes. Then he opened them when he realised something.

"We need to tell my family," he spoke, eyes wide. "Can we... Can we tell them soon?"

"How about this Saturday? We could gather your whole family and have dinner?" Mingyu suggested.

"This Saturday?" Wonwoo echoed. "That'd be great, then! We could have dinner at my house."

The younger waved his hands swiftly. "No, no, it'd be too much work for you and your family. We could go out to a restaurant or something."

"It's fine, Gyu. Besides, you haven't been to my house yet," Wonwoo assured, smiling.

Though he was slightly reluctant, Mingyu nodded, mirroring the other's expression.

They were both too deep into their own world when Soonyoung interrupted them. "Would you look at those two lovebirds."

The atmosphere was then filled with "Ooooooh" and teasing from their friends, causing the pair to blush profusely. Throughout the whole chaos, Wonwoo noticed that Seungcheol seemed less hyped up as the others. Fear crept up as he was afraid of what his friend could be thinking. Was he quietly against his relationship with Mingyu? But then again, Wonwoo knew Seungcheol to be less crazier and more mature than his other friends, so he shrugged the negativity off and laughed along with Mingyu. 

As the day progressed, the boys decided to leave for home. Wonwoo and Mingyu watched as they took their leave, with Seokmin and Soonyoung continuing their playful banter, Minghao and Junhui talking in Mandarin, and finally, as strange as a sight it was, Seungcheol was walking quietly next to Jeonghan. 

Wonwoo still had some doubt about what Seungcheol thought about the whole event. Even if he wasn't as hyper as Soonyoung, that didn't mean he didn't talk at all. 

"You look worried now, is something wrong?" Mingyu queried. 

Wonwoo turned to the other. "Seungcheol seems quieter than usual ever since he caught whiff of you and I being together. I'm afraid he could be against the idea of it all." He sighed. 

The younger gave a comforting pat on Wonwoo's thigh. "If he hasn't shown his resentment, it can't mean he's against us, right?" He reassured. "You could talk to him if it bothers you."

Wonwoo nodded. "Yeah, I guess you could be right. I'll try talk to him in class tomorrow."

Mingyu smiled, taking his hands in his and playing with it. They were still sitting at the convenience store as Mingyu's house was right across it. 

"Are you going home now?" Mingyu asked. 

The other nodded, a reluctant expression on his face. "Yeah, I need to complete many tasks, and there's the thing with my competition that's due next week too. I'm almost finished with my entry."

Mingyu nodded. "I understand. Let me walk you home?"

Wonwoo shook his head. "It's okay, I'm going back to school to finish it up since the principal allowed me to use the library. Your house is right here anyway. It'll be a hassle for you to go back and forth."

A pout formed on Mingyu's lips, making the older laugh and ruffle his head. "Sometimes I forget you're younger than me."

"Why? Is it because you think of me as a man?" Mingyu asked suggestively. 

Wonwoo's face reddened as he jokingly slapped Mingyu's arm. "Forget it, I'm going. Bye."

He stood up to leave, but was stopped by Mingyu. 

"Don't stay too late and overwork yourself, okay?" He advised, holding onto the other's shoulders. 

Wonwoo nodded obediently as he allowed Mingyu to move his fringe to the side. The blush on his face worsened as the younger placed a kiss on his forehead. 

Kisses on the forehead felt more intimate to Wonwoo. It was filled with such soft intimacy and love, that it made his heart swell. 

"Love you, Gyu," Wonwoo spoke. 

Mingyu pulled back, his expression brightening. "I love you too, Wonwoo. So much."

As Wonwoo walked away, he kept turning back to wave at Mingyu, who simply watched and responded cheerfully.

*

Wonwoo was typing the last page of what was supposed to be his entry for the storybook competition. The night sky outside enveloped the school in darkness, save for the lights in the library. 

His phone vibrated on the table on front of him, and he decided to take a short break to check who had texted him. 

MG: You better not still be in school. You need some rest too. xx 

Wonwoo smiled at his boyfriend's worry. 

WW: Unfortunately, I still am. Don't worry, I'm just finishing up this last page then I'm off. xxxx 

MG: I miss you :( xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Laughter filled the silent library as Wonwoo read the message filled with many "x". Mingyu could be such a dork. 

As he was typing a reply, he suddenly heard footsteps coming from outside the library. Thinking it was the night guard, he got up to greet him, as he had always done. 

However, when he reached the corridor, there wasn't anyone in sight, nor light from the guard's flashlight. 

A shiver ran down his spine right then and he rushed back inside. 

WW: Dude something creepy just happened     
WW: I'm definitely leaving now and finishing this tomorrow 

MG: why
MG: What happened 
MG: Is it a ghost? 

WW: Not helping Kim Mingyu

MG: Oh no you just said my full name 
MG: Okay, okay. Don't worry too much about it 

Wonwoo saved the document in his hard drive and shut down the computer. He then grabbed his back and left, not forgetting to turn the lights off. 

As be passed by the security room, he gave a knock, and the guard opened it. 

"Oh hi, Wonwoo. Going back now?" He asked. 

"Yes," Wonwoo replied. "Hey, uncle, did you happen to be walking outside the library earlier?"

Wonwoo felt his heart dropped as the guard shook his head. 

"The last time I did my rounds was an hour ago. Why? Did you hear anything?"

The other nodded. "I heard footsteps but the moment I went out, there wasn't anyone."

The guard looked around carefully, leaning towards Wonwoo. "It can't be that... Supernatural thing you've told me about before, can it?" 

Wonwoo then vaguely remembered when he had first covered for Mingyu's pranking. He slapped his forehead as he remembered lying. I shouldn't have jinxed it. 

"I have to go now. Bye Uncle, and good luck!" 

And with that, he ran off, leaving a now afraid security guard who then decided to lock himself up in the room until his shift ended. 

As he exited the school and breathed a sigh of relief, he was surprised to see Mingyu sitting on the pathway with his bicycle next to him. 

"Mingyu?" Wonwoo called out. 

The said person looked up and quickly stood up. 

"Hey, you really left early. I thought that maybe I could send you home. I mean, so that you won't have to feel scared or anything from what happened in the library—"

Wonwoo chuckled, taking a step forward to place a chaste kiss on the younger's lips. He noted that for some reason, his outfit was all-black.

"Thanks for coming, Gyu," he said as he pulled away. "But you really didn't have to."

Mingyu was touching his lips where the kiss was placed, smiling giddily. "Well, I'm here already. You can just put your heavy bag in this basket. I just fixed this on so I could carry things easier," he explained, taking a seat on his bicycle. "And you can get on behind me."

Wonwoo decided to happily oblige. He placed his bag in the basket Mingyu mentioned, noticing a black plastic bag.

"What's this?" He asked in curiosity as metallic sounds could be heard in it.

"Oh this? Just some cans of spray paints I bought. I'm planning to repaint some things," Mingyu replied. 

Wonwoo nodded as he got on behind Mingyu, sitting sideways on the small seat and wrapping his arms around the taller. 

The wind felt cool as Mingyu cycled towards his house. He had known the way there due to the numerous times he had walked Wonwoo home. 

The latter leaned his head against Mingyu's back, closing his eyes in contentment. 

"Wonwoo, we're here," Mingyu gently spoke as the bicycle stopped. 

Wonwoo opened his eyes, realising they had reached in front of his apartment complex. Without warning, Mingyu had taken his bag and held his hand, walking towards the building. 

"Um, what are you doing?"

Mingyu looked back. "Walking you to your door? You looked really tired. It's okay, I'll make sure no one in your family sees me. We decided to tell them on Saturday, didn't we?" He smiled. 

Wonwoo allowed himself to be dragged towards the elevator. 

"By the way, what did you bring in your bag?" Mingyu asked. "It's really heavy. You shouldn't carry heavy things. It's not good for your precious shoulders."

Wonwoo smiled. "They're just textbooks and some books I had borrowed."

The elevator arrived soon after and Wonwoo insisted that he went up by himself. Mingyu reluctantly passed the bag over to him with a pout. Wonwoo laughed tiredly, pecking his pouted lips.

Before he could pull away, Mingyu wrapped an arm around his waist and pulled Wonwoo closer towards him, bringing the other hand to cup the back of his neck. Mingyu stared down at his lips for a few seconds, before tilting his head and landing his own lips on them. He moved his lips slowly against the other's, feeling Wonwoo warming up into the kiss. the bottom lip, Mingyu felt as the other parted his lips slightly. Mingyu took the opportunity to slip his tongue in, causing Wonwoo to gasp. The younger retreated his tongue and smiled into the kiss before pulling away, resting his forehead against Wonwoo's.

"That was for the surprise kisses you've been giving me," Mingyu joked breathlessly. "Dream about me, okay?" He said playfully before running away.

Wonwoo was panting as his eyes were widened in surprise. That was the most... hottest thing ever. Before his mind could trespass into dangerous territory, he shook his head, quickly entering the lift.

*

Next morning came, and Wonwoo sluggishly got out of bed to get ready for school. Now that his relationship was known to his friends, he felt lighter and even more eager to see Mingyu in school. He touched his lips dreamily as he remembered their last kiss the previous night. Mingyu had told him to dream about him.

He definitely did.

If only his alarm hadn't woken him up at such an important time.

Wonwoo quickly took a shower and got dressed, joining his family for breakfast.

"Thanks Mom," he said, as his mom placed a plate full of food in front of him.

"You're welcome, sweetie," she replied, kissing the top of his head.

His dad was drinking a mug of black coffee as he read through the newspaper, while his younger brother, Seungkwan, was scarfing down his scrambled eggs. Wonwoo then reaised that now was the best time to ask them if they could have dinner with Mingyu on Saturday.

"Hey, Mom, Dad?" he asked, trying not to stutter as the both turned his way. "Can we have dinner... Tomorrow?"

"Of course we'll have dinner, bro," Seungkwan scoffed as if it was the dumbest thing ever.

"I mean... Can we have dinner tomorrow... With someone else included?" Wonwoo added.

His mom looked interested as she took a seat next to him. "With someone else? Is it someone special?"

"Is this someone happen to be your... Girlfriend?" His dad continued.

Wonwoo shook his head frantically. It's definitely not a girlfriend. "This person is someone special, yes, but that's all you have to know for now. So... Is it okay?"

Although it seemed as though his mom wanted to ask something more, she nodded with a smile. "Of course, sweetie. The more people for dinner, the merrier!"

His dad mirrored her actions. "Sure, son. We'd also like to get to know this special friend of yours."

"It's definitely his girlfriend," Seungkwan muttered, causing Wonwoo to kick him under the table. 

Looking at the time, he quickly got up. 

"So there's this new kid in school I told you about, remember? He's so cool, Mom. He speaks good English too!" Seungkwan was gushing as Wonwoo picked up his bag. "Hey, wait for me, Hyung! Let's go to school together!"

Of course, like the good older brother he was, he didn't wait up.

Unfortunately, Wonwoo didn't bump into Mingyu on the way to school. That meant he could only meet the other during break period. They did, however, texted each other sweet messages that could probably cause diabetes.

The moment Wonwoo stepped foot into the school's premises, he knew something was amiss.

"Dude, did you see what happened?" He heard a student asking his friend. "The chairs were all tempered with. Everyone who took a seat fell straight down!" 

"Are you serious? Don't you think the Invisible Pranksters are taking it too far now?"

Wonwoo frowned as he heard this, confused by the strange events and the mention of the Invisible Pranksters, which just so happened to be Mingyu's secret identity.

While he was climbing the stairs, some students were running down, talking hurriedly to their friends. 

"Guys, guys, guys! You've got to see this!"

"Yeah, the desks of the Year 3s got vandalised. And when I say vandalised, I mean like spray paint and ."

Spray... Paint?

"And, apparently this Wonwoo kid is definitely gay? I don't know who that is but it's written in big letters on his desk. And Si Ho is definitely cheating on her boyfriend."

"Are you serious, bro? And is this dude really gay? Man, that's sick."

Wonwoo stood rooted to the ground. Was there another Wonwoo in this school? Was there another Wonwoo who's gay, for that matter? A sick feeling settled in the pit of his stomach, and he felt as though he would throw up his breakfast. 

He mustered enough strength to get to the fourth floor where his classroom was located. Along the hallway, students were gathered outside a classroom. 

3-2.

Each step felt heavy as Wonwoo slowly walked towards the crowd. He looked through the window of the first classroom, 3-1, and was surprised to see words spray painted on each table. Some seemed like compliments, others were just insults and lewd words that made him cringe.

Goody two shoes

Smart alec

​Cheater

Too friendly

Hot af (can I bang u?)

Most likely gay

Nerd

Wonwoo decided to stop reading each word. He was now much more afraid of what was written on his table. He already had an inkling of what it most likely was, if there wasn't another person with the same name as him.

As he neared his classroom, some students who were returning to their own classes passed by him, most of them staring at him openly. There were some among them who then whispered to their friends. 

"That's him, right?" A girl asked her friend as the both of them looked towards Wonwoo.

"Definitely." She sighed. "Such a waste, with those good looks..."

Wonwoo was astonished to have witnessed the students who had gossiped about him right in front of him. 

The small crowd outside the classroom parted as Wonwoo arrived and entered. He spotted his friends straight away. They wore worried expressions as they stood next to their broken chairs and vandalised desks. 

"Wonwoo​-ah..." Soonyoung called out softly, but the other didn't respond. 

Wonwoo was busy staring at his table, and he really did feel like throwing up then.

On his table, two words were written in big, capital letters.

DEFINITELY
GAY

And as though to support the statement, there were pictures pasted on the side of his desk.

Pictures of him and Mingyu hugging at the rooftop.

With his face clearly seen.

 

 

 

A/N: *plays dramatic music*

whatever could this mean?
whoever could have done this?
it...it can't be mingyu
or can it?
or can it be someone working with mingyu?
or maybe the ghost?
who knows?
the endless possibilities 
for me to know and for you to find out 
a cookie for those who are able to figure it out

There's around 1000 words extra in this chapter. I usually try to standardise it to around 2000 words. But there's so much to be written here. I'm planning to have a short bonus chapter about what goes on in the mind of Choi Seungcheol. Lol. Tell me if I should include that in or just make it an open kind of plot where you're just gonna have to guess. xP Btw I'm trying to explore how I could position the texts parts so pardon me if it looks weird on whatever device you're reading this on. 

Again, I googled on how to write a french kiss scene. I can't believe I really just searched that lmao. The things this meanie fanfic made me do. The next thing you know I'd be writing ....

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) *in you's voice* "Do it"

^^^ omg I've always wanted to use that code so your usernames appear lmaooo

Oh, aaaaaaand

HAPPY NEW YEARRRRR

IT'S THE YEAR 20SVT 

THE YEAR OF SEVENTEEN

SEVENTEEN'S YEAR (ayeeee I used the official colours of Seventeen  ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) )

Because Soonyoung said so, so IT DEFINITELY IS GONNA BE SEVENTEEN'S YEAR, OKAY 

Sometimes I feel like I'm being uselessly hyper in my author's note ok bye