+5 The Doubt

Can Love Be Arranged?

“Tzuyu, I think you should stay in bed today.” Sana said concernedly as she felt her wife’s forehead. She’d been tossing and turning all night, unable to find one proper position to fall asleep in. Honestly, she’d been like that for a week at least – coming from work, eating, working and sleeping for a few hours before she left again.

“I have heaps of work to do though.” Tzuyu spoke with much difficulty.

“I’m sure you can take a day off Tzuyu. It’s been a while since you’ve been sick.” Sana frowned, worried about Tzuyu’s mental health.

“But I can’t push this on you. You need rest too. What if you get sick?” Tzuyu mumbled.

“I’ll be fine, I promise.” Sana smiled, kissing Tzuyu’s forehead.

“I need to drop Jae at Mina’s house!” Tzuyu recalled, getting ready to sit up.

“I’ll drop him off.” Sana said, pushing Tzuyu back on the bed.

“No, Sana, I’ll do it.” Tzuyu tried to get up again.

“It’s okay! I want to do it. You’re always busying yourself to drop him off. It won’t take long?” Sana pleaded, not wanting Tzuyu to get out of bed.

“Don’t leave, please?” Tzuyu whispered.

Sana bit her bottom lip, thinking about their situation. Tzuyu almost never spoke her feelings out loud and this was a rare thing when she called out for Sana at all. She didn’t hesitate in making her decision, knowing fairly well that Tzuyu needed her right now.

“Give me five minutes, I’ll just message your sister-in-law.” Sana said, walking to the kitchen to tell Chaeyoung about picking up Jae instead.

“Is Mama okay?” Jae asked with concern as he walked into the kitchen.

“She’s just sick Jae. She’ll get better soon.” Sana smiled, ruffling Jae’s hair.

Chaeyoung had driven over in the next few minutes, picking up Jae and advising Sana to make some soup before leaving. Sana nodded shyly and went back to check up on Tzuyu.

“Baby?” Sana called out as she entered their room to see Tzuyu cocooned in her blankets.

She could hear sniffling and she frowned again. Why was Tzuyu sniffling like she was crying? Sana padded over to Tzuyu, pulling a chair and sitting next to the bed. Times like this, she got annoyed of her big stomach. Sana leaned forward, carefully pulling the covers off. Tzuyu turned the other way and Sana would’ve screamed if she wasn’t concerned.

“Tzu?” Sana tried again.

“I’m fine.” Tzuyu whimpered.

“Turn around, please.” Sana asked.

Tzuyu listened, turning around but looking down, avoiding Sana’s eyes. Sana sighed softly, placing a finger under Tzuyu’s chin and pushing it up so she could look at her. Tzuyu shut her eyes tightly and Sana chuckled at her stubborn nature. She kissed Tzuyu’s forehead, moving over to her eyes and then her cheeks and nose.

“Tell me what’s wrong?” Sana whispered.

Tzuyu shook her head, not wanting to show that she needed Sana at the moment. It was a good thing that the two knew each other so well because Sana snuck into the bed, cupping Tzuyu’s cheeks and brushed her fingers across her cheekbones. She moved her hands to run her fingers through Tzuyu’s hair, an effort to be both calming and comforting.

When Tzuyu had drifted off to sleep, Sana had slipped out of the bed to cook something for Tzuyu. Her thoughts were thinking of everything that could possibly running through Tzuyu’s mind. She didn’t know what Tzuyu was thinking about or why she was upset and all she could do was provide hugs and pats.

Tzuyu couldn’t be doubting something right? Sana had so much love for Tzuyu, it was so hard to express it as anything else but that she wants to love her till her last breath. Tzuyu was the best partner anyone could ask for and so much more.

Hands s around her waist and a chin hooked over her shoulder – Sana knew Tzuyu enough to know it was meant to come as a peace offering.

“Come with me.” Tzuyu whispered, slipping her hands through Sana’s and pulling her away from the stove she’d switched off in the nick of time. She led her to their backyard, seating Sana on the grass before she moved away, placing her back against Sana’s to avoid eye contact.

“I’m sorry.” Tzuyu started, taking a deep breath. “I know I don’t open myself up to you often. I don’t tell you how I feel. I thought that maybe I can show you how I feel with actions. I never thought that it could be difficult for you. That you could be suffering because of my own mistakes. You deserve better than that Sana.”

“Tzuyu, how long have you been thinking about this?” Sana asked, frowning.

“A few weeks maybe.” Tzuyu mumbled.

“So the reason that you are sick is because of this.” Sana whispered.

“I’m not that sick.” Tzuyu shook her head.

“Because a sore throat and 40-degree fever is normal.” Sana rolled her eyes.

“Okay maybe I was a little bit sick.” Tzuyu laughed.

“Baby, it might be difficult for me to know what’s on your mind sometimes but I understand that you don’t talk about everything that goes on in that amazing head of yours. Tzuyu, I can always feel how much you love me. I can’t describe how happy I am that I get to have a family with you and grow old with you. To see that you make me breakfast in the morning or the fact that you drop Jae off to school, it means the world to me.” Sana said, turning around to face Tzuyu and cupping her cheeks.

“I love you, I love you so, so much. I’m scared that I’m going to lose you one day. I’m scared that I’ll push you away till I break you. The smallest things I do with you, I cherish. Knowing I have you in my life means so much to me yet I think that I’ll ruin things one day. I don’t want you to let me go. I don’t want to let you go.” Tzuyu sobbed, Sana pulling her head down to lean on her shoulder as she ran her fingers through her hair.

“I won’t let you go. I won’t ever let you go. I promise.” Sana comforted, pressing kisses to the side of Tzuyu’s head.

“I’m sorry.” Tzuyu muttered.

“For what?” Sana asked, confused.

“For being such a mess.” Tzuyu whimpered.

“Tzuyu, you’re not a mess. You’re my special person. You’re my love. You’re the best thing in my world. You’re the reason I smile. You are the reason I look forward to the next day. I don’t think such a person could be a mess.” Sana smiled, wiping away Tzuyu’s tears.

“I’m scared to tell you when I need you most. I never want to be a hassle to you.” Tzuyu whispered against Sana’s neck.

“If you don’t hassle me, then there’s no fun in life.” Sana chuckled. “I don’t care about anything as much as I care about you Tzuyu. Nothing will ever bother me – other than the fact that you never get mad at me.”

Tzuyu laughed softly, “That’s because you’re perfect to me. You deserve so much and I want to give everything I can to you.”

“You’ve given me more than I deserve already Tzuyu. You gave me you and that’s all I need. And then you’ve given me Jae and this blessing right here.” Sana added, pointing to her stomach. “You’ve given me a wonderful life.”

Tzuyu nodded, leaning her forehead against Sana’s.

“Thank you.” Tzuyu mumbled.

“No, thank you. Thank you for opening yourself up to me. Even if it was just once.” Sana smiled, kissing Tzuyu’s forehead.

“I’ll try to be better. I promise.” Tzuyu shook her head.

“All I want you to do is doubt yourself less Tzuyu. You’re amazing and I want you to know that. It will be hard but we’ll work through it, together. I don’t want you to go through anything alone.” Sana said, gazing into Tzuyu’s eyes.

“If I want to grow old with you, I’ve got to listen to you, don’t I?” Tzuyu chuckled.

“Yes you do. And we’re going to start with some medicine for that sickness of yours. Maybe if you’d spent less time overworking yourself, you wouldn’t have gotten sick in the first place.” Sana said, laughing as Tzuyu whined.

“I don’t want to!” Tzuyu groaned.

“Too bad baby. Now get me up, I can’t believe you made me sit on the grass!” Sana scolded as Tzuyu attempted to pull her up.


A/N: All I can write is fluff :')
This chap was inspired by a song actually.
It's called
Say You Won't Let Go
I've been listening to it a lot and thought I'd change it around to suit this story :D

Hope you like this chapter ~