The Plan

The Invisible Pranksters

Two weeks passed by without much interesting incidents. In fact, school has become what it should be— a boring place where students learn. 

While it was unusual for Mingyu to not be doing anymore pranks that would flip the school upside down, the second year student found that he still seemed to be enjoying school. 

Except for the whole Maths . That he didn't enjoy. 

He found that he was a good learner when he's not focused on his part-time job, pranks, and contemplating on his entire existence. His friendship with the others had also strengthened, and the whole group would still hang out outside the convenience store after school when they're free. 

Seokmin, who used to complain whenever there weren't any funny pranks lately, had taken upon himself to question Mingyu at any given opportunity, especially since the moment he found out that Mingyu was the prankster all along. And now with Soonyoung— an actual carbon copy of Seokmin— in the picture, the two would join forces like the unneeded SadaKaya, to annoy everyone. 

"Just when you think an extremely talkative Seokmin can't get any worse, Soonyoung comes along and proves us wrong," Jeonghan muttered next to Mingyu, staring at the said pair who were currently slurping their noodles loudly while their arms were interlocked, not caring that their friends were basically gossiping about them right there. How was that even possible?

"If that's how you feel, then same here," Seungcheol spoke, shaking his head.

Wonwoo nodded in agreement. "I feel like if they weren't straight, they'd be making out instead of talking."

Everyone else shuddered. 

Minghao spoke up for the first time since the start of Lunch. "Or maybe, you know, fu—" 

Junhui slapped a hand on Minghao's mouth before he could finish his sentence. 

"I swear to God, Minghao. Whenever you're not silent, you're swearing," Mingyu bantered, rolling his eyes. "I wonder how you even know those Korean words."

"The only Korean people I hang out with are you guys," Minghao retaliated calmly. 

"Ooooh, shots fired," someone said as they walked past their table. 

"Shut up, Lee Jihoon!" 

The table fell silent as conversations died down and only the sound of Seokmin and Soonyoung's excessive loud slurping could be heard. 

As Mingyu took the last spoonful of his noodle soup, he cleared his throat. "So, guys, I have a proposition I want to talk to you all about after school. Wonwoo and I have talked about this and now we're ready to put it into action."

"Are you guys getting married?" Jeonghan asked innocently, blinking at the taller in genuine curiosity. "I mean, I love your relationship but you're both still—"

"Jeonghan, I'm not getting married, gosh. In fact, I'm pretty sure you and Seungcheol would be the first people in our group to get married." 

Seungcheol blushed deeply, while Jeonghan just looked satisfied. 

"We'll tell you when we meet after school. Usual place?" Wonwoo said this time. 

Everyone nodded, and soon they got ready to return to class. 

Wonwoo walked Mingyu to his class first considering it was on the way up. 

"I can't believe we're actually getting the others for this," Wonwoo spoke in disbelief, making Mingyu laugh. 

"I can't believe it too, but it'll be memorable," the taller replied. 

Wonwoo nodded, gripping Mingyu's hand a little tighter. "It sure will..." He trailed off, smiling. 

Some students would still stare whenever Mingyu and Wonwoo would hold hands as they walked, but they simply wouldn't care. The two were happy for who they were and who they were together. They're proud that with theirs and the Jeonghan ♡ Seungcheol— as what Jeonghan would scribble on his desk— relationship, it made some others become more confident with themselves. 

Just the other day, Wonwoo walked in on his classmates, Seungjun and Jihun, having a heated make-out session in the washroom, too in their own world to notice that some other boys had entered it too. 

When they reached the front of the classroom, Mingyu swooped in for a quick peck on the older's cheek. "See you," he waved as he walked in.

"See you," Wonwoo waved back with a goofy smile. 

*

"Ho-ly-."

"Are you for real?"

"You actually want us to join you?"

"Well, fu—"

"I have the perfect outfit for this!"

"Really? Me too!"

Everyone was talking a mile a minute at the same time. Wonwoo's eyes widened, looking at the uncontrolled situation when he needed them to listen. He looked up at Mingyu helplessly like a lost kitten. 

Mingyu fought the urge to squish Wonwoo in his arms and clapped his hands to get everyone's attention. "Guys, we need to fill you in on the details." 

Everyone quietened down, much to their relief. 

Mingyu drew in a breath. "Okay, guys, time for Mission: Final Prank."

*

"I need some sort of closure," Mingyu suddenly announced while him and Wonwoo were on the couch, watching a movie.

Wonwoo shifted in Mingyu's hold, pulling his eyes away from the suspenseful scene of Sadako crawling out the television in the movie. "What closure?"

"For the pranks. I feel like just stopping abruptly isn't giving anyone peace. I'm pretty sure Principal Choi is still paranoid that something else will happen."

Wonwoo jumped slightly as the character in the movie had his neck snapped. Mingyu's hold instinctively tightened. 

"So what are you thinking?" Wonwoo asked, now finally giving all his attention to his boyfriend.

Mingyu had thought about it for some time. He figured that Principal Choi deserved to be at peace after all the stress he'd been through because of him. Furthermore, he was Seungcheol's uncle. He didn't want to feel guilty each time Seungcheol greets him while the group was together.

"For one, I think I gotta apologise to Principal Choi. It's funny to everyone else, but I don't think it was to him. An apology letter definitely isn't enough, so I'm thinking of leaving a gift for him. And to inform the rest of the school, I'm also thinking of leaving a gift."

"To everyone?!" Wonwoo pulled away, looking at Mingyu incredulously.

Mingyu scratched the back of his head sheepishly. "Yeah, but I gotta find something that's cheap. I guess that idea isn't the best idea, but that's what I've been thinking for quite some time now."

The older smiled. "Okay, how about leaving a Hershey's kiss on each desk? There's a lot in each packet so you won't have to buy a lot."

Mingyu thought about it, and nodded eagerly. "That's a great idea!" He pulled Wonwoo back into his arms.

"But... How are you going to go to each class? It'll take way too much time," the older said, leaning his head on Mingyu's chest. The movie was definitely now forgotten.

"We could... ask the boys for help?" 

"Funny. They'd create havoc instead of trying to make peace," Wonwoo joked.

"I'm sure they'd be serious, right? I mean, knowing Seokmin and Soonyoung, or maybe even Jeonghan actually, they'd be too into the role to mess up."

Wonwoo laughed. "That's true."

"Let's go talk to them after school next week. We gotta really prepare them for this. And I need to plan extra carefully too."

The older nodded determinedly. 

*

"Okay, Jun and Minghao, you both cover the first years. Seokmin and Soonyoung, you both do the second years, and please don't screw up," Mingyu directed.

Soonyoung scoffed. "You underestimate us too much."

Mingyu ignored him, and continued talking. "Jeonghan and Seungcheol, you both take the third years. I'll join you once I'm done with the teachers and Principal."

"Then what's Wonwoo's part in all of this?" Junhui asked.

"He'll be distracting the security guard in the library so we can have access to the cameras and switch them off. We all don't want to get caught by them do we?" Mingyu responded.

"That's a really important role, you know?" Wonwoo said, smiling proudly.

"Yeah, yeah," Junhui joked.

Mingyu continued briefing, "So we meet up outside here on Thursday at eight p.m sharp. We'll have to go separately so we don't attract attention. I'll show you the way in tomorrow. Wonwoo will already be inside the library with the guard on-duty by then. All we have to do is just enter the classrooms, unlock it if it's locked, and place the chocolates on the tables. Make sure you don't leave any of your traces behind. Once we're done, we meet again outside the convenience store, okay? We have only thirty minutes to do this because it'll be suspicious if Wonwoo keeps him from going back out."

"I can't believe we're really doing this," Seokmin gushed. "I've been so used to looking forward to all the pranks that it's so weird now that we're going to be part of it." He bounced on his seat excitedly.

"It really isn't a prank, actually, more like leaving a good surprise," Seungcheol spoke. Everyone agreed.

Mingyu sighed contentedly. After this, it will finally close this chapter of his life. He'd be leaving behind the pranks as just memorable memories of his high school. If he was lucky, he'd graduate without getting caught at all. 

 

 

 

A/N: I initially wanted to update as much as I can this week before my school starts tomorrow, and I wanted to write and update all three of my fics (yes, including the student/teacher au fic that was on hold) during my birthday last Sunday as a surprise lol. But on that day, I was too busy and wasn't in the mood so I planned to do it the next day. Buuuuut again, there was an unexpected turn of events. That day, which was a day after my birthday, my grandmother passed away. So it was a busy week for me especially since I wanted to spend most of my time with my mom so she won't feel too down cuz of this.

I wanted to at least update before my semester starts so this chapter is shorter than the rest, sorry. :( And it's mostly not edited or proofread so there might be some mistakes regarding grammar or spelling or plots too. Tell me what you guys think of it, though. (: