+3 The Baby

Can Love Be Arranged?

“I – I think it broke.” Sana whispered.

“IT WHAT?!” Tzuyu shouted.

“IT GODDAMN BROKE!” Sana freaked out.

“It’s okay Sana, just breathe. I’ll carry you to the car.” Tzuyu rushed, grabbing her keys off her kitchen counter.

Sana screamed as a contraction sent shockwaves of pain coursing through her body. She gripped tightly onto Tzuyu’s shirt as she carried her down to their car.

“AH! It hurts!” Sana whined.

“Almost there love, almost there. Just keep breathing – in, out.” Tzuyu panicked.

Tzuyu had never sped so fast in her entire life. She reversed out of her parking spot, swerving it into the main road as she held on to Sana’s hand. She bit the inside of her cheek as Sana squeezed her hand tightly, not caring about the pain she was in herself when her wife was going through something far worse.

She quickly parked the car as they reached the hospital, taking her to the emergency section who contacted their doctor. Sana was put into a wheelchair, still groaning as another contraction passed through her body. They wheeled her into a private room, placing Sana onto the bed, plugging in monitors and god knows what, Tzuyu had no idea. She shot a message to both Momo and her sister, informing them that Sana was in labour.

“Tzuyu…” Sana whispered, the pain subsiding.

Tzuyu ran to Sana’s side, holding on to the bed.

“For God’s sake Chou Tzuyu, I’m never going through this again!” Sana suddenly shouted, holding her wife’s hair with a deadly grip. Tzuyu almost had a heart attack with the sudden change, understanding that her contractions were getting worse.

“Beautiful, breathe, just breathe.” Tzuyu soothed, trying to weasel her way out of Sana’s grip.

“DON’T TELL ME WHAT TO DO!” Sana screamed.

“It’ll be okay!” Tzuyu tried again.

“I need you to push as hard as you can Sana.” The doctor advised.

Sana groaned, using all her power to do as the doctor said. Her forehead was becoming sweaty and was becoming parched.

“Can someone just get this thing out of me!” Sana seethed.

“Doctor, can’t you do something about it?” Tzuyu pleaded, looking towards the doctor.

“Stop staring at someone else, will you! If you want to cheat, why are you doing it in front of me?” Sana scoffed.

Tzuyu muttered under her breath, not sure if she finds this side of Sana amusing or scary. Maybe a combination of both was the right answer. She looked towards the doctor once again, hoping they could do something.

“Alright, give her some Entonox, it’ll help with the pain.” The doctor mumbled to the nurse.

“WHO ARE YOU?” Sana shouted at the nurse.

“Sana, she’s the nurse.” Tzuyu explained, giving Sana her hand to hold as the nurse provided some Entonox.

Sana calmed down a little bit, sweat soaking her hair as she pushed harder.

“One last push, you’re almost there.” The doctor announced.

“Come on love, you can do this.” Tzuyu mumbled, kissing Sana’s forehead.

Wailing was the only confirmation they needed, a sigh of relief escaping Sana’s lips as she gave the last push.

“Congratulations, it’s a baby boy.” The nurse cooed, wrapping their son in a blanket and handing him to Sana.

The two of them gazed at their bundle of joy, tears forming in Sana’s eyes as she cradled their son. Their first child. Tzuyu smiled at the sight, taking a picture of Sana and their baby boy before she kissed Sana’s head.

“He’s beautiful, just like you.” Tzuyu mumbled.

“He has your nose, I think.” Sana smiled.

“If he has your looks, he’ll be causing problems for everyone at school.” Tzuyu chuckled.

“Here, hold him.” Sana said, handing Tzuyu their baby.

“What should we name him?” Tzuyu whispered as she cooed after him. Handing him to the nurse to dry him, Tzuyu turned to Sana for a response.

“How about Jae? It’s short and cute. Chou Jae.” Sana offered.

“It’s perfect.” Tzuyu muttered, leaning down and kissing Sana’s forehead.

The nurse checked Jae’s Apgar scores, ensuring he was healthy before he was handed back to Sana, placed upon her chest and asleep. He was fed a little while later, put into a safety cot beside Sana’s bed afterwards.

“Get some rest love. Thank you for blessing us both with an angel.” Tzuyu whispered, cradling Sana’s cheeks.

Sana nodded, allowing herself to drift off to sleep for a little while.

When Jae woke up, Tzuyu was smiling. She carefully lifted him up, carrying him around in her arms. He was so light and adorable.

“Thank you for coming into this world Jae-ah.” Tzuyu mumbled, Jae looking at her curiously.

Sana, who had woken up from her slumber as well, watched the two amusedly. Tzuyu had said that she wouldn’t be a good parent, unaware of what to do but from what she could see, she was absolutely wonderful at it.

There was a knock at their door and it slid open, revealing Sana’s family.

“Congratulations you two!” Momo squealed, running forward to engulf Sana in a hug.

“You say you two yet you only hug Sana.” Tzuyu huffed.

“Oh come on Hyeongbu!” Momo chuckled, leaning over and giving Tzuyu a hug too.

Nichkhun and Tiffany smiled at the two, moving away to start talking to Sana.

“What did you name him?” Momo asked, holding Jae carefully.

“Jae. Chou Jae.” Tzuyu said proudly.

“Jae? That’s cute!” Momo gushed.

“Sana’s choice.” Tzuyu smiled.

“Did she even let you choose?” Momo snickered.

“I can hear you, you know.” Sana called out.

“I liked the name too.” Tzuyu chuckled.

Sana’s family left soon after, allowing Tzuyu’s family to come through. They didn’t want to overcrowd the room for them.

“Oh thank god he looks more like Sana!” Mina shouted with glee.

Chaeyoung pinched her and Mina whined, pouting. “Why’d you pinch me?!”

“Be nice. And don’t shout!” Chaeyoung snickered, arguing with Mina as Somi ran up to Tzuyu.

“He’s so small.” Somi whispered.

“You were like this too Somi-ah.” Tzuyu smiled.

Wooyoung and Se Young fretted over Sana, ensuring she was okay and feeling well. She looked tired again so they decided to leave them all, giving Sana some time to rest again. Placing Jae back in his cot, Tzuyu sat down next to Sana.

“Lay with me?” Sana whispered sleepily.

Tzuyu shook her head, not wanting to cause Sana pain in any way.

“I’ll be okay, I promise. I just need you here.” Sana asked again. Tzuyu gulped, nodding as she carefully climbed the bed, trying to avoid possible injury. Running her hand through Sana’s hair, her wife fell asleep.

The nurse came back in to check on both the baby and Sana a few hours later, planning on discharging them both since everything seemed fine. They brought food for Sana as well and informed that Sana should try to feed Jae again.

“Just sign here for the discharge.” The nurse informed Tzuyu.

Tzuyu helped Sana walk in as they reached their apartment, Jae in Sana’s arm fast asleep. As much as Tzuyu wanted to do something, she didn’t know what. She held on to Jae as Sana showered, rocking him slowly.

“You know, you said that you wouldn’t be a good parent but I think you’d be amazing.” Sana whispered, walking towards Tzuyu and Jae.

“I don’t even know what I’m doing.” Tzuyu shook her head.

“You’re doing great, that’s what you’re doing.” Sana replied, kissing Tzuyu tenderly.

Tzuyu had decorated their child’s room a week earlier, using neutral colours since they’d decided to remain unaware of their baby’s gender. Sana was amazed by how beautiful it looked and she couldn’t have been more proud of how well it was done.

“Also, you did an amazing job with the room, don’t forget that.” Sana mumbled, kissing Tzuyu’s nose as she took Jae out of Tzuyu’s arms.

“I know I thanked you already but I’m going to say it again. Thank you Minatozaki Sana. Thank you for this blessing.” Tzuyu mumbled.

“Chou.” Sana smiled.

“Hmm?” Tzuyu asked.

“Chou Sana.” Sana teased.

“R-right. It’s hard to get used to.” Tzuyu giggled.

“And you don’t need to thank me Tzuyu. He’s our blessing.” Sana mumbled, pecking Tzuyu’s lips once more.


A/N: asdfghjkl this chapter was hard for me
It's probably my shortest chap but I felt like it was the right time to end it so I'm very conflicted

Hope you all welcome Chou Jae ~ hehe

Sorry for any typos too! ^^

Sorry guys, realised I left out the beginning of the one shot D:

- supercalifragilisticexpialidocious author