The Frustration

Can Love Be Arranged?

Her hair was sticking to her forehead from sweat. One more step. She could do this. She’d done it for the past two weeks, she can do it one more time.

“Almost there, love.” Her motivation pushed on, encouraging her from the beginning.

The pain was excruciating and she closed her eyes tightly as she tried her best to move.

“I can’t.” Sana whimpered, almost shutting down right there.

“You can, baby. I know you have it in you. I’ll be right here. I’ll be waiting. You can do it.” Tzuyu pushed, opening her arms as an indication.

Sana took one more step, collapsing in Tzuyu’s arms from exhaustion.

Therapy was making her legs a lot better but it was tiring her out to a large extent. Her physician really did work hard to make sure Sana gave her all while going through the sessions. It was just another month or two more of therapy and she’d be done.

“You did well love. You did an amazing job.” Tzuyu whispered, pushing away Sana’s hair from her forehead.

“You think so?” Sana whimpered.

“I know so. Come on, I’m sure you don’t want to stay here longer. What if your physician wants you to stay back for longer?” Tzuyu teased.

Sana’s eyes widened in shock and Tzuyu chuckled at her reaction. She helped Sana up, who seemed to be in a great rush to leave now.

“So where do you want to go Mrs Chou?” Tzuyu asked, watching on as Sana blushed at the name.

“What about the duck boats again?” Sana asked.

“You’re only asking about that because you won’t need to pedal.” Tzuyu snickered.

Sana pouted, “How about some ice-cream then?”

“That, I can definitely do.” Tzuyu replied, sneakily kissing Sana’s cheek as she helped her in the car.

After their sudden wedding at the hospital, both Sana’s parents and Tzuyu’s parents decided to hold a mini celebration together after the operation. The planned wedding was still going on ahead, being a party including the extended family as well. Things had changed quite a bit after the wedding. Sana had officially moved into Tzuyu’s apartment, taking leave from her university and Tzuyu did with her work.

The past two weeks had been quite frustrating for Sana the most and Tzuyu felt really helpless. With getting the surgery done and combining that with an unknown environment, Sana had been close to colliding with a lot of things in Tzuyu’s apartment. She preferred to be independent and didn’t like to ask for help from Tzuyu at all so Tzuyu had to keep an eye at her at all times. She did suggest that Sana should stay at her own house instead of moving in straight away but her parents argued against it saying that married couples shouldn’t stay apart.

Even though they’re both married, adjusting to someone else living together has been a new experience to them both. To be careful, the two currently sleep in different rooms as to make sure not to hurt Sana’s leg. The fact that Sana is in her apartment and sleeping in another room often drove Tzuyu mad. She’s so close yet so far. It makes her restless regularly at night and she’s left looking at her ceiling for hours instead. The first night was a nervous wreck for them both; stuttering, a lot of blushing and full of awkwardness.

The two still find themselves bumping into each other in the bathroom or the kitchen, but laugh it off instead. Tzuyu would wake up to the blissful smell of homecooked meals in the mornings and it always put a smile on her face. Two weeks and she still hadn’t been able to wrap her head around the fact that she was married. She was married! It was like meeting each other for the first time all over again. They’d started off with that exact awkwardness.

“You okay Tzuyu?” Sana asked, bringing Tzuyu out of her thoughts.

“Mhmm. Of course, just thinking about what flavour ice cream to get.” Tzuyu lied.

Sana slipped her hand in Tzuyu’s as they got out of the car, nodding and walking towards the ice cream parlour. For some reason, when they were both at home, they were awkward; but when they were outside and roaming, everything just came naturally for the two of them.

“What flavour do you want? The usual?” Tzuyu asked, seating Sana down at a table.

“You know what, you should surprise me.” Sana answered.

“But then you can’t steal mine if you like it more.” Tzuyu warned.

Sana only smiled, sticking out her tongue as Tzuyu turned to look back one more time before ordering their ice creams.

“This is yours Ma’am.” Tzuyu teased, putting Sana’s ice cream in front of her.

 “You’ll still let me taste yours though, right?” Sana begged, showing her attempt at puppy eyes.

Tzuyu scoffed at her wife’s attempt at aegyo. “We’ll see.”

“Ya, ya, ya. Why do you eat like a kid!” Sana scolded, picking up a tissue and wiping Tzuyu’s lips.

“You should know that I’m like this when I eat ice cream.” Tzuyu replied, sticking out her tongue.

Sana scooped up a bit of Tzuyu’s ice cream quickly, placing it in before Tzuyu could stop her.

“I said no stealing mine.” Tzuyu pouted, attempting to be angry.

“You can have a bite of mine.” Sana suggested, trying to appease Tzuyu.

Tzuyu didn’t reply and pretended to ignore Sana, looking the other way.

“Are you really going to ignore me?” Sana asked.

When Sana didn’t get an answer, she assumed that Tzuyu was indeed going to ignore her. She poked Tzuyu’s ribs, making her squirm. She was now facing Sana and the latter took this chance to take Tzuyu’s face into her hands, peppering her face with kisses.

“You know you can’t ignore me.” Sana proudly stated.

Tzuyu pouted, knowing very well that Sana was correct. Not talking to Sana for a few hours drove her insane. She crossed her arms and looked down, avoiding Sana’s eyes.

“Oh! I just remembered! We need to go grocery shopping! You have nothing in your cupboards but premade meals.” Sana randomly spoke out loud.

“But–”

“No buts. I’m going to have to start cooking more often eventually. Why not now? I need to feed you something that is actually well cooked other than breakfast.” Sana said, cutting Tzuyu off.

“You need rest–”

“I’ve been resting for the past two weeks. I need to do something because I’m feeling awfully lazy.” Sana argued, stopping any further arguments from Tzuyu.

“Why don’t we just go now then?” Tzuyu suggested.

Sana’s eyes lit up in excitement and Tzuyu could only wonder why. Shopping for groceries surely wasn’t so fun?

Well, it turned out the reason those eyes lit up was because Sana wanted to test each item from the sample stands placed around the supermarket. Tzuyu bit back a smile as Sana struck random conversations with the vendors, smiling as she tasted the mini snacks. She occasionally passed some to Tzuyu too, feeding her instead of letting her eat it herself. Another thing was that Sana had an obsession with was the 2 for 1 deals. Tzuyu didn’t really mind what Sana put in the trolley; watching her browse around and pick things up from shelves was entertaining enough for her.

“Maybe I should seat you in the trolley.” Tzuyu chuckled.

“Hmm? Why?” Sana asked, still browsing the canned food aisle.

“Because you’ve been walking around a lot and I think you should rest for a little while.” Tzuyu pouted, leaning her chin on Sana’s shoulder.

“I’m good though.” Sana replied, turning around to peck Tzuyu’s cheeks.

Tzuyu sighed under her breath. Sana was slightly limping and it was really bothering her.

“Alright, I think we’re done.” Sana squealed, placing fresh meat into the trolley.

Tzuyu looked at the amount of food in the trolley and shook her head. She didn’t know what to expect when it came to Sana.

They loaded everything into the car and headed home, Sana drifting off to sleep as soon as they left the car park. Tzuyu purposely drove slower, taking her time to get home so that Sana could get some sleep at least. She hummed to herself as she parked the car in the underground lot, taking a few trips to get the groceries into the apartment. Tzuyu carried Sana carefully, her arms automatically finding themselves around Tzuyu’s neck and her nose brushing against it too.

Tzuyu greeted the watchman again, who smiled at her as she continued carrying Sana. She fumbled with her keys as she reached her door, managing to fish it out of her pocket and opening it. Tzuyu chuckled at the times she’d had déjà vu today. She led Sana to her room, gently laying her down and covering her in a blanket. She kissed her forehead, trying to get her hand out of Sana’s grasp. Sana only pulled harder, making Tzuyu land on the bed instead. She sighed heavily, not knowing what to do. Tzuyu didn’t want to hurt Sana and she couldn’t leave either. She shuffled on the bed, finding a proper spot that didn’t affect the way Sana was sleeping. She admired Sana from close, smiling at their proximity, before she fell asleep as well.

Sana groggily woke up an hour later, almost screaming upon seeing Tzuyu’s face so close. She looked down to see her hand tightly intertwined with Tzuyu’s and she blushed, realising she was the one holding tight.

“Even when she’s sleeping, she still considers my injuries.” Sana whispered, tracing Tzuyu’s facial features as she noticed how she was angled away from her own legs.

She stayed staring at Tzuyu for a few more moments before she turned to look at the time. She had to make dinner! Sana carefully slipped her hand out of Tzuyu’s, kissing her crown softly before she climbed out of the bed. She headed into the kitchen, deciding to start cooking something simple for them both.

Tzuyu woke up to a lack of warmth and a wonderful smell lingering in the air. She rubbed her eyes, deciding to shower before she headed to Sana in the kitchen. It was when she had a squeal from the kitchen as she was changing her clothes that she rushed out to see what was wrong. Tzuyu sighed at the sight, heading over and picking Sana up, moving her over to the couch.

“I told you not to overwork yourself, didn’t I?!” Tzuyu scolded.

“I–”

“You’ve gone through therapy, went out shopping and now walking around the kitchen with only a little bit of rest. Sana, I told you that you can rely on me. You don’t have to do everything by yourself. You need to tell me when you’re in pain.” Tzuyu continued.

“But I don’t want to hassle you.” Sana whispered.

“You’re never a hassle Sana. You’re my world. How do you think I feel when I see you pushing yourself to do things while you should be resting?” Tzuyu argued.

“I can do things on my own though.” Sana retorted.

“I’m not saying you can’t. I know you can. But you need to rest too love.” Tzuyu said concernedly.

“I’m sorry.” Sana muttered.

Tzuyu didn’t say anything but engulf Sana in a hug.

“D-do you mind if I try something?” Tzuyu asked as she broke away from the hug.

Sana looked at her with confusion but nodded, signalling for her to go ahead.

With shaky hands, Tzuyu brought her fingers to Sana’s knees, cupping it as she gauged her reaction. Sana inhaled sharply at the contact, not expecting it at all. Tzuyu carefully used her thumbs to massage her leg, squeezing it lightly as she moved them circularly. Sana sighed in bliss as she felt the pain being released with the heavenly contact. Tzuyu applied tender pressure on the joint with her fingertips, maintaining a slow and steady pace.

“How did you learn to do that?” Sana asked, curious.

“I know some things.” Tzuyu replied cheekily. “I may have read a technique book about massages.”

Sana’s heart fluttered at Tzuyu’s actions. This girl was driving her absolutely insane in every way possible.

“So what’s my reward?” Tzuyu asked.

Sana thought about it for a for a few moments before she tenderly kissed Tzuyu’s forehead, surprising her and blushing at her own quick idea.

“Come on, dinner time.” Sana said, pulling Tzuyu up and chuckling as she had hanging open.


A/N: I feel like this update was a mess....

Hope you like it :')

P.S: I had to steal my neighbour's internet hehehehehe

- stupid author