The Invisible Pranksters

The Invisible Pranksters

As scheduled, everyone gathered outside the convenience store on time and was dressed appropriately. From the point of view of someone who was walking by, the group of friends simply looked like they were just up to no good. Even the cashier in the store kept stealing glances at them, and if it weren't for the fact that he knew that the boys were regulars, he would have already called the cops on them.

While everyone was dressed in basic black outfit, Soonyoung and Seokmin had arrived in all-leather costumes one would find in a spy movie. In addition to that, they had on shades. Mingyu wondered why he ever befriended them. 

A buzz in his pocket called for his attention, and he fished out his handphone, finding a message from Wonwoo saying that he was on the way to the library with the security guard. He'd also tried his best to jam a pen at the door so that Mingyu would have access to the security cameras. 

Realising that it was time, he got the others to calm down from their excitement. 

"You guys remember the plan and how to enter, right?" Mingyu asked them, and they nodded in response. "Five minutes interval. I'll be going first to switch off the cameras and carry out my part. Then Jeonghan and Seungcheol will go next, and so on. Understand?" He reminded.

"You've told that to us about a billion times," Junhui rolled his eyes playfully. "We got this."

Mingyu drew in a breath. It's time. Getting on his bicycle so that he could have a head start, he set off towards the familiar direction of the school. 

When the building came into view, he remembered to stop a few blocks away, hiding his bicycle in the dark alleyway. Then, he stealthily ran towards the back gate. Mingyu felt as though his skills in being stealthy had gotten rusty due to not doing any pranks for the past few weeks. 

Creeping past the blind spot of a security camera, he made his way towards the security room. True enough, Wonwoo had allowed a gap for him to enter. Looking around once, he opened he door and entered. As he had once controlled the system, turning off all the security cameras was no difficult feat. In a few seconds, with a few clicks and presses of the keyboard, all the cameras turned off. He smiled, satisfied. 

Mingyu checked his watch once to see that Jeonghan and Seungcheol should already be on their way there. He quickened his pace and ran up the stairs, trying not to make much noise. Knowing that the security camera in front of the principal's office had been turned off previously, he confidently pick-locked the door and opened it. He eyed the camera where the usual blinking red light was now no longer there. 

ping his bag, he pulled out a note and a lucky cat figurine, getting to work.

"This is it. Commencing... Mission: Final Prank."

*
"This is so fun!" Jeonghan whispered loudly as he entered the unlocked gate. 

Seungcheol smiled, but placed a finger against his lips to remind the other to stay quiet. After all, they never knew just who could pop out. 

The duo followed the path that had been taught by Mingyu the day before. They also checked if all the security cameras had really turned off.  

When they reached the third year's classrooms on the fourth floor, they started from the one at the other end of the hallway. Seungcheol held Jeonghan's hand a little more tighter as he was being pulled by an excited Jeonghan. 

The younger first tried the door, and found that it wasn't locked. He was really thankful for that. They quickly got to work, taking out the chocolates from Seungcheol's bag and placing one on each of the desk. While Jeonghan got started first, Seungcheol pinned a typed note on the board before joining the former. 

As the two allowed the night's silence to fill the atmosphere, with an occassional sound of the rustling of plastic, Seungcheol allowed himself to stare at the other. Jeonghan was actually working his best, placing each Hershey's kiss on the desk nicely. Once in a while, he would catch the younger eating a piece for himself. 

"Hey, Jeonghan," Seungcheol called softly as he walked next to him. "Do you really love those Hershey's kisses?"

Jeonghan nodded absentmindedly. "Yes, I do. Why?"

"Do you know what else is better than that?" Seungcheol asked. "A real kiss."

Before Jeonghan could process it, Seungcheol had swooped down and placed a chaste kiss on the younger's unsuspecting lips.

*

"I don't get why we have to help Mingyu. What if we get caught?"

"Minghao, isn't he like, your friend?"

"Well, yeah." 

"Then stop complaining."

"I'm not."

"You are."

"I'm not.

It was a never-ending exchange of Mandarin words.

"You would probably never admit to this, but I'm pretty sure you still love Mingyu as a friend. After all, if it weren't for him dating Wonwoo, we would probably have never met," Junhui spoke as they reached the gate. He smiled fondly at the other. "And we get to speak our own language."

Minghao shrugged, attempting to act nonchalant. He knew Junhui was right. "Well," he dragged out, "I guess you're right."

Junhui chuckled quietly as they entered the school building, punching his friend in the arm jokingly.

*

"I can't see."

"That's 'cuz you have the shades on, dear. Take it off, it helps," Soonyoung joked. 

Seokmin took the pair of sunglasses off with a pout. "But we won't look like legit spies now."

The older patted his shoulder encouragingly. "We still have the leather coat and jeans, Min. We're still spies."

Seokmin beamed.

As the two of them reached the back door, they leaned against the wall next to it. They figured that if all the cameras were already turned off, it wouldn't hurt to "play spy". 

Soonyoung looked towards Seokmin, nodding once. With that signal, the latter turned the knob to the door pushing it open quietly. He slipped inside, looking around before signaling Soonyoung to enter with a waggle of a finger. 

Once they reached a corner, Seokmin leaned against the wall, peering over to see if there was anyone. Of course, there wasn't. 

"Clear," he whispered, and the comedic duo set off once again.

*

Wonwoo bounced his feet worriedly as he stared at the security guard. He had somehow managed to convince the elder to accompany him and play a round of chess. So far, Wonwoo had already lost half his pawns, both castles, a horse, and his Queen. He was that bad. 

He watched as the guard concentrated on the board, before moving his bishop and effectively "killing" another horse. His own bishops had somehow managed to stay on the board. Maybe it was because they don't go straight, like his uality. 

The security guard, that Wonwoo soon learned was named Mr. Lee, laughed heartily. "You still have a lot to learn about chess, boy. My own grandson managed to perfect the skills at just seven. Now he's in chess club, winning for the school constantly. Ah, my dear Chan."

Although part of him was still anxious, Wonwoo couldn't help but smile at the other's affection for his family. Mr. Lee was indeed a really nice man. 

Wonwoo then turned to look at the watch. The others still had five minutes to go before he could let Mr. Lee go. He figured that he really had to let him go soon as the game was definitely going to end. Mingyu promised that he would text Wonwoo to give him the green signal.

 

It was ten minutes past the intended time, and Wonwoo still hadn't received any messages. He was currently just listening to Mr. Lee's stories of when he was a rebellious teen. Their game of chess had ended quickly with the results being obvious. At that moment, the words were simply entering his right ear and leaving the left. 

Finally, he felt a buzz in his pocket, and quickly took it out to check it.

MG: We're done. (:
MG: All of us are back out.
MG: Hope you weren't too bored

Wonwoo looked up from his phone and smiled at the elder, who was about to go down into another memory lane. "I'm sorry, Mr. Lee. My mom just texted me to tell me to come home soon. I should go now."

Mr. Lee clapped his hand in realisation, checking his watch. "Ah, would you look at the time. Yes, you best be going home now. I hope your project is going well."

The student nodded, bowing. "Thank you, Mr. Lee. I'll go now. Good night!" He packed his things and left the library, rushing out the school.

As he boarded his shiny bicycle, a huge smile formed on his face. The final prank was finally completed. Although he was sad that he had to see Mingyu let go that part of his life, he was happy that the boy was moving on and finding more happy things to fill it.

He paddled fast until the convenience store came to view, with seven boys passed out on the chairs. It was only when he arrived when they all woke up with equally huge smiles adorning their features. 

"Good job, Wonwoo!"

"Yeah, you made everything easier!"

"It really feels like the title Invisible Pranksters is finally fulfilled now that it's more than one person." Everyone agreed wholeheartedly.

Wonwoo laughed as he took the empty seat next to Mingyu, who placed a kiss on the side of his head. "Great job, Wonwoo."

Mingyu turned towards their friends. "Well, guys. That's it for tonight. You should head home now, or wherever you all are going to head now."

Soonyoung smiled sheepishly. "The thing is, we all might have told our parents we were having a sleepover at a friend's house. So we can't go back now because our parents think that we'll be over at another house."

The taller raised an eyebrow. "And your point is?"

"Is it okay if we... you know, sleep over at your... place?" Seokmin continued. Everyone else turned towards Mingyu expectantly. 

Mingyu sighed. So much for his alone time with Wonwoo.

"I guess you could..." He replied reluctantly. "My home isn't that big, and my sister is only coming home tomorrow morning, so you all could sleep in the living room."

His friends cheered happily.

 

Mingyu briefly wondered if he made the right decision of letting all his friends stay over. He was half afraid of how his sister would react to all the boys crowding the living room. 

His friends were causing a huge ruckus as usual, and he had to remind them to keep quiet as the neighbours were most likely still asleep. 

Eventually, the six boys were settled down on blankets laid down on the floor. Mingyu sighed at the peacefulness. He turned around and head back into his own small room, where Wonwoo was kneeled down, setting the blankets properly. He smiled up at the younger as he entered. 

The couple then tucked themselves underneath the blanket, snuggling close to each other, with Mingyu's arms around the older.

"I wonder how Principal Choi would take this," Mingyu spoke quietly. "Would he be mad that the culprit coward out before he could catch him, or would he be glad that nothing else would happen again?"

Wonwoo shrugged. "Maybe the latter. Besides, no matter what his reaction would be, you've done your part in bringing all this to a close."

Mingyu smiled, nodding. Soon, they succumbed to their fatigue, falling asleep in each other's arms with content hearts.

*

As expected, the whole school was buzzing the moment the boys reached school. Everyone was crowding around their bulletin board where the note Mingyu had printed was pinned, noticing everyone that he was going to back down for the sake of the school and worried principal. 

Mingyu walked over towards the board, feigning shock at the news that he already knew.

"Hey, I heard that a few minutes after Principal Choi entered his office, he was screaming for joy," someone spoke. "Apparently, he was so happy he went to the staff room and started dancing. Jihoon was there when it happened, and he freaked out." They laughed.

Mingyu felt a tug on his hand, and he turned towards Wonwoo. The both shared a knowing smile. The younger leaned down, placing a brief kiss on Wonwoo's lips. When he pulled away, he sighed contentedly. 

"This is really over, right?" He whispered. Wonwoo nodded, his smile growing as the both held each other close.

 

 

 

 

A/N: ****warning: there may or may not be some emotional ranting by me down below so skip that if u want, i just want to get this off my system lmao****

This kind of counts as the last chapter? I thought it'd be a good idea to have a brief different point of views from the different pairs carrying out the mission. What did u think? Also, I guess there's going to be another chapter or an epilogue after this, which is going to cover up all the side plots, the main plot, mingyu and wonwoo's relationship, and so on. So from here on out, the pranking plot for this story is doneeee. 

Thank you all for reading this fic! Especially to those who stuck from the starting. :')

I'm starting internship next week so I'm most probably going to be too tired to write. Tbvh, I wanted to start writing a new angsty meanie fic. I even have half the plotline and the first chapter written lmao. But since it'll be angst, I don't want to post the first chapter and leave you all to suffer. xD After my grandmother passed away I didn't have the heart to continue writing the whole week, which was why the previous chapter was short and I didn't update any of my fics which I initially planned to. Sighs, things happen so unexpectedly. Right after my birthday too. 

Some emotional rant from here cuz no one really knows me personally here so just ignore it~

Just a personal question, is it wrong that I feel so salty that my group of friends didn't get me a birthday gift, when they always plan to do so during another one of my friend's birthday??? Like tbh I don't mind getting a present, cuz I'm kind of used to that. But it's just that thinking of how they put in effort for others' birthday and getting me to chip in but not planning mine at all makes my heart feel so heavy. Heck, a simple card would have made me so happy. The last time I got a birthday gift was like 5 years ago lmao sad life. Again, I really don't mind not getting a birthday gift, my friends are all great friends but it's just this one thing that bothered me. ;~; It's always been me giving and giving, but never receiving...sigh. 

And like -- sorry for all this emotional talk, let me just rant this out here even if no one cares-- I don't think they all really know how I felt when I came back to school after our break? Like the day school reopened, it was only just a week after my birthday and my grandmother's passing. I don't do well with feelings with my family, so usually I talk about it to my friends. But sometimes I just feel like when I wanted to talk about my grandmother, they don't really want to listen to it??? Or is it just me being paranoid af. My emotions were just a mess to the point where when my lecturer started talking about the elderly and told us to think about our grandparents(wow what a convenient coincidence), I just thought about my grandmother and literally felt like I was about to cry. Idk. I just feel like that time period was the worst time of my life. Same goes for my birthday, which is by far the worst birthday ever, and there I was in the past complaining if my family won't celebrate my birthday. I was supposed to visit my grandmother during my birthday, but I couldn't because of other matters, so knowing that I couldn't see her for the last time kinda breaks me. I could only remember the last time I visited her, when I was about to leave, she held my hand so tightly for a minute. :'))

 

ok thx for putting up with me and sorry for this ranting, i didn't know who i could talk to about this. 

 

Thank you all again for reading my fic, and I'll try and write the next chapter when I'm not tired, so next update will be especially slow! Love you all~