Suspicion

The Invisible Pranksters

The moment Wonwoo stepped into class, he realised that the chairs and desks were replaced with new ones. He figured that the vandalised furniture from before had already been disposed off. 

As he walked towards his seat where his friends were already gathered, one of his classmates, Seungjun, stopped him.

"Hey Wonwoo," he spoke, his hands behind his back as his eyes were wide. "So about last week... Is it true? That you're gay, I mean."

Wonwoo shifted from foot to foot, before nodding. He cleared his throat. "Um, yeah..."

"So, the other guy in that picture is your boyfriend?" He asked. When Wonwoo nodded again, he continued. "And your parents are okay with it?"

"Thankfully, they are," Wonwoo replied, a small smile now playing on his lips. 

Another one of his classmate, Myungeun, joined in, "I heard that your boyfriend is Kim Mingyu, the cute junior. Ah, you're so lucky..." 

Wonwoo chuckled, feeling his cheeks heat up. "Yeah, I am lucky..."

Another person seemed to have caught the attention of Seungjun as the tall boy ran out. "Jihun, wait!"

Myungeun leaned in closer to Wonwoo, her hand cupping the side of . "I'm pretty sure he's gay for Jihun, too. Especially now that it's known that someone in our school is gay, Seungjun has been showing excessive affection to Jihun a lot since early this morning."

Wonwoo looked towards the direction of where Seungjun just left, feeling a surge of pride that if Seungjun really was gay, then he had played a small part in giving his classmate courage to be himself.

When he took a seat with his friends, they turned all their attentions towards him.

"So, how's your boyfriend?" Junhui asked teasingly, earning a hit from Wonwoo.

"Mingyu is fine, thank you very much," Wonwoo replied, rolling his eyes. "And mind you, we came out to my parents and they accepted us-- well, mostly my mom."

"That's great, Wonwoo!" Seungcheol spoke, clapping him on the back. "What about your bro?" 

"He accepted us too. I'm just so... happy..."

"I'm glad you're happy," Soonyoung said. "And you're lucky too. Because, you know, of who your boyfriend really is..."

Junhui slapped him on the back of his head. "Speak about it more and you'll be the cause of Mingyu's expel." 

Soonyoung made a motion of zipping his mouth as he smiled cheekily at Wonwoo. 

As Wonwoo stared at his friends who were all talking like nothing had changed, he felt like his life was coming together.

*

"So my uncle said that they're still investigating who was responsible for last week's incident, and no one had came to admit. So now they're basically back to square one because the police can't do much as there's absolutely no evidence, and the culprit obviously has no remorse whatsoever," Seungcheol spoke, before scooping a spoon of rice into his mouth.

"The more I think about it, the more it just gets in my nerves," Junhui said. "How dare this person write mean things on the senior's tables. This dude better be the same age and not younger, or I'll be much more mad. Oh, your boyfriend is here, Wonwoo."

Wonwoo sat up straighter as he turned around, looking for Mingyu. Ignoring the his friends' teasing, he called out to him. "Mingyu, here!"

Mingyu spotted Wonwoo at once and jogged towards the table, his other friends trailing behind and cooing at the couple's cuteness. He took the seat next to the older, leaning in for a quick hug. Wonwoo felt so much lighter now that he was free to show his affection for Mingyu even in school. Although it was all still new to him and he felt self-conscious, seeing Mingyu's smile made up for it. 

The other half of their group greeted each other as they sat with their trays of food, and soon, they were all bickering loudly as usual.

"So how was your Sunday?" Wonwoo asked Mingyu, placing a piece of meat on the younger's spoon. 

Mingyu's smile turned into a pout. "It was boring without you. I had to watch Pororo all day."

Wonwoo laughed, not hesitating to peck him on the lips. "Aww, did you miss me? For the record, I missed you too, actually."

"I am actually going to barf," Minghao's voice spoke loudly. 

Mingyu glared at him. "I actually liked you better when you didn't speak much."

Wonwoo stared at them amusedly, before eating his lunch. 

When the taller's attention was back on Wonwoo, he decided to bring up another topic. "You know your brother's friend, Hansol, right?"

Wonwoo nodded, turning to him curiously. "Yeah, what about him?"

"We walked together for a bit on Saturday, and there's just something off about him. He says he hates school, and that since his parents are always moving, he has to too. So he doesn't want to commit to a friendship."

The older frowned. "But then what is Seungkwan to him? Seungkwan is always continuously talking about him and praising him..."

"That's what I was thinking. And while we talked briefly about the prank, he seemed so... smug about it."

"You don't think he was the culprit, do you?" Wonwoo asked him in shock.

Mingyu looked slightly guilty. "I may have had that thought ever since...?"

"To Seungkwan, Hansol is a valuable friend. I really don't want to hurt his feelings if I ever have to tell him that his friend isn't who he thinks he is," Wonwoo spoke worriedly. "I just hope that what you're thinking is wrong." He offered a smile. "Thank you for worrying though."

"What are you guys talking about?" Seokmin interrupted. "I heard the name Hansol. Isn't he that foreign looking dude in Year 1?"

Mingyu turned his attention towards him. "You know him?"

"Well, I don't know him, but I've heard of him, you know. It's just that his reputation back in America wasn't really good. He liked to stir up trouble too."

"And how did you get this info?" Wonwoo asked, leaning against Mingyu to talk to Seokmin closely. The taller's arm went round his waist instinctively. 

"I talk to people, you know? And then all these gossips come up and one of them happened to be about this Hansol dude. So who is he?" Seokmin asked.

Mingyu didn't like the worried frown that seemed to etch itself onto Wonwoo's forehead. "My younger brother's friend," Wonwoo replied.

*

Mingyu stood at the gate with Jeonghan as he waited for Wonwoo. The rest of his friends had other things they wanted to do and couldn't hang out after school. Jeonghan claimed that he was too bored to go back home, and wanted to spend time with Mingyu and Wonwoo, not caring if he would be the third-wheel.

The taller's eyes were suddenly fixed onto two incoming figures. He observed as Seungkwan and Hansol appeared, with the former talking animatedly. Hansol was simply nodding, laughing at certain times. Mingyu wondered if the laugh was even genuine. 

"Oh, Mingyu hyung! Are you waiting for my brother?" Seungkwan asked him when he was spotted by the younger.

Mingyu smiled. "Yeah. You and Hansol gonna hang out?"

Seungkwan nodded rapidly. "Yup! He's going to bring me to the new arcade down the street that I've been wanting to go but didn't wanna go alone." 

"I see." Mingyu turned towards Hansol, who was simply smiling innocently at him as if he hadn't basically said that his friendship with Seungkwan wasn't serious. "He's like my brother now. Take care of him properly, okay?" The younger nodded.

Mingyu frowned as he watched the two walk off. Did he have the right to be suspicious of the foreign junior, who happened to be a really good friend that Seungkwan practically worshipped? 

"What's got your pretty face scrunched up like that?" Wonwoo's voice asked next to him. 

Mingyu's frown immediately morphed into a bright smile. "Hey, Wonwoo." He waved at Seungcheol who came with him. "Hey, Seungcheol." 

"Seungcheol doesn't want to go home yet, so I invited him to hang out with us, since Jeonghan would be too," Wonwoo explained as the four started walking. "So are you going to tell me what's disturbing you?" he asked again, grabbing onto the taller's soft hands.

"Just... your brother and Hansol..."

Wonwoo stilled for a second. "Oh."

"I hope I can find out what he's really up to," the taller spoke. "He's really confusing."

The older turned to him, detaching his hand from his so that he could wrap his arm around him. "Thank you for worrying. I really appreciate it. We can work on this together, okay?"

Mingyu nodded, leaning down to kiss Wonwoo's forehead softly. "Okay. Where do you want to go now?"

"Let's hang out at your place?" Wonwoo suggested. 

"The last time we did that, we didn't really do much hanging out. Something else was, though."

Wonwoo's face reddened as he slapped the younger on the chest. "Excuse me, but we have two other people with us now, we couldn't be doing anything else even if we wanted to." They turned towards their other two friends who seemed to be having their own conversation.

"Let's go to the arcade, then. Your brother said Hansol was going to bring him there," Mingyu said. "Are you two okay with going to the new arcade?" He asked Jeonghan and Seungcheol. 

They nodded. "It's been some time since I've went to an arcade anyways," Seungcheol spoke.

"To the arcade, it is, then!" Wonwoo said enthusiastically, pointing to the direction of it. 

Seungkwan and Hansol already had a head start from them and was already busy in a shooting game when they reached.

Seungkwan side-glanced towards Wonwoo once before focusing back on the game. "Hyung! You're here too?" 

"Yup. Have fun playing!" Wonwoo said. His brother grunted in response.

"Mingyu, let's go play that basketball thing!" Wonwoo suggested as he pulled onto the taller's hand. He looked back to see if his friends were following, but the two had went their own ways, playing other games.

Mingyu and Wonwoo had a mini competition to see who could shoot the ball into the hoop the most. The younger, being slightly more athletic than his book-loving boyfriend, was scoring one after another at rapid speed, shocking Wonwoo. This then resulted in the older embracing his immature side as he poked Mingyu's side to distract him. Alas, Wonwoo still lost to Mingyu and owed him a wish.

"I'm gonna save it," Mingyu declared, causing Wonwoo to groan.

"Are you serious? I just want to get this over and done with."

"No can do, Jeon Wonwoo- Hey that rhymes! Anyway, you're gonna have to wait, my love," Mingyu winked, laughing. 

Wonwoo's lips twitched at Mingyu calling him 'love'. A commotion from a ways away caught their attention, and the both turned their attention at a boy who was skillfully doing the steps at a dancing game where he had to step on the lighted tiles. At a careful glance, Wonwoo realised it was Seungcheol, and the children around him were looking on at awe as they cheered for him. Even Jeonghan was jumping as he shouted for Seungcheol. 

The couple walked over to them, and found that Seungkwan and Hansol were some of those who were watching Seungcheol play. 

"Hyung!" Seungkwan exclaimed as he spotted Wonwoo. "Look at Seungcheol hyung play that. He's so good!"

Just then, the game ended, and as expected, Seungcheol had achieved the high score. He looked smug as he hopped off the platform, before his cheeks reddened when Jeonghan hung his arm around his neck. "You did great, Seungcheol! I'm so proud you're my friend!"

Hansol scoffed. "I bet I can beat his score," he spoke, causing oohs to erupt. 

He removed his bag, passing it to Seungkwan, and got on the platform to start the game. Hansol was definitely good at this game too, and soon, everyone was watching intently, with Seungkwan cheering for his friend. At some point of time, he had shoved Hansol's bag that he was carrying to Wonwoo, who unconsciously took it. "Wait, since when was I carrying this?"

Wonwoo stared at the bag incredulously, wondering why he had to carry his brother's friend's bag, when a sprinkle of paint on it grabbed his attention. The paint was in different colours-- some black and white, some red and green. He wondered if his brother was taking art classes that semester, but was sure that they didn't. The more he stared at the paint, the more the colours seemed familiar. 

They were the colour of the paint on the senior's desks. 

"Who's bag are you carrying?" Mingyu asked amusedly, before registering Wonwoo's serious face. His eyes followed the older's gaze towards the paint spots. "Those look like it came from spray paint. Wait-- Who's bag is this?" He asked, eyes wide.

Wonwoo looked up. "Hansol's."

 

 

A/N: I kinda like this chapter? You can see the funny Gyuhao friendship at it's finest at the start. xD and then there's Seungcheol and Jeonghan lmaooo. What do you guys think about Hansol? Do you think he has the potential to change his mindset and actually value Seungkwan's friendship?

And did you all see that not-so-subtle Seungjun and Jihun thing at the start? Huehue. I couldn't help it, they're both just so affectionate with each other irl. Heck, Seungjun even told Jihun to ask the fortune teller once what it'd be like if he were to be married with Seungjun. They were that obvious. xD I can make a long list of the times they were both obvious tbh HAHAHAHA.

Anyways, thank you for continuously supporting my fic, and my other fic too. ;-; I love you all, muah muahhhh :*

Again, updates will be slow. :(

BTW, I just updated the bonus chapter for my other fic, go check it out if you haven't! ^^