Confessions (Bonus Chapter)

The Invisible Pranksters

(Two chapters at once?!?!?!? xP there's a  chapter before  this  btw) Another bonus chapter in Seungcheol's POV 

"Seungcheol, if you're good at arcade games, are you good at those claw machine games?" Jeonghan asked, turning to the older boy.

Seungcheol turned from the game he had just finished playing. "I guess, why?"

"Then win for me that Pikachu doll. It's so cute but I'm bad at playing it. God knows I'm like Squidward in that one Spongebob episode," Jeonghan spoke.

Seungcheol chuckled. "Damn, if you're that level of bad, then I'm gonna have to play for you. Can't have you waste your money on just a doll, can we?" He smiled. Jeonghan smiled back at him widely.

They made their way over to the claw machine, and Jeonghan immediately went to the side where he peered through the glass at all the dolls. Seungcheol allowed himself to stare at the innocent boy a few seconds longer before he started strategizing. Feeling as though he could get the doll, he placed a coin in. He flexed his fingers before grabbing onto the lever, maneuvering his way through till it was over the Pikachu doll. Confident with his placement, he pressed the green button until the claw grabbed it. He watched with crossed fingers as the claw carried it towards the hole at the end, doing a fist pump as he succeeded. 

Jeonghan jumped for joy hugging the Pikachu doll tightly when Seungcheol passed it to him. 

As Seungcheol watched Jeonghan who had the biggest smile on his face which was as bright as the sun, he knew he was far too gone. 

"You're the best Seungcheol, you know that?" Jeonghan complimented. 

Seungcheol tried to shrug it off, but he couldn't stop the proud smile on his face. "What can you say? I'm actually an arcade games expert."

Jeonghan shook his head. "Don't get too ahead of yourself now." He laughed. 

They resumed playing until the others decided it was time to go. 

Seungcheol watched as Wonwoo and Mingyu hugged before the former went towards his brother. He was slightly jealous that they both had each other. 

"Me and Seungcheol are going to hang out a bit more," Jeonghan suddenly spoke. "See you tomorrow, Mingyu! And nice meeting you, Hansol." 

He was then dragged away by the other in confusion. "We are?" Seungcheol asked. 

Jeonghan nodded, pulling him towards the nearest bench in a park. There wasn't much people there due to it being a weekday. 

Seungcheol watched Jeonghan, curiosity killing him slowly. "What... What did you want to talk about?"

Jeonghan finally turned to him. "Remember when we talked about your crush? I just needed to know if you had some progress with her."

The older stared at him uncomfortably, squirming under his gaze. How was he supposed to reply to that, when his crush was the person who's asking?

Seungcheol scratched the back of his head. "I guess... There is?" , why did I say that?

"Really?" Jeonghan spoke enthusiastically, though his eyes seemed to held a tiny bit of reluctance. "So how did it go? Did you confess? Did she reciprocate your feelings? Wait, who's this girl anyway?"

"Um... It went.. well? I confessed and she... accepted." Seungcheol wanted to bury himself alive as he kept spewing nonsense. 

Jeonghan nodded. "That's good I guess... I mean, that's good for you!" 

Seungcheol laughed awkwardly. "Yeah..."

The younger sighed, leaning on the wooden bench. "Since everything's going so well for you, I guess you won't mind what I'm about to say next. You... You really don't mind if your friends were gay, right?"

Seungcheol nodded, frowning slightly. Where was he going with this?

"Then I really hope you don't mind if my gay confesses to you right now, since I know you're as straight as a stick and all," Jeonghan shrugged, trying to seem nonchalant though his fleeting eyes and twiddling fingers said otherwise.

At that moment, Seungcheol no longer saw the carefree boy who seemed to have no worries. For the first time, he stared as Jeonghan was the one acting all nervous. Before he had chance to reply, Jeonghan spoke first. 

"You don't have to say anything! It's just... me. I foolishly fell for you during all those times we talked, when I already knew you liked someone else. It's selfish of me, I know, especially for me to confess to you right now, and oh my gosh you must feel so uncomfortable now knowing some dude likes you—"

"Jeonghan—" 

"Don't you think it's time we actually head back? The sun's gonna set soon—"

"Jeonghan, listen to me." Seungcheol grabbed hold of Jeonghan's shoulders, making the other stare at him with wide eyes. "Are you saying that you like me? That... that you have actual feelings for me?"

"Um, yeah, but like I said, you don't have to say anything because I know—"

"Since when?" Seungcheol asked softly, interrupting Jeonghan.

The younger avoided his eyes as he looked past him. "I don't know? It just happened along the way I guess..."

"Why didn't you say something earlier?" 

"Because I know you liked— What?"

Seungcheol leaned back as he ran a hand through his hair, ruffling it up. He laughed like everything was just so funny, because to him, it was. Here he was worrying about his feelings for Jeonghan when all along, the other liked him too. 

In a swift motion, he pulled Jeonghan into a hug, resting his chin on the other's shoulder. "Thank you."

To say that Jeonghan was confused was an understatement as he tried to stammer out a sentence. 

Seungcheol pulled away. "Remember when I asked you how did you think Mingyu knew he liked Wonwoo, or guys in general?" Jeonghan nodded. "That was because I wondered if what I was feeling meant if I liked you."

Jeonghan gaped. "But you... I thought you liked a girl. You just said everything is going well."

"Jeonghan, you assumed that I liked a girl. I never said anything. I'd thought you'd had an idea when I asked how Mingyu knew he liked guys. And I was just talking nonsense because you caught me off guard and I didn't want to let you know that I have feelings for you." Seungcheol was speaking with a goofy wide smile plastered across his face. There was no doubt that the expression on his face was that of utmost happiness.

Jeonghan was simply opening and closing his mouth like a fish, speechless. "Was I that oblivious?" He finally managed to ask.

Seungcheol laughed before pulling the other in for a hug.

That evening, another couple was born among the group of friends.

 

A/N: So this is not only to wrap things up for Seungcheol, but for JEONGCHEOL. That's like my side otp, with my main being Meanie of course (I'm such a trash for Meanie oh gosh). What do you think???????? :0 I didn't end it properly, but you'd know how it goes after that. xD