Mission Won-possible

The Invisible Pranksters

Mingyu stared wide-eyed at Wonwoo, before he had half the mind to pull his mask back up. He wasn't sure if the other had seen his face, but it was the least he could do. He'd always managed to not get caught while carrying out pranks that he didn't think what would happen if he were to get caught. Too late to plan that now. Abort mission. I repeat, abort mission.

The older was still staring at him, unsure of what he should do. Mingyu took this opportunity to turn around and leave quickly, but of course, things just weren't going according to his plan that night. 

"Hey, part-time worker."

He knows. , he knows. He knows. He freaking knows. He-

Amidst his internal freak out, Wonwoo had grabbed his arm and pulled him somewhere. He hadn't even realised he was being dragged until they reached an emtpy room and was pulled in. Before he could protest, Wonwoo held a finger up to his lips, and that's when he realised the sounds of footsteps walking by. Did he just...

When the footsteps had disappeared, Wonwoo looked back outside to confirm the absence of the guards before he locked the door and turned to Mingyu, who was at a lost.

"So, it's you, huh?" he spoke, in his deep voice.

Mingyu kept silent.

"It's already obvious, with your all-black outfit and bag..." he continued, a hint of amusement in his voice. 

. I don't know what to do. What do I do?

"Please don't tell anyone," he finally managed to say. Pathetic. You're pathetic Kim Mingyu.

Crossing his arms in front of his chest, he responded, "You're not as tough as everyone thought. Where's your other friends?"

Mingyu shook his head, and upon seeing that the older did not understand, he continued, "No one. I'm here myself. It has always just been me."

Wonwoo stared at him in disbelief. "Don't you lie... You couldn't have done all those pranks by yourself... Are you serious?" 

"You've already caught me red-handed, why would I lie?" 

"Wow," he gasped. "Wow, wow, wow... You're so awesome."

Mingyu felt his face heat up at the compliment, before he realised he shouldn't be there. He needed to escape and come back with a newer plan. 

"Who were you gonna prank?" the other asked, eyes widening in curiosity, and Mingyu couldn't help noticing just how pretty his eyes were. He shook his head.

"I need to go, nice meeting you and I hope you'll keep this a secret. Goodbye." He moved towards the door to leave, but was stopped by Wonwoo.

"Oh no you don't. We're still not done. I know your secret, aren't you afraid I'll let it out?"

"I'm sure you're a good person, and you won't meddle into someone else's business," Mingyu flashed a sarcastic smile before he tried side-stepping the older, but no matter what he did, the older would just not budge. "What do you want?" 

"Won't meddle into someone else's business? You put a fish in my locker. My books smelled and still does smell like fish. My class smelled like fish. Everyone smelled like fish. Because. Of. You," Wonwoo replied, as he took a step closer and pointed a finger towards the younger's chest.

"I guess you're kind of right..." Mingyu mumbled, looking everywhere else but at the boy just a few centimeters away from him.

Then, Wonwoo stepped back and resumed his position with his arms crossed. "Let's make a deal," he started. "I've been thinking how it'd feel pranking someone..."

He knew where this was going.

"I want in." There it was. 

"No."

"What do you mean, no? Remember who has your secret in his hands? Oh yeah, me."

Mingyu groaned in defeat. "Having you around will be troublesome... And wait, we don't even know each other well!"

Wonwoo raised an eyebrow "I'm pretty sure you know who I am, judging by that fish you'd put specifically in my locker. Now that you know who I am, Mr. Invisible Prankster, why not you give me your name?"

He was wasting so much time. He wasn't supposed to be here, in an empty classroom with someone who'd caught him and whom he had pranked once. He was supposed to be in the principal's office, setting up his next prank after successfully switching off the cameras in the security room.

"Kim Mingyu," he replied, his shoulders sagging as if he was a child who finally lost an argument.

The other gave him a smile. "That wasn't so hard, was it, Mingyu?"  

"I have to go now," Mingyu spoke. "Just let me go, please. Okay, I promise we'll talk about this some other time. Happy?"

Wonwoo held a hand out. "Pass me your phone."

Obediently, he took his phone out from his pocket and placed it in the other's palm. He watched as he typed something on his phone, and Mingyu assumed he was recording his contact number in. Wonwoo then called his phone using Mingyu's so that he had his number too. After he was done, he passed the phone back. 

Sighing, Mingyu thought he was finally free and was about to exit, but was stopped... again.

"What now?!" 

The older didn't looked too fazed at the furious boy in front of him, and instead replied calmly. "Don't go yet, I can help you."

"Huh?"

"You were going to go into the security room, right?" Mingyu nodded. "I can help distract the security guard. Besides, I'm allowed to be here at this hour."

Mingyu stared at him.

"Fifteen minutes, is that enough?" he enquired.

It took Mingyu a few seconds to realise that Wonwoo was in fact really dead serious in wanting to join him. Isn't he afraid of tarnishing his good reputation?

"Fifteen is good, I guess."

"I'll bring the security guard in the office out and wedge a pen at the door so you can go in, okay? I'll bring him to the library at the second floor. Where will you be? So I know where to avoid."

"Principal's office," Mingyu responded with little hesitation this time. 

Wonwoo's eyes widened. "Wait, you're pranking the principal?! Not any other teachers, but the principal?!"  

"It's not too late to back out now," Mingyu proposed, a smirk forming on his lips.

"But... but... ugh, fine."

"That's the spirit," he said, feeling like he had the upper hand then. 

Wonwoo turned towards the door and just before he opened it to leave, he visibly took a deep breath. 

Mingyu waited quietly as he heard Wonwoo knock the door, quiet chattering, and then footsteps as they left for the library. Putting his trust on the older, he slipped out of the classroom, being mindful of other security cameras. He then sneaked his way to the security room, and as was promised, the door was opened slightly with a pen wedged to keep it from closing. 

Entering, he quickly went to work. Mingyu wasn't exactly tech savvy, so it took him some time to figure out how to manage the cameras and get them to turn off. He looked at his digital watch. 10 minutes to get to the principal's office, carry out Mission Ming-possible: Prank Principal Choi, get back to the security room and turn the cameras on again. 

Easier said then done.

Not wasting anymore time, he exited the room and remembered to put the same pen to keep the door from closing. Knowing that the security cameras were down, Mingyu began running up the stairs to the fourth level, where he went to the principal's office, picklocked the door, and entered. 

He placed his bag on the ground and ped it, revealing around twenty different types of alarm clocks. He'd already set the alarm time of each clock 5 minutes interval starting 8 a.m, when school officially starts. Now, he carefully hid them at various parts of the room. Some of the smaller alarm clocks were hidden behind books at the large bookshelf. Good luck finding that one right at the top corner. 

He glanced at his wristwatch to ensure he still had time. Hiding the alarm clocks didn't take more than 5 minutes, so he still had time to do one other thing. 

The internet was just full of creative ideas, Mingyu realised, as he pulled out a saran wrap. With no time to waste, he firstly logged into the computer (the password was simple really, it was: password), entered Internet Explorer and went to a few sites. He knew that there would be some videos that would autoplay, so he quickly put the computer into sleep mode. The next time the principal accidentally moves his mouse or presses a keyboard button, let's just say it'll sound like he's having a good time. He then quickly wrapped the principal's office chair (not before putting a whoopie cushion underneath the existing cushion on it), all around his table and drawers and over and under it, including the computer as well. 

Mingyu then realised that he had only a minute left to exit the place and reactivate the cameras. He hoped Wonwoo had some sense to hold back a little more time. 

Grabbing his backpack, he made sure he didn't left a trace of his presence— aside from the badly wrapped furniture— and locked the door behind him. As quick as lightning, he rushed down the stairs, making sure the path was free of any presence, and entered the still empty security room. 

As Mingyu was typing his way into reactivating the cameras, he heard voices that made him tense in panic. 

"I'm so sorry. I swear to God I thought there was someone in the library. It could've been the prankster I told you about for all we know," he heard Wonwoo's voice. 

"It's okay, son, it's good to be more aware and inform us about anything suspicious," an unfamiliar voice spoke, which most probably belonged to the security guard. 

Panic washed through Mingyu. They must be right outside if their voices were this loud, and if he left now, he'd surely get caught. Sneaking out the window was out of the question, seeing as there weren't any windows at all. He prayed that Wonwoo's sharp eyes would notice that the room was still opened. Please don't let me down, Wonwoo. 

However, the footsteps just kept coming closer, and closer... 

"H-hey!" Wonwoo's voice echoed once more in the silent hallway. "Did you hear that?"

"Hear what?"

"I swear to God I just heard something! Didn't you hear it?"

What was he doing? Were Mingyu's prayers being heard? Tiptoeing, Mingyu looked through the crack of the door, and his heart lurched in his chest to see just how close the security guard was to where he stood, hidden from view. When he saw Wonwoo's eyes flickered to him, he knew then that Wonwoo realised he was still in the room and was coming up with a distraction. 

"! I heard a door closing upstairs! It must be him!" Wonwoo said with utmost alarm, and Mingyu applauded silently at his acting. 

He then watched as Wonwoo started running back up the stairs, and the security guard, flustered from confusion, ran after him. 

If I could hug you right now, I freaking would. 

Without wasting anymore time, Mingyu grabbed the pen and slipped out, weary of the cameras once again. He then quietly left through the back door, where he had previously came in. Once he was outside and free of security cameras and security guards, he sprinted to where his bike was parked and quickly rode off. He made a mental note to text Wonwoo later on and thank him. 

You know, maybe he isn't that bad after all. Maybe Mingyu could use a partner too, and today just proved it. 

As he laid on his mattress later that night, he fished out his phone and scrolled through his contacts, but was left confused when he couldn't find Wonwoo's name under the W section. Scrolling through his contacts from the top slowly, he then realised what Wonwoo had saved his number as— and Mingyu couldn't help the laugh that escaped his lips. 

Mission Won-possible: Partner-in-Prank

Thinking it was best to be more subtle, he pressed the edit button at the side of the phone screen. As he was about to delete the whole name, Mingyu decided to just keep his name as Mission Won-possible

Maybe he's fated to be my partner-in-crime after all.

 

 

A/N: What did you guys think of this chapter? Too little Mingyu/Wonwoo progress? This is just the beginning. *inserts evil laughs* Thank you all so much for reading and subscribing, especially to my 45 subscribers as of now! Also, if you have any prank ideas you know of, feel free to include it in your comment below or tweet it to me and I may incorporate your idea into my story as well as credit you for it! (as long as the story isn't finished, keep them ideas coming~) ^^ Thank you so much again and follow me on twitter at @meanie1706 if you wanna talk to me or whatever, I only have like 5 followers in that account so far lmao cuz I only just created that account solely for me to rant on how much I love Seventeen and Meanie. x3 

 

Update: I'm so sorry I haven't updated in 2 weeks. I'm currently still writing the next chapter. Here's some snippets for you if you managed to read this:

"Mingyu's laughter died down and he smiled at him. After what had happened last night, Mingyu decided that maybe it was okay if he could have Wonwoo as a partner. His previous disagreement dissipated into thin air and was now replaced with admiration and friendliness."

"As the trio left the class, news that The Invisible Pranksters had pranked the one and only Principal Choi had already spread like wildfire. Students were filing out of their classrooms despite the fact that classes was about to start. Everyone wanted to know as well."