Telling the Truth

The Invisible Pranksters

(Ok, so ignore the "preview I gave in the previous chapter. I didn't realise there was a lot to write about what happened shortly after the ending of last chapter. Also, a special scene right at the end. ;)))))) )

All eyes were locked on two boys holding hands as they walked down the hallway. 

The announcement to gather at the assembly ground came as Wonwoo and Mingyu decided to head back to their own classes. After finally clearing up his thoughts, Wonwoo held onto Mingyu's hand tighter, ignoring the looks of the other students. Yes, that's right. I'm dating Kim Mingyu. I have a boyfriend. I'm Kim Mingyu's boyfriend. Kim Mingyu is my boyfriend. He held back a smile. 

They parted as they joined their respective classmates, and Soonyoung gave him an encouraging pat on the back. 

"I hope that everything's good between you and Mingyu. Besides, I need to interrogate him about you-know-what." Soonyoung wiggled his eyebrows. 

Seungcheol punched him in the arm before looking at Wonwoo. "You sure he has nothing to do with all these?" 

Wonwoo nodded eagerly. "Definitely. I know this is a little overwhelming to take in, but... Mingyu's a really sweet person. He wouldn't and won't hurt anyone," he assured them with a smile. His friend nodded. 

"But if he didn't do all these... Then who?" Jun asked aloud, making the group of friends stare at him with the same thoughtful expression. "And the pictures of you and Mingyu at the rooftop- which you two looked cute in by the way. Who could've taken those pictures?" 

Their discussion came to a halt as the students were directed to walk down to the assembly ground. 

*

A loud bang echoed around the area as Principal Choi hit the ground with a long wooden stick.

"This..." he sighed angrily. "This has gotten out of hand. The pranks were one thing, but to temper with the chairs and paint the desks with vulgarities is vandalism, which is a crime! The school board and I have discussed this matter thoroughly and have concluded that we will now take further action. If we have to bring in the police for this, then so be it! Let the school's reputation go down rather than have this barbaric act continue in the school and cause further inconvenience to everyone."

The principal suddenly nodded towards the side, and teachers walked forward. Everyone had a cane in their hands. 

"Due to the fact that the culprit will not admit to their mistakes, we have decided to punish each and everyone of you. If the culprit has the slightest bit of conscience, please step forward. Or else, reflect on your guilt, if you have some, during the weekends and own up. We will lighten your punishments if you do so."

An uproar among the students arose, but was quickly diminished with Principal Choi's loud order for them to quiet.

"Everyone hold your hands up and wait for your teacher to come to you. I do not want to hear any talking at all!"

Mingyu's eyes widened as he saw that the principal was dead serious about punishing all the students. Upon realising that the punishment was a hit on the hands with the cane, he looked around frantically before spotting Wonwoo in between the students lined up. Wonwoo's hand was still wrapped in the bandage from earlier, and it must currently still be injured. 

As if feeling eyes on him, Wonwoo looked around, his eyes landing on Mingyu. 

The younger gestured to his hand with a panic and apologetic expression. He suddenly thought that he had to own up. Although the vandalism wasn't his work, the other pranks were. Furthermore, if he did own up, no one would have to be hit. 

Wonwoo shook his head knowingly with a frown, mouthing, Don't you dare do anything! Mingyu shook his head, looking determined, before slumping his shoulders at the older's warning gaze. 

When the teacher finally came to his side, he closed his eyes and winced, feeling the sting as the cane came into contact with his hands. Though the assembly ground was silent, there were a few soft yelps every now and then from some students.

Mingyu's eyes sought out Wonwoo once again, finding him just as his teacher brought her cane down to his uninjured hand. The younger sighed in relief as he thought that Wonwoo must have told the teacher about his injured hand. 

Once everyone had their turn, the principal announced for everyone to return to their classes and clean up their classrooms. The tables were to be cleaned and the chairs were to be stowed at a corner. The students were then allowed to leave the school as the staff tried to find replacements for the broken chairs. Fortunately, as it was a Friday, they had the weekend to do so. 

While Mingyu was picking up the pieces of the broken chair, he turned to his friends who were groaning from their bent position. "I'm sorry, guys."

Jeonghan and Seokmin turned to him curiously. Even Minghao stopped what he was doing and stared at him.

"Why would you be sorry, Mingyu?" Jeonghan asked.

"I... I'll explain everything after school, okay? It's time that I'll explain to all you," Mingyu responded, going back to his task. 

After the chairs were pushed to a corner, the students were allowed to leave. The teachers warned them to go straight home as their parents had been called to inform them of the matter. 

However, the eight friends met up once more at the school gate to hang out outside the convenience store. 

"Hey, Gyu," Wonwoo greeted, reaching out his hand to take Mingyu's bravely. 

The younger had a wide grin plastered on his face at this. There were still some nosy students who saw this act and stared at their interlocked hands, but the couple seemed to not notice as they gazed into each other's eyes with a smile.

"Aigoo, look at them being all sweet and lovey-dovey," Jeonghan spoke.

"I'm going to have diabetes," Minghao suddenly added in before he walked off first with Jun on his tail.

"Let's go everyone, before the teachers come out and really make sure we go home," Soonyoung said, running off behind Minghao. 

Mingyu and Wonwoo looked at their friends who were all leaving, before deciding to follow them. They walked together, hand-in-hand.

"Are you ready to explain to them?" Wonwoo asked. 

Mingyu sighed. "I guess. I mean, it has to be done, right? They're my friends anyways. And after I tell them everything, maybe I'll stop all this." 

The older looked up in surprise. "Stop what?"

"The pranking" Mingyu replied, watching his friends from the back. "It's not that I don't trust them to not let out my secret. I need to evantually stop doing pranks in school. I got lucky during all those times I didn't get caught. But lately I've found myself in sticky situations that almost had me get caught, what with the security guard now roaming the school."

Wonwoo nodded. "I understand. Whatever it is, it's your choice, Gyu. You decided which decision is best for you."

Mingyu looked towards Wonwoo, swinging their hands. "Thanks. And sorry you only got to do one prank with me. I know how much you wanted to do it."

"It's okay. I've done it once and finally got to experience the thrill of it all. That's more than what I could ask for." He grinned back at the taller.

"Yah! Aren't you going to hurry up? Stop showing your affection now, you still have time later!" Soonyoung shouted from in front of them.

"Guess we need to hurry up," Mingyu said, as he pulled Wonwoo's hand to catch up with their friends. 

Once they had reached their destination, they pulled two tables together to accommodate the 8 boys. 

"Okay, Kim Mingyu. Explain," Seungcheol spoke curtly. 

"Explain what, though?" Jeonghan asked. As Jeonghan, Seokmin and Minghao weren't there to witness Wonwoo saying that Mingyu was the Invisible Prankster, they were clueless.

Mingyu took a deep breath, sitting straighter in his seat. Wonwoo gave him an encouraging pat on his thigh. 

"As some of you may have overheard, you may already know. But before I do explain, however, just know that I would have eventually told all of you. It just so happened that the cat's out of the bag this soon." 

"What is it, Mingyu?" Seokmin asked.

"You know all the pranks that has happened in this school? Well, except for what happened today." Everyone nodded. "Those... Were my doings."

"Huh?" Jeonghan, Seokmin and Minghao exclaimed at the same time. Seokmin had his hand on his head in surprise. It was a funny sight to see, though.

"The Invisible Pranksters, or rather prankster, is me. Now before you get into conclusions, what happened today was definitely not my doings. I would never hurt anyone in my pranks. The pranks I did... They were for fun. They were just to amuse me and the rest of the students in school. Like I said, I wouldn't hurt anyone. I wouldn't put hurtful words on the senior's tables, and I wouldn't, for the life of me, hurt Wonwoo. I'm sorry for creating all this mess that accumulated till today, and causing all of you to be punished." He hung his head down low, before giving a short ninety-degrees bow.

Mingyu's friends still looked shocked at this revelation, as they stared with their mouths agape. 

"No wonder you seemed so closed up towards us before..." Seokmin muttered.

"But wait," Soonyoung spoke up. "How did Wonwoo know?"

Wonwoo cleared his throat. "Well, for the record, I came up with the aluminium foil prank."

"Eh?!" Now six pairs of eyes stared at Wonwoo incredulously. The latter laughed.

"Wonwoo caught me while I was about to do the prank on the principal. By then there was a night guard employed to roam around the school, and Wonwoo insisted on wanting to join me, as payment for what I did to his locker," Mingyu explained, a small smile on his face as he recalled that moment. "He helped me tremendously that night, and we became friends from there, then... boyfriends." He blushed. 

"Wow," Jun drawled. "So when you introduced Mingyu to us, you both were already together?" 

Wonwoo nodded, scratching the back of his head sheepishly.

"I'm curious though, why did you choose to prank Wonwoo specifically that day?" Soonyoung asked. 

"Ahh, that. I was in the middle of doing the bean sprout prank at the computer lab when I overheard him saying that I wouldn't pull another prank right after the one I did on the teachers' chairs. I kinda wanted to proof him wrong?" It came out more like a question as he felt Wonwoo glaring from his side. The older certainly did not know this fact. 

"Uh-oh, there's gonna be trouble in paradise soon. I'm out, bye everyone!" Seokmin spoke quickly, before running away. 

Soonyoung, the ever-so-loyal friend, rushed after him. "Hey, wait for me! You promised to play my new game with me...!"

"Yup, I'm definitely not gonna be here for a lovers' spat. Let's go, Minghao," Jun said, speaking the last sentence in Mandarin to Minghao. 

"Why? I feel like I'm watching a drama," Jeonghan gushed as he rested his chin on a palm while watching the couple in utmost interest. 

Seungcheol stood up, dragging Jeonghan up by his collar and causing the other to whine. "Let's go, Jeonghan..."

"Can't I just watch them? I promise I'll be silent. It'll be as if I'm not- Yah, Seungcheol, don't hug me!" 

Wonwoo watched as his friend pushed Jeonghan away by hugging him from behind. The redness of Seungcheol's face was not unnoticeable in the daylight, however. 

"Did you see that?" Wonwoo asked as their friends left.

"Yup. Our friends are all crazy," Mingyu replied. 

"No, not that... I mean Seungcheol..." He trailed off. 

"What about him?"

Wonwoo shook his head. "Nothing, I might be wrong..." He turned to Mingyu then, eyes narrowed into slits. "Why have I not heard that you put raw fish in my locker all because I said you wouldn't do another prank again?" 

Mingyu laughed nervously. "It's not like that, Wonwoo. I saw you at the convenience store and had second thoughts about putting the fish in your locker- Anyways, we weren't friends at that time, right? Hehe...

The older slapped his upper arm repeatedly. "Did you know how bad the smell was from inside my classroom? Imagine how it was in my locker? It was thrice, no, a million times bad!"

"Ow! I'm sorry- ow! I'll make it up to you!" Mingyu said as he tried to avoid the other's hits.

"Buy me ramen now," Wonwoo ordered. 

"That's... It?" The younger asked doubtfully. Wonwoo nodded, before Mingyu quickly ran into the store.

Once the glass door closed behind him, the older allowed a large grin to slip onto his face. He couldn't be angry at the younger, he was just too cute and innocent. 

Mingyu reappeared from the store, carefully carrying the bowl of ramen and placing it in front of Wonwoo.

"I- I added some cheese in it with, um- Uh... With some sausages too," he stuttered, and Wonwoo couldn't keep his serious facade as he burst into laughter. "Why... Why are you laughing?" Mingyu himself felt his lips twitch up. Seeing Wonwoo laugh like this made him happy.

"Oh, Mingyu. My precious, innocent, puppy Mingyu," Wonwoo said as he calmed down. He brought a hand up to pat Mingyu's head. "I'm not really mad at you for that."

"You're... Not?"

"Why would I? You're too cute when you stutter," the older laughed.

Mingyu smiled, pulling him in for a hug. "That's a relief. I really thought you were mad at me. I'm still sorry for doing that to your locker, though." 

Wonwoo rubbed his back, before pulling away. "Should we share this ramen before heading to your place to watch a movie?" He suggested. 

The younger nodded enthusiastically. "Maybe you can stay for the night, too? My sister's going for a short trip today with her colleagues, so I'll be lonely," he told the older dramatically. 

Wonwoo rolled his eyes. "I'll have to call my parents first. Don't forget you're having dinner with my family tomorrow night," he reminded.

"I definitely can't forget about that," Mingyu replied, as the both of them finished the ramen. 

***

"The movie is so boring. Why did you even choose this movie?" Mingyu whined.

Wonwoo sighed. "Okay, what do you want to watch?"

The response he recieved surprised him as he was suddenly pushed down on the sofa and straddled on.

"What the heck, Mingyu?" He said incredulously, though the shaking in his voice betrayed his true feelings.

"Let's do something else," Mingyu suggested cheerfully.

"Oh, like what? Making out on your sofa while your sister's away?" 

"Oh, Jeon Wonwoo. That's not a bad idea!" 

The older slapped his forehead, and before he could prepare himself, Mingyu had landed his lips on his. Wonwoo knew he was weak for Mingyu, and so he gave in to the younger's advancements, closing his eyes and relishing the feeling of his soft lips.

Watch a movie. Yeah, sure. Wonwoo thought as laid on the sofa, feeling kisses now being peppered down his jawline. 

Mingyu kissed down all the way to Wonwoo's neck and gently on a spot, eliciting a low moan from the older. Wonwoo had his palms flat against Mingyu's back as he pulled him closer down. He raked a hand through the younger's hair, pulling it up so that their lips could meet again. 

Their lips fitted like lock and key, like they were meant for each other. They moved in-sync urgently as they filled the silent room with groans and moans. There was no doubt that the atmosphere between them had heated up.

Wonwoo slipped his uninjured hand under Mingyu's shirt, feeling his soft skin with his fingertips. The younger shivered under his touch. Slowly, he pushed his shirt up until Mingyu finally took the initiative to remove it completely, throwing it next to the couch. Wonwoo's face heated up upon seeing Mingyu's bare chest. 

Mingyu leaned back down to reconnect their lips in a heated kiss. The older dared himself to let his hands run up the front of his torso in feather-like touches from the younger's faint abs, to his s. Mingyu opened his mouth to moan, before Wonwoo's tongue invaded his mouth, dominating the kiss.

From his straddled position on the older, Mingyu had found the courage to bring his lower body down to grind on Wonwoo. Both males let out a moan. Furthermore, it was obvious- the two were definitely aroused. Wonwoo wrapped his legs around him.

", Wonwoo," Mingyu breathed as they took a break, with Wonwoo continuing to kiss the younger's neck. "I love you so ing much." 

With nimble fingers, he hastily ed the uniform shirt that the older was still wearing. Like what Wonwoo had done previously, he ran his hands down his body. 

"We... Can't... Continue this... Here..." Wonwoo panted, pushing the younger off and gazing into his eyes. 

Their eyes were glazed over in a strong emotion that was new to the two boys. Sure they had made out before, but that night, the two felt as though they were able to advance further. 

Mingyu nodded as he got up, pulling Wonwoo along. They barely closed the door to his room before Mingyu pushed the older against the wall, resuming their kiss that soon transformed into something more.

 

 

A/N: I CAN'T CONTINUE FROM HERE IT'S SO EMBARRASSING PLS FORGIVE ME I TRIED TO MAKE IT AS NATURAL AS POSSIBLE.

So yeah, they haven't had their dinner yet, just the confrontation with their friends. And for those who didn't get Seungcheol's bonus chapter, I think you'll get it now, yes? xD 

Ok for real though, trying to write is so awkward HAHAHAHA HAHA HA ha. I'm not cut out for it. But maybe, just MAYBE if I get the courage and if some of you actually really wants it, then MAYBE I'll go all the way. LOL. But just know they may have went all the way here. Who knows. We'll find out next chapter. ;)))) 

And, I may or may not have written another Meanie fic that's gonna be a short story. I know I have this fic and another fic I wanted to write after I finished this, but I had this idea for too long and I just had to write it down lmao. The chapter's not up yet, but it will be soon. It's called "Love of a Doll" which is set in the olden times I guess, there's no specific settings cuz I don't wanna write based on specific settings and all. The story is about a two-year-old Mingyu (who may or may not be the firstborn Prince) who gets cursed into getting trapped in a doll of a peasant (who may or may not be Wonwoo) and when Mingyu turns 18, he can only turn into a human under the moonlight and turn back into a doll at sunrise. So of course, 16 years later, Wonwoo still keeps the doll and cares for it and Mingyu may or may not have fallen in love with him. He turns into a human and blah blah blah pls read it when it's out and tell me what you think of it maybe? I gave out too many spoilers here consider yourselves lucky ;D

That is all for now and next update will probably take quite some time cuz school is getting too hectic these days and I'm probably literally going crazy. 

Oh, DID U ALL WATCH GDA LIKE YASS OUR BOYS WON A BONSANG WITH MONSTAX I WAS SCREAMING. And did you watch the backstage interview or smth with Mingyu Wonwoo and Jun and after they finished and walked off, Mingyu put his hands on Wonwoo's lower back and I just about died because the Meanie feels is too strong.