The Last Day

Can Love Be Arranged?

A/N: I'm so sorry for the really late update!


When Tzuyu woke up in the morning, she was greeted with what seemed like a deep conversation between Mina and her Dad. She had no idea what they were talking about though. She rubbed the sleep out of her eyes and proceeded to wash up before she headed towards the conversation between them.

“Oh, Tzuyu. You’re awake.” Said Mina, biting her lip.

“What’s up?” Tzuyu asked.

“Well sweetheart, we’re going to leave here earlier than we thought. There is an emergency meeting back at the company and we have to cut the trip short. I’m sorry sweetie.” Wooyoung explained.

Tzuyu felt really upset with this news. The past day was absolutely amazing and she’d hoped each day would’ve been just as fun and lovely as yesterday. Now that it was cut so short, it really affected her mindset.

Why couldn’t they just leave her behind with them instead? Her Mum could stay with her as well! – Tzuyu

“When are we leaving?” Tzuyu mumbled, looking rather sullen.

“Tomorrow morning. We still have the whole day today though.” Mina compensated.

The thought of having at least another day made Tzuyu’s mood slightly better. She really wasn’t ready to leave so soon but she had to make the most of the day she had with Sana. One month without being as close as they were made a huge difference; how was she going to fare now? She didn’t want to think about that yet. Tzuyu was currently feeling apologetic for the amount of effort Sana and Momo must have put into organising everything for them.

Wooyoung had already spoken to Nichkhun about the sudden changes and the need to go back to their company. Tzuyu was sitting outside and pouting, staring at the clearing overcast sky which she wished reflected in her own emotions.

“You’re here by yourself?” Sana asked, breaking Tzuyu out of her thoughts.

“Ah, I was just thinking.” Tzuyu replied, rubbing her neck.

“Come on, you need to eat breakfast.” Sana suggested, lending Tzuyu her hand to pull her up.

They continued holding hands until they walked in sight of their family, letting go and sitting opposite each other at the table.

“So what’s the plan today girls?” Wooyoung asked.

“Just a picnic and watch the local soccer game at the stadium. We thought Somi would enjoy it.” Momo answered, mouth full of food.

“Ya! Can’t you eat properly.” Scolded Tiffany.

“Are you big supporters?” Mina asked.

“We’re appreciative of our local teams.” Nichkhun said, nodding.

“Well, it sounds like a great plan, doesn’t it?” Wooyoung chuckled.

Sana tidied up the remaining things in the kitchen as everyone went to get ready for the day out today. She herself was super excited for the day, especially the soccer game later on. She’s been a hard core fan since she was young and her favourite team was playing tonight. Despite that, Sana’s mind was still preoccupied from the memories of the night before. She’d touched her forehead countless times, still in shock from the lingering kiss that Tzuyu had left there. She wasn’t ready for it to all end. Yes, she’d been told that Tzuyu’s family trip had been cut short and disappointment was the only thing that filled her heart. Nevertheless, she was extremely glad that they had one last day together and she’d make sure it would be a memorable one.

The car seating arrangements were like the previous day when they left rather than when they came home. Except this time, Momo had found herself in Chaeyoung and Mina’s car alongside Sana and Tzuyu. Tzuyu decided to take the seat in the middle, not wanting to let Sana be squashed there instead. She sat comfortably, trying to take as little space as she could. She had no idea why Momo was in the car with them but part of her was glad since Tzuyu was currently shoulder to shoulder with Sana. Tzuyu threaded her fingers through Sana’s small ones, occasionally squeezing gently and letting it rest between the two of them.

Tzuyu was a little sad when they reached the picnic spot quicker than expected. Since it was a short distance from the house, the trip wasn’t too long. The game was in about two hours and the travel to the stadium was around half an hour. Technically, it was a really short time for the picnic which is why they chose a closer area rather than something further. Tzuyu waited for Momo to get out of the car before she could; it was one of the annoying things about sitting in the middle. Chaeyoung laughed at Tzuyu who was looking rather frustrated with Momo’s pace.

“Just come out from this side.” Sana chuckled, making Tzuyu blush.

Momo, Chaeyoung and Mina grabbed a few things, leaving Sana and Tzuyu behind. They laughed, grabbing the last items from the boot of their car and headed to the picnic tables their parents had claimed.

“Surprised you two made it here quickly this time.” Mina teased.

“Ya! Stop teasing. I’ll spill about you.” Tzuyu threatened, making Mina shut up immediately.

They ate quickly, realising they didn’t have as much time as they’d hoped to have before the game.

“It’s not going to rain today is it?” Sana mumbled to herself as they packed their things up.

“Even if it will, I’ll be here with you. I promise.” Tzuyu cheekily replied, making Sana blush deeply.

They quickly jogged to the car, packing everything in their original places in the boot and heading inside to sit down again. They drove off almost immediately, realising they would get there a little later than expected.

Nichkhun and Wooyoung had headed to the ticket box to purchase their game tickets while the others brought more snacks and items from the cars. Well, everyone brought snacks but Sana, who shocked Tzuyu with a huge banner and #1 finger. Tzuyu hadn’t even realised that Sana had pulled on a jacket the had Nakamoto written on the back. Tzuyu shrugged it off as some labelling and laughed as Sana struggled to hold her supportive items.

“Let me help.” Tzuyu teased.

“No touching my things.” Sana whined, pulling the things closer to her chest. She walked a few more steps before she stumbled, Tzuyu catching her and making her blush.

“Give it here.” Tzuyu said, grabbing a few things off Sana and shaking her head at her clumsiness.

Sana was too embarrassed to say anything and just continued to walk beside Tzuyu, blushing at her own behaviour.

The tickets were handed out and the family claimed and entire row. Tzuyu sitting on one end next to Sana and their parents sitting on the other end. They were quite close to the field and had a clear view of the players that were stretching on the sidelines.

Sana and Momo jumped up all of a sudden, screaming ‘Yuta! Yuta!’ and Tzuyu had hanging open at the sight. She’d never pegged Sana to be a fan of a sport let alone soccer. And who was this Yuta person they were both squealing about? Tzuyu was thinking it might be the team name but that thought disappeared when the team cheerleaders were shouting ‘Disastrous Hazard’ or something that sounded similarly cringe worthy. The team members were introduced on a small screen and that’s when Tzuyu realised Yuta was actually a player on the team. Nakamato Yuta was the striker of the team and damn, he sure as hell had the female fans squealing after him.

Part of Tzuyu wanted to tug Sana down when she was up and screaming but the other part of her was amused by Sana’s cheering. Tzuyu pouted and crossed her hands, sulking about her lack of interaction with Sana. She continued feeling a sense of anger and annoyance as Sana squealed when Yuta scored a goal. Tzuyu can play soccer too; would Sana be cheering for her like she cheers for Yuta as well? She sighed heavily and looked away for a moment, seeing a vendor selling ice cream so she decided to leave to purchase some for herself and Sana.

Momo seemed to pick up on this and whispered to Sana who blushed immediately. She didn’t know how loud she was cheering herself and she didn’t even realise Tzuyu would be feeling less included. Sana was about to turn around and look for Tzuyu but she wasn’t in her seat. Her eyes searched for her, finding her talking to a girl who seemed a little too close to Tzuyu for Sana’s own comfort. If Sana could murder someone with her eyes, she’d choose that girl right there, constantly biting her lip. What was she trying to do? Chew it all off? Disgusting. What seemed worse was that Tzuyu seemed oblivious to it all.

But Sana’s own heart skipped a few beats when she realised that Tzuyu was coming back with ice cream instead.

“Oh, you’re seated down now. I thought I’d need to make you sit down.” Tzuyu teased as she handed a cup to Sana.

“Well, I’m glad you’re back here too.” Sana replied, sticking out her tongue.

Tzuyu didn’t wait to ask, she simply used her spoon to take a bite out of Sana’s ice cream and put it in teasingly.

“Ya! Don’t steal my ice cream!” Sana scolded, pouting.

“Here, you can take a bit out of mine.” Tzuyu suggested, turning Sana’s pout into a smile immediately.

“Hey! You never let me share your ice cream!” Mina whined.

“Yeah, but you have Cheohyeong.” Tzuyu replied, sticking out her tongue.

“You little! Come here.” Mina threatened.

“Mina. Sometimes I find it hard to distinguish whether you’re the child or Somi is.” Said Chaeyoung, making Mina blush.

“Appa, can I have some ice cream too?” Somi asked.

“No you can’t.” Mina simply replied, making Somi teary.

“Ah Unnie! Somi, come here. Sookbu will buy one for you. Sookmo, want to come?” Tzuyu winked, picking up Somi.

Sana blushed but followed Tzuyu anyway; she didn’t want to leave Tzuyu with that clingy vendor woman again.

Wooyoung and Se Young (A/N: Tzuyu’s Mom) couldn’t help but admire the pair from afar. They looked like a small family. They knew Tzuyu and Sana were right for each other as they watched their daughter throw shy glances and goof around with Sana.

“Don’t they look cute? They remind me of us.” Se Young commented.

“She’s exactly like me; shy and quiet at first but crazy when she’s comfortable. Even gets jealous quickly.” Wooyoung chuckled.

The three came back, Somi kissing both Sana and Tzuyu’s cheek before they sat back down to watch the final ten minutes of the game. Sana slipped her hand in Tzuyu’s, making her raise her eyebrow teasingly.

“What? You need to keep me warm.” Sana cheekily replied, succeeding in gaining one of Tzuyu’s dimple smiles.

Despite the fact that Sana started with great enthusiasm for Yuta, somewhere throughout the game, without realising, her mind had taken a completely different course to a certain tall girl by the name of Chou Tzuyu. She shook her head as they all left the stadium, ready to go home. Sana’s heart was feeling heavier every moment. It was finally hitting her that Tzuyu would be leaving tomorrow and she didn’t want to say goodbye.


A/N: Once again, I'm sorry for writing this so late. I was writing this for the past two days and it wasn't sounding too good.

My brain was preoccupied and I had some struggles getting a good idea of where I was taking this chapter.

Initially, there were meant to say goodbye in this chapter but I thought you guys could get one more fluffy chapter ^^

Anyway, hope you liked this chapter!

I apologise for any mistakes or typos.

If there's a loophole in the story, do let me know!

And also, thanks WB for the help ;)

- stupid author