The Impatience

Can Love Be Arranged?

One month later

To say the past month was hard would be an understatement in Tzuyu’s words. Work was piling up like crazy since they had a new project handed to them. On top that, she had to worry about meeting deadlines from her previous assignments. Everything had to be organised well for them so that they could spend time with the potential in-laws and it was really stressing her out to the point where she was only focussing on her job. As a result, she’d gotten sick and had caught the flu. Her work took longer than it should’ve since she was more distracted than usual. Tzuyu had lost count of the amount of times she’d found herself thinking of a certain ash-haired girl than her actual work. She was extremely happy with herself for taking a picture of Sana otherwise she would’ve actually gone insane.

Tzuyu sighed heavily as she finished the last of her work, taking off her reading glasses and massaging her forehead. She stretched around a little bit, her back slightly aching from her posture. They were set to leave in a little over and hour and Tzuyu still had to run to the jeweller since she had ordered a necklace she liked for Sana. She was quite happy with the work she had managed to complete within the day but she was a lot happier now that she was going to see Sana. Hell, she was still a nervous wreck but she was feeling so excited at the same time. She grabbed her car keys and headed to the jeweller, picking up the necklace and driving home to her awaiting family.

“Is everyone ready?” Tzuyu asked.

“Yes! Somi and Chaeyoung are just coming down now.” Mina answered.

They were all going in one van instead of taking several cars. As soon as everyone piled in the van, Tzuyu’s father drove away. Tzuyu took this time to catch up on some much needed sleep, hoping a certain girl would be in her dreams.

Momo still hadn’t stopped teasing Sana about their visitors. Every now and then she would catch Sana in a daze, or smiling and Momo couldn’t help but mock Sana’s actions. She had a better prank this time though. Momo was out at the balcony, staring outside while Sana was in her own room.

“Hey Sana! Look they’re here!” Momo shouted, giggling at her own antics.

“W-what? Where?!” Sana shouted, running towards Momo and smiling.

Sana observed their surroundings and realised no one was there.

“Ya! You liar!” Sana shouted, chasing Momo around the balcony.

“Sana, what are you going you call her by? Your groom that’s coming dressed up?” Momo teased, earning another smack from Sana.

“I’m not going to call her anything. I’m going to be talking through gestures. Others call them their own but I’m not going to be like that.” Sana snickered.

“I can’t believe you found someone from the city.” Momo said, shaking her head.

“One day you’ll find someone too. They’ll be super lucky to have you as their partner.” Sana said.

“I don’t know. I might have been in previous relationships but I don’t think I’m mature enough to handle marriage. Mum thinks I should get married though. Trying to make me prettier from now.” Momo snickered.

“Well, I think marriage is a huge responsibility. If you think it’s something you’re not ready for then you should talk to Aunty about it.” Sana offered.

“How do you feel about all of this?” Momo asked.

“Well, it’s definitely a new thing for me. You know I’ve never been in any relationships before. I have no idea what my feelings mean.” Sana said truthfully.

“Are you feeling nervous around her?”

Sana nodded.

“Does your heart flutter?”

Sana nodded again.

“When you’re with her, do you feel weirdly happy?”

Sana nodded.

“Do you feel sad when she’s not there? Oh wait I already know the answer to that. Do you feel more energetic? Like you can do anything?”

Sana nodded.

“Oh my god. Sana, you’re actually in love.” Momo cackled, falling on the floor and laughing.

“W-what? I was right then?” Sana mumbled.

“Wait, you already considered it?” Momo asked.

“I thought that’s what it was. I wasn’t sure though.” Sana replied.

“Aw, you’re all grown up now.” Momo babied, earning a glare from Sana before she got chased by her.

Tiffany was in the kitchen, preparing things for the evening. She was really mad that Nichkhun had invited them to their own holiday home.

“He called everyone here, there isn’t even that much space. There’s so much work to do yet no one knows that.” Tiffany mumbled to herself as she made pastries.

“Dear, why are you getting so worried? Here, let me make these instead.” Nichkhun said, pulling away the pastry tray.

“You don’t have to help.” Tiffany mumbled, slightly embarrassed.

“But I want to.” Nichkhun replied, teasing Tiffany.

Tzuyu finally woke up from her slumber in the car. She was still sniffling from her slightly blocked nose. Thankfully, it had gotten better over the past day. She picked up the boxed necklace from her bag and opened it, observing the gem. It was a simple design; simply a lock and a key. Tzuyu wanted to get something that wasn’t very flashy or noticeable.

She found herself thinking about how she’d give her the necklace in the first place. Maybe they’ll be on a grassy hill, giggling at something silly and she’ll bring it out of her pocket to hand it over to her. Tzuyu laughed at her own childish thoughts. She placed the box back in her bag as she sneezed. Damn her flu. She would do anything to get rid of the remnants of the sickness. Maybe some more sleep would suffice. This ride felt like it was taking forever.

“Oh, another 100 kilometres to go!” Tzuyu said enthusiastically as Mina laughed at her.

Chaeyoung decided to annoy Mina, pulling on her ear as Mina was too slow to react. Mina sulked since she couldn’t grab her hand and pouted, making Chaeyoung laugh and stop the teasing. Tzuyu could only watch on with curiosity. She was still amazed that someone could tame the wild beast that was her sister. She shook her head at their childishness and went back to sleep, wanting the ride to be over already.

This was about the third time that Sana had gone out to her balcony to check for the visitors. She was looking on with curiosity, not realising that Momo had crept up behind her. She pretended to water the pot plants near her, not realising they were already watered.

“Sana, I think you’re giving them too much water. I already watered them.” Momo laughed as Sana blushed crimson.

“Oh, really, I didn’t realise.” Sana attempted,

“Sure Sana. Only because your eyes are on someplace else.” Momo teased, pointing to the road.

“Oh my god Momo. Stop teasing me! I’m older than you for god sakes.” Sana exasperated.

“Wait until Hyeongbu comes here! I’m going to tell her all about what you’ve been doing!” Momo mocked, running away yet again from Sana.

Tzuyu was about 10 minutes out from the holiday house. She stuck her face out of the car, appreciating the fresh and crisp air that surrounded them. She could sight someone on the balcony so she begged for Somi’s toy binoculars and used them to focus on the people there. Tzuyu laughed as she saw Momo and Sana chase each other around. Sana seemed to pick up on the fact that their car was arriving and she squinted a little. Her eyes widened when she saw Tzuyu and she ducked from Tzuyu’s sight, making her pout.

Tzuyu ran her fingers through her hair and fixed up her clothes as they reached the driveway of the residence. She got out of the car to greet Sana’s parents while Sana met Tzuyu’s. Chaeyoung and Somi stayed back as Sana’s dad walked Tzuyu’s parents and Mina into the house. Tzuyu didn’t know what to do so she continued looking around until Momo appeared in front of her.

“Hey Hyeongbu! How was the trip?” Momo asked, making Tzuyu blush.

“It was good. I think I slept through most of the road.” Tzuyu replied, chuckling.

Tzuyu could see Sana playing with Somi from the corner of her eye and she smiled at the sight. She already seemed like she’d won Somi’s heart. Momo continued the light conversation before she pulled Tzuyu inside, leaving behind a laughing Chaeyoung.

“You know Hyeongbu, Sana won’t admit it but she actually missed you a lot. I caught her staring out the balcony today about three times.” Momo whispered, making Tzuyu laugh.

“Really now. Shouldn’t you be protecting her and keeping her secrets safe?” Tzuyu asked teasingly.

“Psht, it was too good of a secret not to tell. You can’t tell I told you though!” Momo said.

“Alright I won’t.” Tzuyu chuckled, deciding to walk to the front of the house and enjoy the peace.

Sana brought juice and water for everyone, noticing Tzuyu wasn’t present amongst them. Tzuyu’s father had told her off for treating them like visitors when they should be treated like family.

“We came here as family Nichkhun Shi. Sana, you don’t have to treat us otherwise. Maybe you should take pointers from Sana, Mina.” Wooyoung snickered as Mina stuck out her tongue.

Sana was about to sit down with them but realised that she should get Tzuyu something too. She looked around for her, finding her sniffling and blowing her nose at the front of the house.

“Water?” Sana offered, from a far.

Tzuyu whipped around, obviously surprised by Sana’s presence. Sana walked closer, offering the glass of water once again and earning a smile from Tzuyu. Her heart beat even faster than possible when she saw the dimple on Tzuyu’s cheek. Sana could say that she was screaming internally. She headed to leave before she heard Tzuyu pull some ice out of a cooler. Tzuyu was already sniffling, how could she carelessly get herself more sick?

“When you have the flu, you shouldn’t drink cold water.” Sana said softly, biting back a smile and walking away.

Tzuyu was flustered and shocked by Sana’s words. She was still surprised each time Sana spoke because her voice was so soft and low. But then at other times it would be husky. She touched her nose, smiling at how Sana figured out she had the flu. She dropped the ice back into the cooler and headed inside with the others.


A/N: this is a peace offering!

i'm really sorry for raising hopes about the previous chapter being an update

hope you like this chapter!

and just wanted to thank everyone who has commented or upvoted this story.

it always makes me feel like i'm accomplishing something and getting somewhere

- stupid author